Cooper Webb??

TMessi111
10/8/2019 3:45am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2019 3:47am
Webb won’t defend his championship. Healthy Ken and very hungry Tomac, Anderson and Musquin. Just don’t see it happening. Last year he was under the radar, this year he has a bullseye on his back. Won’t be surprised to see Cianciarulo go after him either, not dirty riding but I promise you AC wants to beat Webb as many times as he can from here on out.

My opinion has nothing to do with the results from straight rhythm.
philG
10/8/2019 3:50am
Goals for RBSR: 1) Don't get hurt. 2) Keep sponsor happy. 3) Don't get hurt. 4) Have some fun
5) Don't get hurt.
This is it... do you want to be the guy that got hurt at a fairground race trying to beat an amateur, or the amateur that beat a pro who is not trying to get hurt.

Great TV .. apart from the on bike sound. Man that sucked
kb228
10/8/2019 3:57am
Goals for RBSR: 1) Don't get hurt. 2) Keep sponsor happy. 3) Don't get hurt. 4) Have some fun
5) Don't get hurt.
philG wrote:
This is it... do you want to be the guy that got hurt at a fairground race trying to beat an amateur, or the amateur that...
This is it... do you want to be the guy that got hurt at a fairground race trying to beat an amateur, or the amateur that beat a pro who is not trying to get hurt.

I get all that but i dont really buy into it. Webb is literally the 2019 sx champ and got waxed by an amateur. Explain kennys performance?
TMessi111
10/8/2019 4:08am
Osborne will be better than last year, likely
Deano will be better than last year, likely
Brayton will be as good as last year, likely
Mookie is actually in shape, Hill maybe. Deep field this year and if the whoops are big all year, all these guys have an advantage over Webb in them except ZO. Not hating on Webb but he cruised to a championship based on his early season successes and the struggle of his main competitors to get going. Tomac, mental or bike whatever you want to call it. Ken health problems, dude had no stamina. Anderson injured and I think Marvin struggled with the mental stress of his new teammate stealing his shine. Going to be a different series this year.

The Shop

10/8/2019 5:11am
TMessi111 wrote:
Osborne will be better than last year, likely Deano will be better than last year, likely Brayton will be as good as last year, likely Mookie...
Mookie is actually in shape, Hill maybe. Deep field this year and if the whoops are big all year, all these guys have an advantage over Webb in them except ZO. Not hating on Webb but he cruised to a championship based on his early season successes and the struggle of his main competitors to get going. Tomac, mental or bike whatever you want to call it. Ken health problems, dude had no stamina. Anderson injured and I think Marvin struggled with the mental stress of his new teammate stealing his shine. Going to be a different series this year.
Marvin and Tomac both came in recovering from injury.
TMessi111
10/8/2019 5:16am
TMessi111 wrote:
Osborne will be better than last year, likely Deano will be better than last year, likely Brayton will be as good as last year, likely Mookie...
Actually forgot about that. Makes my point even clearer.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
10/8/2019 6:09am
Amateurs ride two strokes all the time, that makes a difference
10/8/2019 7:08am
5) Don't get hurt.
philG wrote:
This is it... do you want to be the guy that got hurt at a fairground race trying to beat an amateur, or the amateur that...

kb228 wrote:
I get all that but i dont really buy into it. Webb is literally the 2019 sx champ and got waxed by an amateur. Explain kennys...
I get all that but i dont really buy into it. Webb is literally the 2019 sx champ and got waxed by an amateur. Explain kennys performance?
The easiest answer is that Kenny really wanted to do RBSR, and Webb didn't. If you're only there for sponsor obligations, you're not going to push as hard as someone who is there because they want to win. Webb had a great year and is the SX champ. Kenny had a poor (for him) year and won a couple MX motos and overalls. An off season win means more to someone who's had a below par season than to someone who had the best year of their life.
Mr. Afterbar
10/8/2019 7:37am
The easiest answer is that Kenny really wanted to do RBSR, and Webb didn't. If you're only there for sponsor obligations, you're not going to push...
The easiest answer is that Kenny really wanted to do RBSR, and Webb didn't. If you're only there for sponsor obligations, you're not going to push as hard as someone who is there because they want to win. Webb had a great year and is the SX champ. Kenny had a poor (for him) year and won a couple MX motos and overalls. An off season win means more to someone who's had a below par season than to someone who had the best year of their life.
Kenny was only there for sponsor obligations as well. He was being pressured after missing the event multiple years.
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
10/8/2019 9:16am
And you guys wonder why the top guys dont do more one off races....
mxb2
10/8/2019 9:30am
Renner153 wrote:
And you guys wonder why the top guys dont do more one off races....
Be careful man, some vital posters think the riders should do every event for them.
gt80rider
10/8/2019 11:01am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2019 11:31am
I was simply glad to see the deuce coupe riding... He is coming off injury.... No big news here.... Obviously it is embarrassing to get beat by an AM... But for the cash he put in his bank act for showing up i would guess coop isn't feeling too bad over it....
kage173
10/8/2019 8:33pm
TMessi111 wrote:
I dont get what you're talking about. It is the exact same field as last year. He cruised based on early season success? Sounds like a good strategy.

