Can you ID these Smith goggles?

Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 8:31pm
I've got an old pair of Smith goggles in great shape that I'd like to find lenses for. No contact information for Smith on their website. I've looked everywhere I can think of and I think I'm SOL. Oh, well.

Anyone know this model?

|
TeamFlannel
7/8/2020 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2020 9:27pm
Looks like same old SMX lens to me.
RalphS
7/8/2020 10:52pm
Lucky bastard 😜
zippytech
7/10/2020 7:39am
I think these companies do that on purpose, I have a a really nice pair of fox goggles that was only used a few times and they got stepped on and kinked the lens. There is not one thing on the goggles that tell you what model they are , just a fox head.

The Shop

Spooner
7/10/2020 11:46am
I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them so I don't know if they did that up to the end.
7/10/2020 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 3:23pm
Spooner wrote:
I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them...
I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them so I don't know if they did that up to the end.
I'm looking and I an't seein' nuthin. I see "Made in the USA" over on one side of the eye which I assume makes these collector's items since everything is Made in China now, and over on the other side "Smith Sport Optics".

Oh, wait....

over in the right nose piece....

> PU <

These are the "In Between Pee-YEW!!!!!" model. So, they don't quite suck but they're not as good as they could be, I guess.

Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
7/10/2020 6:15pm
Spooner wrote:
I know smith used to mold in the model number on the bottom of the frame but it's been a million years since I've used them...
I'm looking and I an't seein' nuthin. I see "Made in the USA" over on one side of the eye which I assume makes these collector's...
I'm looking and I an't seein' nuthin. I see "Made in the USA" over on one side of the eye which I assume makes these collector's items since everything is Made in China now, and over on the other side "Smith Sport Optics".

Oh, wait....

over in the right nose piece....

> PU <

These are the "In Between Pee-YEW!!!!!" model. So, they don't quite suck but they're not as good as they could be, I guess.

The >PU< mark just means it's made out of Polyurethane

Post a reply to: Can you ID these Smith goggles?

The Latest