Can't see Loretta's happening this year.

Edited Date/Time 12/11/2020 4:47am
With everything getting cancelled this week. If they are stopping basketball and sports, I believe it won't be long until Loretta's gets cancelled 😞
|
Braaaphole
3/11/2020 7:03pm
This stupid virus will have long run it's course by August. In 2-3 weeks it will vanish like nothing ever happened.
CM_84
3/11/2020 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 8:31pm
Braaaphole wrote:
This stupid virus will have long run it's course by August. In 2-3 weeks it will vanish like nothing ever happened.
3 weeks? Are you kidding?
How have things been going in China, the outbreak is 3 months old and just starting to slow.

What’s the price ? Let’s make a bet. If it’s worse than the current situation I win, if things are better you win.
Name the price, I’ll take the bet
We can donate the winnings to road to recovery
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/11/2020 10:06pm
Braaaphole wrote:
CM_84 wrote:
3 weeks? Are you kidding? How have things been going in China, the outbreak is 3 months old and just starting to slow. What’s the price...
How have things been going in China, the outbreak is 3 months old and just starting to slow.

What’s the price ? Let’s make a bet. If it’s worse than the current situation I win, if things are better you win.
Ground zero and they are getting a handle on it. Considering it’s one of the biggest shitholes on earth I imagine the US will have it under control much sooner than communist China.

Once it warms up things will go back to normal. Of course some would rather believe it’s the end of civilization....whatever floats your boat

The Shop

Sully
3/11/2020 10:42pm
If this thing is still happening in August, we, as a society, have bigger things to worry about than an amateur motocross race...
CM_84
3/11/2020 10:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 11:16pm
Braaaphole wrote:
CM_84 wrote:
3 weeks? Are you kidding? How have things been going in China, the outbreak is 3 months old and just starting to slow. What’s the price...

KennyT wrote:
Ground zero and they are getting a handle on it. Considering it’s one of the biggest shitholes on earth I imagine the US will have it...
Ground zero and they are getting a handle on it. Considering it’s one of the biggest shitholes on earth I imagine the US will have it under control much sooner than communist China.

Once it warms up things will go back to normal. Of course some would rather believe it’s the end of civilization....whatever floats your boat
I’m not saying it’s the end of civilization, but this ain’t no regular flu either.

And sorry, temperature has very little to do with it.
It’s spreading rapidly in Australia, it’s pretty warm in Aus at the moment.

This will not be “under control” in the US in a few weeks.

Let’s chat again in 3 weeks and see how we are going, I have never been so hopeful I am utterly wrong.
If you are so sure, I assume you are investing every single cent you have in the share market, because it’s has been smashed, and if this is sorted in a few weeks, well that basically free money for you.
Cali
3/11/2020 10:54pm
Braaaphole wrote:
You might be right, Sylvia Browne predicted this 12 years ago

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
3/11/2020 11:08pm
Cali wrote:
You might be right, Sylvia Browne predicted this 12 years ago [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/11/409992/s1200_471B2748_3819_46C3_BBA6_5ABB240712C5.jpg[/img]
You might be right, Sylvia Browne predicted this 12 years ago

Dont recall the flesh eating bacteria in 2010, and i wouldnt say that mental health illnesses have been virtually eliminated either. But i sure hope the theory in the middle is right. I'm getting sick and tired of this thing already.
BobbyM
3/11/2020 11:10pm
Braaaphole wrote:
CM_84 wrote:

KennyT wrote:
Ground zero and they are getting a handle on it. Considering it’s one of the biggest shitholes on earth I imagine the US will have it...

"Only dopes use dope.".

Tommy chong 1975
Motofinne
3/11/2020 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2020 11:31pm
Braaaphole wrote:
CM_84 wrote:

KennyT wrote:

You have obviously not read about how they've done it. Or do you think the issue has just automatically went slowly away in China? The Chinese government has literally welded peoples doors shut. It's probably the most extreme "lockdown" in the history of modern civilization.
cody41
3/12/2020 4:51am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 4:51am
CM_84 wrote:

KennyT wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
You have obviously not read about how they've done it. Or do you think the issue has just automatically went slowly away in China? The Chinese...
You have obviously not read about how they've done it. Or do you think the issue has just automatically went slowly away in China? The Chinese government has literally welded peoples doors shut. It's probably the most extreme "lockdown" in the history of modern civilization.
The Chinese government will weld your doors shut and pump farts into your place just because.
KMC440
3/12/2020 5:01am
Ok ya got me with the pumping farts!
😂😁😂👍
honda907
3/12/2020 5:05am
KennyT wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
You have obviously not read about how they've done it. Or do you think the issue has just automatically went slowly away in China? The Chinese...
cody41 wrote:
The Chinese government will weld your doors shut and pump farts into your place just because.
I just find some of this reading just sad. Do you realize how this is effecting the economy? Penn State will probably announce in the next few days that all students have to go home and will be cyber-taught from computer. If 70,000 students are sent home, including the ones at the dormitories, who's gonna keep the stores open in the town? The town economy will collapse. Then the surrounding areas will be effected.

If nobody is spending money, how are you going to get paid so YOU CAN Travel to a race?

Bucknell University is already implementing it. All the PA universities are going to follow suit. I placed a link below.

If you people think Loretta Lynn's is going to be a problem, you need to think of where your priorities lie.

It's going to be like 2008, but maybe even worse.

https://www.abc27.com/news/health/coronavirus/bucknell-university-to-en…
3/12/2020 5:45am
Braaaphole wrote:
CM_84 wrote:

Comparing China to the US ? really where did this Virus start and why?
MX114
3/12/2020 6:02am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2020 4:47am
Motofinne wrote:
cody41 wrote:
honda907 wrote:
I just find some of this reading just sad. Do you realize how this is effecting the economy? Penn State will probably announce in the next...
I just find some of this reading just sad. Do you realize how this is effecting the economy? Penn State will probably announce in the next few days that all students have to go home and will be cyber-taught from computer. If 70,000 students are sent home, including the ones at the dormitories, who's gonna keep the stores open in the town? The town economy will collapse. Then the surrounding areas will be effected.

If nobody is spending money, how are you going to get paid so YOU CAN Travel to a race?

Bucknell University is already implementing it. All the PA universities are going to follow suit. I placed a link below.

If you people think Loretta Lynn's is going to be a problem, you need to think of where your priorities lie.

sandman768
3/12/2020 6:37am
Motofinne wrote:
cody41 wrote:
honda907 wrote:
I just find some of this reading just sad. Do you realize how this is effecting the economy? Penn State will probably announce in the next...

I just did a visit to Bucknell with my daughter a few weeks ago.....nice campus...
FerCzD
3/12/2020 7:24am
KennyT wrote:

Doesn't look like a shithole to me.

From BBC.

That's far from a shit healthcare system. Trust me I know how deprorable looks like.
arunkxf
3/12/2020 7:33am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 7:34am
Sully wrote:
If this thing is still happening in August, we, as a society, have bigger things to worry about than an amateur motocross race...
Very true, companies are already struggling, its affecting business here int he UK. Self employed people are taking a hit too. Travel, social activities etc...

Plus there no paper for the shitter
m121c
3/12/2020 8:10am
Playing devils advocate here about China's "super awesome healthcare robots".

From washington post, picture of Wuhan China hospital trying to handle the outbreak:

We probably shouldn't push around China propaganda here.

Let us also not forget that china has a major air quality and respiratory health risk compared to the U.S. Comparing international countries on a issue such as this is very different due to cultural differences and government power. I think 3 weeks is a bit optimistic yes, but I would expect to be at least getting a hold of it by then.

My university has switch entirely online for the next 3 weeks (next week is spring break so technically only 2 weeks), Many professors are pretty much saying we won't be back in class at all this semester.

Dixon893
3/12/2020 8:36am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 8:39am
The covid-19 will sicken many yes we all know that. I work in a medical setting and have for 20+ years. What I have seen is a large part of the population reliant on pharmaceuticals, they need to control condition brought on by many different reasons We all know a person that takes multiple pills to deal with issues physical and mental. My concern is we as Americans have allowed Rx production along with DME products to be off shored for 30+ years and regulated the ability to produce in America. My question is what would happen if china stops shipping those items as retaliation for the trade war. What would destroy a healthcare system that has already limited do to dealing with corona? several million people dealing with the many other easily treated issues that simple medicine once solved. The Wolf is on the Hill and the sheep are weak.
motomike137
3/12/2020 8:42am
I would think that the outdoor races would be inherently safer to run and attend and with some luck this thing will be trending downward by summer.
brimx153
3/12/2020 9:00am
Motofinne wrote:
cody41 wrote:
honda907 wrote:

Funny how you say people worrying about going to a race . Then all you worry about is money !!!! . How about the 1000 s of people who are going to die , you Asshole
greenmx5
3/12/2020 9:13am
Motofinne wrote:
cody41 wrote:
honda907 wrote:

Take a breath man. They've already started online classes until April. Students go home for 3 months at a time over the summer and the town does just fine. It's like a ghost town over the summers. I'm about 20 min away from there. They'll be just fine.
cody41
3/12/2020 9:54am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 9:55am
Motofinne wrote:
cody41 wrote:
honda907 wrote:

Outside of FEAR from a mild virus over exaggerated by the media, the economy is fundamentally strong based on 2020’s economic data (jobs report, jobless claims, new home sales, housing starts). My school announced today that we may go online. Am I worried? Nope. Keep being scared, so myself and others can profit from your FEAR.
CM_84
3/12/2020 11:29am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 11:37am
Braaaphole wrote:
CM_84 wrote:

526 wrote:
Ok, so let’s forget China, let’s pick a western country, maybe Italy....they have a pretty good health care system, and they are roughly 3 weeks since the outbreak. How are they traveling? Think it’s no big deal and nearly over there?
Like I said, I’ll take anyone’s bet, and I hope I lose, but if anyone knows anything about how infectious diseases spread, they know this will get much worse before it starts getting better

CM_84
3/12/2020 12:09pm
cody41 wrote:
honda907 wrote:

cody41 wrote:
Outside of FEAR from a mild virus over exaggerated by the media, the economy is fundamentally strong based on 2020’s economic data (jobs report, jobless claims...
Outside of FEAR from a mild virus over exaggerated by the media, the economy is fundamentally strong based on 2020’s economic data (jobs report, jobless claims, new home sales, housing starts). My school announced today that we may go online. Am I worried? Nope. Keep being scared, so myself and others can profit from your FEAR.
A mild virus? Look at what’s happening in Italy, look at their mortality rate. Did your government really just shut down all travel from Europe for a mild virus?

Im not saying it’s the end of the world, the world will keep turning, and at some point we will return to where we were 3 months ago.
But if you don’t see that there will be some serious issues along the way you are on glue.

Think about what that travel ban alone does to economies, just look at the stock market now.
I agree lots of people will make money on shorts and by buying at the bottom. But we are nowhere near the bottom

Time will tell, a vital thread will not
MXer391
3/12/2020 2:21pm
Dixon893 wrote:
The covid-19 will sicken many yes we all know that. I work in a medical setting and have for 20+ years. What I have seen is...
The covid-19 will sicken many yes we all know that. I work in a medical setting and have for 20+ years. What I have seen is a large part of the population reliant on pharmaceuticals, they need to control condition brought on by many different reasons We all know a person that takes multiple pills to deal with issues physical and mental. My concern is we as Americans have allowed Rx production along with DME products to be off shored for 30+ years and regulated the ability to produce in America. My question is what would happen if china stops shipping those items as retaliation for the trade war. What would destroy a healthcare system that has already limited do to dealing with corona? several million people dealing with the many other easily treated issues that simple medicine once solved. The Wolf is on the Hill and the sheep are weak.
DME products are already becoming hard to get. I should know, I'm waiting to get order confirmations as I'm typing this. I'm not getting caught with my pants down when respiratory products become tough to source. As of right now, it looks as though the supplies are stable but I definitely think bent metal products and electronics will be effected in the healthcare industry. Suzuki should start putting their name on N95 masks to revive their image. Haha
3/12/2020 5:17pm
Even if it's slowing down by August, what about qualifiers. If so, will this be the first one not to run?
3/12/2020 5:25pm
CM_84 wrote:

526 wrote:
CM_84 wrote:
Ok, so let’s forget China, let’s pick a western country, maybe Italy....they have a pretty good health care system, and they are roughly 3 weeks since...
Ok, so let’s forget China, let’s pick a western country, maybe Italy....they have a pretty good health care system, and they are roughly 3 weeks since the outbreak. How are they traveling? Think it’s no big deal and nearly over there?
Like I said, I’ll take anyone’s bet, and I hope I lose, but if anyone knows anything about how infectious diseases spread, they know this will get much worse before it starts getting better

CM
Ask Barcia about Italys health care system. I think he said 3rd world care at best it was that bad he checked out and got the fuck out of there.

Post a reply to: Can't see Loretta's happening this year.

The Latest