MXGP silly season 2020

chris92six
7/16/2019 1:49am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2020 3:08pm
Any word on him? How is the recovery process going? Is he thinking about hanging up the boots? Rumor on the paddock is that febvre signed with kawi for 2020.
|
Motofinne
7/16/2019 1:59am
Febvre is indeed going to Kawi (done deal), i would guess that they'll have him and Desalle for next year?
7/16/2019 2:20am
Motofinne wrote:
Febvre is indeed going to Kawi (done deal), i would guess that they'll have him and Desalle for next year?
I’d pick Lieber over Desalle. Clement is a great rider but I think he’s best days are behind him now. Lieber is younger & he’s done better than I expected him to do on the 450, plus he can bring money to the team which is much needed unfortunately these days.

The Shop

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
7/16/2019 2:23am
Taddy347 wrote:
Yes, Lieber is out.
Damn there goes my theory.
Lieber still got LRT option in his back pocket. Cool
tek14
7/16/2019 2:45am
Lieber will find ride for next year. He been actually really good this year.
Cortami79
7/16/2019 2:46am
Worst kept secret Febvre signing for Kawasaki lol. As much as I love Lieber, Desalle deserves that spot on the team. Proven top 3 finisher every year. IMO a factory team shouldn’t rely on paid riders
chris92six
7/16/2019 5:10am
Taddy347 wrote:
Yes, Lieber is out.
Damn there goes my theory.
Lieber still got LRT option in his back pocket. Cool
Maybe we will see another kawi backed team... LRT Kawi 🤔
roninho
7/16/2019 7:01am
Is LRT still active? I would assume it is a lot easier (and probably cheaper) to just take his money and get a place in a (semi)-factory team.

So who is rumoured to be the new #2 rider at HRC? Lieber is a massive upgrade over Bogers and brings money.
Taddy347
7/16/2019 7:03am
roninho wrote:
Is LRT still active? I would assume it is a lot easier (and probably cheaper) to just take his money and get a place in a...
Is LRT still active? I would assume it is a lot easier (and probably cheaper) to just take his money and get a place in a (semi)-factory team.

So who is rumoured to be the new #2 rider at HRC? Lieber is a massive upgrade over Bogers and brings money.
Seewer is rumoured
tek14
7/16/2019 7:20am
roninho wrote:
Is LRT still active? I would assume it is a lot easier (and probably cheaper) to just take his money and get a place in a...

Taddy347 wrote:
Seewer is rumoured
Who will stay at Yamaha then.. Paulin and Tonus 2 man team?
KTM will have Cairoli, Prado and Herlings.
Honda Gajser and Seewer.
Kawasaki Febvre and Desalle.
Husky Jonas and Jasikonis?
Suzuki no team?

7/16/2019 8:18am
Damn I had no idea about Febvre to Kawi. That's awesome. Kawi is my favorite team, Desalle my favorite rider, and Febvre up there as well. That's going to be a stud team if they can all stay healthy!

Also, Seewer is seriously leaving again? That will be his 4th team in 4 years and a new team every year on the 450. I'm a big fan of his as well.
7/16/2019 9:59am
Bogers has got to be out at HRC, Vlaanderen not taking over that spot then?

Any rumours where Jacobi & Sterry are going?
Ray_MXS
7/16/2019 10:20am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 10:22am
Damn I had no idea about Febvre to Kawi. That's awesome. Kawi is my favorite team, Desalle my favorite rider, and Febvre up there as well...
Damn I had no idea about Febvre to Kawi. That's awesome. Kawi is my favorite team, Desalle my favorite rider, and Febvre up there as well. That's going to be a stud team if they can all stay healthy!

Also, Seewer is seriously leaving again? That will be his 4th team in 4 years and a new team every year on the 450. I'm a big fan of his as well.
Seewer signed a contract to ride for Yamaha late in the year when Suzuki folded so they made room for him at Wilvo for a year before bringing him to the monster energy squad this year. It's wasn't really a proper team switch as Wilvo and factory Yamaha is super close, so much in fact that Wilvo is now becoming the official factory team in 2020, which is ironic because I believe Seewer pushed hard to end up at Rinaldi and now it left him without a ride. It's not really by choice or by bad results, it's just really bad luck. Also, Suzuki folding was hardly his fault either. But 2 years on a team isn't all that odd, and I'd consider his time at Wilvo/ME Yamaha as one team really
7/16/2019 10:31am
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this talk about Lieber bringing money?
Lieber is paying the team to ride their bike, not the other way around. Happend more often than you think Ken De Dyker did it with KTM years ago
Bidirella
7/16/2019 10:47am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2019 10:48am

Expect Jacobi to go to back to a German team and doing MXGP. Mayby same team he was running last year. Same kind of Nagl is doing with Sarholz KTM

For Sterry the same, i only see a GB team pick him up for the MXGP and the GB nationals.

