Broc Tickle discusses his future

Jisola275
5/16/2018 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 9:03pm
Sorry, not sure how to embed this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KBMcqre2Sco
|
Fourth_Floor
5/16/2018 10:06pm
When news first broke of this, I just figured he knowingly took something and got caught. After seeing this interview I'm convinced that he truly has no idea how that stuff got into his system. I hope he gets to the bottom of it and receives a light penalty, if any.

If he does go to race in Canada, is the Alta allowed to race there??
bvm111
5/16/2018 10:12pm
That whole deal just sucks... really bummed for him
tek14
5/16/2018 10:13pm
When news first broke of this, I just figured he knowingly took something and got caught. After seeing this interview I'm convinced that he truly has...
When news first broke of this, I just figured he knowingly took something and got caught. After seeing this interview I'm convinced that he truly has no idea how that stuff got into his system. I hope he gets to the bottom of it and receives a light penalty, if any.

Have you seen anyone who took Doping to tell it afterwards? Even Amstrong denied it for years and so do everyone else. After looking what people have got about this its more likely 6-12 months than 2-4 years what has been said on first place. He can argue and talk "honest" as long as he wants but both A and B samples shown he was using and not will get penalty like many others.

The Shop

KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
5/16/2018 10:26pm
When news first broke of this, I just figured he knowingly took something and got caught. After seeing this interview I'm convinced that he truly has...

tek14 wrote:
Have you seen anyone who took Doping to tell it afterwards? Even Amstrong denied it for years and so do everyone else. After looking what people...
Have you seen anyone who took Doping to tell it afterwards? Even Amstrong denied it for years and so do everyone else. After looking what people have got about this its more likely 6-12 months than 2-4 years what has been said on first place. He can argue and talk "honest" as long as he wants but both A and B samples shown he was using and not will get penalty like many others.
The A and B sample are the same sample split into 2 containers. And tested at Different times to eliminate lab contamination mistakes. He didn’t take 2 separate tests.

But he still failed the A test and the B sample confirmed the A test failure. So it got in his system somehow. Either on purpose or on accident. There’s only 2 options.
tek14
5/16/2018 10:38pm
Betuel wrote:
While I feel bad for his ridiculous punishment time, I’m reminded of this Lance Armstrong Vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJmYmasQhc&feature=share [img]https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc Not sure how to embed.
While I feel bad for his ridiculous punishment time, I’m reminded of this Lance Armstrong Vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJmYmasQhc&feature=share

[img]https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc

Not sure how to embed.
Lance Armstrong told 10 years he didnt take anything...

https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc
yz133rider
5/16/2018 11:05pm
Betuel wrote:
While I feel bad for his ridiculous punishment time, I’m reminded of this Lance Armstrong Vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJmYmasQhc&feature=share [img]https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc Not sure how to embed.
While I feel bad for his ridiculous punishment time, I’m reminded of this Lance Armstrong Vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJmYmasQhc&feature=share

[img]https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc

Not sure how to embed.
Great that sent me on a 45 minute youtube trip lol
Tumblin
5/16/2018 11:37pm
tek14 wrote:
Have you seen anyone who took Doping to tell it afterwards? Even Amstrong denied it for years and so do everyone else. After looking what people...
So Armstrong lied to protect his legacy and his wealth. Great point, teky.Whistling

But did you not listen to anything Broc said?
Did you not pick up on the calm resolve and lack of bitterness that came straight from his mouth from just earlier today?

What I got out of it is he knows it somehow got into his system. He also understands there isn't a performance benefit from the chemical for our sport either as it restricts blood flow. He's always worked his ass off and has always shown up ready to race when not hindered with injuries.

Broc is standing and talking straight and open. He's approaching it with the confidence that a true work driven moto master with his intellect and experience can and should do. Without an entourage but with the same methodical determination that he climbed way over yours and my own accomplishments - he will master this nasty new section, as he had since he discovered moto. Just as he had from rookie to SX Champ, then to the premier series, to a new team, through another injury, fending off and rising to the challenge new competition. He will seek answers to this quagmire and will relentlessly commit all of his wherewithal with hard, thought out works and the truth to deal with this ruling to get an actual fair resolution.

