MXGP silly season 2020

7/18/2019 5:08am
chris92six wrote:
And word on the street (matthes) is that moreau has signed a us deal with tld ktm...
Seems like a done deal.
Motofinne wrote:
That is a big, big gamble. The talent is there but he has difficulties with doing anything with it.
He’s still young though, and can ride sx. I’ve said for years that he’s the next young frenchie moving over to the US. He has always seemed like a guy who will move to the US as quickly as possible.

As for Husky’s MX2 effort, I was pretty sure that IceOne was gonna take over both factory teams, but I guess things can change. Wonder what Haarup’s situation is like? He seems to be forgotten in all these team talks.
roninho
7/18/2019 5:13am
If true, that's the second time that would happen to Jacky Martens as Wilvo (Louis Vosters) was also 1 of the biggest teamsponsors of JM Racing...
If true, that's the second time that would happen to Jacky Martens as Wilvo (Louis Vosters) was also 1 of the biggest teamsponsors of JM Racing and wanted his own team as well. Not much sponsors left for Martens then....
I think i read an interview with Martens a few years ago that he had a group of 30 sponsors (sort of like a business club) who he build starting during his riding career. That group provided a nice base sponsorship for his team. It sounded like that's the first 300k-ish euros for the team.
Obviously the main sponsor and factory support is still needed for a top effort, but i would be surprised to not see Martens continue even if he doesnt have factory support or a main sponsor. Imo we would simply see a smaller effort with 2 talents who bring some money to the team.
MXMattii
7/18/2019 6:10am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 6:41am
Bidirella wrote:
@MXMatti Didnt know that about the nestaan deal. Gonna be a strong team with good money backing then. And then about the Hennekes vs Martens show...
@MXMatti

Didnt know that about the nestaan deal. Gonna be a strong team with good money backing then.

And then about the Hennekes vs Martens show. What if Hennekes had buys out Martens to get the team and Jacky can enjoy his old day.. he must be somewhere in the 60s those days.

Otherwise it would be a really weird and unrespectfull move if its like you told.

Bogers would be a good fit for Gebben or Hutten Metaal Racing. He still can do one more year MX2 and with so many guys going out of the class it might be a good option to run up front again..
JM doesn't get a penny. His Husqvarna contract was up and isn't renewed because Kay Nestaan was hunting the same contract behind his back.

For JM is the problem that most of the little sponsors got dumped, because they were not part of the Husqvarna one family sponsors. I hope all of them are willing to return.

About Suzuki, they signed a exclusive contract with Stefan Everts for 5 years, so till 2021. It's a air tight contract, till 2021 only GPR (Everts team bought from Geboers) can run MX2 and MXGP Factory Suzuki teams.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/18/2019 6:44am
Pretty cool news with Moreau going to TLD.
Kind of surprising to me that KTM takes that gamble but he could pay off in his second or third year.

I think a guy like DV could help him a lot. If I remember right he was already training with DV a couple of years ago.

Musquin had a pretty similar early career (also on Bud Kawa). Barely top 5 in EMX in 2007. Then barely top 15 in MX2 in 2008 (but he was almost 20 already). And then he suddenly won the MX2 title in 2009.

One thing is for sure: this kid can ride Supercross.
Fastest Qualifier at MEC last year (ahead of Derek Drake among others).

The Shop

roninho
7/18/2019 7:44am
Bidirella wrote:
@MXMatti Didnt know that about the nestaan deal. Gonna be a strong team with good money backing then. And then about the Hennekes vs Martens show...
@MXMatti

Didnt know that about the nestaan deal. Gonna be a strong team with good money backing then.

And then about the Hennekes vs Martens show. What if Hennekes had buys out Martens to get the team and Jacky can enjoy his old day.. he must be somewhere in the 60s those days.

Otherwise it would be a really weird and unrespectfull move if its like you told.

Bogers would be a good fit for Gebben or Hutten Metaal Racing. He still can do one more year MX2 and with so many guys going out of the class it might be a good option to run up front again..
MXMattii wrote:
JM doesn't get a penny. His Husqvarna contract was up and isn't renewed because Kay Nestaan was hunting the same contract behind his back. For JM...
JM doesn't get a penny. His Husqvarna contract was up and isn't renewed because Kay Nestaan was hunting the same contract behind his back.

