Broc Glover - Ironman MX

Anaxdlere
8/28/2017 10:28am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 1:23pm
I have had the pleasure of meeting Broc a few times over the years at different races, but this year he really reminded me of why he is such a great guy. I took my 12 year old son with me this year to his first outdoor national (and to help pit for me during the amateur races on Friday). We took a walk to vendor island to get stickers, etc. and my son grabbed a free Pirelli hat since he had left his at home. We got back to our camper and Broc was there at the edge of the track watching the pros practice. I went up to him to ask for a picture with my son and he gladly obliged, making a gaff at the Pirelli hat. I told him it was free and I didn't see a Dunlop tent since this was a Pirelli sponsored event. He said "well let me take care of that for you." He chatted with me for almost 20 minutes or so, then walked back to the pits.

About an hour later, here he comes back to the camper with a Dunlop hat to give to my son and said, "Here you go. I also got Eli Tomac, Marvin Musquin, Blake Bagget and Zach Osborne to sign it for you." I asked him would be do the honors of signing his name on it too, which he did. Such an incredible guy who went way out of his way and made a memory for my son which he will never forget.
Thanks Broc!

|
ga_pike
8/28/2017 10:41am
Awesome story. Back when he was racing, Broc was always one of the last guys to leave the pits. He took time to sign every autograph no matter how his day went.
olds cool
8/28/2017 11:08am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 11:11am
Awesome gesture by Broc. You and your kid will have that memory for the rest of your lives! Some people in this industry, say truck drivers for example, could learn a lot from your experience.
8/28/2017 11:09am
Awesome story, love hearing things like that. Broc's always seemed like such a nice guy.

The Shop

Radical
Fantasy
2321st
8/28/2017 12:03pm
That's awesome!
boston_jorj
8/28/2017 12:13pm
Very cool. Class act.
bvm111
8/28/2017 12:24pm
Awesome story, I bet your son was stoked with the hat I know I would be!

I bumped into Broc at Hangtown two years ago and he was such a nice guy and took the time to chat a bit even though he was super busy at the Dunlop truck.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
8/28/2017 12:39pm
Very cool! Kind of reminds me of the time I saw Robbie Reynard at the airport and he signed my wife's boobs.
mxb2
8/28/2017 12:42pm
Broc was very cool, talked to him for a bit. Real nice dude. A legend walking around, most don't even know who he is and his resume. Kudos to him
starchild
8/28/2017 1:03pm
Broc is a great guy and a living legend. I Was fortunate to meet him at the last foxboro supercross. All I wanted was to say hi and get a picture with him. Which he gladly did, and then he took the time to talk to me and my friend for almost a half hour about racing and so many other things, such great stories too. He is a first class act in every way and one of the great ambassadors for the sport. It's always great meeting one of your childhood heros. But even better when they exceed every expectation you ever had of them.

mxb2
8/28/2017 1:04pm
starchild wrote:
Broc is a great guy and a living legend. I Was fortunate to meet him at the last foxboro supercross. All I wanted was to say...
Broc is a great guy and a living legend. I Was fortunate to meet him at the last foxboro supercross. All I wanted was to say hi and get a picture with him. Which he gladly did, and then he took the time to talk to me and my friend for almost a half hour about racing and so many other things, such great stories too. He is a first class act in every way and one of the great ambassadors for the sport. It's always great meeting one of your childhood heros. But even better when they exceed every expectation you ever had of them.

X2, class act.
ledger
8/28/2017 1:11pm
Broc is a stand above guy, awesome that he took the time to get a hat and have it signed by the top pro's. If you don't mind....can you tell me where to get the T-shirt your son is wearing ? would be a great gift for my grandson. Anyway, props to you guy's, very cool for sure. United We Moto.
JustMX
8/28/2017 1:20pm
One of the most underrated riders.

Anybody that saw him battle bailey while riding the heavy and slower Yamaha knows he was truly a skilled racer.

It is awesome 5hat he has remained involved in the sport for all these years.
Anaxdlere
8/28/2017 1:22pm
ledger wrote:
Broc is a stand above guy, awesome that he took the time to get a hat and have it signed by the top pro's. If you...
Broc is a stand above guy, awesome that he took the time to get a hat and have it signed by the top pro's. If you don't mind....can you tell me where to get the T-shirt your son is wearing ? would be a great gift for my grandson. Anyway, props to you guy's, very cool for sure. United We Moto.
There is a shop that sets up a trailer at the events. Defiance Lifestyle. You can get them customized with name and number. I found their website, but don't see this exact shirt listed, but I am sure you could call/email and ask.

http://defiancelifestyleclothing.com/defiancellifestyle/home
dboivin
8/28/2017 1:23pm
broc's always been a classy guy. met him back in the 90's while wrenching for a local pro. super nice dude.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
8/28/2017 2:30pm
He was a great racer and one of the most stylish in JT gear.

