Chatting with Reed

jeffro503
1/5/2018 11:09pm
Oh yeah!....And thanks Steve! that was a good one!
mxgoon
1/6/2018 12:15am
Give him the lit kit award now. It's over!!
1/6/2018 12:34am
Looking at his bike in the pics earlier quick question, Seems to me reeds plastic, namely the radiator shrouds and number plates/sub frame area plastics look different from both Andersons and Musquins bikes?? It almost looks like he's running modded ktm radiator shrouds and then slightly different shaped ktm one-piece number plates. Both are slightly different than both Anderson and musquins, what's going on there, neither is the same?? I'm not a ktm or husky guy at all so forgive any incompetence on my part lol
Dave #125
1/6/2018 1:29am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 1:29am
jeffro503 wrote:
Man , how can you not dig Chad's honesty on stuff? I am pumped for the guy , mainly because I think he just genuinely loves...
Man , how can you not dig Chad's honesty on stuff? I am pumped for the guy , mainly because I think he just genuinely loves the racing more than anything else. You can hear it in his voice about " How sexy the curves are on this new Husky " and so forth.....the dude just freakin' loves dirt bikes. He's a Vet rider that refuses to let age get in the way , and even though he's bitched a ton over the years , you know what?.....he still keeps coming back for more , and willing to trade paint!

Fuck yeah Chad , and I hope you whoop some ass this year!
Just loves the sport like all of us!!
Whats the bet he has the biggest line up for autographs.. 36yrs old in march n still hungry. Gotta love it !!

The Shop

1/6/2018 4:54am
jeffro503 wrote:
Man , how can you not dig Chad's honesty on stuff? I am pumped for the guy , mainly because I think he just genuinely loves...
Man , how can you not dig Chad's honesty on stuff? I am pumped for the guy , mainly because I think he just genuinely loves the racing more than anything else. You can hear it in his voice about " How sexy the curves are on this new Husky " and so forth.....the dude just freakin' loves dirt bikes. He's a Vet rider that refuses to let age get in the way , and even though he's bitched a ton over the years , you know what?.....he still keeps coming back for more , and willing to trade paint!

Fuck yeah Chad , and I hope you whoop some ass this year!
Dave #125 wrote:
Just loves the sport like all of us!! Whats the bet he has the biggest line up for autographs.. 36yrs old in march n still hungry...
Just loves the sport like all of us!!
Whats the bet he has the biggest line up for autographs.. 36yrs old in march n still hungry. Gotta love it !!
I wouldn't count him out on doing it till 40yo. And why not?
toroP
1/6/2018 5:57am
And he wonders why he had to source his own bikes. Reed clearly needs to think before opening the barn doors.
Clearly. He’ll never build a career if he behaves like that.Dry
Jmicmoto13
1/6/2018 6:06am
TeamGreen wrote:
Here, let me explain what Chad said in the interview and at the presser... There are two bulls standing on a hill overlooking a pasture full...
Here, let me explain what Chad said in the interview and at the presser...

There are two bulls standing on a hill overlooking a pasture full of cows. The younger bull, eager, but lacking experience, says to the old bull “Hey, let’s run down there and f@#k ourselves a cow.” The old bull, who has spent season after season in this pasture, turns to the younger bull, chuckles, and replies “Nah, how about we walk down there, and f@#k them all.”

Chad, truly, is the old bull.
Old Bulls KNOW.
What an, interesting analogy...
1/6/2018 6:38am
TeamGreen wrote:
Here, let me explain what Chad said in the interview and at the presser... There are two bulls standing on a hill overlooking a pasture full...

There are two bulls standing on a hill overlooking a pasture full of cows. The younger bull, eager, but lacking experience, says to the old bull “Hey, let’s run down there and f@#k ourselves a cow.” The old bull, who has spent season after season in this pasture, turns to the younger bull, chuckles, and replies “Nah, how about we walk down there, and f@#k them all.”

Old Bulls KNOW.
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Aka. Fuck the haters...
Johnny Ringo
1/6/2018 7:11am
Interesting point that he couldn't track down an FE. Aren't there supposed to be 500 units available? Or do they have until a certain date to get them in?
davistld01
1/6/2018 7:18am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 7:20am
And he wonders why he had to source his own bikes. Reed clearly needs to think before opening the barn doors.
toroP wrote:
Clearly. He’ll never build a career if he behaves like that.Dry
One thing for sure...he's used up every brand out there pretty much except Husky by now, and pretty much slagged them all after saying how great they were and how stoked he was to ride on them right after he signed on. I'm wondering how Husqvarna likes to see Reed running KYB suspension rather than WP units. I know he can run whatever he wants on his own team...but I'd say that also shows what he thinks about OEM as well.

All that said...I doubt seriously if Reedy give a damn at all. He's still a crowd favorite, still fast, still cool...and still has the biggest mouth in pro dirt bike racing. And...he always lands on his feet. I hope the guy shuts me up and wins at least one overall this year! Racing is much better with a comfortable Chad Reed than without him!
Motofinne
1/6/2018 7:28am
Interesting point that he couldn't track down an FE. Aren't there supposed to be 500 units available? Or do they have until a certain date to...
Interesting point that he couldn't track down an FE. Aren't there supposed to be 500 units available? Or do they have until a certain date to get them in?
It's a certain date if i remember right.

