4/23/2020 6:43 AM
Photo
Photo

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

Crush Crush
4/23/2020 6:58 AM

Weird one.

Can't imagine it's red or green... they've got a big bone to bury.

He just said KTM is good to go, you'd assume Husky also.

So – Yamaha and JGR? Or the 250 teams?

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thatswhathappens thatswhathappens
4/23/2020 7:00 AM

Sounds like Coop is going as stir-crazy as I am.

FuzzyLogic FuzzyLogic
4/23/2020 7:09 AM

How embarrassing for a professional fucking dirt bike rider (whoever they are) to come out and say that 4 weeks is not enough time "to be ready." If you are a championship level contender you owe it to your team to maintain some level of fitness in these times of uncertainty. If you are not championship level, I'm sorry, but the series' concern about your feelings is lower than ever right now.

Here's to feeling good all the time

KennyT KennyT
4/23/2020 7:22 AM
FuzzyLogic wrote:

How embarrassing for a ...more

If you are in a lockdown it gives them plenty of time to work out. Most of these guys have access to private tracks so I’m sure they were getting seat time while practicing social distancing. No excuse to not be ready to go

Bidirella Bidirella
4/23/2020 7:22 AM

Must be one off the big stars/teams, why would it other been questionable??

They all kept riding and training in some sort off way, so 4 weeks most be enough. That’s allot of time.

Wonder who this is, but be the look of it they not really have allot of trust in their program/effort.

Tate517 Tate517
4/23/2020 7:25 AM
***I am just a fan with no "inside" knowledge***

If you read between the lines; this is a direct shot at Roczen. If this happens middle of May, I widely assume that there will be some "BIG" names that will not be racing. I hope I am wrong, but I just do not see certain riders lining up for this. This will make the 1995 Las Vegas "lights out" round look like kids stuff. I want racing back; heck I want normalcy back as much as anybody. However, if certain "BIG' names riders don't line up to race middle of May, I hope FELD doesn't go through with this for several reasons. One, it will cause one of the biggest crap fests this sport has ever seen. Two, it will automatically discredit whomever is crowned champion due to not having everyone on the gate. In a perfect world, I would love to see all of this come to fruition. However, there are just two many variables in place for this plan to work.
peltier626 peltier626
4/23/2020 7:39 AM

Cooper's not worried. He's already got the antibodies. Remember the mystery flu he had back at the start of SX. I'm sure he's been antibody tested.

loftyair loftyair
4/23/2020 7:40 AM

Is anybody 'hurt', and would like a couple more weeks to be ready?

brapgod69 brapgod69
4/23/2020 7:45 AM

Sounds like some of the top guys might be hurt?

misterwaterfallin misterwaterfallin
4/23/2020 7:46 AM
peltier626 wrote:

Cooper's not worried. He's ...more

Except it's unclear on what those antibodies actually protect you from and how many strains of this covid-19 are currently floating around.

davistld01 davistld01
4/23/2020 7:48 AM
brapgod69 wrote:

Sounds like some of the ...more

Honda?

davis224 davis224
4/23/2020 7:50 AM
Tate517 wrote: ***I am just a fan with no ...more

I made a post asking if Ken would be up for an early return to racing considering his condition, and it was not well received. I wonder how fans will react if, and I repeat, IF, this is the case. I am aware this is 100% conjecture.

Agent717 Agent717
4/23/2020 7:55 AM

Isn't ET's first born due right around that time?

aeffertz aeffertz
4/23/2020 7:58 AM

That’s kinda bizarre. They were in the middle of a SX championship a month ago and are notified they can resume the schedule in a month. Seems weird that they are suddenly unprepared.

In an interview with Weege a week or so ago, Tomac said he was riding 3 times a week still. Makes you wonder if it isn’t Kenny being reluctant, which would be understandable.

DonM DonM
4/23/2020 8:01 AM

I’m thinking it’s a certain team manager that doesn’t allow his riders to race the MXDN....

FuzzyLogic FuzzyLogic
4/23/2020 8:04 AM

What happens if Eli or Ken (lets be honest, those are the two that we are primarily concerned with) come out and say they have the Coronavirus? Would that be reason enough for Feld to call off this plan?

I didn't consider it originally, but if one of these guys actually contracted the virus, I could see how they wouldn't be pumped on getting back to racing that quickly. If I am Feld I want to see a signed doctors note that confirms this though, just to be sure they aren't using it to dodge something else.

