Club Mx Progress

Hey guys 1st time posting,Just had a few Questions,I’m considering going to Club mx for 1 whole month of training,Now I know their great, and I’m lookin g to go from a Beginner Supermini rider, I’m not beginner beginner,like I’ve hit 3rd gear wide open jumps,But aside from that It’s roughly $2500 for 1 whole month which I think acutely isn’t all that bad for 1 whole month of training,But How much progress do you think I would be able to make? And would it be Worth it?Also thinking about jumping to a 125 2 stroke and I’m 5’6 and can 2 foot a 125 on my tippy toes. What do you guys think?
|
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/15/2019 9:26pm
up to you on the progress you'd make, how determined are you and how good is your fitness to ride alot almost everyday? I think you'd need at least 2 bikes and a good chunk of spare parts/ budget for parts.
7/15/2019 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2019 9:33pm
soggy wrote:
up to you on the progress you'd make, how determined are you and how good is your fitness to ride alot almost everyday? I think you'd...
up to you on the progress you'd make, how determined are you and how good is your fitness to ride alot almost everyday? I think you'd need at least 2 bikes and a good chunk of spare parts/ budget for parts.
Ya,I’m pretty determined to get better and keep pushing workout 4 days a week and fitness could definitely use some changing,but I’m 15 and weigh about 100lbs but I can muscle the bike around pretty good,I’d have 1 whole year before I’d go, because at a month at a time I’d have to not be in school,I have a Supermini CRF150RB which I’m starting to get a little big for,and a 2019 KTM 125 SX I’ve been eyeing up with a Lectron carb.And my dad gets good rate on Parts unlimited so parts and maintenance is not a big deal if a bike blew up on me I would be confident rebuilding it myself.
rob162
7/16/2019 1:58am
So I've gone to club now for 2 years in a row. The first time i stayed for 2 weeks. This year due to family and work i could only do a couple days. You will get faster just from the sheer amount of seat time you will be putting in there. Not to mention working with Ben, Mike and Brandon. They will work on every aspect of your riding with you and break it down to be as simple as possible. They will point out bike setups they think will help, even make you do the most basic of drills over and over to help get your bike control up.

My tips for there is
1. Work on yourself don't worry about all the fast guys there. Just put in the work they ask of you.
2. Take advantage of the turn track they have there you will gain a ton of confidence riding that track when you have spare time. I think i spent more time there then on any track they had. Sand track is awesome as well.
3. Don't be a dumbass when the day is over. They are very laid back and like to make sure everyone can relax, unwind and have a fun time after a long day. But they do not tolerate people being jackasses.
It's worth the money and time if your serious.

Cool little side note. These guys really pay attention to everyone there even when you think they're not they are. They really invest themselves in the riders, even guys like us that aren't year round. I ran into Mike at a indoor track in Wisconsin the day I picked up my new bike. Before I even thought to go up and talk with him he came up to me while i was watching practice. Actually he kinda snuck up on me. Asked me hows the new bike was. Talked set up and tips. The amount of stuff he remebered about me and my previous bike and setup was surprising. No way would i expect him to even remeber me or anything being i was only there 2 weeks. Same thing with Ben and the rest of the guys there when i came back this year.
If your willing to put in the work these guys will get you to where you want to be.
Cortami79
7/16/2019 2:55am
Depends what your goals are. Are there no money issues? Then you surely could go. But that $2500 could be well spent on bike maintenance, proper nutrition, workout equipment and more. I’m not known with ClubMX and their expertise of training, but I’ve had lessons from several MXGP riders in the past and the only ones that really taught me things were Joel Smets and Marc de Reuver. But if you for instance watch Ryno his videos on instagram, you can learn a ton just from his video’s alone. Just have someone film you and try to improve. Proper technique and suspension are the most important things. Once I progressed with both, my speed increases a lot and crashes were occasional. Just think about the pro’s and cons for going into a facility

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
7/16/2019 4:04am
"3rd gear wide open jumps"! Pfftt, forget Club MX! Spend that 2,500 on a clean '06 CRF 450, (make sure it has Excellent Tacoed Rims), and head straight to Pala! Instant fame!
TJMX947
7/16/2019 5:03am
I live right outside if Charlotte and I ride the practice facility pretty frequently. I can't attest to the training methods or what to expect but I do know they put a lot of time on the seat, so fitness and the ability to withstand that schedule is a must.

Secondly I think your speed, confidence, and comfort needs to be at a certain point before you go out there. If you aren't finishing well in the 85 age classes there is a lot to be gained before spending that money. The jumps on the main track are no joke and I assume you'll want to get them wired quickly to be able to push in the race drills...however I'm sure they would group you with similar speed kids to alleviate this.

Rob162, how old were you when you went? I've considered doing a week myself but being 35 years old makes me a little weary.
lumpy790
7/16/2019 6:27am
Get at least 2 practice bikes ready.

Hearing some rumors about them cutting a lot of the full time riders there recently so make 100% sure you can get in.
Jack_Wagon
7/16/2019 6:57am
A friend of mine's son did a camp at MTF. From your description, you and him are probably close in ability. It helped him out tremendously, but like many have said before- it's up to you as to how much you improve. I'm not sure how Club operates. If they just throw you in with their full time program you're probably not going to get much out of it. If they have a camp geared toward beginner riders like the one at MTF you'll probably progress a good bit.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
7/16/2019 8:33am
EZZA 95B wrote:
"3rd gear wide open jumps"! Pfftt, forget Club MX! Spend that 2,500 on a clean '06 CRF 450, (make sure it has Excellent Tacoed Rims), and...
"3rd gear wide open jumps"! Pfftt, forget Club MX! Spend that 2,500 on a clean '06 CRF 450, (make sure it has Excellent Tacoed Rims), and head straight to Pala! Instant fame!
You wrong for that! haha Laughing
7/16/2019 9:32am
Cortami79 wrote:
Depends what your goals are. Are there no money issues? Then you surely could go. But that $2500 could be well spent on bike maintenance, proper...
Depends what your goals are. Are there no money issues? Then you surely could go. But that $2500 could be well spent on bike maintenance, proper nutrition, workout equipment and more. I’m not known with ClubMX and their expertise of training, but I’ve had lessons from several MXGP riders in the past and the only ones that really taught me things were Joel Smets and Marc de Reuver. But if you for instance watch Ryno his videos on instagram, you can learn a ton just from his video’s alone. Just have someone film you and try to improve. Proper technique and suspension are the most important things. Once I progressed with both, my speed increases a lot and crashes were occasional. Just think about the pro’s and cons for going into a facility
Money isn’t a huge deal but it’s 1 year away so I’d have plenty of time for convincing and Showing them what people think of it,And bike maintenance is damn good on my bikes,We tore my bike down to frame and went threw the whole thing doing bearings,Carb Cleans,Engine Work Ect...and I am pretty good about Training and what goes into my body,I’m not on a pro level of training or dieting of course.

Post a reply to: Club Mx Progress

The Latest