Chad reed

Spat24
Fantasy
856th
5/7/2017 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 8:22pm
is he signed for next year SX - or was this his swan song?
beamer
5/7/2017 8:30pm
RCH cannot possibly even be thinking of signing him, I find that absurd
Crush
5/7/2017 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 8:44pm
beamer wrote:
RCH cannot possibly even be thinking of signing him, I find that absurd
He finished better than their two guys.

More popular and better social media engagement also, important to RCH's strategy.

Probably similar dollars.

Buddies with RC.

And a noted good tester, and they've got a new bike coming in.

A lot of reasons too do it!
5/7/2017 8:56pm
Ebs wrote:
Tomac slows, Dungey doesn't risk getting near Tomac so he slows, Anderson doesn't want to pass Dungey and put himself in a position between Dungey and...
Tomac slows, Dungey doesn't risk getting near Tomac so he slows, Anderson doesn't want to pass Dungey and put himself in a position between Dungey and Eli so he slows. Reed and Grant look amazing as they catch up to the last lap parade lap. Anderson finally says fawk it and drops the hammer on the clown show infront of him.
Hah! Perfect summary of the race....

The Shop

Beeby
5/7/2017 8:58pm
Beeby wrote:
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into...
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into the rest of the field and Reed doesn't care so went for it. I don't think he showed speed over everyone else. When you look at how fast Anderson caught him once he went past.
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and...
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and wide from the inside to do it.
Come on, you must realise the whole field was running a slower pace because Tomac was controlling it. If they were at full pace Reed would have been his usual 10+ seconds behind.
toroP
5/7/2017 9:52pm
toroP wrote:
He was speedy but left the door open to a known door buster. A podium or even the win was possible, but nope.
Mr. Ted wrote:
Why bust the door if it's already open?
If you know you've just passed a guy who will run it in when there is no space, why make it easy for him, invite him inside. If you can't protect the inside, check up, let him have it and go back to work.
toroP
5/7/2017 9:57pm
Beeby wrote:
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into...
I'm not convinced. I think Tomac slowed the field down, the Husky and KTM riders would not get involved in the championship so backed them into the rest of the field and Reed doesn't care so went for it. I don't think he showed speed over everyone else. When you look at how fast Anderson caught him once he went past.
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and...
haha this is so funny, you mean how Anderson caught Reed the next corner Reed passed him on and he had to run in hot and wide from the inside to do it.
Beeby wrote:
Come on, you must realise the whole field was running a slower pace because Tomac was controlling it. If they were at full pace Reed would...
Come on, you must realise the whole field was running a slower pace because Tomac was controlling it. If they were at full pace Reed would have been his usual 10+ seconds behind.
That's the point. Reed likely knew Tomac was playing games at the front, and just like JA did, thought he could steal a win.
Crush
5/7/2017 10:02pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 10:02pm
Beeby wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Come on, you must realise the whole field was running a slower pace because Tomac was controlling it. If they were at full pace Reed would...
Perhaps go look at the lap times from qualifying, heats and main...
block75
5/7/2017 11:28pm
I've been saying Reed should go to RCH for months he is better than the guys they have already he gets along with RC and Hart, Reed and goose know how to get an rmz to work and sx only could work in both the team and Reeds favour the guys pulls the biggest crowd reactions and the rmz was the best 'factory' bike for indoors he has been on.
Beeby
5/8/2017 5:53am
Beeby wrote:
Crush wrote:
Which will show what? That Reed would have led the main at the full pace? No one has ever said he cannot put a single lap together. He just cannot string a whole race load together at the pace of the others. Proven all season (and the last few seasons)
Crush
5/8/2017 6:36am
Shows he was on pace all day, qualifying, heats, main... And if the start positions were reversed he could have quite easily led the whole thing.

And considering he got taken out by another rider two laps from the end, not sure you can say he can't put the whole race together.