For JM is the problem that most of the little sponsors got dumped, because they were not part of the Husqvarna one family sponsors. I hope all of them are willing to return.

About Suzuki, they signed a exclusive contract with Stefan Everts for 5 years, so till 2021. It's a air tight contract, till 2021 only GPR (Everts team bought from Geboers) can run MX2 and MXGP Factory Suzuki teams.
Suzuki must not like Everts if they rather not return then run with everts
DonM
7/18/2019 8:19am
Bidirella wrote:
@MXMatti

MXMattii wrote:
JM doesn't get a penny. His Husqvarna contract was up and isn't renewed because Kay Nestaan was hunting the same contract behind his back. For JM...

So let me get this straight...Suzuki signed a contract with Everts that gave him exclusive rights to field a team thru 2021 without any performance or non-performance clause? I highly doubt that, pretty sure that a company like Suz with all their lawyers would ever allow that.
7/18/2019 9:21am
SEMAC wrote:
If I was JGR I Will sign him for the outdoors, the times he raced in América he did awesome
Cortami79 wrote:
I understand what you’re saying, but Desalle is fine in the GP’s. He has made tons of money (unfortunately no championship bonusses), has a family and...
I understand what you’re saying, but Desalle is fine in the GP’s. He has made tons of money (unfortunately no championship bonusses), has a family and really had/has a great career. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him riding his final season in 2020.

For MXGP, I think the teams look like this for next season:
KTM: Herlings, Cairoli, Prado
KTM Standing: Coldenhoff, Monticelli
YAMAHA: Tonus, Paulin(?)
KAWASAKI: Febvre, Desalle
HONDA: Gajser, Seewer
HUSKY: Jasikonis, Jonass

That leaves open spots for following riders: Lieber, Anstie, JVH89, Vlaanderen, Jacobi, Bogers, Sterry, Watson, Butron, Simpson(?)

Hopefully Suzuki will come back with some sort of team, maybe Jacky Martens?
I’m pretty sure, Watson has one more year in MX2.
i heard watson was going redbull ktm makes sense as he was sponsored by redbull before going to kemea yamaha
7/18/2019 9:36am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 9:36am
i heard watson was going redbull ktm makes sense as he was sponsored by redbull before going to kemea yamaha
Doubt Watson will go to Red Bull KTM, Hofer is more than likely to get that ride.
tek14
7/18/2019 10:14am
Bidirella wrote:
@MXMatti

MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:
So let me get this straight...Suzuki signed a contract with Everts that gave him exclusive rights to field a team thru 2021 without any performance or...
So let me get this straight...Suzuki signed a contract with Everts that gave him exclusive rights to field a team thru 2021 without any performance or non-performance clause? I highly doubt that, pretty sure that a company like Suz with all their lawyers would ever allow that.
Sounds that things went pretty wrong there... What Everts is getting by blocking Suzuki starting their own team as he could not keep his Team together?
philG
7/18/2019 10:31am
Bidirella wrote:
@MXMatti

MXMattii wrote:

roninho wrote:
Which bit of that surprises you. Had to buy a team to stay in the paddock. Didnt get a deal with Yamaha, went to KTM who he had no dealings with and went sideways and down till he was out.
Ray_MXS
7/18/2019 10:32am
I think the last thing on Everts mind right now is Suzuki.
colonel
7/18/2019 10:59am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I think the last thing on Everts mind right now is Suzuki.
Last thing on Suzukis is Everts Im sure also.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
7/18/2019 11:04am
colonel wrote:
Zook is all talk no walk. They showed 0/none/nada real attempts to establish something serious.

As far as i am concern they can devour enormous meat shaft for their behavior towards Everts, Seewer, Jasikonis, Lawrence brothers and rest the people around.
MXMattii
7/18/2019 11:09am
colonel wrote:
Zook is all talk no walk. They showed 0/none/nada real attempts to establish something serious. As far as i am concern they can devour enormous meat...
Zook is all talk no walk. They showed 0/none/nada real attempts to establish something serious.

