Buyers beware

numba1 fan
4/4/2019 5:46pm
Why not have factory connection guy in PA call factory connection guy in WA to see where the bullshit is coming from? If they work for the same company should be pretty simple for him to call them up and say "hey did you guys just redo all this suspension and you tell this guy that its all good?" I see this wasnt done correctly and then FC should cover it.
Patsy154
4/4/2019 5:51pm
Patsy154 wrote:
So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride...
So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride time on them until recently.

When i called FC directed by cody prior to pruchase. I had asked if the stuff was in good condition, if he had it serviced recently and was told yes and it was in good condition. Nothing was mentioned to me from cody nor FC that there were blemishes/scratches/scuffs in the coating on the lower fork tubes and that the coating on the shock was completely worn, and everyone is forgetting i got a set of clamps that are completely unusable without the right parts for the right bike.

So everyone is bashing on me here but what really happened is i got the suspension, hit cody up and told him the lowers were hammered, he didn’t answer, i deal with it and put the stuff on my bike to find out the stem on the clamp is incorrect or needs other hardware not provided bu the seller, after installing it i test rode ONE HOUR, the rear feels soft and there is a slight leak in the forks so i send them to FC to get them fixed and deal with it. When i found out i would need a new set if lower tubes at $900 per tube plus install and also new coating on my shock my jaw dropped and i then created this thread. Up until i found out i had to spend an additional 2k+ in parts i was going to pay for the revalve and freshup, chalk it the fuck up and deal with it but instead i figured id let everyone here know what im dealing with since the price of this suspension doubled. Instead i get bashed lol this is a good community.
How is the coating on the shock 'completely worn off'. That's a high contact point and unless you're buying a new shock body or one with...
How is the coating on the shock 'completely worn off'. That's a high contact point and unless you're buying a new shock body or one with an hr on it, that's going to happen. Doesn't happen on CRF small res, or yzf due to it being tucked inside the frame further. Plus, it looks like it does in the photos, so he didn't mislead. And its completely cosmetic on top of that, not like the shock shaft is fubar'd.

Those lowers don't need to be replaced. That's silly. It looks like FC has already polished the knick out so now you just have a polished out blemish.
I could care less about the coating on the resi im talking about the dlc coating on the shock shaft
MikeyB35
4/4/2019 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 5:56pm
I have a been a member on here for over 10 years. I rarely post but i visit vital everyday and usually scroll through the message board too.

If this thread doesnt make it into the Vital hall of fame i'm out.
BS12
4/4/2019 5:57pm
Oh this is a good read. Subscribbbedddd

The Shop

Moto520
4/4/2019 6:53pm
I dont think that Factory Connection has any culpability in this situation
JBernard_401
4/4/2019 7:18pm
Patsy154 wrote:
I could care less about the coating on the resi im talking about the dlc coating on the shock shaft
Whats wrong with the dlc on the shock shaft?

And what do you mean by the triple clamps don't work, if you dont mind me asking.
dang472
Fantasy
403rd
4/4/2019 7:22pm
I don’t understand why the seller paid $1300 to get the set serviced and then sold it for $1500. He could have thrown this set on here without service for $1200-1500 and probably sold it within a day for two. He could have sold just the lugs for $200 and maybe the triple clamps for $250.
wm741
4/4/2019 7:52pm
Pure gold
Cancerman
4/4/2019 7:58pm
I've dealt with FC twice. Both times, was treated fairly, they did what they could to save me a bit of scratch. Honest people. Seller got a smoking deal on all the work and parts. I think $1500, sellers was losing money. Sounded like a fair deal, when it comes to A kit stuff. I can't ride fast enough to use that stuff!
tingo
4/4/2019 8:07pm
If only we had an esquire around here to settle this matter.
nytsmaC
4/5/2019 7:25am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2019 7:49am
This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of bullshit.

I once sold a chain guide to a guy in Vegas, as in new condition. A month later he was furious with me because it had scuffs from a chain running through it while the bike was pushed from the showroom floor into my truck, and then into my garage. I thought it was a part for his dirt bike, not a fucking decoration. I offered to refund him 100% of his money back so that he’d just go away but he refused, and continued to berate me. People are strange.
fourfourone
4/5/2019 7:47am
121ANM wrote:
Please keep this going
aeffertz wrote:
I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady...
I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read. Grinning

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5536769-Not-a-Happy-Camper…
jesus.