Zycki11
5/8/2017 7:25am
Beeby wrote:
Crush wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Which will show what? That Reed would have led the main at the full pace? No one has ever said he cannot put a single lap...
Which will show what? That Reed would have led the main at the full pace? No one has ever said he cannot put a single lap together. He just cannot string a whole race load together at the pace of the others. Proven all season (and the last few seasons)
You can't be serious? While he has been hit and miss with the expected norms. Hasn't been able to string a whole race load together? What about phoenix? A2 last year? Just sit down and stop talking. You won't look stupid if you don't type.
kaptkaos
5/8/2017 7:28am
I thought Chad was going to be a spoiler, I would bet his intentions were to move forward regardless of the title chase.

I am so glad Jason Parked him. I was worried he was going to get in the mix and take 4rth from RD.

Having the pack bunched up so tight up front is awesome as long as they are ALL racing forward, but that was not the case, Eli was controlling the pace from the lead which was causing chaos behind him and making Dungeys race difficult to manage.

I dont hate Chad, but I knew was going to play spoiler and his intentions were not good!

So Jason gets a XMas card from me this year.
JM485
5/8/2017 7:58am
kaptkaos wrote:
I thought Chad was going to be a spoiler, I would bet his intentions were to move forward regardless of the title chase. I am so...
I thought Chad was going to be a spoiler, I would bet his intentions were to move forward regardless of the title chase.

I am so glad Jason Parked him. I was worried he was going to get in the mix and take 4rth from RD.

Having the pack bunched up so tight up front is awesome as long as they are ALL racing forward, but that was not the case, Eli was controlling the pace from the lead which was causing chaos behind him and making Dungeys race difficult to manage.

I dont hate Chad, but I knew was going to play spoiler and his intentions were not good!

I guess I'll post this for a third time since nobody seems to pay attention to the broadcast when they watch it. He gave Ryan a long congratulations after the race was over, he wanted the win and that was it, there was no evil master plan to shake up the points. Ando pulled a bullshit move, even more so if it was team tactics because that kind of crap has no place in racing as far as I'm concerned, but it will never be proven whether it was or wasn't.
Beeby
5/8/2017 8:26am
Crush wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Which will show what? That Reed would have led the main at the full pace? No one has ever said he cannot put a single lap...
Zycki11 wrote:
You can't be serious? While he has been hit and miss with the expected norms. Hasn't been able to string a whole race load together? What...
You can't be serious? While he has been hit and miss with the expected norms. Hasn't been able to string a whole race load together? What about phoenix? A2 last year? Just sit down and stop talking. You won't look stupid if you don't type.
I may be many things, but I am not stupid. I'll never understand the internets need to try to resort to things directed at people, rather than conduct intelligent debate!

Anyway, you are right, his two results in the last two years do prove that he can run the pace. His 10.352 Average result this year just proves he must have just chosen not to most of the time.
Flip109
5/8/2017 8:40am
block75 wrote:
I've been saying Reed should go to RCH for months he is better than the guys they have already he gets along with RC and Hart...
I've been saying Reed should go to RCH for months he is better than the guys they have already he gets along with RC and Hart, Reed and goose know how to get an rmz to work and sx only could work in both the team and Reeds favour the guys pulls the biggest crowd reactions and the rmz was the best 'factory' bike for indoors he has been on.
I'm feeling this. Only thing is the new RMZ is unproven. Nobody knows how it handles in sx yet. The GP guys aren't screaming to the moon about how good it is.....

Going off of looks and suzukis background with great cornering bikes. I'd say he'd be a perfect fit. But until someone tests that bike out on sx. Hard to say.
C_Hart3
5/8/2017 8:59am
kaptkaos wrote:
I thought Chad was going to be a spoiler, I would bet his intentions were to move forward regardless of the title chase. I am so...

The race wasnt only difficult for Ryan, it was difficult for all of them. Eli for controlling the pace with some of the greatest, fastest, smartest riders behind him. Ando for not wanting to get in the middle of Eli and Ryan. Chad just wanted the win, hes been talking about it for a long time. No Reed does not have the speed anymore to keep up with the top guys but he's no dummy, he knew what Eli was doing and was gonna take advantage of it.
kaptkaos
5/8/2017 9:39am
And JA also knew what Chad was up to and he did what needed to be done, kudos to JA!

