Bring our sport out of the stone age

ga_pike
1/2/2020 7:01am
I agree with the OP that more permanent restroom and other facilities should be on the list for improvements at many tracks. For some, it's just not feasible. However, I'd think many tracks already have a well or access to water that could be tapped for restrooms and showers. Those that don't may be able to do a donation drive or search for assistance from those who patronize the facility.

One thing I've always thought would be a neat idea would be to convert an existing motorhome/camping facility into a track. The amenities would already be in place, potentially including a dump station. Many of these facilities are remote enough that a track wouldn't bother neighbors. Trick would be finding one that is struggling and getting it for a good price. However you go about it, there is going to be a sunk cost into the infrastructure.

I'm also surprised you don't see more tracks built adjacent to existing dirt tracks or drag strips. Seems like a logical place to have a MX or SX track where the parking, restrooms, concessions, possibly lighting, etc. are already existing. Good opportunity to increase revenues on off weekends for those facilities if they have the open space.
plowboy
1/2/2020 7:11am
downard254 wrote:
I do septic system installs. Take the price of a septic permit, pay a soil scientist for a soil analysis, pay to have a system installed...
I do septic system installs. Take the price of a septic permit, pay a soil scientist for a soil analysis, pay to have a system installed ($10,000 minimum), then install a well if you don’t already have one, build the bathrooms, several thousand dollars more, at least. I’m pretty sure you can kiss that $30/day riding fee goodbye. I don’t have a problem with porta Johns, if they help keep the costs low for the local tracks.
plowboy wrote:
Exactly. A modern well maintained port o pot is good enough for anyone associated with moto and that includes wife/kids. The biggest problem is guys that...
Exactly. A modern well maintained port o pot is good enough for anyone associated with moto and that includes wife/kids. The biggest problem is guys that feel the need to hose the whole place down. They'd do the same in a nice pisser.
Deja New wrote:
You tried using one in 45 degree ( Celsius ) you’ll break a sweat before you start pushing.... That’s 113 in US terms fuck that shit...
You tried using one in 45 degree ( Celsius ) you’ll break a sweat before you start pushing....
That’s 113 in US terms fuck that shit ill poop n pee in the bushes.
I did say " modern and well maintained" but should have also said "shaded". If you've been to Ironman national then you know how much it helps. Sadly most tracks throw a few out in the blazing sun. I've visited the bushes plenty of times.Wink
Shaggin589
1/2/2020 7:14am
I never really believed the whole rising cost of bikes was as big of an issue till this last week. My new 9k bike started flashing a warning light, not being able to pin point it for sure I had to have it taken to the dealer to be plugged in, where they then told me no active codes it may be the battery. So now I have to buy a $100 battery and hope that’s its. (Not a big issue to me as it’s the nature of motorized vehicles) But I can see why new people or people barely getting by would shy away.

I also think people constantly downgrading tracks and stuff on social media doesn’t help either. Just because you didn’t like it or the owner missed prep one day doesn’t mean that you need to bash them on social media and deter customers. Many who have never been they just say “oh I heard that place sucks I’m not gonna bother”. I like to form my own opinion and visit tracks. Many I have gone to and are really fun just someone didn’t like it cuz the jump was too hard or it got too rough and they couldn’t cruise.
LOOnatic
1/2/2020 7:33am
Good topic.
I think it all comes down to cost and access .
MX isnt the only sport going through a tough time either. Any motorized sport is having a tough go right now.
Bikes and everything to keep one going is always more expensive for the seat time you get.
I used to road race and the entry fees for sprint races (roughly 6-8 laps) got so expensive i switched over to Endurance racing where the seat time value went way up.
Like wise i gravitated to MX practice days and off road racing for seat time value.
Ive talked to track owners and most of them lease the land so making permanent bathroom upgrades and the like are not gonna happen although i agree it would be nice.
I wish i had a bunch of solutions to offer but it seems like the problems are on all sides :
Cost.
Acces to riding areas.
Phone/video game culture and risk averse leading to lack of mechanical knowledge needed to maintain a bike.

Maybe E bikes can help with some of the issues i described and the few times i rode my buddys Alta i was encouraged by the potential.