As far as i am concern they can devour enormous meat shaft for their behavior towards Everts, Seewer, Jasikonis, Lawrence brothers and rest the people around.
They talked with Martin and Standing Construct but the Suzuki - Everts deal "cock blocked" both deals.
MXMattii
7/18/2019 11:15am
Bidirella wrote:
@MXMatti

MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:
So let me get this straight...Suzuki signed a contract with Everts that gave him exclusive rights to field a team thru 2021 without any performance or...
They tried because they were talking with Martin (former structure that runned factory Honda) and with Standing Construct. But it seems not as obvious as we all think. Don't forget that Suzuki was the one who decided to cut their commitment. They decided no more money only bikes...
Bidirella
7/18/2019 12:39pm
Weird stuff going on with Husky/Suzuki teams/deals.

Hopefully Jacky can find some good backing and a new brand, would be a big bummer and a big loss for the GP World if Rinaldi and Martens will be out after the 2019 season... Ouch.. 4 rides gone, would be really sad.
roninho
7/18/2019 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2019 1:37pm
MXMattii wrote:

roninho wrote:
philG wrote:
Which bit of that surprises you. Had to buy a team to stay in the paddock. Didnt get a deal with Yamaha, went to KTM who...
Which bit of that surprises you. Had to buy a team to stay in the paddock. Didnt get a deal with Yamaha, went to KTM who he had no dealings with and went sideways and down till he was out.
The part that a factory decides to simply not be in GP's because they don't like a manager/boss. This isnt like KTM where they just ditched Everts and continued with someone else. It's ditching Everts AND not be in GP's as a result of it.You must seriously have issues with Everts if you prefer not to be in gps and promoting your brand as an oem.
7/18/2019 1:38pm
Doubt Watson will go to Red Bull KTM, Hofer is more than likely to get that ride.
Wouldn’t hoffer do emx250 next year again
7/18/2019 2:19pm
Wouldn’t hoffer do emx250 next year again
Quite possibly but I’m pretty sure an Austrian manufacturer with an Austrian main sponsor will more likely go with an Austrian protege rather than a guy that will age our next year & IMO not gonna will a WC.
DonM
7/18/2019 2:32pm
MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
They tried because they were talking with Martin (former structure that runned factory Honda) and with Standing Construct. But it seems not as obvious as we...
They tried because they were talking with Martin (former structure that runned factory Honda) and with Standing Construct. But it seems not as obvious as we all think. Don't forget that Suzuki was the one who decided to cut their commitment. They decided no more money only bikes...
I'm not buying it that Everts is keeping Suzuki out of MXGP...contracts get broken all the time in this sport and I doubt seriously that the contract between Everts and Suzuki didn't have an out for each party...I'm sorry but multi-billion dollar companies aren't that stupid...If Suz wants back in they will come back...they did the same thing in MotoGP and have been back for a few years now...you will see the same here...
7/19/2019 1:54am
roninho wrote:
I think i read an interview with Martens a few years ago that he had a group of 30 sponsors (sort of like a business club)...
I think i read an interview with Martens a few years ago that he had a group of 30 sponsors (sort of like a business club) who he build starting during his riding career. That group provided a nice base sponsorship for his team. It sounded like that's the first 300k-ish euros for the team.
Obviously the main sponsor and factory support is still needed for a top effort, but i would be surprised to not see Martens continue even if he doesnt have factory support or a main sponsor. Imo we would simply see a smaller effort with 2 talents who bring some money to the team.
I read that too. But still, the team was called Wilvo Nestaan Factory Husqvarna for years. Nestaan and Wilvo were the biggest sponsors of the team and now they're both gone.
Martens will probably still have quite a few smaller sponsors but I'm 100% sure this is hurting him/the team big time.
roninho
7/19/2019 2:48am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2019 2:48am
Well it's even worse, all 3 main sponsors are gone: Wilvo, Nestaan and Husqvarna.
I agree that this is hurting him big time.
My point was more that if he needs to bridge a year (waiting for the Suzuki deal in 2021?) he can do a year in a LRT or Diga setup (small van and 1 rider). If he still has 20+ of those small sponsors that should get him a good chunck of the required budget for that.
Bidirella
7/19/2019 10:23am
roninho wrote:
Well it's even worse, all 3 main sponsors are gone: Wilvo, Nestaan and Husqvarna. I agree that this is hurting him big time. My point was...
Well it's even worse, all 3 main sponsors are gone: Wilvo, Nestaan and Husqvarna.
I agree that this is hurting him big time.
My point was more that if he needs to bridge a year (waiting for the Suzuki deal in 2021?) he can do a year in a LRT or Diga setup (small van and 1 rider). If he still has 20+ of those small sponsors that should get him a good chunck of the required budget for that.
Lets hope he can start something like that. Picking up Lieber would be a good thing, good rider and money is not a problem from there side.
philG
7/19/2019 1:42pm
Watson is on a 3 year deal with Kemea.. i cant see him swapping bikes for his last year in MX2.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
7/19/2019 2:12pm
MXMattii wrote:
They tried because they were talking with Martin (former structure that runned factory Honda) and with Standing Construct. But it seems not as obvious as we...
Can't Zook buy-out Everts out of that contract of sorts? There has to be a way but it is the matter of money.

