California to Ban new 2 Strokes over 90cc (except competition) starting 2022?

Johnny Depp
1/17/2020 6:35am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2020 6:11am
Edited after reading some from previous threads.

This is preliminary inside info from a lead mechanic at the Beta distributor's Facebook. No link yet. Ron Williams has been reliable before, he knew about the KYB's on the '20 models months before it was announced.

This is obviously no good. I saw something this week that they were also to ban gas powered lawn equipment sales and it's possible this is in the same proposal?https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/California-s-latest-pollut…

Hopefully somebody in CA can do some digging? It appears this is still pending legislation, but once the ball gets rolling in CA on "green" initiatives, it seldom stops.
|
gt80rider
1/17/2020 6:43am
I think I've heard this one before somewhere..............
KHI Guy
1/17/2020 6:47am
Haven't they been saying this for like 30 years now? I'm surprised that they still sell them in the California.
BikeGuy321
1/17/2020 6:48am
I'm curious if that just means two strokes, or all offroad bikes that don't meet emissions requirements. None of the four stroke MX bikes qualify for a "green sticker" either.

slipdog
1/17/2020 6:49am
Damn you, Soichiro!!!!

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
1/17/2020 7:00am
Having lived in Ca for 61 years now I have to admit sometimes I wish I'd wake up, turn on the news and find out that most of the politicians from this state have gone missing and the capitol building was bulldozed down overnight. Haha just kidding !!

or not
155hk
1/17/2020 7:02am
Tool's song AEnema is becoming more and more relevant as time goes on with California.
seventeen
1/17/2020 7:10am
155hk wrote:
Tool's song AEnema is becoming more and more relevant as time goes on with California.
...moms coming 'round to put it back to what it 'ought to be...
LEARN TO SWIM...
Zeke27G
1/17/2020 7:19am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 7:19am
Screw you California, you're gonna have to rip my KX500 from my cold, numb hands!!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
1/17/2020 7:34am
California is banning everything, hopefully the politicians will ban themselves soon.
MOTO1313
1/17/2020 7:45am
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KennyT
Fantasy
479th
1/17/2020 7:57am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 7:57am
sumdood wrote:
Having lived in Ca for 61 years now I have to admit sometimes I wish I'd wake up, turn on the news and find out that...
Having lived in Ca for 61 years now I have to admit sometimes I wish I'd wake up, turn on the news and find out that most of the politicians from this state have gone missing and the capitol building was bulldozed down overnight. Haha just kidding !!

or not
Been here one less year than you and I have to agree 100%. It’s the most corrupt State n the Union and unfortunately when they ban them here it will mean the entire Country will follow suit
1/17/2020 8:20am
Watch the junk science they come up with to push this through.
1/17/2020 8:23am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 8:23am
Sometimes I think California is one giant sick social experiment meant to undermine and flood the rest of the country with idiots who think what goes on here is normal.

I can't stand this state sometimes.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
1/17/2020 8:25am
California is a prime example of why not to vote for Democrats.
*authoritarians.
They run on both sides under the guise of doing what's best for us.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
1/17/2020 8:25am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 8:27am
sumdood wrote:
Having lived in Ca for 61 years now I have to admit sometimes I wish I'd wake up, turn on the news and find out that...

or not
KennyT wrote:
Been here one less year than you and I have to agree 100%. It’s the most corrupt State n the Union and unfortunately when they ban...
Been here one less year than you and I have to agree 100%. It’s the most corrupt State n the Union and unfortunately when they ban them here it will mean the entire Country will follow suit
If the rumor of prop tax going to 12.5% I heard comes true there's going to be violence. I can't speak for everyone but I know of 2 old retired guys on my route alone who will shoot if they try to remove them from their house due to not being able to afford a 1200 or whatever it is % property tax increase. Both old grizzly war vets, one of them told me, "I won't move or sell, the only way I'm leaving my house is in a box" And I believe him.... How they think they can take a bigger percentage of every dollar we make year after year after year is mind boggling. Sooner or later everyone's going to say "Hey you know what ?" "How about fuck you" Interesting times ahead
mxpro252
1/17/2020 8:56am
Good to see some rational people are on here.

