Book of Eli

mauidex
Edited Date/Time 12/26/2017 6:11pm
great movie, BUT based on all the threads and the hype over Roczen, how many SX does Eli win in 2018?? 9 I think last year. Does he come out swinging and kill em all? Does he have arm pump and finish 12th? What does 2018 have in store? UnsureUnsure
|
Jmicmoto13
12/22/2017 12:24pm
I’m gonna say 7-9 wins, and nothing outside of the top 10.
12/22/2017 12:51pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Tomac not outside of the top ten all year I told you I was'nt the only dreamer
12/22/2017 1:28pm
If I'm not mistaken, his only finish outside the top ten in SX last year was due to a mechanical that caused him to crash and have to have the front brake line cut. So I wouldn't say it's impossible.. but unlikely.
deluxeman
12/22/2017 1:38pm
If Roczen is fast from A1, Eli is toast. If Marvin is fast from A1 Eli is toast. Eli's mental fitness has been his Achilles heel. He let Dungey win the SX championship last year because his mental toughness wasn't up for the challenge. I don't see how he fixes that in a few months. Yeah he won the MX championship last year but it was a severely depleted field and Baggett took it to him early in the season until his injury at Red Bud.

Eli is a great natural talent, his weakness is between his ears and that is the hardest one to fix and I think Roczen can get to him pretty early if he is fast from A1, Eli doesn't do well when Kenny is fast.

The Shop

Jmicmoto13
12/22/2017 2:03pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Haha touché.
12/22/2017 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 2:56pm
deluxeman wrote:
If Roczen is fast from A1, Eli is toast. If Marvin is fast from A1 Eli is toast. Eli's mental fitness has been his Achilles heel...
If Roczen is fast from A1, Eli is toast. If Marvin is fast from A1 Eli is toast. Eli's mental fitness has been his Achilles heel. He let Dungey win the SX championship last year because his mental toughness wasn't up for the challenge. I don't see how he fixes that in a few months. Yeah he won the MX championship last year but it was a severely depleted field and Baggett took it to him early in the season until his injury at Red Bud.

Eli is a great natural talent, his weakness is between his ears and that is the hardest one to fix and I think Roczen can get to him pretty early if he is fast from A1, Eli doesn't do well when Kenny is fast.
I'm going to have to kindly disagree. While there is no denying there have been times when he hasn't performed while the pressure was on there has also been a few times when he has. For example Salt Lake City, he was tied for the lead and entered the first turn last and came back to win. To me there would be a decent amount of pressure to perform in that situation and he definitely did.

Another example is the second moto at Budds this year. After the first moto I honestly wasn't sure if he could pull off the championship and he went out pulled out a pretty clutch win in the second moto. Baggett really only took it to him once this year, on the track that nearly ended Eli's career just two years prior. In most motos after that (up until the second Red Bud moto) Eli started behind Blake and beat him many times.

I'm not trying to say he's rock solid when it comes to handling the pressure because there's no denying that he isn't but lets not just ignore situations where he handled it pretty well.
BobKerr
12/22/2017 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 5:07pm
I think that Tomac is going to win the title, and actually wrap it up 1-2 rounds early. I predict at least 10 wins.

Marvin finished the series 61 points behind Eli in 2017. I think that they will BOTH be better than last year, so the points gap at the end of the season will be roughly the same as last year.
cali11
12/22/2017 5:42pm
deluxeman wrote:
If Roczen is fast from A1, Eli is toast. If Marvin is fast from A1 Eli is toast. Eli's mental fitness has been his Achilles heel...

Baggett took it to Eli 1 moto. Then he talked shit like he was going to win the title. That win was weeks before he got hurt. Where do you guys come up with this shit? Marvin can't ride whoops he jumps through them. Last I checked Eli kicked Marves ass in SX this year. As for Ken he barley beat RD at the second SX race this year. You guys act like he is miles ahead of everyone else! Eli is going to win 10 plus wins this year. No I don't think Ken will win A1.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/22/2017 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/22/2017 5:45pm
cali11 wrote:
Baggett took it to Eli 1 moto. Then he talked shit like he was going to win the title. That win was weeks before he got...
Baggett took it to Eli 1 moto. Then he talked shit like he was going to win the title. That win was weeks before he got hurt. Where do you guys come up with this shit? Marvin can't ride whoops he jumps through them. Last I checked Eli kicked Marves ass in SX this year. As for Ken he barley beat RD at the second SX race this year. You guys act like he is miles ahead of everyone else! Eli is going to win 10 plus wins this year. No I don't think Ken will win A1.
I’m going to have to respectfully agree, and here’s why:

1. Because I agree
12/22/2017 6:00pm
Being a Vegas guy, I did a betting line on MotoXAddicts. I will be updating it every Wednesday throughout the season, here is how I see it.