When they got dumb they deserve to bleed money inside and outside of the corner.
Ray_MXS
7/19/2019 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2019 2:16pm
Remember, it's not like Suzuki fired Everts or anything. They would still provide factory backing for bikes and parts just before, they just cut all financial funding and Everts couldn't find enough sponsors that late in the season. Maybe they have a contract with Everts still but I have a very hard time believing Everts would block Suzukis way back in the GPs by choice. It's not like he wants the gig back now.
cesar_rc4
7/19/2019 2:47pm
philG wrote:
Watson is on a 3 year deal with Kemea.. i cant see him swapping bikes for his last year in MX2.
In his last interview with mxvice he said that his last year in mx2 is gonna be on blue and he hope to stay on blue to jump on the mxgp class
MXMattii
7/19/2019 3:42pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
Remember, it's not like Suzuki fired Everts or anything. They would still provide factory backing for bikes and parts just before, they just cut all financial...
Remember, it's not like Suzuki fired Everts or anything. They would still provide factory backing for bikes and parts just before, they just cut all financial funding and Everts couldn't find enough sponsors that late in the season. Maybe they have a contract with Everts still but I have a very hard time believing Everts would block Suzukis way back in the GPs by choice. It's not like he wants the gig back now.
I don't say he's blocking them, Suzuki just don't want to buy him out and they also don't wanna create a shit storm by going to court. Reread: The Suzuki-Everts deal that runs to 2021 blocks all deals.

And I guess they better stay quiet too, those Japanese guys. Because they told the GPR (Everts) team in April, after the yearly meeting where they decided funding for both MXGP and MX2 were going to end, that they would sacrifice the Japanese MX Team and the MX2 team so the MXGP team with his two riders Seewer (Rookie) and Jasikonis could race their new bikes for the second year.

Also Sylvain Geboers isn't a saint in all of this. He saw that a lot of his former staff got the boot, because Stefan wanted to create a new boost. SG didn't took that well and didn't always had the best interests in mind when he communicated about the generation (Everts) towards Suzuki. Also: big changes on short time is something Japanese companies will never do and will never understand.

I don't get that people are so negative about Everts. To get the record straight, he got a contract from Yamaha to become the right hand from Rinaldi and to take over the team on mid long term. But he was very interested by the KTM program where he could develop their rear-suspension system and the 350cc. All that combined with the fact that he really loved to work with young talent made him choose for KTM. He worked with Jonass, Prado, Natzke, Mewse, ... But from the moment KTM signed Ken Roczen because SE72 didn't wanted to put all pressure on Herlings shoulders the relationship between Jeffrey Herlings and Stefan Everts went south. Combined with the fact that Herlings got protected by Pit Beier it became a ugly cockfight.

SE: "Don't ride with that broken shoulder blade in Lierop, you are already world champion, ..." But Pit protects him, gives him carte blanch. Herlings races and makes the injury worse and misses the MXON and the after season tests.

SE: Take a riding break from 4 weeks, I don't want you to be burned out.
JH Thinks: Fuck You and he buys him two 350cc bikes and rides private tracks.
SE: Angry - PB: Shuffle all of it under the carpet.

And there are more stories like that, then because it was unworkable, they created a Junior team with Prado, Natzke, Mewse and Jonass trained along with them. Not gonna tell ya he's a saint, but there is often more to a story then what we see, hear, ...

Post a reply to: MXGP silly season 2020

The Latest