Best Michelin hard to mid tire?

fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
My local retailer has a deal on Michelins. Haven't tried one. What's the recommended hard to mid tire?

YZ250F -- currently has the stockers on it. Bridgestone 403/404

Pirelli also on sale.
|
tempura
1/23/2018 11:07pm
Starcross 5 medium on the rear, soft on the front.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
1/23/2018 11:22pm
Thanks tempura. Choice seems to be Starcross 5 Med or Pirelli Scorpion MX eXTra X.

What's best? My tracks aren't blue groove but not loamy/sandy either (unfortunately). More like silty with a hard base when dry and rutted clay when wet.
1/23/2018 11:42pm
I run the Starcross 5 Mediums at the moment and I think the front tire is more suited for hardpack/ blue groove stuff because it has short nobbies, clogs up fast and then gets unpredictable. Rear tire is fine. So tempuras suggestion of soft in the front and mid in the rear makes sense. Run them with a little more pressure (min. 13 psi).
Pirellis MX32 soft are excellent and my favorite.They work everywhere, but lose nobbies fast if it's blue groove. Pirelli MX32 midsoft are also more for real hardpack. Tried the MX extras too. Last very long, but have a little less bite and I had to run very low air pressure in the back to get the right feel.
Tuna
1/24/2018 2:37am
Thanks tempura. Choice seems to be Starcross 5 Med or Pirelli Scorpion MX eXTra X. What's best? My tracks aren't blue groove but not loamy/sandy either...
Thanks tempura. Choice seems to be Starcross 5 Med or Pirelli Scorpion MX eXTra X.

What's best? My tracks aren't blue groove but not loamy/sandy either (unfortunately). More like silty with a hard base when dry and rutted clay when wet.
The Starcross works better than the MX Extra in my opinion. The Pirelli is more like a practice or everyday tire.
I run Starcross 5 soft fronts and medium rears for intermediate conditions. 13 to 15psi front for hardpack, 11 to 13 for the rear. The Starcross 5 is very light with great cushioning. Super comfortable tire.

Post a reply to: Best Michelin hard to mid tire?

The Latest