Carmichael/Hart no show last national

Csb146
I find it a little odd that both co-owners/founders would no show their teams last ever national. They've never been that involved to start with, but still you would think they would show up to the teams last national. It makes me think there is more to the story of them shutting down then they just couldn't get sponsors.
|
aeffertz
8/28/2017 8:50pm
They were in it to make money, not lose money. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with that, either.
8/29/2017 2:58am
aeffertz wrote:
They were in it to make money, not lose money. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with that, either.
Do other teams make money out of it? Maybe the factory teams that make it back through sales but the privateer teams that represent sponsors?
moto0852
8/29/2017 3:46am
They didnt show up to
ANY races for their team! Why start now?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/29/2017 4:07am
moto0852 wrote:
They didnt show up to
ANY races for their team! Why start now?
Not true !

The Shop

boston_jorj
8/29/2017 4:33am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 4:34am
Do other teams make money out of it? Maybe the factory teams that make it back through sales but the privateer teams that represent sponsors?
HRC/Factory KTM does not have to turn a profit to remain racing. RCH did.

I did attend the Ironman and it would have been cool the see RC or CR.
MudPup545
8/29/2017 5:17am
aeffertz wrote:
Nothing wrong with making money. I'm all for it. But, if what I've read is true and they were not there, I think that's pretty crappy.
kkawboy14
8/29/2017 5:23am
If you have ever "had to close" or just "closed" any business, the last day is not a day of celebrating. It's more gut wrenching than fun.

I don't blame them for not being there. The business of moto has turned many people away from it!
8/29/2017 5:28am
Still would have been a nice sign of respect and appreciation for the guys on their team...
JRT812
8/29/2017 5:39am
I for sure thought they would be around for the long haul. A ton of effort went into evolving the team to becoming a championship winning team. Talk about a roll coaster ride. I have wondered why other teams like MCR decide or Star stay around if the money isn't there.
spd721
8/29/2017 6:27am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 8:00am
I think that's a bit disrespectful of Hart and RC to the guys on the team for not being there for the last race. I've gotten the feeling those guys just weren't into that much this year due to not being around the races that much this year.
tprice07
8/29/2017 6:27am
JRT812 wrote:
I for sure thought they would be around for the long haul. A ton of effort went into evolving the team to becoming a championship winning...
I for sure thought they would be around for the long haul. A ton of effort went into evolving the team to becoming a championship winning team. Talk about a roll coaster ride. I have wondered why other teams like MCR decide or Star stay around if the money isn't there.
MCR stay around because Mike Genova loves the sport and is willing to drop tons of money into it every year.

RCH closed up because they couldn't get a sponsor commitment early enough, right?

PC, Geico, and JGR make money right?
davistld01
8/29/2017 7:02am
JRT812 wrote:
I for sure thought they would be around for the long haul. A ton of effort went into evolving the team to becoming a championship winning...
tprice07 wrote:
MCR stay around because Mike Genova loves the sport and is willing to drop tons of money into it every year. RCH closed up because they...
MCR stay around because Mike Genova loves the sport and is willing to drop tons of money into it every year.

RCH closed up because they couldn't get a sponsor commitment early enough, right?

I don't have any facts, but I can't imagine JGR making any money at all fielding their team.
kkawboy14
8/29/2017 7:05am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Still would have been a nice sign of respect and appreciation for the guys on their team...
......a nice severance paycheck is a nice way of showing respect and appreciation IMHO
LungButter
8/29/2017 7:07am
kkawboy14 wrote:
......a nice severance paycheck is a nice way of showing respect and appreciation IMHO
That didn't happen either.
St Ann More
8/29/2017 7:29am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Except that kinda stuff doesn't happen in moto.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/29/2017 7:47am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 7:47am
So it's disrespectful that Carey Hart supported his wife at one of the most important events of the year for her, instead of attending Ironman? Look, I know most of us are moto crazy, but that's an easy decision...
jasonward73
8/29/2017 8:00am
tprice07 wrote:
MCR stay around because Mike Genova loves the sport and is willing to drop tons of money into it every year. RCH closed up because they...

PC, JGR, and MCR all have a product to sell that is Moto related so they can take/justify a loss as the team is considered advertising. Just as with each Factory team (not factory supported). I would imagine the Geico team actually makes money.