Marvin Musquin (-150)

Eli Tomac (-110)

Ken Roczen (+120)

Jason Anderson (+600)

Blake Baggett (+600)

Dean Wilson (+1200)

Cooper Webb (+1200)

Field (+1000)

Thoughts?
Keith72
12/22/2017 6:10pm
Sorry Im not a vegas betting guy. Can you please explain the +/- thing to me.
12/22/2017 6:16pm
deluxeman wrote:

You said it perfect and you guys make it sound like marvin is horrible through the whoops I mean he is the slowest of the 3 but that is just one part of the track and he's the best at scrubbing of the 3 and that helps makes up for the whoops a little not saying he's going to win the championship I pick roczen but I think he could surprise a lot of people
jeffro503
12/22/2017 8:25pm
cali11 wrote:
Baggett took it to Eli 1 moto. Then he talked shit like he was going to win the title. That win was weeks before he got...
kzizok wrote:

1. Because I agree
And I'll respectfully agree to your respectfully agee'ness.......

1. Because Eli is one bad MoFo!
12/22/2017 9:11pm
Keith72 wrote:
Sorry Im not a vegas betting guy. Can you please explain the +/- thing to me.
-150. Means bet $150 to win $100
+200 means bet $100 to win $200
51xc
12/23/2017 4:40am
Eli showed huge mental strength in '17. he had a very big points gap to make up after the break problems and a couple so so finishes. he got it all together and klicked of wins seemingly easy (which it obviously wasn't). when did you see the last time that the current champ was literally hunted down on points like this? having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see kenny win a1 but so far, kenny made the bigger mistakes in sx which have cost him big time. eli seemed to have found where and when to push and when to take a 3rd or 4th. should be a good season!
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
12/23/2017 6:04am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 6:05am
I don't think I have seen it anywhere so I will post it.

Eli needs good starts or he can forget it, this has always been his struggle indoors on a big bike.

Now if he clicks off some wins and wins by a good bit he will have Marv mentally beat. Right now in my opinion, Marv is more of a threat than kenny simply because we don't know how Kenny will be able to race. He may do great, or he may struggle early on.

And for those that have said Eli is mental, take a look at kenny too. He is just as mental, they all are once 1 or 2 guys starts winning.
wreckitrandy
12/23/2017 9:04am
cali11 wrote:
kzizok wrote:

1. Because I agree
As well as:

2. Because we don't disagree.
kkawboy14
12/23/2017 9:12am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 9:14am
I’m a Tomac guy but I think the butt kicking he got from Herlings and The off season stuff Marv pulled off has Tomac guessing where he is!
cbuehler767
12/23/2017 11:32am
deluxeman wrote:

cali11 wrote:
Thank you. I like how people only reference Roczen whupping the field by 20sec the first race then conveniently gloss over Dungey hounding him the 2nd race. He's not next level to the field like an RC or JS. At least he wasn't when he got hurt and I don't see him be I g faster post injury
JB 19
12/23/2017 12:08pm
34-0 2018, 2019 champ.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
12/23/2017 12:13pm
Being a Vegas guy, I did a betting line on MotoXAddicts. I will be updating it every Wednesday throughout the season, here is how I see...
Being a Vegas guy, I did a betting line on MotoXAddicts. I will be updating it every Wednesday throughout the season, here is how I see it.

Marvin Musquin (-150)

Eli Tomac (-110)

Ken Roczen (+120)

Jason Anderson (+600)

Blake Baggett (+600)

Dean Wilson (+1200)

Cooper Webb (+1200)

Field (+1000)

Thoughts?
That's only betting on a win, right?
I'd put Webb a little higher up. And I'd put Tomac in front of Musquin
But it's really hard to tell. Yours seems pretty good to me
wildbill
12/23/2017 7:37pm
Steve Cox took a badass shot of Eli in Az last year. Maybe he'll post it up. Smile
drt410
12/23/2017 7:43pm
Marvin can blitz whoops. French riders like to jump them when they get very bad but he absolutely can blitz, and does. I dont get where the idea that he only jumps through whoops comes from but its not true.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
12/23/2017 11:36pm
Jesus. How does someone put that much time on the pack in one lap? I know his corner speed is insane but damn.
The secret of ET is in his legs and his heart.
jeffro503
12/24/2017 12:51am
deluxeman wrote:

This is just stupid talk.
12/24/2017 1:07am
51xc wrote:
Eli showed huge mental strength in '17. he had a very big points gap to make up after the break problems and a couple so so...
Eli showed huge mental strength in '17. he had a very big points gap to make up after the break problems and a couple so so finishes. he got it all together and klicked of wins seemingly easy (which it obviously wasn't). when did you see the last time that the current champ was literally hunted down on points like this? having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see kenny win a1 but so far, kenny made the bigger mistakes in sx which have cost him big time. eli seemed to have found where and when to push and when to take a 3rd or 4th. should be a good season!
When Eli was clicking off those wins, RD wasn't even trying. He said himself he didn't even want to be there.
He had the points lead, Eli had already made some mistakes, on previous form he was likely to make some more (and he did) so RD was content to finish 2nd.
The illusion that Eli was head and shoulders better than RD is Fake news. There was no heroism.
Similar to the illusion that KR was dominant- he had one strong ride where he beat the field by a sizeable gap, one ride where he best RD by what, 1 second?
And one yard sale whilst running third.
Yet people still say Roczen was dominant?!

Post a reply to: Book of Eli

The Latest