The Shop

mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
1/2/2020 7:34am
Budds Creek has full bathrooms, but John has told me that they have been vandalized numerous times during the day by unsupervised minors who have nothing better to do. They think it is funny.
So yeah, if I owned a track - porta johns would be the way to go.
milamcreek
1/2/2020 7:39am
Just would like to follow up by stating: in our riding circle there are about 20 of us ages range from 13-74. I myself have been riding MX for almost a half century 48 years to be exact.
There was a family yesterday at village two sons on two new bikes. Mother Father and two other smaller children one boy one girl. I watched as they filmed their two boys riding they were all enjoying themselves.
Later I watched as the mother and one daughter walked to the porta potty together the daughter opens the door then turns towards the mom with that look.
Guys our little group talked about it, and the fact is some of the older guys stated the same their wives will not come out because of these type of conditions. So if you want to agree fine if you don't fine. But when you have people like myself that have been doing this for 50 years and more you may want to listen. Not just bash.
Larry Shirey out.
Johnny Depp
1/2/2020 8:57am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2020 9:05am
mxrose3 wrote:
Budds Creek has full bathrooms, but John has told me that they have been vandalized numerous times during the day by unsupervised minors who have nothing...
Budds Creek has full bathrooms, but John has told me that they have been vandalized numerous times during the day by unsupervised minors who have nothing better to do. They think it is funny.
The now defunct Cross Creek near Austin built nice permanent restrooms and showers. They too were repeatedly vandalized and the drains constantly clogged with mud and overflowing everywhere. I'm sure that building is still standing doing nothing, but the lighting system was salvaged and used at Murphy's, not sure about the gate. The point is infrastructure cost can be super high and comes with no guarantees of financial success.

Personally, I'd rather have several Porta Potties spread around the pits rather than only one big one that you have to take a long walk to get to.

Do we really need all this stuff to have fun? Again look at Scrambles. Full Flag starts due to different class structures, no man made track obstacles, no permanent land lease, no fencing requirements, no water truck, no discing and tilling, no flaggers etc. Over twice the riders usually and half the expense. Hmm
Kenny Lingus
1/2/2020 9:32am
This did bring up a good point. I see lots of focus on bringing in riders, which should be the main focus, but spectators are where you make money. You get to keep their money while race fee's go to well you know, everything.

There was a track in Watkins Glen right off the back property of the road course. The town is a tourist hot spot and was not uncommon for foreign tourists to come watch the races. They weren't huge numbers but I tried to talk the owner into taking advantage of it somehow. After one of my motos I stopped at the fence to watch the next moto and had a Japanese couple come over for pics and ask questions. Weird but cool at the same time.

If you can figure out how to get spectators in and maybe spend some cash it could help. I know that's a huge "if".
SEEMEFIRST
1/2/2020 9:36am
One thing to remember about Village Creek is that every thing from the south fence of the night track is below the flood plane.
That's a big problem for septic systems and drains.

Johnny Depp
1/2/2020 9:39am
Exactly how are races "promoted" these days. Facebook seems to be it. Lot's of the younger gen have moved on from FB and lot's of the older gen won't use it. No one does direct mail anymore, even email is obsolete apparently? Banner's and flyers are seldom seen.
408Jeepster
1/2/2020 9:46am
mxrose3 wrote:
Budds Creek has full bathrooms, but John has told me that they have been vandalized numerous times during the day by unsupervised minors who have nothing...
I was around when Johnathan built that building. The first weekend it was open the bathrooms/showers were destroyed. It was disgusting. This is another reason we don't see these types of facilities, in addition to the cost.
MX558
1/2/2020 9:58am
I'm a vet rider and live about 35 minutes North East of Chicago . The tracks we frequent the most are tracks well maintained, we're not concerned whether they have a porta potty for brick-and-mortar toilets. The people I talked to are most hesitant about getting into the sport because of how far you have to travel in our case at least an hour most are hour and a half two hours to get to the facility I think electric bikes would help a lot towards growing a sport. The area I grew up in had two tracks next door to subdivisions we didn't ride on Sundays there and two strokes were a lot quieter.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
1/2/2020 10:10am
Just throwing some ideas/concepts out there to help solve the problem. First point to make: doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result won't solve anything.

