Buyers beware

Stuntman949
4/4/2019 12:52pm
cody341 wrote:
Woah guys before anything get outa hand. I sold the guy a set of used a kit that was just serviced by jake at factory connection...
Woah guys before anything get outa hand. I sold the guy a set of used a kit that was just serviced by jake at factory connection in oregon and had about an hour on it. I spent 1300 bucks with them to have everything replaced and set up. I live in Oregon and not posing as anything. This guy bought this set in December. It’s April. It’s used I never claimed it to be perfect but it had an hour on it since servicing. I’ll post receipts. He’s just randomly hit me up this morning freaking out. I’ll post pics Of the invoices. Everyone calm down. Idk what this guys problem is. Here is exactly how it was posted and sold. He talked to jake at FC before I sold it too him. He knew what he was buying.

ha
Your address is still in the pictures if you want to change that up, just fyi. Also, how much for the snowman
cody341
4/4/2019 1:03pm
cody341 wrote:
Woah guys before anything get outa hand. I sold the guy a set of used a kit that was just serviced by jake at factory connection...
Woah guys before anything get outa hand. I sold the guy a set of used a kit that was just serviced by jake at factory connection in oregon and had about an hour on it. I spent 1300 bucks with them to have everything replaced and set up. I live in Oregon and not posing as anything. This guy bought this set in December. It’s April. It’s used I never claimed it to be perfect but it had an hour on it since servicing. I’ll post receipts. He’s just randomly hit me up this morning freaking out. I’ll post pics Of the invoices. Everyone calm down. Idk what this guys problem is. Here is exactly how it was posted and sold. He talked to jake at FC before I sold it too him. He knew what he was buying.

ha
Your address is still in the pictures if you want to change that up, just fyi. Also, how much for the snowman
Old address moved already
wsmille2
4/4/2019 1:06pm
BobKerr wrote:
If there was no bubble wrap or protection around the forks in the box that they were packed in, then the damage to the lower sliders...
If there was no bubble wrap or protection around the forks in the box that they were packed in, then the damage to the lower sliders probably happened during shipping from them banging against each other.
Wonder if the buyer filed an insurance claim with the shipping company if the contents were all damaged? Surely you dont buy suspension without paying extra for insurance.

The Shop

wolf918
4/4/2019 1:13pm
Why do the lugs not match in the different pics and i only see xtrigs on a Yamaha. Are they interchangeable?
Patsy154
4/4/2019 1:13pm
Cokeham23 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/04/336219/s1200_0AF9B3A9_004E_40C5_9F2A_FA2A961EF5A3.jpg[/img]

???????
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
4/4/2019 1:21pm
that shit looked roached from the get go...
4/4/2019 1:25pm
BobKerr wrote:
If there was no bubble wrap or protection around the forks in the box that they were packed in, then the damage to the lower sliders...
If there was no bubble wrap or protection around the forks in the box that they were packed in, then the damage to the lower sliders probably happened during shipping from them banging against each other.
wsmille2 wrote:
Wonder if the buyer filed an insurance claim with the shipping company if the contents were all damaged? Surely you dont buy suspension without paying extra...
Wonder if the buyer filed an insurance claim with the shipping company if the contents were all damaged? Surely you dont buy suspension without paying extra for insurance.
He wrote a nasty note on the UPS forum
memphis422
4/4/2019 1:36pm
newmann wrote:
Did anyone call off all the Vitard Army heading to the DFW to beat the shit out of the pressure wash guy?

Completely unaware of the Vital member storm in route....

4/4/2019 2:45pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
This!.
JBernard_401
4/4/2019 2:49pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
#76 wrote:
This!.
You guys must not understand how easy Kashima flakes off on fork tubes. Thats some light-medium use. Shock shaft looks not worn out, and only a few knicks on fork lowers that have been polished out not to grab the seal. Used? hell yes. Beat? not at all, especially if he has proof of all internals being new, things are GTG.
4/4/2019 3:01pm
newmann wrote:
Did anyone call off all the Vitard Army heading to the DFW to beat the shit out of the pressure wash guy?
memphis422 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/04/336250/s1200_Pressure_Washing_451_x_300.jpg[/img] Completely unaware of the Vital member storm in route.... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/04/04/336253/s1200_speeding_van_detail.jpg[/img]

Completely unaware of the Vital member storm in route....

Laughing
TeamGreen
4/4/2019 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 3:15pm
cody341 wrote:
And please follow me on insta I could use the followers. I made my account private bc I work in the Cannabis industry. This guys a...
And please follow me on insta I could use the followers. I made my account private bc I work in the Cannabis industry. This guys a clown
Dude!

This guy is owed Factory Fresh Suspension!

Didn't you read his post?

Laughing

Note: the suspension he got looks exactly like the stuff in Cody's pictures, to me. Those wear marks on the shock look exactly like what I got on a VERY WELL maintained '17 RMZ.
4/4/2019 3:21pm
Sure just reach over and grab from the bucket on my lap. FYI there's a good sized hole in the bottom of the bucket
Thanks for the offer, but I lost my appetite.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
4/4/2019 3:59pm
But did you talk to Jake, at State Farm?
dynex987
4/4/2019 4:04pm
When you pay used prices but want that amazon service lmao
aeffertz
4/4/2019 4:04pm
Dear UPS,

You delivered something to me one year ago and I am not happy. I will be posting your name and number to Vital MX. Good luck. ?

sincerely,

Fuh Cue
MOTO732
4/4/2019 4:12pm
How many of you would actually buy what was pictured for the same price? Supposed delivery problems aside. Just based on the sellers original pics.
jeffro503
4/4/2019 4:13pm
Hmm? Seems this thread turned about 180 degree's from where I thought it was going. From what I have seen and read , was that Patsy bought a pretty well used set of A-kit , for a pretty cheap price and Cody even had them serviced " before " he sent them out. And Jake up here at FC knows his shit extremely well , and if he said that stuff was ok.....then that is all I need to know.