Broc is a doer, he's not making excuses. He knows it got in him, but still doesn't know how or from where. He also knows the penalty doesn't serve our sport and he's going to til it deep and our sport will be in a much better place and other careers and mistakes can be made right.

When Broc's works come to fruition I hope that resolve brings him security, respect, admiration, podiums and most important of all - notoriety for pushing our sport to a better place.
kkawboy14
5/17/2018 2:42am

1) he knows exactly what he takes as supplements week in and week out, even what he took 3 months ago.
2) publish the list, and we can track it down for him for free. Vital has some of the most outstandable detectives.
5/17/2018 5:38am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 5:41am
I'm still in the camp for giving a light and simple penalty. Research how long the substance takes to leave the system. Suspend him for that long. Don't let him race again until a new test is passed. Then, for whatever the probation period would be, test him regularly. If a negative result happens at any time throw the book at him.
billyp330
5/17/2018 5:41am
How could racing in Canada effect his suspension in any way? They are not FIM nor AMA affiliated and he will be suspended from FIM (and AMA since they honor WADA regulations) sanctioned races dating from his last FIM/AMA race from what they stated in the video. Initiating his suspension based on a Canadian race would be equivalent to starting his suspension based on the last date he went out for a practice day. Am I missing something?
billyp330
5/17/2018 6:20am
I'm still in the camp for giving a light and simple penalty. Research how long the substance takes to leave the system. Suspend him for that...
I'm still in the camp for giving a light and simple penalty. Research how long the substance takes to leave the system. Suspend him for that long. Don't let him race again until a new test is passed. Then, for whatever the probation period would be, test him regularly. If a negative result happens at any time throw the book at him.
I agree. With so many variations of compounds and names for these substances that really don't have 100% proof they even would be beneficial for a racer to consume, it just doesn't make any sense at all to punish him anymore then just slap on the wrist and a probation period.
billyp330
5/17/2018 6:30am
I hope that was written before the recent video was released as in the video Broc states he tested Bakers supplement and it came back clean. He also states that he doesn't feel wronged by KTM in any way and expected his termination when he received his B sample results.

I also feel like KTM should stick with him, however I'd imagine his contract wasn't getting renewed regardless of this whole ordeal so why would they keep him now that he is suspended?
DonM
5/17/2018 6:31am
Good article Chris but there are some assumptions and falsehoods in it. First you're assuming that the tainted supplement was supplied by Aldon and not something that Broc mistakenly took on his own. Broc even states in his interview that he had the supplements tested that were supplied by Aldon and they came back negative, he has zero reason to protect KTM or Aldon...he knows it's on him.
Unfortunately it's in the KTM contracts (from Austria) of what happens when a rider tests positive in a drug test, so I wouldn't call that the easy way out. All of Aldon's riders have been tested throughout the season and one is on the list to be on call for random tests for the year...they all have been tested clean on multiple occasions.
It's really unfortunate with what's happened to Broc...it's actually unfair...I hope he is successful in arguing his case so a precedent can be set for future penalties in MX/SX that makes more sense in terms of the average career span for racers.
5/17/2018 6:33am
billyp330 wrote:
I hope that was written before the recent video was released as in the video Broc states he tested Bakers supplement and it came back clean...
I hope that was written before the recent video was released as in the video Broc states he tested Bakers supplement and it came back clean. He also states that he doesn't feel wronged by KTM in any way and expected his termination when he received his B sample results.

