CAHUILLA CREEK MX - ALTA REDSHIFT MXR

Edited Date/Time 12/17/2018 6:07am
Rode the main at Cahuilla Creek MX last weekend after 2 days of rain here in SoCal. Conditions were perfect! Enjoy.

PS: Still trying to figure out how to eliminate the wind noise with this new GoPro. These new GoPro mics are terrible.

https://youtu.be/GF2iuEz7ME8
|
Dust601
12/14/2018 4:43pm
Awesome video! Track looked fun, and fast. I love getting to ride along on tracks I’ll probably never be able to make it to.
12/14/2018 5:36pm
Cahuilla is very fun and fast. I only get about 35 minutes of ride time out of a full charge on the main track due to the softer dirt and high speeds. But its so worth it! Jumps really are not too big and are somewhat forgiving.
wildbill
12/14/2018 6:16pm
Why'd you yell at that guy? Should've roosted him in the face with a huge handful of the silent. Wink

The Shop

Johnny Depp
12/14/2018 7:29pm
50mph at least twice a lap, nice. Get a horn, seriously. Nice riding.
12/15/2018 10:16am
Haha, i'm looking for a horn! Had a buddy out there with a CRF450L honking the horn in corners and in the air. It was hilarious.

Anyone know of a small battery powered horn i can mount to the bars and has a push button switch?
Alex.434
12/15/2018 8:23pm
Haha, i'm looking for a horn! Had a buddy out there with a CRF450L honking the horn in corners and in the air. It was hilarious...
Haha, i'm looking for a horn! Had a buddy out there with a CRF450L honking the horn in corners and in the air. It was hilarious.

Anyone know of a small battery powered horn i can mount to the bars and has a push button switch?
I plead the Fifth.....

The CRF450L was pretty funny to ride MX on... bike did pretty good considering it weighs almost 300lbs and had a bald rear tire!

Nice meeting ya. Good riding out there.
12/15/2018 9:55pm
Alex.434 wrote:
I plead the Fifth..... The CRF450L was pretty funny to ride MX on... bike did pretty good considering it weighs almost 300lbs and had a bald...
I plead the Fifth.....

The CRF450L was pretty funny to ride MX on... bike did pretty good considering it weighs almost 300lbs and had a bald rear tire!

Nice meeting ya. Good riding out there.
JM485
12/16/2018 9:00am
Alta shredding is a good thing! Sounded like there was potential for a reboot so I’m not giving up hope yet.
Savage925
12/16/2018 5:11pm
Nice video! What camera / software did you use to get the stats and graphics overlaid on the video? Is that part of a new GoPro?
barnett468
12/16/2018 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2018 5:42pm
Rode the main at Cahuilla Creek MX last weekend after 2 days of rain here in SoCal. Conditions were perfect! Enjoy. PS: Still trying to figure...
Rode the main at Cahuilla Creek MX last weekend after 2 days of rain here in SoCal. Conditions were perfect! Enjoy.

PS: Still trying to figure out how to eliminate the wind noise with this new GoPro. These new GoPro mics are terrible.

https://youtu.be/GF2iuEz7ME8
I thought you said you were a novice on another thread.

Is that dirt a mix of sand and dg?

I hate sand but it doesn't look like it is all sand.

It doesn't look like any of those jumps are sheer drop offs on the back side like some at perris are.

12/16/2018 8:34pm
Savage925 wrote:
Nice video! What camera / software did you use to get the stats and graphics overlaid on the video? Is that part of a new GoPro?
All of the telemetry you see is available on the GoPro Hero 5 black and above, with the exception of the running lap timer. I added that in post production in Adobe Premiere.
12/16/2018 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2018 8:40pm
barnett468 wrote:
I thought you said you were a novice on another thread. Is that dirt a mix of sand and dg? I hate sand but it doesn't...
I thought you said you were a novice on another thread.

Is that dirt a mix of sand and dg?

I hate sand but it doesn't look like it is all sand.

It doesn't look like any of those jumps are sheer drop offs on the back side like some at perris are.

I've been racing Vet Intermediate the second half of this year, and i'm roughly mid pack at most races. I raced 30+ Novice at the Vet World Champions at Glen Helen because I had never ridden my Alta there before, so i wasn't quite sure how it would do. My weakness still is very rutted/slotted tracks. Working on it.

The dirt at Cahuilla is soft. I wouldn't call it sand like beach sand, although in the hot summer days some sections do get powdery soft and almost sand like.

The layout on the main is pretty forgiving. In my opinion nothing is scary big and dangerous like some other tracks. Its very high speed without many tight corners, so you can flow around the track and keep your speed up. Its so much fun.
barnett468
12/16/2018 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2018 9:10pm
I've been racing Vet Intermediate the second half of this year, and i'm roughly mid pack at most races. I raced 30+ Novice at the Vet...
I've been racing Vet Intermediate the second half of this year, and i'm roughly mid pack at most races. I raced 30+ Novice at the Vet World Champions at Glen Helen because I had never ridden my Alta there before, so i wasn't quite sure how it would do. My weakness still is very rutted/slotted tracks. Working on it.

The dirt at Cahuilla is soft. I wouldn't call it sand like beach sand, although in the hot summer days some sections do get powdery soft and almost sand like.

The layout on the main is pretty forgiving. In my opinion nothing is scary big and dangerous like some other tracks. Its very high speed without many tight corners, so you can flow around the track and keep your speed up. Its so much fun.
Well you are riding that thing extremely well. I think you really should try perris if you haven't yet, but the track can get a bit dry and hard in some places, but I like tracks when they are like that. I'm used to saddleback and carlsbad in the summer, and they are the 2 hardest and driest tracks in the world.

After seeing your video, I have decided to try cahuilla. I never do any practice days because practicing just bores me to death, so all I do is race, and there aren't many races to go to in a month, so if i ride the legp dirt series when they are at cahuilla, it will give me another opportunity to ride and get my ass smoked by brand new, $9,000.00 450 4 strokes, lol.

I'm riding a 1980 yz250 at the calvmx, othg, and twmx races.

12/16/2018 10:03pm
barnett468 wrote:
Well you are riding that thing extremely well. I think you really should try perris if you haven't yet, but the track can get a bit...
Well you are riding that thing extremely well. I think you really should try perris if you haven't yet, but the track can get a bit dry and hard in some places, but I like tracks when they are like that. I'm used to saddleback and carlsbad in the summer, and they are the 2 hardest and driest tracks in the world.

After seeing your video, I have decided to try cahuilla. I never do any practice days because practicing just bores me to death, so all I do is race, and there aren't many races to go to in a month, so if i ride the legp dirt series when they are at cahuilla, it will give me another opportunity to ride and get my ass smoked by brand new, $9,000.00 450 4 strokes, lol.

I'm riding a 1980 yz250 at the calvmx, othg, and twmx races.

Right on. I'll be at Cahuilla this Wednesday with a bunch of other Alta owners.
12/16/2018 10:04pm
i love cahuilla on a 250f. If I ever move back down south, I will surely visit.. .. Stuck up here in the bay area
barnett468
12/16/2018 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2018 10:23pm
Right on. I'll be at Cahuilla this Wednesday with a bunch of other Alta owners.
Never seen one in person so I might just run on down there and bring my bike with me. You definitely can't miss it cuz it smokes more than the Marlboro man and says GERITOL on the tank instead of YAMAHA.

12/17/2018 6:07am
barnett468 wrote:
Never seen one in person so I might just run on down there and bring my bike with me. You definitely can't miss it cuz it...
Never seen one in person so I might just run on down there and bring my bike with me. You definitely can't miss it cuz it smokes more than the Marlboro man and says GERITOL on the tank instead of YAMAHA.

Awesome! Come say hi! Maybe i'll let you take it for a lap so that you can officially join the dark side like everyone else who has tried my bike Woohoo

Post a reply to: CAHUILLA CREEK MX - ALTA REDSHIFT MXR

The Latest