Man I miss VW days. I built a super clean mk2
Jharper
4/5/2019 8:06am
Anyone else having issues seeing page 1? I get the gist, but I'd really like to read the first page of this shitshow.
aeffertz
4/5/2019 9:11am
jesus.

Yeah, I completely restored a MK1 but sold it a few years back. Just recently started modding my MK6 again, fun toys!
HackMan162
4/5/2019 11:54am
jesus.

aeffertz wrote:
Yeah, I completely restored a MK1 but sold it a few years back. Just recently started modding my MK6 again, fun toys!
Digging my Mach6. It's mildly mod'd but so much better car than stock. APR Stage2, VWR springs/shocks and some good rubber.
jeffro503
4/5/2019 12:58pm
121ANM wrote:
Please keep this going
aeffertz wrote:
I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady...
I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read. Grinning

Please tell me you got your money back from that idiot , and please tell me he's dead! My god , who acts like that?
MOTO732
4/5/2019 1:14pm
This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on the open market for $1,500? This has been the part that's been a real head scratcher. Either someone is lying about something or it is literally the stupidest sale in the history of MX. Are we sure the OP didn't also buy a parakeet with its head taped on from this guy too?
mx317
4/5/2019 1:18pm
MOTO732 wrote:
This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on...
This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on the open market for $1,500? This has been the part that's been a real head scratcher. Either someone is lying about something or it is literally the stupidest sale in the history of MX. Are we sure the OP didn't also buy a parakeet with its head taped on from this guy too?
I think the $1500 was for the other set he had for sale. I may be wrong on this because I can't read the first page.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
4/5/2019 1:28pm
MOTO732 wrote:
This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on...
Pretty bird, pretty bird
Torco1
4/5/2019 1:44pm
Lets leave Billy in 4-C out of this
TeamGreen
4/5/2019 2:00pm
nytsmaC wrote:
This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of...
This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of bullshit.

I once sold a chain guide to a guy in Vegas, as in new condition. A month later he was furious with me because it had scuffs from a chain running through it while the bike was pushed from the showroom floor into my truck, and then into my garage. I thought it was a part for his dirt bike, not a fucking decoration. I offered to refund him 100% of his money back so that he’d just go away but he refused, and continued to berate me. People are strange.
Yup!

Went thru this with some shit-bag I’d sold a helmet to. That was the end of e-bay/Craig’s for me.

I don’t sell any of my stuff on the web anymore. I sell it to people I know.
Rizzo
4/5/2019 2:43pm
Why Brett Que had a baby and didn't name her Fuh is beyond me. Sweet baby Fuh.
dean122
4/5/2019 2:56pm
121ANM wrote:
Please keep this going
aeffertz wrote:

Man, you can't leave us hanging! How did that ordeal end and what did you do with the bumpers? Entertaining read btw, that guy was a real piece of work.
newmann
4/5/2019 2:57pm
nytsmaC wrote:
This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of...

TeamGreen wrote:
Yup! Went thru this with some shit-bag I’d sold a helmet to. That was the end of e-bay/Craig’s for me. I don’t sell any of my...
Yup!

Went thru this with some shit-bag I’d sold a helmet to. That was the end of e-bay/Craig’s for me.

I don’t sell any of my stuff on the web anymore. I sell it to people I know.
I've given things away to avoid the hassle of selling them. Sometimes I swear I come out ahead!
aeffertz
4/5/2019 3:07pm
dean122 wrote:
Man, you can't leave us hanging! How did that ordeal end and what did you do with the bumpers? Entertaining read btw, that guy was a...
Man, you can't leave us hanging! How did that ordeal end and what did you do with the bumpers? Entertaining read btw, that guy was a real piece of work.
PayPal refunded me after I showed proof of shipment back to the seller, thankfully!
motoman617
4/5/2019 3:47pm
I use to sell a lot of stuff on eBay and some forums but don’t really bother anymore. I sell a few sim racing related items on the iRacing forum but that is about it. I either sell to people I know or pass it along to family members. Things like this seem to happen all to often anymore.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
4/5/2019 9:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2019 9:42pm
wear marks? Laughing
those forks look like they got dragged down a fire road behind a monster truck.
the internals may be good, but the outers are ROACHED.
I think dude got exactly what he paid for, though. You don't get kit suspension for $1500

Post a reply to: Buyers beware

The Latest