I also feel like KTM should stick with him, however I'd imagine his contract wasn't getting renewed regardless of this whole ordeal so why would they keep him now that he is suspended?
It was, but there are more supplements to be tested. He won’t say it for PR reasons but KTM is taking the chickenshit route. Hats off to Alpinestars for supporting Broc through the entire process.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
5/17/2018 6:46am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 6:47am
Some of you guys are funny. Broc taking a supplement with benefits that are incremental at best and comparing it to lance Armstrong blood doping with 15% or more advantage is just stupid. Even if broc knowingly took this substance it is in no way comparable to narcotic steroids or blood doping.
5/17/2018 6:48am
DonM wrote:
Good article Chris but there are some assumptions and falsehoods in it. First you're assuming that the tainted supplement was supplied by Aldon and not something...
Good article Chris but there are some assumptions and falsehoods in it. First you're assuming that the tainted supplement was supplied by Aldon and not something that Broc mistakenly took on his own. Broc even states in his interview that he had the supplements tested that were supplied by Aldon and they came back negative, he has zero reason to protect KTM or Aldon...he knows it's on him.
Unfortunately it's in the KTM contracts (from Austria) of what happens when a rider tests positive in a drug test, so I wouldn't call that the easy way out. All of Aldon's riders have been tested throughout the season and one is on the list to be on call for random tests for the year...they all have been tested clean on multiple occasions.
It's really unfortunate with what's happened to Broc...it's actually unfair...I hope he is successful in arguing his case so a precedent can be set for future penalties in MX/SX that makes more sense in terms of the average career span for racers.
Tickle and Marvin are the only Baker guys that have been tested. Anderson, Nope and 250 Supercross riders are NOT subject to tests.
tingo
5/17/2018 6:50am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 6:55am
Tumblin wrote:
So Armstrong lied to protect his legacy and his wealth. Great point, teky.:whistle: But did you not listen to anything Broc said? Did you not pick...
So Armstrong lied to protect his legacy and his wealth. Great point, teky.Whistling

But did you not listen to anything Broc said?
Did you not pick up on the calm resolve and lack of bitterness that came straight from his mouth from just earlier today?

What I got out of it is he knows it somehow got into his system. He also understands there isn't a performance benefit from the chemical for our sport either as it restricts blood flow. He's always worked his ass off and has always shown up ready to race when not hindered with injuries.

Broc is standing and talking straight and open. He's approaching it with the confidence that a true work driven moto master with his intellect and experience can and should do. Without an entourage but with the same methodical determination that he climbed way over yours and my own accomplishments - he will master this nasty new section, as he had since he discovered moto. Just as he had from rookie to SX Champ, then to the premier series, to a new team, through another injury, fending off and rising to the challenge new competition. He will seek answers to this quagmire and will relentlessly commit all of his wherewithal with hard, thought out works and the truth to deal with this ruling to get an actual fair resolution.

Broc is a doer, he's not making excuses. He knows it got in him, but still doesn't know how or from where. He also knows the penalty doesn't serve our sport and he's going to til it deep and our sport will be in a much better place and other careers and mistakes can be made right.

When Broc's works come to fruition I hope that resolve brings him security, respect, admiration, podiums and most important of all - notoriety for pushing our sport to a better place.
You lost me at "actual fair resolution." This is WADA we're talking about. They are only "fair" in the sense that their suspensions are pretty consistent in terms of duration. Looks like most of us agree that four years isn't exactly fair. Hopefully, Broc's appeals process is 1. timely, and 2. results in something more reasonable.
billyp330
5/17/2018 6:52am
billyp330 wrote:
I hope that was written before the recent video was released as in the video Broc states he tested Bakers supplement and it came back clean...

It was, but there are more supplements to be tested. He won’t say it for PR reasons but KTM is taking the chickenshit route. Hats off...
It was, but there are more supplements to be tested. He won’t say it for PR reasons but KTM is taking the chickenshit route. Hats off to Alpinestars for supporting Broc through the entire process.
You know for a fact that he has more supplements to test or he is waiting for test results to come back? Doesn't make sense to me that he would wait to test everything and seems he should have all test results back by now since he said he had the one result and makes no mention of waiting for others. Also, really don't see the point of being PR with KTM if he felt they screwed him when he really doesnt have anything more to lose from them at this point.