1) I love combustion engines, but electric being the way of the future for the mini's could come as a benefit to the sport. Could simplify maintenance for non-mechanical parents. Less intimidating for the kids, and could have tracks in town where noise requirements aren't an issue. Not trying to start an argument about global warming, I'm a hard core conservative. I'm just saying that electric bikes are coming whether people want to admit it or not. Personally, I'll always have a gas engine bike, but I still dig the technology that comes with electric. That could get new riders to the track. Lets embrace it.

2) Track owners need to realize they will never make money to justify running a track simply based on entrance fees. Gas stations don't make money selling gas. They make money in the convenience stores where they get foot traffic for people going to the bathroom, then stop by to buy a fountain drink, candy bar (or something healthy like fruit), or a snack. It would be good to have a parts store with some of the basics available. Tubes, lubes, screws, grips, bars, chains, and riding gear. Gotta have another reason for people to spend money. You're better off on having a lower cost entrance fee and making higher margins on the snack, parts, and gear store.

3) Have an on line store in addition to the brick and mortar store at the track. Find a way to generate passive income that people can still buy from where you don't have the operating cost of track prep, etc.

4) UTV tracks. The growth market right now is in the UTV market place. Why not get a UTV track and advertise it? Trying to make ends meet by charging an entrance fee for riders just doesn't generate enough GDP. Gotta go after other markets.

A busy day at a track would be 100 riders. At $25, that's $2500 per day. When one looks at the cost of diesel for prep, maintenance on prep equipment, people to be paid to run the operation, there's no way one can make money in that scenario. Going up to $30 per rider won't solve that equation folks. There's just not enough GDP in it.

Again, you have to look at it like a gas station / convenience store comparison. They don't make money on the gas. they make money on the stuff in the store when you go in to drop the kids off at the pool.
Mossy
1/2/2020 10:19am
MCMX in NC is probably my favorite track. They have porta-potties, but they are clean and maintained. You don’t feel like you catch a disease when you go to use them.

To be honest the bathroom thing doesn’t effect me. I don’t come to the track to use the bathroom, if I’m at the track, I want to be in the restroom as least as possible lol.

And the whole electric thing. It’ll be funny to see what it brings to tracks. I can imagine a whole new type of demographic popping up and having a whole ebike group of people having tensions with the Combustion Engine group people. Making complaints about one another throughout the day Grinning
Kidd
1/2/2020 10:56am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2020 11:04am
milamcreek wrote:
Hey, if you don't mind your girlfriend (assuming you have one) going into the portal John after 30 guys with nervous stomach go drop a load...
Hey, if you don't mind your girlfriend (assuming you have one) going into the portal John after 30 guys with nervous stomach go drop a load. Then you don't have much respect for her.
Like I said I was the owner of milamceeek MX park in Denton Texas, also ran Athens MX park in Athens TX. Septic tank is 3500. Cinder block rr 8500. 12k investment. Also not singling out one thing wanting to help the sport grow new ideas and the fact that I'm getting this kind of response is exactly why it is going to fade into the sunset.
Just some words from the newly crowned Douche
Since you are a "former" promoter/owner of mx tracks, not sure why you can't answer your own concerns. Terry Cordray, owner/operator of Village Creek is a long time friend, dating back to 1970 when my dad leased Ross Down from Terry's family promoting the original Friday Night Lights! Terry has found a way to succeed on the amateur level of motocross track ownership with night racing, day racing, cross county, scramblecross for over 40 years. Terry is in the track ownership to make money...period. Terry has never rode motorcycles or raced, he chose his profession because he has a strong passion to provide one of the best tracks in Texas. I have respected and been amazed how he has succeeded this long.
I know times have changed... I know the new generation wants perfectly groomed tracks...won't race if the track is a little muddy... won't show up to a track when it's too hot or cold although the promoter is committed to hold his race... wants a class for every age & size of bike... I get it.
However when motocross was at it's peak we pissed in the front of our truck, took our girlfriends/wifes to the races with no porta potty issues, lucky to see a water truck in sight, non-stop racing all day. That's just the way it was and we loved it!
Support your local track! Enjoy what these hard working promoters have provided you. If you don't like what you see, offer your help and support.
Mike Kidd

Gworm
1/2/2020 11:02am
I'd rather use a clean porta-potty than a nasty permanent one. It seems like with people now days instead of "build it and they will come" the voice would say "build it and it will be trashed" when it comes to restrooms.
Gworm
1/2/2020 11:06am
Also, we need to remember that it costs a lot of money to provide people a place to ride, and if you aren't willing to pay your fair share, then you don't deserve to ride there.