RCH is selling nothing. If they don't have Sponsors to cover costs why would they field a team?
feelnjstfine
8/29/2017 8:05am
ML512 wrote:
So it's disrespectful that Carey Hart supported his wife at one of the most important events of the year for her, instead of attending Ironman? Look...
So it's disrespectful that Carey Hart supported his wife at one of the most important events of the year for her, instead of attending Ironman? Look, I know most of us are moto crazy, but that's an easy decision...
Thank you, exactly what I was gonna say! So many people on here think moto is the most important thing in the world, it's not!
MXMattii
8/29/2017 8:11am
ML512 wrote:
So it's disrespectful that Carey Hart supported his wife at one of the most important events of the year for her, instead of attending Ironman? Look...
Thank you, exactly what I was gonna say! So many people on here think moto is the most important thing in the world, it's not!
Didn't saw him or RC on Tickles or Bogle podium pictures too. Maybe I'm seeing something that wasn't there. But I think both were loaning there names to a project but didn't wanna have the burden.
spd721
8/29/2017 8:14am
ML512 wrote:
Ok...I understand that but what about RC?
Csb146
8/29/2017 8:18am
ML512 wrote:
I totally agree with you, but what's Ricky's excuse? I'm not trying to just bash on these guys, but I haven't even seen as much as a Instagram post acknowledging or thanking anyone yet. It's just a bit odd.
JRT812
8/29/2017 8:22am
JRT812 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:

Its great that MCR has rides to give and Mike must be a great business man if he willing to drop a ton of money on love of the sport.

Correct about RCH based off what Kenny said

I have no idea about the 3, but I would imagine its easier for PC and JGR because of the services/products they offer.
jasonward73
8/29/2017 8:22am
Carey Hart posted a goodbye/thank you on social media. Go back and look at his posts.

I don't follow RC. Someone else would have to confirm.
feelnjstfine
8/29/2017 8:25am
ML512 wrote:
spd721 wrote:
Maybe the twins had a big game, his wife was sick, a family reunion? In reality, he owes no one an explanation and it's frankly none of our business.
8/29/2017 8:35am
I hope you all realize that these teams do not make any profit, and this whole "show" is about marketing and promotion. Where would the profit come from?? The huge purse payouts from race wins?? LOL! These teams need a lump sum of money at the beginning of the year to pay for everything needed to take a race team through a season, including the employee's salaries, team travel expenses, semi haulers, building rent, etc. Most of the bigger teams have the manufactures pay for the riders salaries only and supply bikes, and some do not. In the end, they spend every dime of the sponsorship money, and start over for next year. Like my friend told me, if it takes $6mil for team Geico to race all year, and they can't raise the $6mil, they don't race. It is all marketing and non-for-profit, and thus RCH couldn't get enough sponsorship support to fund the team, thus closing the doors. Pretty simple stuff.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/29/2017 8:36am
ML512 wrote:
Csb146 wrote:
I totally agree with you, but what's Ricky's excuse? I'm not trying to just bash on these guys, but I haven't even seen as much as...
I totally agree with you, but what's Ricky's excuse? I'm not trying to just bash on these guys, but I haven't even seen as much as a Instagram post acknowledging or thanking anyone yet. It's just a bit odd.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/29/2017 8:45am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2017 8:46am
JRT812 wrote:
I think why we see MCR and Star staying around is two fold (at least). Both guys are huge moto heads and I am sure the teams provide a good write off (spa products and car dealerships) instead of giving it to Uncle Sam. Kind of a good two birds scenario.
Csb146
8/29/2017 8:47am
ML512 wrote:
Csb146 wrote:
I totally agree with you, but what's Ricky's excuse? I'm not trying to just bash on these guys, but I haven't even seen as much as...
ML512 wrote:
Touche' My very brief look at his account missed this.. I'll see myself out with my.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/29/2017 8:48am
ML512 wrote:
spd721 wrote:
Maybe the twins had a big game, his wife was sick, a family reunion? In reality, he owes no one an explanation and it's frankly none...
Maybe the twins had a big game, his wife was sick, a family reunion? In reality, he owes no one an explanation and it's frankly none of our business.
RC isnt married.

Post a reply to: Carmichael/Hart no show last national

The Latest