Maybe ML knows the exact date?
Donovan759
1/6/2018 8:05am
Really great interview. A lot of really cool info and some great points made too. Go CR22. Excited to see him lining up again this year. Maybe his last.
TeamGreen
1/6/2018 8:17am
TeamGreen wrote:

Old Bulls KNOW.
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Aka. Fuck the haters...
Actually, I ain't seeing much hate...mostly I'm seeing "the stoke" about Chad having the balls to just go out there & do it on his own.

Besides, haters are gonna hate. Who cares. They can jus' go EaBoD's on Bitch Island.
Rhino
1/6/2018 8:33am
Crush wrote:
Having broken my Talus, which is now fused, I can say it'd have been pretty fucking difficult to exercise. It's a leg up, completely non-weight bearing...
Having broken my Talus, which is now fused, I can say it'd have been pretty fucking difficult to exercise.

It's a leg up, completely non-weight bearing injury for a long time... I think he said it was 10 weeks from injury to A1, and the Doc said 12 weeks... I was able to exercise the last few weeks of mine but I was in various forms of a cast for almost 4 months...

I'm not worried about his fitness anyways, he's proven he can do it carrying a bit of heft.... Him being comfortable with the bike will be the predominant factor on if he goes fast or not, and going fast will determine his effort for the rest of the year. If he's quick, he'll dig. If it's not there he'll ride around dis-interested like last year.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
1/6/2018 9:15am
Quick question.Who holds the record for all time main events made in Supercross, and how close is Chad Reed to breaking it?

While re-watching the Supercross season last week, I remember someone on the broadcast saying that Reed was close to breaking ut, and that he would need to go well into this season to do so. On last years broadcast they said that record was his motivation for being out there. So was just curious where he stood.
ob
1/6/2018 9:23am
I bet he's on KYB because of some past connection with them. He's never worked with WP that I know of, they don't just had out factory spec 52mm stuff to anybody. Especially since he supposedly had to buy the bikes, I'm sure those factory suspenders would be a big expense, plus all the service and testing a guy like Reed needs. Must just be cheaper to do all the KYB development instead. I hope he kicks ass.
tuggy450
1/6/2018 11:04am
Quick question.Who holds the record for all time main events made in Supercross, and how close is Chad Reed to breaking it?
answer? this guy

andyman
1/6/2018 11:25am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Based on his fitness and lack of testing, I'm just hoping he gets into the main without any issues. That's his goal, and it makes sense...
Based on his fitness and lack of testing, I'm just hoping he gets into the main without any issues. That's his goal, and it makes sense for now. As a long time fan I'd like to see podiums in the east rounds and a Vegas win if the cards go his way...
Rhino wrote:
That's just laziness. His whole body should be 100% except the leg.
He obviously trains zero.

Does he talk somewhere his training off the bike? I kinda think that he looks ok, and much leaner than earlier on offseaseon.
The Candyman
1/6/2018 11:55am
TeamGreen wrote:

Old Bulls KNOW.
F@$k yeah bro!
1/6/2018 6:37pm
ob wrote:
I bet he's on KYB because of some past connection with them. He's never worked with WP that I know of, they don't just had out...
I bet he's on KYB because of some past connection with them. He's never worked with WP that I know of, they don't just had out factory spec 52mm stuff to anybody. Especially since he supposedly had to buy the bikes, I'm sure those factory suspenders would be a big expense, plus all the service and testing a guy like Reed needs. Must just be cheaper to do all the KYB development instead. I hope he kicks ass.
Yeah that was what he said on the vital mx interview, basically because he didn't get time to test with WP he went with what he already knew.
coolhand
1/6/2018 6:42pm

? Guy in Chair on shit load of Winny? .... uhhhh...its Reed's ankle...Next!
Crush
1/6/2018 7:00pm
Crush wrote:
Having broken my Talus, which is now fused, I can say it'd have been pretty fucking difficult to exercise. It's a leg up, completely non-weight bearing...
Having broken my Talus, which is now fused, I can say it'd have been pretty fucking difficult to exercise.

It's a leg up, completely non-weight bearing injury for a long time... I think he said it was 10 weeks from injury to A1, and the Doc said 12 weeks... I was able to exercise the last few weeks of mine but I was in various forms of a cast for almost 4 months...

I'm not worried about his fitness anyways, he's proven he can do it carrying a bit of heft.... Him being comfortable with the bike will be the predominant factor on if he goes fast or not, and going fast will determine his effort for the rest of the year. If he's quick, he'll dig. If it's not there he'll ride around dis-interested like last year.
Rhino wrote:
[img]https://k.b5z.net/i/u/6032513/i/Colt_Wynn_-_Bio_Main.jpg[/img]
Does that look like less than 10 weeks worth of results AND/OR without the use of PEDs AND/OR beneficial for Supercross?
Glen
1/6/2018 8:10pm
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Aka. Fuck the haters...
TeamGreen wrote:
Actually, I ain't seeing much hate...mostly I'm seeing "the stoke" about Chad having the balls to just go out there & do it on his own...
Actually, I ain't seeing much hate...mostly I'm seeing "the stoke" about Chad having the balls to just go out there & do it on his own.

Besides, haters are gonna hate. Who cares. They can jus' go EaBoD's on Bitch Island.
Guys, it's a quote from the movie "Colors". I think it was Robert Duvall and Sean Penn

Post a reply to: Chatting with Reed

The Latest