Beginner first time

My first time ever yesterday on a ktm sx 125 and was okay going forward but any time a came to a corner a got nervous and scared and kept pulling the brake am looking to get into the sport and wondering if there was any tips for approaching corners?
|
pkiczuk
6/23/2018 3:29am
Brake before the turn, accelerate through and out. Thanks to you tube, there are a ridiculous amount of riding tips you can watch. Watch a bunch of them, keep notes, then on your next ride try different techniques you've seen. Also, practice practice practice. You'll know you're going to fast into a corner when you just keep going straight, or high side it. You're going to slow if you stall out or have to put your foot down to keep from tipping over, and you'll probably lose your balance and fall over anyway. Trust the bike to get you through it. I don't have a lot of experience riding two strokes, even though when I was growing up that's what all the MX bikes were, but you're gonna wanna keep them rpm's up. Pull the clutch in a bit and rev the piss out of it basically. There's gonna be some more experienced (a lot more experience) guys that will be able to give you better tips. But as someone who's really a 32 year old "novice" himself, I understand where you're coming from. It's ok to be scared, but don't let that stop you. This sport is scary, but that's why so many people love it. Just don't let that get in the way of you enjoying it, or progressing.
fox1nz
6/23/2018 3:34am
Yes, if you're not falling off, you're not learning!!!
kb228
6/23/2018 4:05am
Slow going into the corner and focus on getting the exit right. If you botch it by going in too fast youll mess up the obsticle after. Over time move your braking point towards the apex of the turn.

The Shop

pkiczuk
6/23/2018 4:56am
matter of fact, when I bought my 250F, it was my first "big" bike, i was living at my buddies house and he had a yz450F. To help me learn to corner, he made a pass a few times in the same spot in the back yard and created a nice little rut, and told me to practice staying in that same spot. Within an hour it was a full on berm from me missing it and just making the corner wider haha. But it was great practice!
Sharpe325
6/23/2018 6:15am
Best advice is just keep on working and practicing on it and the more comfortable you get the faster you will get then before you know it it will just feel kinda natural to you.
Solidkm
6/23/2018 7:04am
Don’t be afraid to skip the clutch. Especially on a 125. But true for all bikes. They are designed to take an extreme anount of abuse compared to a manual vehicle, if you’re familiar w that

Post a reply to: Beginner first time

The Latest