2 questions :

1.) How could you buy a set of A-kit , let it sit for 4 months , have a seal leak and then complain?

2.) Why would Jake at FC here , have a completely different point of view on that suspension from 4 months ago , compared to what the other FC shop is seeing now?

They seemed to of been in good shape 4 months ago , but now they are trashed? I smell some bullshit going on.
4/4/2019 4:22pm
aeffertz wrote:
Dear UPS, You delivered something to me one year ago and I am not happy. I will be posting your name and number to Vital MX...
Dear UPS,

You delivered something to me one year ago and I am not happy. I will be posting your name and number to Vital MX. Good luck. ?

sincerely,

Fuh Cue
I laughed out loud at Fuh Que
milliebays
4/4/2019 4:34pm
price looks pretty damn fair. not sure he has room to complain.
cody41
4/4/2019 4:43pm
This is why you buy brand new.
MOTO732
4/4/2019 5:07pm
How much does it cost to recoat the forks? Is this even feesible??
Patsy154
4/4/2019 5:08pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hmm? Seems this thread turned about 180 degree's from where I thought it was going. From what I have seen and read , was that Patsy...
Hmm? Seems this thread turned about 180 degree's from where I thought it was going. From what I have seen and read , was that Patsy bought a pretty well used set of A-kit , for a pretty cheap price and Cody even had them serviced " before " he sent them out. And Jake up here at FC knows his shit extremely well , and if he said that stuff was ok.....then that is all I need to know.

2 questions :

1.) How could you buy a set of A-kit , let it sit for 4 months , have a seal leak and then complain?

2.) Why would Jake at FC here , have a completely different point of view on that suspension from 4 months ago , compared to what the other FC shop is seeing now?

They seemed to of been in good shape 4 months ago , but now they are trashed? I smell some bullshit going on.
So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride time on them until recently.

When i called FC directed by cody prior to pruchase. I had asked if the stuff was in good condition, if he had it serviced recently and was told yes and it was in good condition. Nothing was mentioned to me from cody nor FC that there were blemishes/scratches/scuffs in the coating on the lower fork tubes and that the coating on the shock was completely worn, and everyone is forgetting i got a set of clamps that are completely unusable without the right parts for the right bike.

So everyone is bashing on me here but what really happened is i got the suspension, hit cody up and told him the lowers were hammered, he didn’t answer, i deal with it and put the stuff on my bike to find out the stem on the clamp is incorrect or needs other hardware not provided bu the seller, after installing it i test rode ONE HOUR, the rear feels soft and there is a slight leak in the forks so i send them to FC to get them fixed and deal with it. When i found out i would need a new set if lower tubes at $900 per tube plus install and also new coating on my shock my jaw dropped and i then created this thread. Up until i found out i had to spend an additional 2k+ in parts i was going to pay for the revalve and freshup, chalk it the fuck up and deal with it but instead i figured id let everyone here know what im dealing with since the price of this suspension doubled. Instead i get bashed lol this is a good community.
dmm698
4/4/2019 5:18pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hmm? Seems this thread turned about 180 degree's from where I thought it was going. From what I have seen and read , was that Patsy...

2 questions :

Patsy154 wrote:
So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride...
So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride time on them until recently.

When i called FC directed by cody prior to pruchase. I had asked if the stuff was in good condition, if he had it serviced recently and was told yes and it was in good condition. Nothing was mentioned to me from cody nor FC that there were blemishes/scratches/scuffs in the coating on the lower fork tubes and that the coating on the shock was completely worn, and everyone is forgetting i got a set of clamps that are completely unusable without the right parts for the right bike.

So everyone is bashing on me here but what really happened is i got the suspension, hit cody up and told him the lowers were hammered, he didn’t answer, i deal with it and put the stuff on my bike to find out the stem on the clamp is incorrect or needs other hardware not provided bu the seller, after installing it i test rode ONE HOUR, the rear feels soft and there is a slight leak in the forks so i send them to FC to get them fixed and deal with it. When i found out i would need a new set if lower tubes at $900 per tube plus install and also new coating on my shock my jaw dropped and i then created this thread. Up until i found out i had to spend an additional 2k+ in parts i was going to pay for the revalve and freshup, chalk it the fuck up and deal with it but instead i figured id let everyone here know what im dealing with since the price of this suspension doubled. Instead i get bashed lol this is a good community.
Regardless, factory connection is absolutely raping you at 900$ per tube. I originally thought this post was in reference to an a kit I had, and sold to Cody.

The Kashima wear on the shock res is beyond normal. If the shafts good and the internals are good you’re fine.

I’ve purchased like new a kit tubes from PC (in fact, the kit Cody bought from me had a tube replaced 3 rides before he bought it from me), for the tune of 300$ plus labor.

Factory connection always seems hella expensive.
JBernard_401
4/4/2019 5:31pm
Patsy154 wrote:
So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride...

How is the coating on the shock 'completely worn off'. That's a high contact point and unless you're buying a new shock body or one with an hr on it, that's going to happen. Doesn't happen on CRF small res, or yzf due to it being tucked inside the frame further. Plus, it looks like it does in the photos, so he didn't mislead. And its completely cosmetic on top of that, not like the shock shaft is fubar'd.

Those lowers don't need to be replaced. That's silly. It looks like FC has already polished the knick out so now you just have a polished out blemish.
KHI Guy
4/4/2019 5:33pm
newmann wrote:
OMG I haven't laughed so hard in months LaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Buyers beware

The Latest