Beaumont jumps off the 60

Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 5:26am
Anyone ever ride out there? I’m going down to visit family and really want to check out some of the jumps. But I’ve seen that the fuzz likes to rain on the parade... Anyone have any insight on this?

|
VilloFan951
12/6/2017 6:36pm
I use to ride here all the time growing up. The cops do like to come down on riders from what I’ve been told but I think if u park far enough in the hills they might not see you. Trails were fun tho and the jumps from what I remember were pretty good
12/6/2017 7:09pm
Yeah i haven’t seen anything lately so that’s why i was wondering if they’ve ran just about everyone off. The trails look epic though. Single track on top of the ridges looks so fun! I’ve seen some videos from the pros and the jumps look like they’d be super crazy. But still fun.
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
12/6/2017 7:11pm
I've ridden here a lot over the past two years and have yet to see some cops. Just park in a low key spot

The Shop

12/6/2017 7:29pm
SteezGeez wrote:
I've ridden here a lot over the past two years and have yet to see some cops. Just park in a low key spot
Where do you gain access from? A lot of guys say off jack rabbit you just go far back into the hills?
SteezGeez
Fantasy
476th
12/6/2017 7:37pm
Where do you gain access from? A lot of guys say off jack rabbit you just go far back into the hills?
Lamb Canyon trail head. Real easy to miss so you need it on your GPS. You just pull in like an 1/8 mile and find a nice tree.
12/6/2017 7:46pm
SteezGeez wrote:
Lamb Canyon trail head. Real easy to miss so you need it on your GPS. You just pull in like an 1/8 mile and find a...
Lamb Canyon trail head. Real easy to miss so you need it on your GPS. You just pull in like an 1/8 mile and find a nice tree.
Ok cool! I’ll look it up when i get down into town. Thanks for the help man!
Lightning78
12/6/2017 8:15pm
Yeah i haven’t seen anything lately so that’s why i was wondering if they’ve ran just about everyone off. The trails look epic though. Single track...
Yeah i haven’t seen anything lately so that’s why i was wondering if they’ve ran just about everyone off. The trails look epic though. Single track on top of the ridges looks so fun! I’ve seen some videos from the pros and the jumps look like they’d be super crazy. But still fun.
I've ridden some HAIRY singletrack ridges there ....vertical 30+ foot vertical on each side and one a tire wide....scary when the wind is howling too.....at the same time it was awesome!!! Beaumont is my favorite place to ride especially when it's good.....everything you could want to ride is there. Great trips, Hillclimbs, Jumps all over the place from mild to wild, and quite a few naturally made tracks pop up here and there. Too bad some have had to deal with the cops I never have and I've been going there for 14 years.
If it could somehow be a little more organized and recognized as an Offroad recreation area with minimal amenities, no conservationist or ranger interference and just enough fencing to keep people from dropping off their large trash items that should otherwise be in a landfill....which ironically is right next to the place on one side.

You can enter off jack rabbit and Beaumont Ave but it's a sneaky entrance around a hwy high speed radius if you blink you'll miss it ...sneaks up fast and if you miss it you gotta keep driving for a mile or two before you can make a u-turn, there are other places to enter by the radio antennas too behind jack n the box.
12/6/2017 8:24pm
Yeah i haven’t seen anything lately so that’s why i was wondering if they’ve ran just about everyone off. The trails look epic though. Single track...
I've ridden some HAIRY singletrack ridges there ....vertical 30+ foot vertical on each side and one a tire wide....scary when the wind is howling too.....at the...
I've ridden some HAIRY singletrack ridges there ....vertical 30+ foot vertical on each side and one a tire wide....scary when the wind is howling too.....at the same time it was awesome!!! Beaumont is my favorite place to ride especially when it's good.....everything you could want to ride is there. Great trips, Hillclimbs, Jumps all over the place from mild to wild, and quite a few naturally made tracks pop up here and there. Too bad some have had to deal with the cops I never have and I've been going there for 14 years.
If it could somehow be a little more organized and recognized as an Offroad recreation area with minimal amenities, no conservationist or ranger interference and just enough fencing to keep people from dropping off their large trash items that should otherwise be in a landfill....which ironically is right next to the place on one side.

