Budds Creek (first timer)

pmshortt2
8/1/2017 7:59am
What's up guys, I'm going to my first MX national August 19th. Got my girl Baltimore oriole tickets for that Saturday night at 7pm and didn't realize the race was that Saturday...sooo we are gonna go to the race first and then then ball game.

Since it's my first National, I'm pretty clueless on what I need to bring and what I cannot bring. I'm 21 years old. Anyone care to inform me and give me some tips on what to bring, where to sit, what not to bring, and the "do nots" so that I don't accidently piss someone off or something lol. Thanks.
|
Carp824
8/1/2017 8:32am
Arrive early so you can watch practice. I usually get there around 7:30 a.m. Bring some chairs and a cooler and find yourselves a spot on the hill under the trees. Can see great from here.

Walk around and see different parts of the track. If you want to meet some riders buy a $20 pit pass. Most riders sign autographs that morning before the race. You can pay $50 and get an all day pass.

Bring some suntan lotion, plenty to drink and eat. No glass bottles.

You will have a good time. Never had a bad experience at a pro national.
PRM31
8/1/2017 8:58am
As for Budds, there are countless great places to sit. It will be obvious once you're there. You can easily walk around from spot to spot on the inside of the track too. If you're early enough, you can park on private property across from track. $15-$20??? Those residents make a killing every year. It's so convenient I'm more than happy to pay them. Bring a chair and cooler and set up camp wherever you like and then wander from there. Shade is nice on the hot days. Burgers and dogs really aren't too expensive so I just bring drinks and snacks. Have a great time!

Pretty good hike to get to Baltimore afterwards. I'd bring a change of clothes to get out of dusty, sweaty MX clothes.
ruskymx
8/1/2017 9:15am
Budd's is one of the better tracks for spectating that I have been at. I will echo what was stated above. Sunscreen and lots of water or beverage of choice. No glass bottles. They will check your coolers and backpacks/bags My group will set up a "base camp" and then wander around from there. I'll walk around more than my friends but it's just to get pictures from different parts of the track.
GregDVT
8/1/2017 9:19am
My favorite place to spectate is the bottom on Mt Henry, they usually have the podium set up close to there so right after the second motos you can get a champagne shower.

The Shop

Naanak
8/1/2017 5:34pm
Don't jump in the dirty pond in the middle of the track. Other then that parking can be hard but as said above the neighbors have parking.
Justin345
8/1/2017 6:03pm
If you're going to bring chairs, bring a small garden hand shovel or claw hammer to dig out small holes for the back 2 legs of the chair when you're sitting on the hill. Have fun, budds is a great track and excellent views can be had in a lot of places.
greenmx5
8/1/2017 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2017 6:53pm
Every year I sit on the hill directly across from Henry hill. Bring a small garden pic to dig holes in the hill so you can level out whatever chairs you bring. And cover the holes back up before you leave!(common courtesy)
Semi-Pro
8/1/2017 7:37pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
What's up guys, I'm going to my first MX national August 19th. Got my girl Baltimore oriole tickets for that Saturday night at 7pm and didn't...
What's up guys, I'm going to my first MX national August 19th. Got my girl Baltimore oriole tickets for that Saturday night at 7pm and didn't realize the race was that Saturday...sooo we are gonna go to the race first and then then ball game.

Since it's my first National, I'm pretty clueless on what I need to bring and what I cannot bring. I'm 21 years old. Anyone care to inform me and give me some tips on what to bring, where to sit, what not to bring, and the "do nots" so that I don't accidently piss someone off or something lol. Thanks.
I never really bring much. I didn't bring chairs because I didn't feel like lugging them around, besides the fact that I spend pretty much the whole day walking around. Brought a backpack for water and sunscreen or whatever. I was fine with sitting in the dirt when I did sit.

Chairs are a good idea if you choose to sit in one place the whole time. You'll find that getting into the baseball stadium is a lot more difficult, honestly getting into the track is pretty common sense. Don't bring anything you wouldn't to school or work I guess.

The motos go into mid-late afternoon (well before 7), so expect a long day. A lot of people leave during the 2nd 250 moto. It's a super cool experience, just make the most out of it.
cousinskeet
8/1/2017 8:18pm
Learn the back way out. Taking 301 to 234 is a cop haven traffic jam waiting to happen. Plus you'll have plenty of lights as u go thru Waldorf and laplata. Most regulars take route 5 in. Be wary of the Amish on horse and buggy. Have a good time.
cousinskeet
8/1/2017 8:28pm
Also bring a cooler with wheels. Because if u don't get one of those close spaces you are in for a walk. And as mentioned above bring plenty to drink. August at budds is hot and very humid. Think he'll in the summer. And you are sitting in a bowl with very little air circulating.
pmshortt2
8/2/2017 5:46am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 5:47am
Thanks for all the tips and advice guys. I'll probably end up having to leave a little early to get to Baltimore a little before 7, but either way I'll still have a blast!

I'll make sure to get there early and try to get some "local parking" for $15-$20 Cool bring 2 chairs, a garden pick, cooler with beer and water, and a redbull or 2 lol. Cool oh and some snacks. And will definitely bring some a bottle of sunscreen!

From what you guys are saying, I think I'll probably have the most interest in setting my chairs and cooler up on "the hill." Then walk around when we want to see other parts of the track. Should be a pretty epic experience. Thanks again guys! Smile Hope to see The Leopard Seal and ET3 battle it out! Grinning
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
8/2/2017 9:49am
I've had the best time when I got a pit pass and walked around the entire time watching from all angles. Came across eli tomacs dad, nice dude, took photos with the nitro circus guys parting, cooler full of beer and water. Great time..

I normally like to watch from the corner heading up to the "big gulp" jump if I do stay in one place.

I give up on shade and sitting in one place, you are 21, get on the move. Oh yeah, defiantly watch a start from the fence when they come through the rollers headed towards the finish line, then walk around the track the direction of the track from there.

Budds is great, have fun!

Post a reply to: Budds Creek (first timer)

The Latest