Not to mention the threat of lawsuits, like was brought up in another thread.
piscokid
1/2/2020 11:28am
A few comments:

1) Tracks need better websites. The current batch of local tracks use FB or IG. If they do have websites, they either aren't updated or don't function correctly. Pay to have a website done and have it set up to easily add content. This really is a bare minimum of acceptable business practice today. A couple of track owners around Ohio will take phone pictures of printed race results from the track software and post those on FB or IG as the "race results" LAME.

2) Basic marketing, Gather email address's of your customers. Basic email marketing would go along way of promoting practice/race days. (some are going to bitch about getting to many emails, yeah yeah, so don't give it.) I don't think it is spam if it is something I am interested in.

3) Continue to innovate with unique or fun ideas to generate extra revenue. A couple of ideas that my buddies have kicked around: Have a fastest lap of the summer board with names and lap times for the different size bikes. Have a transponder to rent (the karting world makes use of a single person timing system that is pretty inexpensive) and have a rider "rent" the transponder for 15 minutes or so and post the lap times (of the fastest) for the day, the month or the summer. Email results out to your customers...."Joe Blow just smoked the fastest lap time for the 450's at 1.35 beating the previous time of 1.38." Moto league. Has any track ever tried a moto league similar to a bowling league? Maybe have 1 night a week thru the summer or (early on a Saturday/Sunday before open practice) Pick 2-3 classes and have a race league. For example, just a simple 250/450 2 moto format race. No age group or A,B,C divisions. Run the league for 6 weeks. Prepay for all the races, (you can have a substitute for yourself) timed motos with a short break in between. Have a min/max for class participation. You could have teams, race a 250 and 450 for end of the year awards, have an iron man (someone who rides both classes) Split teams, race the same bike but different rider for each class.. It seems ANYTHING creative over what is being done currently is better than prep, ride/race repeat.

Increase attendance = increased revenue = nicer facilities.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/2/2020 1:08pm
One thing, the sport is going to improve with electric bikes for sure. The tracks easily have the money to install charging stations, and if they...
One thing, the sport is going to improve with electric bikes for sure. The tracks easily have the money to install charging stations, and if they don’t, everyone can afford an extra generator to drag around that runs on GASOLINE. I think as bikes approach 15,000$, I see the recovery happening for sure.
Looking for sponsors? How about Tesla... I don’t see Lucas, Amsoil, BelRay, or Maxima wanting to deal with any series that direction much anymore. If only 80% of solar companies didn’t go bankrupt, they would have some write offs. I’m sure FMF, Pro Circuit, Hinson, and Barnett are very excited about this direction too... maybe they can get in the battery business.
What did Villopoto say about the yz250, don’t fuck up a good thing?
If you want to improve motocross facilities start first, by finding a way to get people back to the track. I agree nice bathrooms would be sweet, but it always comes down to cost. I’m fine with it, anyway I can have fun, here in D23 we are lucky to get 200 people to show up for a race, 3-5 people in a class. I remember in 2000 we had 1400, a full Gate of 250A.. what changed starting around 2004?
D23 do you live in Minnesota ?
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/2/2020 1:14pm
One thing, the sport is going to improve with electric bikes for sure. The tracks easily have the money to install charging stations, and if they...
One thing, the sport is going to improve with electric bikes for sure. The tracks easily have the money to install charging stations, and if they don’t, everyone can afford an extra generator to drag around that runs on GASOLINE. I think as bikes approach 15,000$, I see the recovery happening for sure.
Looking for sponsors? How about Tesla... I don’t see Lucas, Amsoil, BelRay, or Maxima wanting to deal with any series that direction much anymore. If only 80% of solar companies didn’t go bankrupt, they would have some write offs. I’m sure FMF, Pro Circuit, Hinson, and Barnett are very excited about this direction too... maybe they can get in the battery business.
What did Villopoto say about the yz250, don’t fuck up a good thing?
If you want to improve motocross facilities start first, by finding a way to get people back to the track. I agree nice bathrooms would be sweet, but it always comes down to cost. I’m fine with it, anyway I can have fun, here in D23 we are lucky to get 200 people to show up for a race, 3-5 people in a class. I remember in 2000 we had 1400, a full Gate of 250A.. what changed starting around 2004?
zippytech wrote:
phones
Pretty sad... phones can take down motocross. That’s an easy excuse
If it's phones than why are, Staycycs, e-bikes , expensive mountain bikes, Hair scrambles, Side by sides.
And Wheelie boys all increasing in participation as Moto is declining?
I don't buy the phone arguments at all.
Yes people like phones but they are also looking for things to do outside the house and that consist of personal human connections. Friendships exercise and on and on.
There are a lot of issues bit phones are not one of them.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/2/2020 1:17pm
zippytech wrote:
I use to race road racing, and phones could fuck up a whole race weekend. One time we woke up race morning and the place was...
I use to race road racing, and phones could fuck up a whole race weekend. One time we woke up race morning and the place was packed. About 7:30 am guys started showing me the forecast. by 10 am over half the racers packed up and went home cause rain was coming. At 4pm I finished my last race.