You can enter off jack rabbit and Beaumont Ave but it's a sneaky entrance around a hwy high speed radius if you blink you'll miss it ...sneaks up fast and if you miss it you gotta keep driving for a mile or two before you can make a u-turn, there are other places to enter by the radio antennas too behind jack n the box.
Yeah my wife’s brother lives in Beaumont so i want to go out there and shred. I’ve only drove past it and seen jumps out there. You haven’t been messed with by the cops? Do you stay away from certain areas?
Lightning78
12/6/2017 8:39pm
Yeah my wife’s brother lives in Beaumont so i want to go out there and shred. I’ve only drove past it and seen jumps out there...
Yeah my wife’s brother lives in Beaumont so i want to go out there and shred. I’ve only drove past it and seen jumps out there. You haven’t been messed with by the cops? Do you stay away from certain areas?
Nope i dont even think about it and just ride my ass off ... weve always bee able to cover pretty much the entire area in a day from beaumont ave back to gillman springs and the 60 to where gillman springs and beaumont ave meet.... also there are NUMEROUS spots to enter, canyons to hide/park in just off Gillman Springs rd.... a lot of the jumps from every classic video are over in that area too.

I have had ONE encounter with the cops... we were ripping thru the middle of the area and my 01 RM250 “Hills Bike” i had, blew up. I had to push that motherf#*ker for almost 3 miles till we got to that overgrown turnout off the 60 and when i finally made it .... flat exhausted, the cops roll up and slightly gave me the business only bec my buddy turned and took off like an escaped convict so it pissed the cop off and i straight told him of the horror i just went through pushing my bike and he chilled out, gave us a light/informative warning as i loaded my bike in my truck.... no prob at all. Maybe ive just been exceptionally lucky but i think its all in the approach really.
Lightning78
12/6/2017 8:41pm
Oh and its kinda cool to make a stop at the abandoned house with the ride in basement. Though the concrete bunker by thise big hillclimbs has a creepy vibe to it.
12/6/2017 8:43pm
Yeah my wife’s brother lives in Beaumont so i want to go out there and shred. I’ve only drove past it and seen jumps out there...
Nope i dont even think about it and just ride my ass off ... weve always bee able to cover pretty much the entire area in...
Nope i dont even think about it and just ride my ass off ... weve always bee able to cover pretty much the entire area in a day from beaumont ave back to gillman springs and the 60 to where gillman springs and beaumont ave meet.... also there are NUMEROUS spots to enter, canyons to hide/park in just off Gillman Springs rd.... a lot of the jumps from every classic video are over in that area too.

I have had ONE encounter with the cops... we were ripping thru the middle of the area and my 01 RM250 “Hills Bike” i had, blew up. I had to push that motherf#*ker for almost 3 miles till we got to that overgrown turnout off the 60 and when i finally made it .... flat exhausted, the cops roll up and slightly gave me the business only bec my buddy turned and took off like an escaped convict so it pissed the cop off and i straight told him of the horror i just went through pushing my bike and he chilled out, gave us a light/informative warning as i loaded my bike in my truck.... no prob at all. Maybe ive just been exceptionally lucky but i think its all in the approach really.
Yeah for sure. I mean i know the risk being out there but it would be worth it. Plus it’ll be on Christmas Day! So let’s hope they have more important things to do or they under staffed haha. I can’t wait to shred some of those jumps. Finally riding the place I’ve only seen in videos!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
12/6/2017 10:35pm
The biggest problem is parking. You gotta find someone who lives local and park at their place. ML and I got $500 parking tickets there last winter.
12/7/2017 5:26am
The biggest problem is parking. You gotta find someone who lives local and park at their place. ML and I got $500 parking tickets there last...
The biggest problem is parking. You gotta find someone who lives local and park at their place. ML and I got $500 parking tickets there last winter.
Ouch. That soul ruin even the best session. Have you been to Ocotillo Wells? I’ve been looking at it via google earth and didn’t know if I’d just play it safe and ride down there.

Post a reply to: Beaumont jumps off the 60

The Latest