Mookie is in shape? I love Mookie but the 2 isnt losing sleep over that tidbit.
Texas Built
10/9/2019 12:35am
Blue flag wrote:
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who...
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who the kid is that beat him.
RV wanted to be there. Tool bag Cooper was just there to collect a check.
10/9/2019 1:21am
Blue flag wrote:
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who...
RV didn't look too thrilled about getting knocked out in two races either. I know, he's retired, but still no slouch. I don't even know who the kid is that beat him.
I’m a big RV fan but I doubt he’d be there if he wasn’t getting paid. Cooper showed up and raced, and as the event goes he got eliminated. I don’t really see the issue.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/9/2019 7:02am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 7:02am
Some of you guys that are posting about getting paid to show up to RBSR... I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think there is any extra money to be made Racing this race. Of course the guys that are ALREADY being paid (under contract) are already being paid, but to think these guys are getting an extra paycheck to race here might be far fetched...
motomike137
10/9/2019 8:40am
langhammx wrote:
Some of you guys that are posting about getting paid to show up to RBSR... I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think there is any...
Some of you guys that are posting about getting paid to show up to RBSR... I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think there is any extra money to be made Racing this race. Of course the guys that are ALREADY being paid (under contract) are already being paid, but to think these guys are getting an extra paycheck to race here might be far fetched...
Totally agree. If Webb didn't enjoy doing it I really don't think he would have bothered. I highly doubt whatever $ they got for this it is more than a blip on their radar paycheck wise.
BroFoSho
10/9/2019 10:14am
TMessi111 wrote:
Even if Osborne, Deano, Brayton, Mookie and Hill all improve they still won't consistently beat Webb. He was hands down a better rider than all of them in 2019.

Big whoops won't mean a thing considering in 12 of the 17 rounds everyone was just jumping through them. Something Webb is very good at.

Tomac has "Tomac-ed" every year in the big bike class in SX. Odds are he'll do it again in 2020.

Kenny is STILL dealing with health issues which isn't promising considering Anihiem 1 is ~90 days away.

I'm actually not the biggest Webb fan, but the odds of him defending his title are pretty good if you ask me.
gt80rider
10/9/2019 10:17am
BroFoSho wrote:
Even if Osborne, Deano, Brayton, Mookie and Hill all improve they still won't consistently beat Webb. He was hands down a better rider than all of...
Even if Osborne, Deano, Brayton, Mookie and Hill all improve they still won't consistently beat Webb. He was hands down a better rider than all of them in 2019.

Big whoops won't mean a thing considering in 12 of the 17 rounds everyone was just jumping through them. Something Webb is very good at.

Tomac has "Tomac-ed" every year in the big bike class in SX. Odds are he'll do it again in 2020.

Kenny is STILL dealing with health issues which isn't promising considering Anihiem 1 is ~90 days away.

I'm actually not the biggest Webb fan, but the odds of him defending his title are pretty good if you ask me.
.... El hombre might have just a little something to say about that....
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
10/9/2019 10:30am
I’m not a webb fan but this race means nothing. It’s a 45 second race going straight on 2 strokes. Let’s wait til MEC to start talking...but even then that’s a one off SX race as well.
kb228
10/9/2019 11:27am
TMessi111 wrote:
BroFoSho wrote:
Even if Osborne, Deano, Brayton, Mookie and Hill all improve they still won't consistently beat Webb. He was hands down a better rider than all of...

I agree tomac tomacs every year, but he did come into 19 with a back injury
Forty
10/9/2019 1:10pm
Blue flag wrote:
I’m a big RV fan but I doubt he’d be there if he wasn’t getting paid. Cooper showed up and raced, and as the event goes...
I’m a big RV fan but I doubt he’d be there if he wasn’t getting paid. Cooper showed up and raced, and as the event goes he got eliminated. I don’t really see the issue.
The issue is Webb took a out of nowhere crap on everyone’s corn chips last year and there is a group of people that can’t accept the fact that he has the goods to do it again.

We’re always hearing “ well so and so crashed out or so and so was injured. Yeah. it’s motorcycle racing. So and so will crash and get hurt again this year. It may be Webb this time. Point is last year it wasn’t and some people are sideways about it.

Good God let the season start.
TMessi111
10/9/2019 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 5:56pm
TMessi111 wrote:
kage173 wrote:
I dont get what you're talking about. It is the exact same field as last year. He cruised based on early season success? Sounds like a...
I dont get what you're talking about. It is the exact same field as last year. He cruised based on early season success? Sounds like a good strategy.

Mookie is in shape? I love Mookie but the 2 isnt losing sleep over that tidbit.
We can revisit this when the season is underway. Webb earned his title. Not taking that away from him. I’m just stating that I feel like this year, at least currently, more riders are entering the offseason healthy and 3 of those riders (Tomac, Marvin, Anderson) all have a chip on their shoulders and aren’t going to be surprised by Webb this year, like they may have been last year. Those 3 riders have consistently beaten Webb on big bikes indoors. If rider names are all that matters and as you insinuated, bike setup, health, and confidence have nothing to do with results then please go ahead and explain your logic behind the success of Webb last year. Your boy emphasized those 3 things when he was asked about the sudden success he found. My other point was that the field is deeper which means poor starts will be even more detrimental, granted Webb used good starts to aid his series last year. Not sure how you can’t understand that Osborne is more experienced and that Dean is finally in a steady situation. The other riders such as Brayton, Mookie and Hill are all wild cards to add to the mix that, regardless of what you think, have the sprint speed to make things difficult on any of the top title contenders. It’s okay though, keep improperly paraphrasing what I say and use it to make yourself more confident. I will be ready with your crow.
JB 19
10/9/2019 5:56pm
TMessi111 wrote:
Lol.... if message boards existed from 1989-1992 guys like you would have been saying that that Stanton guy cruised to 6 titles .....got lucky. Ward was old, Bradshaw was a basket case, Bayle didn't care....yada yada. Jeff Stanton just got lucky "6 Time"s.

You clowns will never get what makes a champion a champion.
TMessi111
10/9/2019 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 6:10pm
TMessi111 wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
Lol.... if message boards existed from 1989-1992 guys like you would have been saying that that Stanton guy cruised to 6 titles .....got lucky. Ward was...
Lol.... if message boards existed from 1989-1992 guys like you would have been saying that that Stanton guy cruised to 6 titles .....got lucky. Ward was old, Bradshaw was a basket case, Bayle didn't care....yada yada. Jeff Stanton just got lucky "6 Time"s.

You clowns will never get what makes a champion a champion.
How many years did Stanton ride in the premiere class before he found success? Was it a bike change? Team change? Or was he just better than everyone, consistently for 6 years? You are missing my point, it’s not luck, it’s circumstances. Webb’s improved situation was what led to his success. If it was based on his pure grit and talent then he would’ve been more successful on the Yamaha than he was based on your reasoning. What happened outdoors? Don’t Gota be a true champion to win an outdoor title? Would love to hear your pillars of what makes a champion a champion.
olds cool
10/9/2019 6:14pm
It’s easy to say how stacked the field is the first week of October. Maybe we should wait until the week before A1 and see who’s still healthy before we have that conversation?
TMessi111
10/9/2019 6:16pm
olds cool wrote:
It’s easy to say how stacked the field is the first week of October. Maybe we should wait until the week before A1 and see who’s...
It’s easy to say how stacked the field is the first week of October. Maybe we should wait until the week before A1 and see who’s still healthy before we have that conversation?
It’s the second week but I agree with your statement.
BikeGuy321
10/9/2019 6:21pm
TMessi111 wrote:
....And both of them couldn't get a start to save their life last year.
olds cool
10/9/2019 7:52pm
olds cool wrote:
It’s easy to say how stacked the field is the first week of October. Maybe we should wait until the week before A1 and see who’s...
TMessi111 wrote:
It’s the second week but I agree with your statement.
Laughing It’s not unusual for me to not be able to remember what day it is, much less the date!

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb??

The Latest