Can I Ask A Big Favor Of One Of You Ladies, Or Gentleman, Attending Red Bud This Weekend ?

Rupert X
7/4/2019 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2019 11:20am
Can one of you please be a lamb, and ask Eli Tomac and Adam Cianciarulo ; “ If called upon by your country, are you willing to race Motocross at the Motocross Des Nations- for Team America in Assen, The Netherlands, this fall ?” Thanks so much.
|
ATKpilot99
7/4/2019 5:57pm
Rup for team USA manager....or at least assistant manager. Stomp it.
Knobbyjake
7/4/2019 6:26pm
Give it a break. If they want to ride it they will.
colvin227
7/4/2019 6:32pm
Matthes said on one of his pods that kawi doesn’t want to go no matter what Eli wants too do. So it may not be Eli choice, and maybe not AC either since he’ll be getting ready to join that same team......we’ll see

The Shop

aeffertz
7/4/2019 6:32pm
Assuming (better yet, hoping) this is tongue in cheek?
crusher773
7/4/2019 6:33pm
With Tomac's display last year I don't see why we would want him. He also hasn't been dominant this year so far. Let's send 3 guys that want to be there. 16, 2 and 51. Put Zach on the 250.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/4/2019 6:33pm
colvin227 wrote:
Matthes said on one of his pods that kawi doesn’t want to go no matter what Eli wants too do. So it may not be Eli...
Matthes said on one of his pods that kawi doesn’t want to go no matter what Eli wants too do. So it may not be Eli choice, and maybe not AC either since he’ll be getting ready to join that same team......we’ll see
That’s so fucking stupid. They’re the assholes that brought a new / unproven bike to Red Bid MXdN last year and made a fool of Team USA, and Factory Kawi.
Deja New
7/4/2019 6:37pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
i got a party coming up and would like to invite you as you seem like tons o fun Smile
agn5009
7/4/2019 8:11pm
Why do people say things this crazy? Barcia hasn’t been very impressive this year. And we have Justin Cooper getting great starts and riding really well. IF Tomac and Cianciarulo don’t go (it’s HIGHLY UNLIKELY Cianciarulo won’t go if asked and healthy) then why in the world would we knock a 450 guy down?

Send the best damn riders we got. Right now, if the kawi boys don’t go, that’s Anderson, Osborne and Cooper. That’s a team that can do really well.

If the kawi boys do go then send Tomac, Osborne and Cianciarulo.

It’s really not difficult to understand. It’s going to be some combo of Tomac, Anderson, Osborne, Webb, Cianciarulo and Cooper.
mxb2
7/4/2019 8:24pm
Barcia did worse than tomac last year. Lol. Yea lets send him...
GIwasB4
7/4/2019 8:26pm
colvin227 wrote:
Matthes said on one of his pods that kawi doesn’t want to go no matter what Eli wants too do. So it may not be Eli...
MxKing809 wrote:
That’s so fucking stupid. They’re the assholes that brought a new / unproven bike to Red Bid MXdN last year and made a fool of Team...
That’s so fucking stupid. They’re the assholes that brought a new / unproven bike to Red Bid MXdN last year and made a fool of Team USA, and Factory Kawi.
^ He's right you know.
crusher773
7/4/2019 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2019 9:05pm
mxb2 wrote:
Barcia rode up to his expectations and went forward even with a flat though. Tomac did nothing. Barcia rides his balls off at this race and has said he will go weeks early to prepare. That says a lot to me.
biscuit11
7/4/2019 9:04pm
Pretty sure Kawi has a factory rig in Europe if Eli decides he wants to go. Also by looking at lap times on a week to week basis, anyone suggesting Barcia needs to reevaluate their thought process. Hell id send Cooper and Cianciarullo before Barcia. Zacho has been hammer down and looks like he will be in prime time by MXoN. Also remember him and Anderson havent raced the full sx and mx season so they both may be a little fresher and more desire to go than some others. But ET3 is the man and the fingers are crossed that he goes. But if he doesnt, life indeed will go on.
agn5009
7/4/2019 9:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yep. Barcia has represented us really well in the past. But unfortunately he just doesn’t have the results this year. Everyone keeps knocking Eli’s result last year. But didn’t he have the best result of the 3 in the mains?
mxb2
7/4/2019 9:17pm
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Yep. Barcia has represented us really well in the past. But unfortunately he just doesn’t have the results this year. Everyone keeps knocking Eli’s result last...
Yep. Barcia has represented us really well in the past. But unfortunately he just doesn’t have the results this year. Everyone keeps knocking Eli’s result last year. But didn’t he have the best result of the 3 in the mains?
Yep,. People only remember what they want
mxb2
7/4/2019 9:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
crusher773 wrote:
Barcia rode up to his expectations and went forward even with a flat though. Tomac did nothing. Barcia rides his balls off at this race and...
Barcia rode up to his expectations and went forward even with a flat though. Tomac did nothing. Barcia rides his balls off at this race and has said he will go weeks early to prepare. That says a lot to me.
Best american finisher was tomac.
SEE ARE125
7/4/2019 9:30pm
I’m just glad we have the depth that we do. Tomac, Osborne, Anderson, Webb, Cianciarulo and Cooper are twice as many riders as we need, and any combination would make for a hell of a team.
7/4/2019 9:38pm
crusher773 wrote:
Barcia rode up to his expectations and went forward even with a flat though. Tomac did nothing. Barcia rides his balls off at this race and...
All Tomac did was give USA their best results of the weekend. Huge mistake to send him.
mxb2
7/4/2019 9:43pm
crusher773 wrote:
All Tomac did was give USA their best results of the weekend. Huge mistake to send him.
Crazy huh lol. Tomac best american at red bud, but didnt do anything. Makes sense.
Imabigtymer
7/4/2019 10:11pm
All that I can say regarding responses. Why would we race mxdn. There isn’t one single dominant rider in any of the classes. We have all accepted the riders potential these days. They will never compare to RC, Stewart, Villipoto. That era is long long gone. Obviously they are superb riders. In the end result they aren’t the same. It’s more of a paycheck then it is too dominant.

