btn
btn
1 of 3
Related:
Create New Tag
motokiwi motokiwi
8/5/2020 7:21 PM

The best one yet - thanks for the memories CR22.

"I dont want to milk anything out - i'll just keep pushing"

8tensolutions 8tensolutions
8/5/2020 7:28 PM

Terrific show. I have listened to a lot of Reed Interviews, but this one is excellent.

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

stonerb stonerb
8/5/2020 7:47 PM

Shit was good! Can't wait for a part 2.

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
8/5/2020 11:39 PM

I'm not one for podcasts, but that was great and I'm looking forward to part 2 of his interview.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

tobz tobz
8/6/2020 12:44 AM

Pretty good listen, ya-know.

mxmaniac mxmaniac
8/6/2020 4:35 AM

so good! bring on part 2

WowWowWubzy WowWowWubzy
8/6/2020 6:20 AM

Great hearing him speak about early days of 4 strokes, "Timmy getting carted off the practice track all the time".... "to the young kids, don't worry we fixed it all for ya"

slowgti slowgti
8/6/2020 6:33 AM

His comments on Yamaha management seemed to ruffle some feathers with ping and GL.

aeffertz aeffertz
8/6/2020 9:02 AM
slowgti wrote:

His comments on Yamaha ...more

Well they probably don’t want their Yamaha sponsorship money yoinked.

slowgti slowgti
8/6/2020 11:26 AM
aeffertz wrote:

Well they probably don’t ...more

I agree, just sort of funny when they want open and honest interviews.

AH387 AH387
8/6/2020 12:45 PM

Great stuff. I could listen to those 3 all day.

PTshox PTshox
8/6/2020 12:52 PM

At least he spoke his mind about Yamaha..... most will not be that honest. Sounds like one or two of the old guard are the root of the problem.

This is very common in business. I see it all the time. It's amazing how some folks get to levels of power/ decision making in a company that have no business being in such positions.

As Warren Buffet said "invest in a business any fool can run, because someday a fool will."

FeetUp FeetUp
8/6/2020 12:59 PM
PTshox wrote:

At least he spoke his mind ...more

You are absolutely right...... The Peter Principle, promoted to their level of incompetency LOL

My favorite rider is K.C Carlyle

Falcon Falcon
8/6/2020 1:07 PM
PTshox wrote:

At least he spoke his mind ...more

Yep. It's definitely a problem in at least one department an OEM I used to work for.

Braaapin' aint easy.

dpingree101 dpingree101
8/6/2020 5:20 PM

We finished part two... and only made it up to the start of TwoTwo Motorsports. Part two will go up next week, part 3 will follow that. His recollection is so sharp, and he isn't afraid to tell stories, so it's taking some time to get through it all. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. stay tuned...

dpingree101 dpingree101
8/6/2020 5:21 PM
slowgti wrote:

His comments on Yamaha ...more

aeffertz wrote:

slowgti wrote:

I agree, just sort of ...more

We didn't keep him from expressing any of his views, so not sure what "feather ruffling" you're referring to.

stonerb stonerb
8/6/2020 5:52 PM
dpingree101 wrote:

We finished part two... ...more

Fuck yeah! Now, lure Bubba out of his cave and get him on and I can die happy.

BToz BToz
8/6/2020 6:01 PM
aeffertz wrote:

slowgti wrote:

I agree, just sort of ...more

dpingree101 wrote:

We didn't keep him from ...more

Some stuff (not on all your interviews) seems like you get to the edge of uncomfortable but that makes it great and makes it real/genuine. Love your show man I think you’re doing awesome.

mxmaniac mxmaniac
8/6/2020 8:52 PM
dpingree101 wrote:

if you can just keep digging and keep parts coming that would be great. we are locked down in vic Australia so this is awsome to keep me sane

G-man G-man
8/6/2020 10:29 PM

That was the best Whiskey Podcast I've seen and admittedly I haven't seen them all but that was really cool. Great job by everyone! 👍
Chad told the story from basically day one, him and Ellie really took a HUGE leap of faith at such a young age and Won!

And having his cousin influence him when he was young hits home as my cousin is 10 years younger than me and is very rooted into Motocross and has the same Love for the Sport. cool

PMR 3 PMR 3
8/6/2020 10:49 PM

Listened to the 1st hour, really liked it. Man I've been listening to lots of WTS the last few months. I'm a big fan.

1980 trail70, 84 xr80, 84 cr125, 93 cr250, 04 crfx250, 74 Husqvarna wr450, 08 crf450, 87 cr80, 05 crf450, 16 fc250, 19 crf450 Smartop. EKS, O'neal, Bell, SIDI and Kyle Lewis MX Academy.

blarrre blarrre
8/7/2020 12:35 AM

Great show with a outspoken Chad. It is always fresh with a rider that isnt so "political correct" to the industry as many riders are.

God to have a 2 and a 3 part also. Looking forward to it.

The show would be even better if Grant doesnt talk in the mouth of the guest, or interupt him with his experience in the middle os someones story. If he just wait till the guest has talked to point it would be alright.

But thats pretty common in podcast when there is not a seasoned journalist thats hosting the show. Letting people talk till they are done and not fill in there sentence is common courtesy, and a recipe for a good interview..

Hope you take it as an advice and not a slap at your show.

Keep it up.

Thanks

rmxfreak rmxfreak
8/7/2020 12:45 AM

Great podcast -I was living in Oz during his pro career start and have enjoyed watching his career ever since -A humble upbringing turned him into a fighter, who is not afraid to call it as he sees it-which is a very rare trait these days.
It was also very good to see GL talk less and listen more !
Can’t wait for episode 2 and 3!

WCRider WCRider
8/7/2020 1:29 AM

The old Dunkerque was very gnarly. Nohing comparable with the new layout.

I saw Chad at Lierop in 2001.

Good talk but agree, Grant talk a bit too much imo.

face biter face biter
8/7/2020 7:26 AM

Another great episode, I’m looking forward to the next installments.
It is pretty cool to hear the stories and experiences vs the usual interviews that are nothing more than a chance to pump up some exposure for the guests, and give them yet another chance to pimp their sponsors.
In my opinion the show is perfect, they’re having a BS session and DP has his notes handy to keep things moving. I personally think it would be a mistake to change the format and turn it in to a dry, formal interview.

dpingree101 dpingree101
8/7/2020 9:47 AM
dpingree101 wrote:

stonerb wrote:

Fuck yeah! Now, lure Bubba ...more

I’ve reached out... but he’s a unicorn. Maybe someday.

H4L H4L
8/7/2020 11:35 AM
dpingree101 wrote:

I’ve reached out... but he ...more

Don't give up.. Keep trying.. That would be very interesting to hear some of his experiences through his lens..

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Zycki11 Zycki11
8/7/2020 11:37 AM
dpingree101 wrote:

I’ve reached out... but he ...more

And this is when I think of the Geico commercial with DJ Khalid. Hilarious

Piston Slap Piston Slap
8/7/2020 11:46 AM

Nfm

Suicidal_Tendencies Suicidal_Tendencies
8/7/2020 12:26 PM

Another great show. I listen to these at work and it helps move the day along. What a great champion Reed is.

btn
btn
1 of 3

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry