California trip

GregDVT
6/18/2018 10:38am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2018 1:52pm
Hey y’all, I’ll be in California in July and I wanted to go to one of the main stores (Langston/Malcolm smith/chapparal) and try on a bunch of gear brands so I know what sizes I wear in them for future reference. My question is which of these places has the largest gear selection? Mainly focused on helmets/boots/roost guards.

Is it worth stopping by the fasthouse and TLD shops?
|
Evoracer
6/18/2018 10:42am
Chapp has a shit ton of what you're looking for, though I'm not a fan of any mega stores.
loftyair
6/18/2018 10:49am
Yep, chap has 10x the amount of stuff as any other. But, some of the others have stuff chap doesn't, like a certain brand or size or color maybe. Not much though.
GregDVT
6/18/2018 10:57am
Awesome Sounds like Chapparal will be my go to spot. I'll of course try and check out pro circuit and stop by a track if i see that any of the top guys are practicing.

The stores around here exclusively carry low end fox stuff pretty much, or cater to the wheelie boys, so I am excited to see the mega stores.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
6/18/2018 10:58am
GregDVT wrote:
Hey y’all, I’ll be in California in July and I wanted to go to one of the main stores (Langston/Malcolm smith/chapparal) and try on a bunch...
Hey y’all, I’ll be in California in July and I wanted to go to one of the main stores (Langston/Malcolm smith/chapparal) and try on a bunch of gear brands so I know what sizes I wear in them for future reference. My question is which of these places has the largest gear selection? Mainly focused on helmets/boots/roost guards.

Chap is the mega-mega store.

TLD is worth stopping by for, if you have the time. Fasthouse just moved to a bigger bldg and I heard it’s real nice, but haven’t been over yet. It’s only 5 minutes from my house... Whistling
They are pretty far from each other, depending where you are going to be staying. Pro-Circuit worth stopping by to check out too !

The Shop

GregDVT
6/18/2018 11:05am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2018 11:07am
GregDVT wrote:
Hey y’all, I’ll be in California in July and I wanted to go to one of the main stores (Langston/Malcolm smith/chapparal) and try on a bunch...

langhammx wrote:
Chap is the mega-mega store. TLD is worth stopping by for, if you have the time. Fasthouse just moved to a bigger bldg and I heard...

TLD is worth stopping by for, if you have the time. Fasthouse just moved to a bigger bldg and I heard it’s real nice, but haven’t been over yet. It’s only 5 minutes from my house... Whistling
They are pretty far from each other, depending where you are going to be staying. Pro-Circuit worth stopping by to check out too !
Gonna be in glendale so I’m gonna be driving an hour and a half regardless (for the big retailers). Kinda figured I devote one day of the week to Moto and the rest to the family.

I’ve never been so excited to go shopping.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
6/18/2018 11:50am
GregDVT wrote:
Gonna be in glendale so I’m gonna be driving an hour and a half regardless (for the big retailers). Kinda figured I devote one day of...
Gonna be in glendale so I’m gonna be driving an hour and a half regardless (for the big retailers). Kinda figured I devote one day of the week to Moto and the rest to the family.

Bert's Mega Mall in Covina is closer to Glendale (it's on the way to Chaparral) and may be worth stopping in.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/18/2018 11:53am
GregDVT wrote:
Gonna be in glendale so I’m gonna be driving an hour and a half regardless (for the big retailers). Kinda figured I devote one day of...

RichieW13 wrote:
Bert's Mega Mall in Covina is closer to Glendale (it's on the way to Chaparral) and may be worth stopping in.
Definitely worth stopping in, if you want a "Mega" experience.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
6/18/2018 11:56am
langhammx wrote:
Chap is the mega-mega store. TLD is worth stopping by for, if you have the time. Fasthouse just moved to a bigger bldg and I heard...

The new shop is NICE.
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
6/18/2018 12:53pm
Chap all the way....
danzig138
Fantasy
3975th
6/18/2018 1:04pm
RichieW13 wrote:
Bert's is pretty cool, bought a bike from there once...great people.
Brent
6/18/2018 1:15pm
Chaparral,
AbouttheRide
Fantasy
2890th
6/18/2018 2:37pm

Here is a Janky map to use as a quick reference.
Alex.434
6/18/2018 4:16pm
If you are a fan of the sport and enjoy the history, then I'd recommend Pro Circuit (lots of their old bikes in the lobby), Troy Lee Designs (tons of cool bikes, helmets, and stuff) and Malcolm Smith Motorsports (excellent Malcolm Smith museum) and all are within 30 minutes of each other (TLD and PC 10 mins apart).

Malcolm Smith is a very nice dealership with quite a bit of gear and bike OEMs.

That's what I'd do.
6/18/2018 6:34pm
GregDVT wrote:
Awesome Sounds like Chapparal will be my go to spot. I'll of course try and check out pro circuit and stop by a track if i...
Awesome Sounds like Chapparal will be my go to spot. I'll of course try and check out pro circuit and stop by a track if i see that any of the top guys are practicing.

The stores around here exclusively carry low end fox stuff pretty much, or cater to the wheelie boys, so I am excited to see the mega stores.
Pro circuit will give you a tour if you call ahead and ask.
GregDVT
7/14/2018 8:38am
So today is the day I have free to go do motostuff. I decided I’d rather see glen Helen and Chapparal than just fasthouse or just Pala raceway today. I need some new gear so I gotta try stuff on and glen Helen, in my eyes, is the epitome of US MX. Stoked to see the CA Scene.

Anyone gonna be riding or spectating at Glen Helen today?
bradmx421
7/14/2018 9:48am
GregDVT wrote:
So today is the day I have free to go do motostuff. I decided I’d rather see glen Helen and Chapparal than just fasthouse or just...
So today is the day I have free to go do motostuff. I decided I’d rather see glen Helen and Chapparal than just fasthouse or just Pala raceway today. I need some new gear so I gotta try stuff on and glen Helen, in my eyes, is the epitome of US MX. Stoked to see the CA Scene.

I'd go to Pala(Fox Raceway) since Carmichael, Reed, Dugey, Tedesco etc are all riding there today...... Just my 2 cents
GregDVT
7/14/2018 11:11am
GregDVT wrote:
So today is the day I have free to go do motostuff. I decided I’d rather see glen Helen and Chapparal than just fasthouse or just...

bradmx421 wrote:
I'd go to Pala(Fox Raceway) since Carmichael, Reed, Dugey, Tedesco etc are all riding there today...... Just my 2 cents
I’m dragging my relatives along with me, and that’s an extra hour away unfortunately. Gonna make the best out of what they are willing to do!
plowboy
7/14/2018 12:23pm
I was out there in March/April. Got to see a little racing at GH one Saturday before they called me back to work. I was impressed. The track looked awesome. As a spectator though...Ironman in Indiana is far more friendly (read shady and easier walking around). I will say the locals were super friendly...even offered a bike and gear so I could race. Luckily, for my ego, work called so no one got to see how bad I suck.
GregDVT
7/14/2018 1:45pm
plowboy wrote:
I was out there in March/April. Got to see a little racing at GH one Saturday before they called me back to work. I was impressed...
I was out there in March/April. Got to see a little racing at GH one Saturday before they called me back to work. I was impressed. The track looked awesome. As a spectator though...Ironman in Indiana is far more friendly (read shady and easier walking around). I will say the locals were super friendly...even offered a bike and gear so I could race. Luckily, for my ego, work called so no one got to see how bad I suck.
Got to see akira tomita in the pits today, and walk around the track. Holy crap those hills are ridiculous.
plowboy
7/14/2018 1:52pm
plowboy wrote:
I was out there in March/April. Got to see a little racing at GH one Saturday before they called me back to work. I was impressed...
GregDVT wrote:
Got to see akira tomita in the pits today, and walk around the track. Holy crap those hills are ridiculous.

You ain't lying.

Post a reply to: California trip

The Latest