Chase Sexton

robotsfrom
6/21/2020 5:14pm
Colt Nicols made a really poor decision there.
hartebreak wrote:
That was as much Sextons fault as it was Colts.
Not much Sexton can do when he's committed to a triple triple like that. That's a full commitment type of section. Colt looked back and hooked a right. Just lucky it didn't end anyones night.
robotsfrom
6/21/2020 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2020 5:17pm
“Shane was playing games, which is whatever..”

Cry me a damn river.
capeway215 wrote:
Classic Sexton uses his championship speech to whine... gutted for Shane yet another red flag
Not really whining when he's commenting on the race. How can someone talk about the race and not acknowledge that happening? He let Shane by to avoid any funny business and Shane slowed up then let him back by and he bailed. Some games were played by both parties.

RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
6/21/2020 5:16pm
Colt Nicols made a really poor decision there.
hartebreak wrote:
robotsfrom wrote:
Not much Sexton can do when he's committed to a triple triple like that. That's a full commitment type of section. Colt looked back and hooked...
Not much Sexton can do when he's committed to a triple triple like that. That's a full commitment type of section. Colt looked back and hooked a right. Just lucky it didn't end anyones night.
It did end Colt's night.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
6/21/2020 5:20pm
hartebreak wrote:
robotsfrom wrote:
Not much Sexton can do when he's committed to a triple triple like that. That's a full commitment type of section. Colt looked back and hooked...
RichieW13 wrote:
It did end Colt's night.
And with Colt's antics there, that's on Colt.

The Shop

robotsfrom
6/21/2020 5:21pm
hartebreak wrote:
robotsfrom wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
It did end Colt's night.
That's a bummer. I saw him qualify just thought maybe it was a slow go in the main. Any word of an injury?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
6/21/2020 5:24pm
robotsfrom wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
It did end Colt's night.
Press516 wrote:
And with Colt's antics there, that's on Colt.
Yeah, I give him at least 75% of the blame pie. That "look back" is incriminating.

Skuzzy29
6/21/2020 5:26pm
robotsfrom wrote:
That's a bummer. I saw him qualify just thought maybe it was a slow go in the main. Any word of an injury?
Matthes said broken arm.
hamncheeze
6/21/2020 5:31pm
robotsfrom wrote:
Skuzzy29 wrote:
Matthes said broken arm.
Blair said on the broadcast that Nichols came back with his right wrist heavily wrapped, so yeah either arm or wrist. Shit luck for 13, but partially self-induced.
Skuzzy29
6/21/2020 5:32pm
robotsfrom wrote:
Skuzzy29 wrote:
Matthes said broken arm.
hamncheeze wrote:
Blair said on the broadcast that Nichols came back with his right wrist heavily wrapped, so yeah either arm or wrist. Shit luck for 13, but...
Blair said on the broadcast that Nichols came back with his right wrist heavily wrapped, so yeah either arm or wrist. Shit luck for 13, but partially self-induced.
Yeah, I remember he said that and that they weren't working on getting his bike ready.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
6/21/2020 9:04pm
FYI, Forkner passed Oldenberg in the exact same way, but Oldenberg didn't brain fart and turn right.
VRR7
6/21/2020 10:57pm
It is called cross jumping. Everyone knows it is a dangerous no no !
Motofinne
6/21/2020 11:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2020 11:35pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Nichols looks over, sees Chase, and goes all the way across the track. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/21/433698/s1200_Nichols_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/21/433700/s1200_Nichols_Idiot_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/21/433701/s1200_Nichols_Idiot_2.jpg[/img]
Nichols looks over, sees Chase, and goes all the way across the track.

Imagine thinking Sexton has more than 20% of this "blame pie". One of the worst moves in years from Nichols.

Now when i start thinking what would've happened even if Sexton doesn't triple and only doubles the section. There is still a possibility that Sexton crashes into Nichols.
tek14
6/22/2020 12:25am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Nichols looks over, sees Chase, and goes all the way across the track. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/21/433698/s1200_Nichols_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/21/433700/s1200_Nichols_Idiot_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/21/433701/s1200_Nichols_Idiot_2.jpg[/img]

Motofinne wrote:
Imagine thinking Sexton has more than 20% of this "blame pie". One of the worst moves in years from Nichols. Now when i start thinking what...
Imagine thinking Sexton has more than 20% of this "blame pie". One of the worst moves in years from Nichols.

Now when i start thinking what would've happened even if Sexton doesn't triple and only doubles the section. There is still a possibility that Sexton crashes into Nichols.
Why would you risk jumping triple into corner when you just have to cruise one more lap. Sexton didnt think big picture and too risk. He was lucky to get away imagine if he was one who broke hand? Nichols move wasnt good but Sexton should have known better.
kkawboy14
6/22/2020 12:27am
There was no shortage of crazy out there by a lot of people in all the races last night
mxjon454
6/22/2020 12:41am
“Shane was playing games, which is whatever..”

