CW2/ZO16/JA21

peltier626
7/21/2019 4:59pm
Logistical and a passionate group. Who to put on the 250? MXON here we come!
|
agn5009
7/21/2019 5:05pm
None of the above. Cianciarulo is going if he’s healthy. There’s absolutely no way the guy who’s won most of the overalls this year isn’t selected.
SlasherMcGee
7/21/2019 5:13pm
agn5009 wrote:
None of the above. Cianciarulo is going if he’s healthy. There’s absolutely no way the guy who’s won most of the overalls this year isn’t selected.
Selected versus attending are 2 different things. AC has had an injury ravaged career and I'd be surprised if he decides to ride a 250 for 5 more weeks for an MXDN over in Assen. My $ is on AC taking a few week break and hopping on the 450 to get ready for A1.
agn5009
7/21/2019 5:20pm
agn5009 wrote:
Selected versus attending are 2 different things. AC has had an injury ravaged career and I'd be surprised if he decides to ride a 250 for...
Selected versus attending are 2 different things. AC has had an injury ravaged career and I'd be surprised if he decides to ride a 250 for 5 more weeks for an MXDN over in Assen. My $ is on AC taking a few week break and hopping on the 450 to get ready for A1.
He literally said he would go if asked. Those words came out of his mouth. Why people still question it is beyond me.
moscrop940
7/21/2019 5:26pm
That’s actually a pretty strong group in my opinion, and not a grouping I’d thought of.

Coop is wanting his redemption from years past, SnackPack has gone on record saying he will go early to prepare, and Ando is a Moto winner at MXDN just a few short years ago.

Can we win against some of the Euros who know that track like the back of their hand? Maybe not. But if that team shows and is healthy, I’d put a $5 on a podium all day long

(SnackPack on the 250 would be my pick for what it’s worth)

The Shop

jgmxdad251
7/21/2019 5:28pm
agn5009 wrote:
Selected versus attending are 2 different things. AC has had an injury ravaged career and I'd be surprised if he decides to ride a 250 for...
Watch the post race conference from two weeks ago. He says he wold go if asked. 2,16,92 that seems like a pretty good team.
peltier626
7/22/2019 5:26am
They all ride for the Same manufacturer and basically the same team.
They all share the same trainer AKA Aldon Baker.
They all train in the sand laden state of Florida.
The MAN can approve whatever is necessary to ensure they are prepared because he is their BOSS.
They all have experience and have participated in the MXON.
The only difficulty is deciding who to put on the tiddler, Cooper or Zacho.
IWreckALot
7/22/2019 5:33am
peltier626 wrote:
They all ride for the Same manufacturer and basically the same team. They all share the same trainer AKA Aldon Baker. They all train in the...
They all ride for the Same manufacturer and basically the same team.
They all share the same trainer AKA Aldon Baker.
They all train in the sand laden state of Florida.
The MAN can approve whatever is necessary to ensure they are prepared because he is their BOSS.
They all have experience and have participated in the MXON.
The only difficulty is deciding who to put on the tiddler, Cooper or Zacho.
That's a tough one. I'm enjoying both CW and ZO's progress on the 450. They're both doing surprisingly well. The fire Webb is showing is incredible and ZO has raced himself back into race win contention. It's nice to see some guys getting in the mix that weren't expected to keep up with the regulars.
DonM
7/22/2019 5:52am
agn5009 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
He literally said he would go if asked. Those words came out of his mouth. Why people still question it is beyond me.
Because he just signed a contract with Kawi for the 450's....the higher ups at Kawi USA don't like the MXDN and have been the main reason that Eli has turned it down so many times...sure he wants to go but will he be allowed to go?
Press516
Fantasy
105th
7/22/2019 6:02am
Just my opinion, but Zach is proving to be extremely versatile. I'd put him on the 250... Bothers me as a big fan though, I want to see him have all the tools to compete for the moto wins.

And that is the exact team I was thinking of Saturday while watching the mudder.