Not living in CA, I laugh at how naïve and gullible voters are there to keep voting those types of politicians in, but then get concerned because our state eagerly follows whatever CA does, and I know some others do as well. More bans, rules and regulations are sure to come so it’ll be interesting to see how far this one gets taken.
Johnny Depp
1/17/2020 9:03am
I'm not under any illusion that the votes cast are the same as the results produced.

Someone is going to have to challenge these laws in court, the constitution provides for equal protection under the law.

I miss my old bumper sticker "We don't care how the hell they do it in California - Cycle News East"
seventeen
1/17/2020 9:16am
sumdood wrote:

or not
KennyT wrote:
Been here one less year than you and I have to agree 100%. It’s the most corrupt State n the Union and unfortunately when they ban...
I disagree. California's influence on the country is waning...I go further to say that if California enacts the ban of sales on two strokes, other states sales' will increase dramatically - possibly surpassing sales totals that would have included CA in the statistics...
Johnny Depp
1/17/2020 9:35am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2020 11:23am
sumdood wrote:

or not
KennyT wrote:
seventeen wrote:
I disagree. California's influence on the country is waning...I go further to say that if California enacts the ban of sales on two strokes, other states...
I disagree. California's influence on the country is waning...I go further to say that if California enacts the ban of sales on two strokes, other states sales' will increase dramatically - possibly surpassing sales totals that would have included CA in the statistics...
Kinda like the 2A laws, every time they threaten to ban guns, sales set a new record. Don't tell me what I can't have, it just makes me want it more..
dcg141
1/17/2020 9:39am
I sell lawn equipment and the handheld stuff could go to electric totally pretty easy. In fact as a dealer I only keep handheld anymore because its a necessary evil. Its so leaned out now that its really hard to keep it running correctly and it just clogs up the shop with low income jobs. For me the move to electric there can't happen fast enough. Riding mowers can and are moving to EFI and that's going to increase their price. Most small push mowers are going electric also and Husqvarna Lawn announced that the are getting out of the 21 inch push mower business last year. That leaves pretty much MTD and Snapper as the only companies left in that business. As a KTM dealer I still move a lot of 2 stroke bikes.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
1/17/2020 10:07am
seventeen wrote:
I disagree. California's influence on the country is waning...I go further to say that if California enacts the ban of sales on two strokes, other states...
Most certainly the states that border California will see sales increases
JM485
1/17/2020 10:12am
Watch the junk science they come up with to push this through.
The “report” that CARB put out a few months ago regarding an “exhaustive” study into the pollution of off-road motorcycles was beyond laughable to say the least. The amount of data cherrypicking and just downright misleading info was pretty eye opening.
1/17/2020 10:41am
My neighbor got dinged for parking his travel trailer a few feet on his vacant lot. he owns next to his house. No shit, code enforcement was worried more about his well kept vacant lot. Than homeless encampments in other parts of the city. Fn CA for you.
reded
1/17/2020 10:48am
Over one million diesel pickups belching black smoke out for 300,000 miles and they’re worried about the few two strokes left that run, on average, a few minutes per week?
MOTO1313
1/17/2020 10:54am
California ruins everything. I buy literally nothing from California if I have a choice. I won't buy any ag/or dairy products that are from that state...no fruit, meat or vegetables of any kind. If a parts supplier is from Cali, I look elsewhere. Screw California.
GasGasOrAss
1/17/2020 10:58am
dcg141 wrote:
I sell lawn equipment and the handheld stuff could go to electric totally pretty easy. In fact as a dealer I only keep handheld anymore because...
I sell lawn equipment and the handheld stuff could go to electric totally pretty easy. In fact as a dealer I only keep handheld anymore because its a necessary evil. Its so leaned out now that its really hard to keep it running correctly and it just clogs up the shop with low income jobs. For me the move to electric there can't happen fast enough. Riding mowers can and are moving to EFI and that's going to increase their price. Most small push mowers are going electric also and Husqvarna Lawn announced that the are getting out of the 21 inch push mower business last year. That leaves pretty much MTD and Snapper as the only companies left in that business. As a KTM dealer I still move a lot of 2 stroke bikes.
Do you expect KTM to offer rebates on leftover NOS for February?

Post a reply to: California to Ban new 2 Strokes over 90cc (except competition) starting 2022?

The Latest