We never seen a drop and the sun was out all day.. It was a great day to race but most of the racers had went home cause of a stupid smart phone.
I'm a Die hard MX fan and I was in the car Driving to the millville pro National and I Turned around and went Home because of weather predictions and how bad the news on Phone made it sound. It ended up clearing up and I wished I had gone. But it was Storming Bad where I was driving also extremely heavy rain lighting etc so I believed that it would be bad and maybe get cut short.
Deja New
1/2/2020 1:26pm
zippytech wrote:
phones
Pretty sad... phones can take down motocross. That’s an easy excuse
Tarz483 wrote:
If it's phones than why are, Staycycs, e-bikes , expensive mountain bikes, Hair scrambles, Side by sides. And Wheelie boys all increasing in participation as Moto...
If it's phones than why are, Staycycs, e-bikes , expensive mountain bikes, Hair scrambles, Side by sides.
And Wheelie boys all increasing in participation as Moto is declining?
I don't buy the phone arguments at all.
Yes people like phones but they are also looking for things to do outside the house and that consist of personal human connections. Friendships exercise and on and on.
There are a lot of issues bit phones are not one of them.
I fix phones for a living and can tell you first hand they are a problem the addiction is worse than any drug I’ve seen. I need to pry them from peoples hands to be able to fix them. I tell people come back in 1hour they are back in under 10 asking if the phone is done.
Sometimes they will come in as a group and not talk to each other but text each other while standing side by side. The phone problem is a real thing and it’s only getting worse I’ve seen studies where they have taken phones off kids and teenagers and the anxiety levels reached could cause a heart attack.
ktmdan
1/2/2020 1:33pm
Was Milam Creek the track North of Denton by the dragstrip? I chose to go to UNT based on the proximity of that track to the school and then the track closed right after I started!

There's a track in San Antonio called White Knuckle Ranch that has good amenities. Air conditioned bathrooms with sinks, parking spots with tables and awnings at each, MX and AX track. They really add to the value, unfortunately the track/dirt is not exactly my fave.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/2/2020 1:33pm
JustMX wrote:
There are no easy answers. Everybody has the "solution", but everybody else has an attempt to mimimize or discredit it. Track operators have got it tough...
There are no easy answers.

Everybody has the "solution", but everybody else has an attempt to mimimize or discredit it.

Track operators have got it tough. Even the op didn't stay in the business long.

I ran tracks from '96 until '15. I loved it, and often miss it.

Would restrooms be nice? Sure. Are they going to save the sport? I doubt it.

Look at hare scrambles. They have thrived and grown in recent years, even through the recession. Not many of them have anything better than most mx tracks.

They can also be used as an argument for the track viewing. Hare scrambles kind of suck for viewing, but consistently are much better attended than mx at all levels. Even at the national level Ironman has done better with their gncc than the mx.

The fact is that our sport is struggling, and it is because so many combined factors, more injuries, complicated bikes that are way too fast for most riders, a shrinking middle class, and so many other things competing for time and disposable income.

From the track operators side, it is an increasing hassle. More expensive all the time, and less and less of a return on investment. More liability issues and sociologocal shifts just pile on.

It will take a lot more than flushing toilets.
seems like this is something you have put a lot of thought into.
Just Curious where are you from ?
ktmdan
1/2/2020 1:50pm
I am a member at an off-road facility near Cycle Ranch. I pay around $200 a year and I get a key to the place and can come whenever and stay for as long as I want. They have tables, grill, showers, porta-johns, parking that backs up to an elevation to make it easy to unload, electric plugins, and a hose to wash the bike. I've ridden a track probably 5 times since I joined this place.
I also race the TORCS XC series where I can pay $10 at the gate, plus a $35 race fee if I preregister. I can race on a new track each month, Saturday and/or Sunday depending on my schedule. It's practically a steal. Perhaps off-road is the future...
1/2/2020 1:52pm
zippytech wrote:
I use to race road racing, and phones could fuck up a whole race weekend. One time we woke up race morning and the place was...
I use to race road racing, and phones could fuck up a whole race weekend. One time we woke up race morning and the place was packed. About 7:30 am guys started showing me the forecast. by 10 am over half the racers packed up and went home cause rain was coming. At 4pm I finished my last race.

We never seen a drop and the sun was out all day.. It was a great day to race but most of the racers had went home cause of a stupid smart phone.
Tarz483 wrote:
I'm a Die hard MX fan and I was in the car Driving to the millville pro National and I Turned around and went Home because...
I'm a Die hard MX fan and I was in the car Driving to the millville pro National and I Turned around and went Home because of weather predictions and how bad the news on Phone made it sound. It ended up clearing up and I wished I had gone. But it was Storming Bad where I was driving also extremely heavy rain lighting etc so I believed that it would be bad and maybe get cut short.
I’ve become an expert on weather radars on my phone. I generally know where the storms track in relation to my riding areas. I’ve had some great rides whilst buddies have said no way and stayed home.
They’re great tools for a desperate rider..
milamcreek
1/2/2020 2:04pm
milamcreek wrote:
Hey, if you don't mind your girlfriend (assuming you have one) going into the portal John after 30 guys with nervous stomach go drop a load...
Hey, if you don't mind your girlfriend (assuming you have one) going into the portal John after 30 guys with nervous stomach go drop a load. Then you don't have much respect for her.
Like I said I was the owner of milamceeek MX park in Denton Texas, also ran Athens MX park in Athens TX. Septic tank is 3500. Cinder block rr 8500. 12k investment. Also not singling out one thing wanting to help the sport grow new ideas and the fact that I'm getting this kind of response is exactly why it is going to fade into the sunset.
Just some words from the newly crowned Douche
Kidd wrote:
Since you are a "former" promoter/owner of mx tracks, not sure why you can't answer your own concerns. Terry Cordray, owner/operator of Village Creek is a...
Since you are a "former" promoter/owner of mx tracks, not sure why you can't answer your own concerns. Terry Cordray, owner/operator of Village Creek is a long time friend, dating back to 1970 when my dad leased Ross Down from Terry's family promoting the original Friday Night Lights! Terry has found a way to succeed on the amateur level of motocross track ownership with night racing, day racing, cross county, scramblecross for over 40 years. Terry is in the track ownership to make money...period. Terry has never rode motorcycles or raced, he chose his profession because he has a strong passion to provide one of the best tracks in Texas. I have respected and been amazed how he has succeeded this long.
I know times have changed... I know the new generation wants perfectly groomed tracks...won't race if the track is a little muddy... won't show up to a track when it's too hot or cold although the promoter is committed to hold his race... wants a class for every age & size of bike... I get it.
However when motocross was at it's peak we pissed in the front of our truck, took our girlfriends/wifes to the races with no porta potty issues, lucky to see a water truck in sight, non-stop racing all day. That's just the way it was and we loved it!
Support your local track! Enjoy what these hard working promoters have provided you. If you don't like what you see, offer your help and support.
Mike Kidd

Damn mike, it has nothing to do with village creek. I have known Terry cordray for 21 years. He is a friend. This topic was brought up in order for us to brainstorm about helping the sport into the 21st century. Brick and mortar bathrooms is just a suggestion.
Shit you all are incredible. Especially you Mike you know how to promote. It is about the spectators I don't give a shit about having to go into a porta potty I am there to ride. But if that is the best we can do for those that come out to watch and support us than we have missed the boat. Flame on.
spimx
1/2/2020 2:07pm
milamcreek wrote:
Ok so I have been thinking about ways to help our sport. First I would attack the low hanging fruit. I've been thinking about this one...
Ok so I have been thinking about ways to help our sport. First I would attack the low hanging fruit. I've been thinking about this one thing for a while.
Today out at village Creek MX ft worth TX. Although I don't mind paying 30 for organized practice I would like the facility to put the effort in.
1 no more porta potty bathroom. My wife and daughters are so much better than that. Come on how can we be taken serious when we don't even provide brick and mortar bathrooms at the local levels.
Before anyone says anything I have owned and operated my own MX facility. Yes I had porta potty. I had a women's only and two for men.
30 per rider should equal proper track maintenance, flaggers, and medic staff on site. Which village always provides.
What are some other suggestions y'all can think of.
Another thing it our attitudes it's either win or nothing, we should recognize that all participants are doing something they love, we love and treat each other with respect. At the professional level why do we only concentrate on the podium finishers. All of these guys including us lay it on the line each time we go out.
Interview 4th 5th and so on get their take on things.
Ok I will stop rambling
People like you are the problem with MX. You went riding and so far as I can tell you did not break your femur so be happy. If you have a problem with the track why don't you stay home and look at your cell phone or invest in a video game console; that might suite you better.
milamcreek
1/2/2020 2:18pm
milamcreek wrote:
Ok so I have been thinking about ways to help our sport. First I would attack the low hanging fruit. I've been thinking about this one...
Ok so I have been thinking about ways to help our sport. First I would attack the low hanging fruit. I've been thinking about this one thing for a while.
Today out at village Creek MX ft worth TX. Although I don't mind paying 30 for organized practice I would like the facility to put the effort in.
1 no more porta potty bathroom. My wife and daughters are so much better than that. Come on how can we be taken serious when we don't even provide brick and mortar bathrooms at the local levels.
Before anyone says anything I have owned and operated my own MX facility. Yes I had porta potty. I had a women's only and two for men.
30 per rider should equal proper track maintenance, flaggers, and medic staff on site. Which village always provides.
What are some other suggestions y'all can think of.
Another thing it our attitudes it's either win or nothing, we should recognize that all participants are doing something they love, we love and treat each other with respect. At the professional level why do we only concentrate on the podium finishers. All of these guys including us lay it on the line each time we go out.
Interview 4th 5th and so on get their take on things.
Ok I will stop rambling
spimx wrote:
People like you are the problem with MX. You went riding and so far as I can tell you did not break your femur so be...
People like you are the problem with MX. You went riding and so far as I can tell you did not break your femur so be happy. If you have a problem with the track why don't you stay home and look at your cell phone or invest in a video game console; that might suite you better.
You are an idiot if that is what you got out of my post. Go back and read it again. I have zero problems with any tracks I have supported our sport for fucking 50 years.
Any way just consider this my last post on here. The internet is fucked up. Once again never about specific tracks just brainstorming.
I will never be on this site again.
1/2/2020 2:41pm
Take a toy hauler to the track. Comfy AC or heat for my family. Clean restroom. Shower available after the ride. Oven and stove for cooked meals. Put in the pressure washer and a barrel of water and you can clean the bikes before you head home.

What more could one need.

Post a reply to: Bring our sport out of the stone age

The Latest