I'm a bigger fan of his since I watched Winners Take All a few years ago finally. He played "Carl" haha
KMC440
8/28/2017 2:47pm
You know the old saying "never meet your hero's, you'll only be disappointed" ...

Props to you Broc for being the example the other "hero's" can strive to be like.

P.S. hey Broc ! one of my best moto friends is named after you. Keep it real. Wink
ledger
8/28/2017 5:00pm
ledger wrote:
Broc is a stand above guy, awesome that he took the time to get a hat and have it signed by the top pro's. If you...
Anaxdlere wrote:
There is a shop that sets up a trailer at the events. Defiance Lifestyle. You can get them customized with name and number. I found their...
There is a shop that sets up a trailer at the events. Defiance Lifestyle. You can get them customized with name and number. I found their website, but don't see this exact shirt listed, but I am sure you could call/email and ask.

http://defiancelifestyleclothing.com/defiancellifestyle/home
Thank you, much appreciated !
Sully
8/28/2017 5:59pm
I've mentioned on here before that Broc used to come into the restaurant I worked at in San Diego a few times a year. Every time he came in, he was more than happy to talk to me, and never once did he act like I was bothering him. He's an exceptionally nice guy, and a true legend of the sport.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
8/28/2017 7:17pm
Sully wrote:
I've mentioned on here before that Broc used to come into the restaurant I worked at in San Diego a few times a year. Every time...
I've mentioned on here before that Broc used to come into the restaurant I worked at in San Diego a few times a year. Every time he came in, he was more than happy to talk to me, and never once did he act like I was bothering him. He's an exceptionally nice guy, and a true legend of the sport.
Sully,

I sent you a PM.
Sully
8/28/2017 8:03pm
Sully wrote:
I've mentioned on here before that Broc used to come into the restaurant I worked at in San Diego a few times a year. Every time...
kzizok wrote:
Sully,

I sent you a PM.
Got it, and responded. We're all good. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
JM485
8/28/2017 8:26pm
That's so awesome, love seeing stuff like this. Things like that have a long lasting effect on kids, more so than most of us realize as adults I think, so that was damn cool to do.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
8/28/2017 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 8:48pm
Sully wrote:
kzizok wrote:
Sully,

I sent you a PM.
Sully wrote:
Got it, and responded. We're all good. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
No problem and good!

Cool post OP!
Micahdogg
8/29/2017 8:51am
Broc is definitely the coolest. He even gets the moto chicks!

dirtdog36
8/29/2017 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 1:39pm
man great story!!!

nice to read something other than a complaint!!!

just to bring the hat is way cool but to get the signatures is over and above...
BobbyM
8/29/2017 3:02pm
Anaxdlere wrote:
I have had the pleasure of meeting Broc a few times over the years at different races, but this year he really reminded me of why...
I have had the pleasure of meeting Broc a few times over the years at different races, but this year he really reminded me of why he is such a great guy. I took my 12 year old son with me this year to his first outdoor national (and to help pit for me during the amateur races on Friday). We took a walk to vendor island to get stickers, etc. and my son grabbed a free Pirelli hat since he had left his at home. We got back to our camper and Broc was there at the edge of the track watching the pros practice. I went up to him to ask for a picture with my son and he gladly obliged, making a gaff at the Pirelli hat. I told him it was free and I didn't see a Dunlop tent since this was a Pirelli sponsored event. He said "well let me take care of that for you." He chatted with me for almost 20 minutes or so, then walked back to the pits.

About an hour later, here he comes back to the camper with a Dunlop hat to give to my son and said, "Here you go. I also got Eli Tomac, Marvin Musquin, Blake Bagget and Zach Osborne to sign it for you." I asked him would be do the honors of signing his name on it too, which he did. Such an incredible guy who went way out of his way and made a memory for my son which he will never forget.
Thanks Broc!

Sumbitch could ride scooter no doubt. Great style on the bike too
Ozy
8/29/2017 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 6:46pm
It has been my opinion that Broc has always been a solid citizen and down to earth individual, I talked to him at races in the 70's and early 80's and he seem very un-affected by his factory rides and championships.

I absolutely loved reading this story about Broc's gift to your son!
Coyote
8/29/2017 8:51pm
Nice!
still can't putt though!!
Ted722
9/1/2017 10:06am
That's cool. He's one of those riders I seem to appreciate more and more as time goes on.

Learned some more about him too in this RacerX article.

Post a reply to: Broc Glover - Ironman MX

The Latest