Here's to feeling good all the time

cwel11 cwel11
4/23/2020 8:11 AM

I’ve never been a big fan of Webb, his mouth running over the years always rubbed me the wrong way. However, between his mental toughness, racecraft, and posts like above I keep inching closer to the wagon

GoonRider93 GoonRider93
4/23/2020 8:12 AM
Agent717 wrote:

Isn't ET's first born due ...more

My thoughts exactly. Tomac's baby is due that week I'm sure. That said, in RacerX's Instagram Live with Weege as mentioned by aeffertz above) and ET a couple weeks ago, he's pretty much ready to go from the sounds of it so I don't think it's him honestly.

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

Scull79 Scull79
4/23/2020 8:27 AM

another reason I'm a fan of Webb

aeffertz aeffertz
4/23/2020 8:28 AM
GoonRider93 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. ...more

True but let’s say this whole pandemic never happened. He would have been racing Hangtown that weekend regardless. It’s not like they decided to have a baby 2 months ago, ya’ know?

I wonder if we see more riders posting something similar to this so they can clear themselves from all the speculation. grin

mattyhamz2 mattyhamz2
4/23/2020 8:41 AM

Pretty interesting.

If it it is Kenny, can you blame him? With what his body has been through and being upfront about his immune system from all of the antibiotics he had to take, I can't blame him one bit.

This whole thing sucks for everyone and I want everyone there and for them all to be healthy.

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

Falcon Falcon
4/23/2020 8:42 AM
FuzzyLogic wrote:

What happens if Eli or Ken ...more

There should not be any consideration given to any rider about Coronavirus if the series resumes. Just like they don't stop the racing for six weeks if someone breaks a bone, or allow a restart if someone's bike quits. When the races run, you must be ready.

Braaapin' aint easy.

ricky racer ricky racer
4/23/2020 8:46 AM
logan_140 logan_140
4/23/2020 8:47 AM

This is a chance to grow the sport imo.. would be the only sport taking place. We could probably get the big NBC network too.. great oppurtunity here imo.

500guy 500guy
4/23/2020 8:51 AM

I liked what Coop had to say, how ever these guy's are back this weekend

https://pbr.com/news/2020/04/pbr-is-coming-back/

TbonesPop TbonesPop
4/23/2020 8:57 AM
Agent717 wrote:

Isn't ET's first born due ...more

GoonRider93 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. ...more

No fuckin way is it Tomac, he's a baller and is right in the middle of winning his first SX championship. Professional athlete's wives have kids all the time. That's just part of the gig of being a professional athlete. Just gotta deal with it. If I were Tomac, I would be less worried about the timing of the races and just the overall well being of my wife and kid given the virus. But work is work and I don't see Tomac letting that get in the way.

On Pulp, Reedy made mention of some teams grumbling about "not being ready" as well, and he pretty much said they needed to STFU and line up to race (gotta love that!).

Personally, the only 450 rider I could think it might be is Kenny, and at that I HIGHLY doubt its him. Ken wants to win the championship just as bad as Eli and he too is a baller. He's one tough SOB. The only reason I have a slight thought it might be him is due to his lower immunity due to his surgeries. Outside that, there's no way I see him doing it.

If I had to bet, I'd say its either a 250 team or one of the non-factory 450 teams. Whoever it is, they need to grab their lunch pail and put on their hard hat and get back to it. I can't believe any team couldn't be ready to ride in 4 weeks time. that's crazy.

CivBars CivBars
4/23/2020 9:06 AM
loftyair wrote:

Is anybody 'hurt', and ...more

Yes.

hamncheeze hamncheeze
4/23/2020 9:07 AM

Why worry about who Coop is calling out? This whole return to racing thing is dependent on so many factors, and many of those factors are still evolving. The Arizona governor, the mayor and city staff of Glendale, heck even the federal government may have something to say. The desires of the teams, yeah sure that's a factor but there are much bigger fish that need to be fried to make this plan happen.

Old MXer turned Superfan.

TbonesPop TbonesPop
4/23/2020 9:10 AM
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Pretty interesting.

If it ...more

I highly doubt its Ken - but the only reason I would think it could be him is from what you stated. My reasoning for it not being Ken is, 1) he's a tough M'fer and has beat all kinds of odds to come back to racing - and the odds of covid doing him in is highly unlikely (<95%). 2) He was willing to line up before they shut things down - he just was enforcing policy to avoid fans and people (good policy). 3) You know he's in shape. 4) You know he wants the championship.

This shit isn't going away (completely) so might as well start to deal with it. Hunkering down was meant to slow the spread so to not overwhelm the healthcare systems, not eradicate it. The world is getting better at how to treat it, which is key. Vaccines will eventually come out, but realistically that won't be until 2021. Gotta start finding ways to deal with the reality of it all, and do it very responsibly.

btn
btn
1 of 8

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry