Congratulations to Pauls Jonass MXGP 2 champion

endurox
Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 2:54pm
Exciting racing in the MX 2 series this year. Nice to see Covington take the overall win in France today also.
|
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/17/2017 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/17/2017 12:48pm
Covington the favorite for next year
No, Jonass and Padro are. The new champ is pretty underrated.

The Shop

BLC8377
9/17/2017 1:08pm
That Prado-Garcia kid is gonna win a championship within the next two years. The kids an insanely goood starter, got like 14+ holeshots this year in Mx2 and has the speed to run with any of this years top mx2 guys. Just needs better conditioning, and a bit more experience in the sand
9/17/2017 1:21pm
BLC8377 wrote:
That Prado-Garcia kid is gonna win a championship within the next two years. The kids an insanely goood starter, got like 14+ holeshots this year in...
That Prado-Garcia kid is gonna win a championship within the next two years. The kids an insanely goood starter, got like 14+ holeshots this year in Mx2 and has the speed to run with any of this years top mx2 guys. Just needs better conditioning, and a bit more experience in the sand
" a bit more experience in the sand "

That must be a joke right?
visser62
9/17/2017 1:25pm
BLC8377 wrote:
That Prado-Garcia kid is gonna win a championship within the next two years. The kids an insanely goood starter, got like 14+ holeshots this year in...
He won Lommel and Assen, and has lived in Belgium for the last several years.
BLC8377
9/17/2017 1:27pm
BLC8377 wrote:

Lol put down the pitch forks bro, he just struggled at kegums and valkenswaard early on and didn't look comfortable and got better as the season went on. Just thought a bit more seasoning wouldn't hurt
BLC8377
9/17/2017 1:29pm
BLC8377 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
Really? That's crazy, well good for that kid, he looked uncomfortable at the first two sand circuits (Latvia, Holland rnd.1) but then got stronger as the season progressed (obviously^)
Rowlands
9/17/2017 1:32pm
Congratulations to Jonass he has been the best by far this season. Seems like De-Reuver has really helped him put the championship together perhaps helping iron out mistakes.

Nice job PJ41 and KTM
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/17/2017 1:37pm
BLC8377 wrote:
Hard to train full time when you're still in school. If he continues to pull holeshot after holeshot like he's been doing he'll take the holeshot title from Alessi by the time he's done racing.

Kid definitely has a bright future.
9/17/2017 1:39pm
BLC8377 wrote:

BLC8377 wrote:
Lol put down the pitch forks bro, he just struggled at kegums and valkenswaard early on and didn't look comfortable and got better as the season...
Lol put down the pitch forks bro, he just struggled at kegums and valkenswaard early on and didn't look comfortable and got better as the season went on. Just thought a bit more seasoning wouldn't hurt
Oh I thought you was talking about the real sand tracks. Sorry my bad.
9/17/2017 5:25pm
Would like to see Lawrence on a faster bike.
Jonass was very consistent which was good for a young guy.
Prado needs to sort out some issues with heat but is very fast.
Yamaha need to hire a top guy. Patural i think moves up.next year.
Kawasaki are?
Seewer i think lost the championship due to silly mistakes all year.
jeffro503
9/17/2017 5:28pm
Yep , big congrat's to Jonas for the championship and Latvia's first as well! Was good seeing Covington , Lawrence and a few other's have some really great rides as well. 2018 should be a great year for racing.
51xc
9/17/2017 6:12pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yep , big congrat's to Jonas for the championship and Latvia's first as well! Was good seeing Covington , Lawrence and a few other's have some...
Yep , big congrat's to Jonas for the championship and Latvia's first as well! Was good seeing Covington , Lawrence and a few other's have some really great rides as well. 2018 should be a great year for racing.
with suzuki and kawasaki not even fielding a mx2 factory team, not sure if the racing will be that great in '18. lawrence could be gone, seewer and paturel will move up...looks like a ktm show to me.
captmoto
9/17/2017 9:36pm
51xc wrote:
with suzuki and kawasaki not even fielding a mx2 factory team, not sure if the racing will be that great in '18. lawrence could be gone...
with suzuki and kawasaki not even fielding a mx2 factory team, not sure if the racing will be that great in '18. lawrence could be gone, seewer and paturel will move up...looks like a ktm show to me.
Is that official or just strong rumor?
DC41
9/17/2017 11:12pm
I made this illustration to celebrate his championship Cool

JB479
9/17/2017 11:37pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Yep , big congrat's to Jonas for the championship and Latvia's first as well! Was good seeing Covington , Lawrence and a few other's have some...
51xc wrote:
with suzuki and kawasaki not even fielding a mx2 factory team, not sure if the racing will be that great in '18. lawrence could be gone...
Would be cool to see Lawrence and beaton on hrc for 2018 considering Lawrence could be already signed to geico for 19.
roninho
9/18/2017 6:24am
He is the deserving champ.