Cry me a damn river.
capeway215 wrote:
Classic Sexton uses his championship speech to whine... gutted for Shane yet another red flag
Chase and Shane raced the same races. Chase was just the better man this year. Put McElrath on that Geico Honda and I don’t think he would’ve really been as close as he was to Sexton this year. McElrath had the best bike in the class and couldn’t get it done. He still has the outdoor season to try and get a title in the 250 class, but I think it’s going to be very hard for him with Ferrandis, Cooper, and JMart outdoors
kiwifan
6/22/2020 12:41am
TriRacer27 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Imagine thinking Sexton has more than 20% of this "blame pie". One of the worst moves in years from Nichols. Now when i start thinking what...

tek14 wrote:
Why would you risk jumping triple into corner when you just have to cruise one more lap. Sexton didnt think big picture and too risk. He...
Why would you risk jumping triple into corner when you just have to cruise one more lap. Sexton didnt think big picture and too risk. He was lucky to get away imagine if he was one who broke hand? Nichols move wasnt good but Sexton should have known better.
So in the split second of racing (not slow motion or stills) you should expect a rider to cross jump in your way, and just let him take your line and position? really?

I remember when Trey used to do what Colt did...a lot...and got absolutely lambasted on Vital, now it seems its the other riders fault ...go figure
mxjon454
6/22/2020 12:49am
731chopper wrote:
Chase definitely ramped up his speed this year but he also became very arrogant and entitled in my opinion. He’s young, I get it, but I...
Chase definitely ramped up his speed this year but he also became very arrogant and entitled in my opinion. He’s young, I get it, but I have a feeling he’s about to get a large serving of well needed humble pie in the 450 class.
I don’t think he became arrogant and entitled. I feel like he’s really putting in the work during the week and he’s taking all of this very seriously. I don’t see any doubt in him and he’s there to get the job done. He’s reminding me of Dungey out there. No time for bs. He has a multi year 450 deal with factory Honda and knows the investment that they’re putting into him and knows that he’s probably going to be taking over Kennys spot in a couple years their main guy. I just feel like he’s not at the track to make friends, he’s there to get the job done. Just my opinion.
mxjon454
6/22/2020 12:55am
Zycki11 wrote:
Huh??? They sure have, that’s setting up for the turn. Your not staying to the inside, to single and then try and triple.
DonM wrote:
Was the corner before the triple Sexton had been setting up to cut the guys from the outside to make the pass....Colt cut over to block...
Was the corner before the triple Sexton had been setting up to cut the guys from the outside to make the pass....Colt cut over to block while Chase was in the air...
Zycki11 wrote:
I’m actually starting to wonder if you have raced and understand race craft and lines. Looking over to block a line? Absolutely, knowing the guy is...
I’m actually starting to wonder if you have raced and understand race craft and lines. Looking over to block a line? Absolutely, knowing the guy is going to do a bonehead move and triple to the inside that nobody did all day long? Not a snowballs chance.

Because of Sextons boneheaded move, Colt is hurt for no reason. Sucks ass for him.
Look at the pictures and look at Chases body positioning as Colt is looking over at him. It clearly looks like Chase is committed to tripling into the corner and Colt still decides to cut over on him. I like Colt, but that was a stupid move on his part.
Crush
6/22/2020 1:05am
I am constantly boggled and how anyone in here can defend a rider cross jumping through a rhythm section...

The riders who do it, intentional or not, usually get delt with by the rider suffering it, and even if that isn't the case, why would you put yourself in harm's way?
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
6/22/2020 1:39am
Sexton has everything for him to be the next superstar
6/22/2020 4:44am
Zycki11 wrote:
Riding behind someone it is your responsibility to not jump on the rider in front. NOBODY tripled to the inside in that corner. It was not...
Riding behind someone it is your responsibility to not jump on the rider in front. NOBODY tripled to the inside in that corner. It was not a bright move by sexton. Riders were going from the outside down that rhythm lane to the inside and singling to jump the triple. Nichols did nothing wrong.
Please tell me you don’t ride on tracks with other people! Seriously watch the race again and be quiet.
NOBODY tripled to inside??? Sexton literally tripled to the inside the lap before and almost blocked him- hence why Colt cross jumped across to try and block him when they collided. Sexton also used this combo to pass Pierce Brown!
Colt looked straight over at him before going across, he probably anticipated Chase to shut down and double it but he had already committed.
If Colt holds his line on left, Chase triples to inside- blocks them from doing next triple and they both ride into the main event.
Chase intent was to block Colt in the corner.
Colt intent was to block Chase run through a section of jumps by cross jumping. (Much riskier).
I like Colt, it sucks he is hurt again as he was riding well and would of carried momentum into outdoors.
6/22/2020 4:49am
Crush wrote:
I am constantly boggled and how anyone in here can defend a rider cross jumping through a rhythm section... The riders who do it, intentional or...
I am constantly boggled and how anyone in here can defend a rider cross jumping through a rhythm section...