I do think AC will be on the 250. So then, who are the 2 450 riders? 16 HAS to be one of them.
colvin227
7/22/2019 6:06am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2019 6:21am
agn5009 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Because he just signed a contract with Kawi for the 450's....the higher ups at Kawi USA don't like the MXDN and have been the main reason...
Because he just signed a contract with Kawi for the 450's....the higher ups at Kawi USA don't like the MXDN and have been the main reason that Eli has turned it down so many times...sure he wants to go but will he be allowed to go?
This exactly.....it won’t be up to AC OR Eli if they want to go or not. The other team said is the most likely combo given the Roger KTM thing, that’s not a conflict of interest or anything BTW right? But it would be our best team If kawi won’t let them go. Who knows though Aldon has been on record saying he doesn’t love his guys going, so I dunno how he would feel about all his stars going and putting it on The line like that. I can see cooper not going since it’s been a long year for him.
TMessi111
7/22/2019 6:18am
I mentioned Saturday in the race thread that 2/16/51 would make a good team that would fight hard and you could put any of them on the smaller bike. Caught criticism from it but I still don’t think Adam will end up going. If he does he’s the obvious choice. If not then I think 2/16/21 or 51 would be the best team we can send without the 3/92 going. I don’t like Webb and I don’t like Barcia but they will go and put in maximum just like Osborne.
colvin227
7/22/2019 6:25am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2019 6:32am
I can realistically see ZO16, JA21 and AMart, I really think coop sits out to rest from the long season and all the pressure the SX title brought him (with Aldon’s Recommendation). Zach and Anderson were hurt most of the year so they have had a shorter season compared to the others. And Amart is hitting his stride at the right time, plus he’s a veteran of that race so it won’t be too BIG for him, and he’s great in sand.
7/22/2019 6:30am
Anderson deserves another shot after his performance in Italy IMO.
Its time to put a 450 guy on the 250. AC is to a great 250 rider but maybe at a disadvantage in the sand with his weight? Stick Osbourne on the 250, coop and JA on the big bikes, solid team.
agn5009
7/22/2019 6:35am
agn5009 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Because he just signed a contract with Kawi for the 450's....the higher ups at Kawi USA don't like the MXDN and have been the main reason...
It’s funny how someone can essentially start a rumor on vital and it’ll stick around for years at a time Laughing
DonM
7/22/2019 6:45am
agn5009 wrote:
DonM wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
It’s funny how someone can essentially start a rumor on vital and it’ll stick around for years at a time Laughing
Not a rumor...Bruce has been against taking the time and money for the MXDN...his priorities and budget are here in the US...
TbonesPop
Fantasy
446th
7/22/2019 6:51am
There’s not really much difference between riding MXdN in the US or in Europe when you really think about it. No matter the location, it takes away fro SX prep. Yes they have to ship the bike there but outside of that, it’s the same risk and commitment as riding the race here in the US. Same prep time, commitment, etc. just have to travel across the pond a few days earlier. $$$? Give me a break. It’s pennies in the big picture. Eli/Kawi rode it last year, so if they really had an issue with it, why race it at all even in the Us? This whole point of discussion seems pretty weak. Regardless, Adam has said he wants to go and will go if asked. I hope he does. Whatever happens, the result should put to rest this point of discussion.l going forward.
Kenny Lingus
7/22/2019 7:19am
I like that team. Zach on 250 or maybe Barcia if Star would build a bike.
agn5009
7/22/2019 7:25am
DonM wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Not a rumor...Bruce has been against taking the time and money for the MXDN...his priorities and budget are here in the US...
Okay Laughing
Ramrod
Fantasy
1958th
7/22/2019 8:51am
I like Zach and Anderson on 450's and Barcia on a Star Yamaha.
7/22/2019 10:18am
agn5009 wrote:
Okay Laughing
This “rumour” didn’t start on Vital. Matthes has said numerous times that Kawasaki doesn’t want to support sending riders to the event despite their riders claiming they want to go. I don’t think Kawasaki has always been the main reason behind Eli not going but for this year it might be.
agn5009
7/22/2019 11:01am
agn5009 wrote:
Okay Laughing
This “rumour” didn’t start on Vital. Matthes has said numerous times that Kawasaki doesn’t want to support sending riders to the event despite their riders claiming...
This “rumour” didn’t start on Vital. Matthes has said numerous times that Kawasaki doesn’t want to support sending riders to the event despite their riders claiming they want to go. I don’t think Kawasaki has always been the main reason behind Eli not going but for this year it might be.
I’m gonna believe what comes straight from Eli’s mouth before listening to Mathes or anyone else.

And Kawi “not wanting” to send someone and them actually “not” sending someone is two totally different things.
agn5009
7/22/2019 11:05am
Ramrod wrote:
I like Zach and Anderson on 450's and Barcia on a Star Yamaha.
Barcia has been way too inconsistent even to send on a 250. We have way too many solid options on 250s to bump anyone anyways. The only person I’d even think about bumping is Osborne and that’s only if both Tomac and Anderson go.

Cianciarulo has been way too good and way too consistent to not send though. He deserves it.
7/22/2019 11:42am
agn5009 wrote:
I’m gonna believe what comes straight from Eli’s mouth before listening to Mathes or anyone else. And Kawi “not wanting” to send someone and them actually...
I’m gonna believe what comes straight from Eli’s mouth before listening to Mathes or anyone else.

And Kawi “not wanting” to send someone and them actually “not” sending someone is two totally different things.
I tend to agree with you, if Eli and AC want to go I’m sure Kawi can make it work. Who knows what happens, on the Millville review podcast Weege said someone from the AMA told him no one he has asked has told him no so far.
life_of_jaze
7/22/2019 6:26pm
agn5009 wrote:
He isn’t going
life_of_jaze
7/22/2019 6:26pm
agn5009 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Behind the scenes he’s not going. They k ow not to pick him
nicksonfirst
7/23/2019 10:02am
TMessi111 wrote:
I mentioned Saturday in the race thread that 2/16/51 would make a good team that would fight hard and you could put any of them on...
I mentioned Saturday in the race thread that 2/16/51 would make a good team that would fight hard and you could put any of them on the smaller bike. Caught criticism from it but I still don’t think Adam will end up going. If he does he’s the obvious choice. If not then I think 2/16/21 or 51 would be the best team we can send without the 3/92 going. I don’t like Webb and I don’t like Barcia but they will go and put in maximum just like Osborne.
I came here to post exactly this lol. Barcia has always shown up at MXDN and would probably ride the 250 well.

Given 3 and 92 probably won't go, objectively the strongest team would be:

MX1: Osborne
MX2: Barcia
Open: Webb

Three dudes who have always shown up for this event, ride hard, and take no shit.
Press516
Fantasy
105th
7/24/2019 7:17am
TMessi111 wrote:
I mentioned Saturday in the race thread that 2/16/51 would make a good team that would fight hard and you could put any of them on...
I came here to post exactly this lol. Barcia has always shown up at MXDN and would probably ride the 250 well. Given 3 and 92...
I came here to post exactly this lol. Barcia has always shown up at MXDN and would probably ride the 250 well.

Three dudes who have always shown up for this event, ride hard, and take no shit.

Who, at the beginning of this outdoor season, would have predicted that more than just a couple of us would be suggesting that he was the guy to lead the team?
TMessi111
7/24/2019 5:34pm
TMessi111 wrote:
I came here to post exactly this lol. Barcia has always shown up at MXDN and would probably ride the 250 well. Given 3 and 92...

That team is our best option with who is available to ride. Anyone who disagrees probably just doesn’t like 1-3 of the riders and can’t put bias aside and see who has the ability to go and at least make us relevant. I think Cooper Webb is a douche and same for Barcia but I know they will go and put in their best effort along with Osborne.
DonM
7/25/2019 5:13am
TMessi111 wrote:

TMessi111 wrote:
That team is our best option with who is available to ride. Anyone who disagrees probably just doesn’t like 1-3 of the riders and can’t put...
That team is our best option with who is available to ride. Anyone who disagrees probably just doesn’t like 1-3 of the riders and can’t put bias aside and see who has the ability to go and at least make us relevant. I think Cooper Webb is a douche and same for Barcia but I know they will go and put in their best effort along with Osborne.
Anderson is a better pick than Barcia this year as his results have been right up there with Osborne (other than this past weekend) and much better than Barcia's.

The team will be
Osborne - MX2
Webb - MX1
Anderson - MX3
TMessi111
7/25/2019 4:35pm

TMessi111 wrote:
That team is our best option with who is available to ride. Anyone who disagrees probably just doesn’t like 1-3 of the riders and can’t put...
DonM wrote:
Anderson is a better pick than Barcia this year as his results have been right up there with Osborne (other than this past weekend) and much...
Anderson is a better pick than Barcia this year as his results have been right up there with Osborne (other than this past weekend) and much better than Barcia's.

The team will be
Osborne - MX2
Webb - MX1
Anderson - MX3
No argument there. Anderson is one of my favorite riders I just didn’t want to say he would ride a 250 like I figure Barcia would do if asked. Would be best if Osborne was on the 250 also since he has the most recent successes on the small bike and he’s smaller. Hope you are right.

Post a reply to: CW2/ZO16/JA21

The Latest