Just wish they got rid of this stupid 23 year old rule and give guys like Seewer the chance to stay in MX2. Could have become a good rivalry in the next few years.
visser62
9/18/2017 12:32pm
BLC8377 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
BLC8377 wrote:
Really? That's crazy, well good for that kid, he looked uncomfortable at the first two sand circuits (Latvia, Holland rnd.1) but then got stronger as the...
Really? That's crazy, well good for that kid, he looked uncomfortable at the first two sand circuits (Latvia, Holland rnd.1) but then got stronger as the season progressed (obviously^)
He does struggle in the mud, so he will need to gain some more experience there.
vschaik141
9/18/2017 12:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 12:57pm
Congratz to Pauls Jonass (& Marc de Reuver). I give him a good chance defending the title next year
Motofinne
9/18/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 1:06pm
Congrats to Jonass and Latvia! Has there ever been a World champ from Latvia before?

He will be the favorite next year too with Covington(last year in MX2 for TC64) as the main challenger to the title.

Prado will win in 2019.
Motofinne
9/18/2017 1:19pm
i think Thomas Kjer Olsen could be a spoiler for next year
If he finds a bit more raw speed and maintains his consistency, yes he could be the champ.

It's just very difficult to find that last percent that is needed for more wins. I would love to see TKO as the champ but i doubt it.
9/18/2017 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 1:28pm
Motofinne wrote:
If he finds a bit more raw speed and maintains his consistency, yes he could be the champ. It's just very difficult to find that last...
If he finds a bit more raw speed and maintains his consistency, yes he could be the champ.

It's just very difficult to find that last percent that is needed for more wins. I would love to see TKO as the champ but i doubt it.
he is 3rd at the moment , not bad for a rookie ... I think he will do better as Prado , i think Prado needs another season
Covington is a veteran in this class and next year will be his last chance for a worldtitle
Hope to see Lawrence back in MX2 next year , some great talents out there
kongols
9/18/2017 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 2:26pm
I`ve seen almost every race of him in person, starting from 65 cc and have seen just one crash while on 85 cc. After moving to GP he went a little wild, but good thing that De Reuver got him back on track.
kongols
9/18/2017 2:24pm
This is what I wrote back in 2011.

"I honestly believe this guy is the best talent we (Latvia) ever had. He`s still 14 years old, he has won every moto he entered this year except for 3 second places on a KTM 150 against 250F and one second place on a 85cc. He`s 7/8 with one second place finish in ADAC MX Masters championship on a 85cc. We`ll see how he does in World championship next month, but I think there is nobody in Europe that can beat him on a 85cc. His program is rock solid and he sees his goals clear. I really think we have mega caliber rider growing up. His name is Pauls Jonass.''
9/18/2017 2:30pm
kongols wrote:
This is what I wrote back in 2011. "I honestly believe this guy is the best talent we (Latvia) ever had. He`s still 14 years old...

"I honestly believe this guy is the best talent we (Latvia) ever had. He`s still 14 years old, he has won every moto he entered this year except for 3 second places on a KTM 150 against 250F and one second place on a 85cc. He`s 7/8 with one second place finish in ADAC MX Masters championship on a 85cc. We`ll see how he does in World championship next month, but I think there is nobody in Europe that can beat him on a 85cc. His program is rock solid and he sees his goals clear. I really think we have mega caliber rider growing up. His name is Pauls Jonass.''
Wow that's pretty cool.. Congrats to Jonass he rode amazing this year
Motofinne
9/18/2017 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 2:39pm
Motofinne wrote:
If he finds a bit more raw speed and maintains his consistency, yes he could be the champ. It's just very difficult to find that last...

he is 3rd at the moment , not bad for a rookie ... I think he will do better as Prado , i think Prado needs...
he is 3rd at the moment , not bad for a rookie ... I think he will do better as Prado , i think Prado needs another season
Covington is a veteran in this class and next year will be his last chance for a worldtitle
Hope to see Lawrence back in MX2 next year , some great talents out there
3rd is very good for a rookie but that came because of his consistency, not raw speed. He needs better "highs" if he wants to win the title!

But i think he can find more speed, considering that he went from not dominating(he was a top 3-5 guy in EMX250, not dominating every round) to 3rd in MX2 in his rookie year. It would be awesome to have him as a MX2 champ in the future. He is 20 years old(born in 1997, same as Jonass) so he has time to get it done!
ayearinmx
9/18/2017 2:48pm
kongols wrote:
This is what I wrote back in 2011. "I honestly believe this guy is the best talent we (Latvia) ever had. He`s still 14 years old...

i spoke to him this weekend about 2011, which is when i first saw him.... very cool seeing him grow up and win the title

Post a reply to: Congratulations to Pauls Jonass MXGP 2 champion

The Latest