It will be a mess with so many riders for MXGP and not so many rides..
Motofinne
7/16/2019 10:59am
I could see Sterry on a RFX KTM bike in 2020.
SEMAC
7/16/2019 2:33pm
If I was JGR I Will sign him for the outdoors, the times he raced in América he did awesome
Cortami79
7/16/2019 3:32pm
SEMAC wrote:
If I was JGR I Will sign him for the outdoors, the times he raced in América he did awesome
I understand what you’re saying, but Desalle is fine in the GP’s. He has made tons of money (unfortunately no championship bonusses), has a family and really had/has a great career. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him riding his final season in 2020.

For MXGP, I think the teams look like this for next season:
KTM: Herlings, Cairoli, Prado
KTM Standing: Coldenhoff, Monticelli
YAMAHA: Tonus, Paulin(?)
KAWASAKI: Febvre, Desalle
HONDA: Gajser, Seewer
HUSKY: Jasikonis, Jonass

That leaves open spots for following riders: Lieber, Anstie, JVH89, Vlaanderen, Jacobi, Bogers, Sterry, Watson, Butron, Simpson(?)

Hopefully Suzuki will come back with some sort of team, maybe Jacky Martens?
SEMAC
7/16/2019 3:37pm
I am almost sure , at the Last minutes, they are going to change the rules, so Prado Will spend another season in MX2, wich would be fair, considering his age
Cortami79
7/16/2019 3:38pm
Double post, but MX2 should be really good

Title contenders:
YAMAHA: Geerts
HUSKY: Olsen and maybe Beaton
KTM: Vialle
KAWASAKI: Pootjes/Vd Moosdijk
HONDA: Evans

More and more open spots in these teams. Would be nice to see some EMX250 Talent coming up. Also, curious who would be placed next to Vialle. Is Geerts open or does he has a contract already?

SEMAC
7/16/2019 3:40pm
And for De Salle, the nationals are only 3 months, and if the pay is good enough, i dont see any problem althoug that is not going to hapen
Bidirella
7/16/2019 10:05pm
Cortami79 wrote:
Double post, but MX2 should be really good Title contenders: YAMAHA: Geerts HUSKY: Olsen and maybe Beaton KTM: Vialle KAWASAKI: Pootjes/Vd Moosdijk HONDA: Evans More and...

Title contenders:

More and more open spots in these teams. Would be nice to see some EMX250 Talent coming up. Also, curious who would be placed next to Vialle. Is Geerts open or does he has a contract already?

With Maddi becoming the Factory Husky team, i can see Forato get that spot. And well deserved IMO. If that guy gets a Factory bike and loose a few pounds he will be a front runner in GPMX2
7/16/2019 10:20pm
SEMAC wrote:
Cortami79 wrote:
I understand what you’re saying, but Desalle is fine in the GP’s. He has made tons of money (unfortunately no championship bonusses), has a family and...
I understand what you’re saying, but Desalle is fine in the GP’s. He has made tons of money (unfortunately no championship bonusses), has a family and really had/has a great career. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him riding his final season in 2020.

For MXGP, I think the teams look like this for next season:
KTM: Herlings, Cairoli, Prado
KTM Standing: Coldenhoff, Monticelli
YAMAHA: Tonus, Paulin(?)
KAWASAKI: Febvre, Desalle
HONDA: Gajser, Seewer
HUSKY: Jasikonis, Jonass

That leaves open spots for following riders: Lieber, Anstie, JVH89, Vlaanderen, Jacobi, Bogers, Sterry, Watson, Butron, Simpson(?)

Hopefully Suzuki will come back with some sort of team, maybe Jacky Martens?
I’m pretty sure, Watson has one more year in MX2.
7/17/2019 12:33am

Money talks. Since HSF logistics is 1 of the biggest sponsors of HRC and the sponsor who took Bogers with him there, I wouldn't count Bogers out yet. If HSF wants him to stay there, HRC will keep Bogers.
7/17/2019 12:35am
SEMAC wrote:
I am almost sure , at the Last minutes, they are going to change the rules, so Prado Will spend another season in MX2, wich would...
I am almost sure , at the Last minutes, they are going to change the rules, so Prado Will spend another season in MX2, wich would be fair, considering his age
Prado doesn't want to stay in MX2 himself. He is wants to go to MXGP, rules or no rules....
struth
7/17/2019 12:50am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2019 4:45am
Cortami79 wrote:
Double post, but MX2 should be really good Title contenders: YAMAHA: Geerts HUSKY: Olsen and maybe Beaton KTM: Vialle KAWASAKI: Pootjes/Vd Moosdijk HONDA: Evans More and...

Title contenders:

Hoepfully evans can go to team HRC ...
St Ann More
7/17/2019 12:55am
SEMAC wrote:
Desalle ain't cheap.

Heck, RCH approached him for an outdoor only contract and Kyle Bentley said he "wanted a lot of money".

Even with prize money, doing the nationals without an excellent base salary isn't going to get him over.

Post a reply to: MXGP silly season 2020

The Latest