The riders who do it, intentional or not, usually get delt with by the rider suffering it, and even if that isn't the case, why would you put yourself in harm's way?
Crushed it.. thank you.
#BogglesTheMind
I just watched it in slow mo- Colt looked over and veered right. Can’t believe he did it.. obviously trying to shut down Chases momentum but it was too late.
mac3-d
6/22/2020 5:23am
Travis Pastranas first year he jumped a triple into corner crashing with other rider & the talk was TP was going to be banned Laughing . But the look back by Colt & then cross jumping was lame
Crush
6/22/2020 5:25am
Crush wrote:
I am constantly boggled and how anyone in here can defend a rider cross jumping through a rhythm section... The riders who do it, intentional or...

Crushed it.. thank you. #BogglesTheMind I just watched it in slow mo- Colt looked over and veered right. Can’t believe he did it.. obviously trying to...
Crushed it.. thank you.
#BogglesTheMind
I just watched it in slow mo- Colt looked over and veered right. Can’t believe he did it.. obviously trying to shut down Chases momentum but it was too late.
The fact that people on moto-boards justify it also spooks me out, like are you carnts at the practice track cross jumping Joe Bloggs too?
Zycki11
6/22/2020 7:16am
DonM wrote:
Was the corner before the triple Sexton had been setting up to cut the guys from the outside to make the pass....Colt cut over to block...
Was the corner before the triple Sexton had been setting up to cut the guys from the outside to make the pass....Colt cut over to block while Chase was in the air...
Zycki11 wrote:
I’m actually starting to wonder if you have raced and understand race craft and lines. Looking over to block a line? Absolutely, knowing the guy is...
I’m actually starting to wonder if you have raced and understand race craft and lines. Looking over to block a line? Absolutely, knowing the guy is going to do a bonehead move and triple to the inside that nobody did all day long? Not a snowballs chance.

Because of Sextons boneheaded move, Colt is hurt for no reason. Sucks ass for him.
neysbo wrote:
Look at the pictures , clearly Colt looked back and cut over knowing Chase was already committed all in a effort to hopefully hurt Chase and...
Look at the pictures , clearly Colt looked back and cut over knowing Chase was already committed all in a effort to hopefully hurt Chase and help Shane . Hope Colt gets a bonus from Star for at least trying
Yeah because things happen at the level they race compared to the +50 ktm vet class.... cutting to the inside is not out of the ordinary. Especially when that is the premier RACE LINE
neysbo
6/22/2020 7:26am
Zycki11 wrote:

neysbo wrote:
Look at the pictures , clearly Colt looked back and cut over knowing Chase was already committed all in a effort to hopefully hurt Chase and...
Look at the pictures , clearly Colt looked back and cut over knowing Chase was already committed all in a effort to hopefully hurt Chase and help Shane . Hope Colt gets a bonus from Star for at least trying
Zycki11 wrote:
Yeah because things happen at the level they race compared to the +50 ktm vet class.... cutting to the inside is not out of the ordinary...
Yeah because things happen at the level they race compared to the +50 ktm vet class.... cutting to the inside is not out of the ordinary. Especially when that is the premier RACE LINE
LOL. this is your riding form , now we get where your thinking comes from.
Zycki11
6/22/2020 7:33am
neysbo wrote:
LOL. this is your riding form , now we get where your thinking comes from. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/22/433752/s1200_14E325CA_2BF5_49F3_8DC4_538E72B76F40.jpg[/img]
LOL. this is your riding form , now we get where your thinking comes from.
Haha 😂 that’s what you got. An old photo the old man took that I leave up? The same could be said for your C class jumping technique. But with that said. I raced in B and +25. Got a few wins in both as well.
m121c
6/22/2020 7:34am
I don’t understand why it can’t be both sides lol.

I think it was not smart of Colt to 3-3 the lap before, but this time go 3-2-1, and go from left to right while looking back at Chase.

I think it was not smart of Chase to not anticipate Colt shutting the door on the last lap.. especially since he tried that the lap before.

I don’t dislike Shane... but it’s starting to be difficult to root for the Star Yamaha team based on their actions these past couple years. I get teammates this teammates that, but it’s been clear since they have been in SLC that Star has done everything they can do in the book of team tactics. Theres the whole practice/start intimidations, Shane being apart of the the whole practice start pile up, then theres Shane letting up in the main. Idk.. something about that team that makes me not trust them one bit compared to anyone else in the pits... although Jett did take a good shot at Shane in the main.. but Im sure Geico had some personal feelings built up from the actions earlier in the day.

Anyways, was good to see Chase prove to the industry that last year may have been “handed” to him, but this year he was THE 250 guy. Especially after all the “east is soft” talk.. he made that main event his bitch, even after the little cat/mouse game.
Snapper
6/22/2020 7:45am
250's couldn't jump the triple from the inside where Chase is heading too, so he'd had double-singled.

Nichols just had to check up out wide and square the corner, clear the triple, and it would have been see ya later.
Crush
6/22/2020 7:46am
Snapper wrote:
250's couldn't jump the triple from the inside where Chase is heading too, so he'd had double-singled. Nichols just had to check up out wide and...
250's couldn't jump the triple from the inside where Chase is heading too, so he'd had double-singled.

Nichols just had to check up out wide and square the corner, clear the triple, and it would have been see ya later.
Pretty sure Jet jumped it from the inside in the heat.

Post a reply to: Chase Sexton

The Latest