I bet you nobody even gets close to record breaking stats that where established from Mcgrath and or Carmichael. Let alone Stewart. Those days are over it’s now paycheck. Last or first paid the same. Ever since monster cup and 3 of the 3 contenders made it in a singe night. The sport has lost all integrity.
mx216
7/4/2019 10:21pm
crusher773 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Crazy huh lol. Tomac best american at red bud, but didnt do anything. Makes sense.
Turned down going the year before. I dont remember our finishes from every year, but I wont ever forget our best guy Tomac, opted out of representing the very country, and race fans that support his race series Sick I still like him BTW, just saying though......
7/5/2019 1:25am
mx216 wrote:
Turned down going the year before. I dont remember our finishes from every year, but I wont ever forget our best guy Tomac, opted out of...
Turned down going the year before. I dont remember our finishes from every year, but I wont ever forget our best guy Tomac, opted out of representing the very country, and race fans that support his race series Sick I still like him BTW, just saying though......
Just like Dungey did twice? As well as other greats such as Carmichael and Villopoto to name a couple.
peltier626
7/5/2019 6:29am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 6:29am
Anderson, osborne and cooper webb on a 250.
zippytech
7/5/2019 8:48am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 8:49am
Barcia is done, has he even made a top 5 yet his year?
hamncheeze
7/5/2019 9:47am
First off, Barcia has been racing with 2 bad wrists and as they've improved so have his results. He's ridden well at every MXoN he's attended. He's a fighter, and that's what MXoN takes to win. Eli, for all his talent, will just switch off if he's not feeling it. Just like Maverick in Top Gun, when he's back in the plane after Goose's death. "I'll engage when I'm good and ready to engage!"

Having said that, the best team would be Anderson, Zacho, and Webb with one of Webb or Zacho on a 250. Why? Because taking a rookie to MXoN like Justin Cooper or AC is just asking for a bad day. The crowds and atmosphere at Assen will be INSANE. A kid like Justin Cooper either folds up completely, or gets too emotional and throws it away. Look at rookies like Baggett in 2011, Tomac in 2013, J-Mart in 2014, Plessinger in 2018 all on the 250 and either folding up or throwing it away. Take experience. Who cares who the 250 champ is. Take the best riders for the job. Those 3 above are all scrappers.
Knobbyjake
7/5/2019 11:24am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 11:25am
Knobbyjake wrote:
Deja New wrote:
i got a party coming up and would like to invite you as you seem like tons o fun Smile
Sure, I'd love to see Australia! You pay my way and I'll have a great time at your party. It just gets old hearing the same thing about begging riders to go every year. If their heart is in it they'll go. If not there are others that will that want to be there.
Rupert X
7/5/2019 12:07pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
Deja New wrote:
Knobbyjake wrote:
Sure, I'd love to see Australia! You pay my way and I'll have a great time at your party. It just gets old hearing the same...
Sure, I'd love to see Australia! You pay my way and I'll have a great time at your party. It just gets old hearing the same thing about begging riders to go every year. If their heart is in it they'll go. If not there are others that will that want to be there.
Were you inferring that I was begging these riders to go, because I simply asked if they’d “be willing” to go ? I think you got me all wrong, pal. I can’t speak for all, I’m just requesting that somebody, somehow, this weekend, get a straight, on-the-record answer from both Mr. Cianciarulo and Mr. Tomac, inquiring if they’d be willing to go, if they are chosen, that’s all. Seems to me that there are a lot of us that would like to hear it, from the horses mouth, so to speak and, if they choose not to go, or, claim Kawasaki doesn’t want them to go, well, then we can move ahead and, present this great honor and opportunity to another talented American racer. There’s been plenty of speculation, it’s time for facts.
Barrett57
7/5/2019 1:50pm
All that I can say regarding responses. Why would we race mxdn. There isn’t one single dominant rider in any of the classes. We have all...
All that I can say regarding responses. Why would we race mxdn. There isn’t one single dominant rider in any of the classes. We have all accepted the riders potential these days. They will never compare to RC, Stewart, Villipoto. That era is long long gone. Obviously they are superb riders. In the end result they aren’t the same. It’s more of a paycheck then it is too dominant.

I bet you nobody even gets close to record breaking stats that where established from Mcgrath and or Carmichael. Let alone Stewart. Those days are over it’s now paycheck. Last or first paid the same. Ever since monster cup and 3 of the 3 contenders made it in a singe night. The sport has lost all integrity.
You should go because it would be pathetic not to, and frankly, I would expect nothing less from the USA to go show some grit and determination and turn up regardless. You've kicked the shit out of everyone for years, you can do it again.

Team USA can put together 3 strong riders in a field where the best gp riders in 450 and 250 are on weak teams and it seems everyone else is plagued with injuries.

I as a non-American would think after the debacle of Matterly Basin and RedBud that it would be epic for team USA to turn up and put the euros to the sword in the heart of European mx on a deep sand track. I genuinely think that with the right riders and a bit of luck it could be done. That's why you should go.

Post a reply to: Can I Ask A Big Favor Of One Of You Ladies, Or Gentleman, Attending Red Bud This Weekend ?

The Latest