I do see your point in being a bit upset that KTM kind of just bailed on him. But, again if they all ready decided to not keep him before all this happened then I don't blame them for just getting it over with now that they easily can. I don't see any upside in them sticking with a guy they planned on getting rid of anyway to hire someone new, just for the fact that he his now unable to race due to a failed drug test. If they were trying to protect Baker, it would seem they would keep Broc, in order to give him incentive to not tattle...
BobKerr
5/17/2018 6:52am
I watched the whole thing. I believe he is innocent (substance consumed accidentally). He is definitely handling the whole situation VERY professionally.

I hope he goes to Canada and has great success.
akillerwombat
5/17/2018 6:55am
This is an area I'm very unfamiliar with, but, being that this substance is found in geranium oil (IE lotions designed to be absorbed by the skin) is it possible that he could have shook someone's hands in the autograph lines and absorbed it via that?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/17/2018 6:56am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 7:02am
DonM wrote:
Good article Chris but there are some assumptions and falsehoods in it. First you're assuming that the tainted supplement was supplied by Aldon and not something...
Tickle and Marvin are the only Baker guys that have been tested. Anderson, Nope and 250 Supercross riders are NOT subject to tests.
Incorrect, Anderson has been tested this season through the where-abouts program in an out of competition test.
twotwosix
5/17/2018 6:56am
You know how easy it would be for him to use a shaker bottle or water bottle that wasn’t ran through a dish washer? This is just too much. An infraction like this for a first time offender should be a 6 race suspension, (enough to ruin a championship run) with a severe escalation on future penalties #2 and #3. #3 should see you mis a year (or more depending on whether it’s a recreational infraction or a serious doping infraction).

Pardon my language, but this system fucked James Stewart out of our sport and now it’s going to do the same to Broc Tickle too. James had a prescription for a stimulant and Broc accidentally took a supplement containing a stimulant. First time offenders who have stimulants in their urine tests do not deserve multiple year bans. Throw the book at 2nd time offenders of basic infractions for al I care, but not on the 1st time of sch a basic offense.

Failures for EPO, HGH, abnormal epi-testosterone levels, etc, those deserve a 12 month ban for first time offenders, sure. 36 for second time, life for 3rd time.

@DC @GuyB @ML
Tell me why that we can’t self govern SX/MX in this way. I hate the way it is now.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/17/2018 7:00am
billyp330 wrote:

It was, but there are more supplements to be tested. He won’t say it for PR reasons but KTM is taking the chickenshit route. Hats off...
Pretty much every team has a similar contract and there’s currently another rider who got booted from his team for a failed test...which I’m guesisng should come up soon enough.

KTM faces a problem with sponsors, many could sue due to parts of their contracts that cover riders and illegal substance use. Brands like Red Bull won’t touch professional road cycling due to not wanting any relation to this. In cycling, most teams drop a rider that tests positive as it can get them fined by sponsors or even have them bail entirely. It’s corporate policy and it’s in Broc’s contract, that’s why Broc mentions knowing what the outcome would be.
kwhite199
5/17/2018 7:08am
It's pretty simple in my mind actually. The system, whether we like it, love it, or totally despise it, is what is currently in place. What did his contract say regarding failed drug tests? Did he sign it? What did the drug tests say? From that perspective, it all seems fairly cut and dried. As long as this is the system we have, this is the way it is going to work. If this isn't the outcome everyone wants, then change the system. If enough people stand up, including the industry players, I'm sure things can be changed.
agn5009
5/17/2018 7:12am
DonM wrote:
Anything you say from this point should be totally discredited. It's pretty obvious you know absolutely nothing factual since literally everything you've said here is incorrect.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/17/2018 7:19am
Go enjoy Canada, Broc.
bowser977
5/17/2018 7:34am
People just cannot accept he failed a drug test. Has anyone else failed this year? No. Many were tested also. He didn't eat ice cream one night and fail a drug test. Grinning

Post a reply to: Broc Tickle discusses his future

The Latest