Bummed that Tom Morgan got left out in the March MXA KX125 Feature???

RCN4HIM
The feature on Carson Brown's Sic Dream Race winning KX125 was done well with close ups of the engine and you can clearly see "TMR" engraved with Tom's serial numbers on cylinder and cases... Wonder why one of the greatest factory Kawasaki engineer/mechanics (especially during the 2 stroke era) would get no love, no mention on the build? Tom has done some incredible work on a couple of our 125's and I have never met a nicer guy in the sport!!!
|
H4L
2/16/2018 6:57pm
TMR does some good work & is a reputable tuner. I haven't personally used him, but know a couple guys who used him a few yrs. back with good results.
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
2/16/2018 7:16pm
RCN4HIM wrote:
The feature on Carson Brown's Sic Dream Race winning KX125 was done well with close ups of the engine and you can clearly see "TMR" engraved...
The feature on Carson Brown's Sic Dream Race winning KX125 was done well with close ups of the engine and you can clearly see "TMR" engraved with Tom's serial numbers on cylinder and cases... Wonder why one of the greatest factory Kawasaki engineer/mechanics (especially during the 2 stroke era) would get no love, no mention on the build? Tom has done some incredible work on a couple of our 125's and I have never met a nicer guy in the sport!!!
"Tom has done some incredible work on a couple of our 125's and I have never met a nicer guy in the sport!!!"

Maybe you are a little too close to that situation.......

I have seen his name in MXA dozens of times. Cool
jeffro503
2/16/2018 7:19pm
Sheriff245 wrote:
Because he didn’t pay to have his name mentioned?
He kinda " did pay "......when he builds the engines for some of these guys. He probably paid in labor , and not cash.

For what it's worth......Tom built a few of my kawi's back in the mid and late 90's. They were the strongest built bike on the damn gate. If I got off the line even with everyone....I could be 3 bike length's ahead before the first turn. Rip your damn arm's out of the socket type power. Gawd dang those bikes ripped!

The Shop

Billet526
2/16/2018 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2018 7:25pm
I have an MXA magazine bike, a YZ 125, and MXA had no issues mentioning Toms work. Tom also built my other 125 and both motors are just killer. Hes one of the best, we need more people like him in the industry. Matter of fact, I was just thinking this week that I need to send my 250 cylinder off to him...
2/16/2018 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2018 7:26pm
Tom Morgan is indeed one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met in the sport.
chuckie108
2/16/2018 10:30pm
Probably didn't get mentioned because he doesn't work for PC.
RCN4HIM
2/17/2018 3:51am
chuckie108 wrote:
Probably have a winner here...!
RCN4HIM
2/17/2018 4:00am
RCN4HIM wrote:
The feature on Carson Brown's Sic Dream Race winning KX125 was done well with close ups of the engine and you can clearly see "TMR" engraved...
OW38B wrote:
[i]"Tom has done some incredible work on a couple of our 125's and I have never met a nicer guy in the sport!!!"[/i] Maybe you are...
"Tom has done some incredible work on a couple of our 125's and I have never met a nicer guy in the sport!!!"

Maybe you are a little too close to that situation.......

I have seen his name in MXA dozens of times. Cool
As have I... But this article in the March 18 issue, especially since the bike is a KX, leaves me scratching my head? Never have I read a story in any magazine of a bike build on this level, in depth, that leaves out the engine builder???
Uncle Tony
2/17/2018 5:43am
chuckie108 wrote:
RCN4HIM wrote:
Probably have a winner here...!
Yup a winner
omalley
2/17/2018 1:57pm
I was going to go with PC on my CR250 (‘02) head/cylinder. For a number of reasons I changed my mind. I went looking for another option and arrived at Tom. I am glad I did. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, spending a bunch of time not only discussing his services, but my particular combination of parts, what helped vs what was actually hurting what I was trying to get from the engine, etc.
I should get my stuff back this week, can’t wait to try it.
RCN4HIM
2/17/2018 4:38pm
omalley wrote:
I was going to go with PC on my CR250 (‘02) head/cylinder. For a number of reasons I changed my mind. I went looking for another...
I was going to go with PC on my CR250 (‘02) head/cylinder. For a number of reasons I changed my mind. I went looking for another option and arrived at Tom. I am glad I did. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, spending a bunch of time not only discussing his services, but my particular combination of parts, what helped vs what was actually hurting what I was trying to get from the engine, etc.
I should get my stuff back this week, can’t wait to try it.
Great News... I had a few nightmares with other builders and everybody that I have reffered to him have had the same great experiences that I have. There is a Racer X podcast interview of Tom and his career by Steve Matthes that is a great listen if your looking to relive a little SX/MX history!

Post a reply to: Bummed that Tom Morgan got left out in the March MXA KX125 Feature???

The Latest