5/8/2017 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 12:44pm
Crush wrote:
Shows he was on pace all day, qualifying, heats, main... And if the start positions were reversed he could have quite easily led the whole thing...
Shows he was on pace all day, qualifying, heats, main... And if the start positions were reversed he could have quite easily led the whole thing.

And considering he got taken out by another rider two laps from the end, not sure you can say he can't put the whole race together.

Tomac slowed his pace down 2.7 seconds per lap after his fastest lap. You think Reed could have found 2.7 seconds per lap?
SoCalMX70
5/8/2017 1:00pm
kaptkaos wrote:
And JA also knew what Chad was up to and he did what needed to be done, kudos to JA!

What the hell is wrong with you?

His intentions were not good? JA knew what he was up to?

Reed was looking to get in there for a win, the end. Stop making shit up.
Dougy1
5/8/2017 1:49pm
kaptkaos wrote:

.. your kidding yourself if you think Chad was going to clean out Dungey he was going for the win for himself for his sponsors and most of all his family.. He was on it and iam pretty sure he would of done it hadn't he not got a bump from Anderson , although he left the door wayyy to open on that corner.
kaptkaos
5/8/2017 2:05pm
I didnt say he was going to clean him out but he doesnt give a damn about the title chase. I dont care to see Chad try to get a meaningless win when the leaders are not racing forward, and potentially affect the title outcome.

I like Chad but I dont care to see him affect the title. He had all year to do something and we already know hes a 5-10 place rider, no matter how much he denies it.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
5/8/2017 2:16pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I didnt say he was going to clean him out but he doesnt give a damn about the title chase. I dont care to see Chad...
I didnt say he was going to clean him out but he doesnt give a damn about the title chase. I dont care to see Chad try to get a meaningless win when the leaders are not racing forward, and potentially affect the title outcome.

I like Chad but I dont care to see him affect the title. He had all year to do something and we already know hes a 5-10 place rider, no matter how much he denies it.
And why should he give a damn about the title chase? He gets paid to win races if he can and finish as high as he can when he isn't able to win
kaptkaos
5/8/2017 2:26pm
I agree with what you are saying, its just my opinion that I am glad the way it worked out, bc a Chad Reed win in this particular race, at the expense of Ryans title is not something that I care to see, but I agree with what you stated.
Crush
5/8/2017 6:44pm
Crush wrote:
Shows he was on pace all day, qualifying, heats, main... And if the start positions were reversed he could have quite easily led the whole thing...

Tomac slowed his pace down 2.7 seconds per lap after his fastest lap. You think Reed could have found 2.7 seconds per lap?
Read what I said, and go look at lap times. He was on pace.
DFWracefan
5/8/2017 8:12pm
Talking about the season? His time on Yamaha? Or career?

bangmyhead
5/8/2017 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 8:22pm
chad is a teenage girl that happens to be good at riding a dirtscooter.

who really cares if hell be back next year. 2004 was a long time ago
malachi177
5/8/2017 8:22pm
JM485 wrote:
I guess I'll post this for a third time since nobody seems to pay attention to the broadcast when they watch it. He gave Ryan a...
I guess I'll post this for a third time since nobody seems to pay attention to the broadcast when they watch it. He gave Ryan a long congratulations after the race was over, he wanted the win and that was it, there was no evil master plan to shake up the points. Ando pulled a bullshit move, even more so if it was team tactics because that kind of crap has no place in racing as far as I'm concerned, but it will never be proven whether it was or wasn't.
No JA tactics or team tactics ( Red Bull and Rockstar are rivals along with Monster ffs)...that was retaliation for Reed running him high in the corner or two before hand. Reed picked the wrong guy to do an aggressive pass on, nothing more.
jemcee
5/8/2017 8:23pm
kaptkaos wrote:
I didnt say he was going to clean him out but he doesnt give a damn about the title chase. I dont care to see Chad...

So anyone wanting to not just sit behind Eli holding everyone up had bad intentions? Or just Reed? The guy you obviously like and don't hate you just don't want him to take advantage and wreck Ryan's title.. Even though him winning would've been better for Dungey..

Post a reply to: Chad reed

The Latest