Dangerboy Deegan

Spydee
11/28/2017 8:08am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 8:09am
r.sal923 wrote:
Ya, super weird. He introduces him self in videos by his nick name.
Ya, super weird. He introduces him self in videos by his nick name.
Spydee wrote:
You guys are complaining about a 10 year old going by a nickname when we got 20-somethings calling themselves fucking BamBam??
-MAVERICK- wrote:
To be fair the BamBam nickname was given to Barcia because of the way he rides. It's not like he starts an Instagram video or whatever...
To be fair the BamBam nickname was given to Barcia because of the way he rides. It's not like he starts an Instagram video or whatever and addresses himself as BamBam. I've never seen one of his clips start off as something like "Hey guys, BamBam here..."

The whole Danger Boy thing is pretty lame if you ask me and I'm not sure but I think it's Brian that started the whole thing.

That said Haiden is still a kid so who really cares but if he continues to address himself as Danger Boy when he becomes a teen then maybe people will have a reason to complain about it.
You could be right there, but I was just using BamBam as an example really, The point I was trying to get across is the fact he's just a kid and if he likes it then let him be who he wants to be - I'm sure that isn't a nickname that will stick around when he turns 20-odd. He's doing something right at the mo so leave the kid to it.
Titan1
11/28/2017 8:14am
I was never a fan of Brian Deegan during his racing/freestyle days...and I hate the Metal Mulisha brand and all it stands for and represents...but from what I’ve seen of Brian as a father, I’ve got to admit that I am impressed and have a ton of respect for how he is raising his kids.

I think Dangerboy has a very bright future...what he does with it will be up to him, and a little luck (avoiding injury). I wish him and he entire Deegan family the best.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/28/2017 8:19am
Spydee wrote:
You guys are complaining about a 10 year old going by a nickname when we got 20-somethings calling themselves fucking BamBam??
-MAVERICK- wrote:
To be fair the BamBam nickname was given to Barcia because of the way he rides. It's not like he starts an Instagram video or whatever...
To be fair the BamBam nickname was given to Barcia because of the way he rides. It's not like he starts an Instagram video or whatever and addresses himself as BamBam. I've never seen one of his clips start off as something like "Hey guys, BamBam here..."

The whole Danger Boy thing is pretty lame if you ask me and I'm not sure but I think it's Brian that started the whole thing.

That said Haiden is still a kid so who really cares but if he continues to address himself as Danger Boy when he becomes a teen then maybe people will have a reason to complain about it.
Spydee wrote:
You could be right there, but I was just using BamBam as an example really, The point I was trying to get across is the fact...
You could be right there, but I was just using BamBam as an example really, The point I was trying to get across is the fact he's just a kid and if he likes it then let him be who he wants to be - I'm sure that isn't a nickname that will stick around when he turns 20-odd. He's doing something right at the mo so leave the kid to it.
That's why I said he's still a kid so who really cares. Until then people should just let him be. It's not like the kid is a bad influence and posting pics flipping the bird or dropping a bunch of F-Bombs in his videos.

I personally don't know the Deegan's but he seems like a very humble and respectful kid. That much can't be said for a lot of kids out there. Seeing where Brian was in his 20's to where he is now I'd say he was pretty successful at turning his life around for the better and that shows through his kids.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
11/28/2017 8:22am
Titan1 wrote:
I was never a fan of Brian Deegan during his racing/freestyle days...and I hate the Metal Mulisha brand and all it stands for and represents...but from...
I was never a fan of Brian Deegan during his racing/freestyle days...and I hate the Metal Mulisha brand and all it stands for and represents...but from what I’ve seen of Brian as a father, I’ve got to admit that I am impressed and have a ton of respect for how he is raising his kids.

I think Dangerboy has a very bright future...what he does with it will be up to him, and a little luck (avoiding injury). I wish him and he entire Deegan family the best.
Totally agree with everything you said. Best of luck to the whole Deegan family.

The Shop

Spydee
11/28/2017 8:25am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Spydee wrote:
You could be right there, but I was just using BamBam as an example really, The point I was trying to get across is the fact...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That's why I said he's still a kid so who really cares. Until then people should just let him be. It's not like the kid is...
That's why I said he's still a kid so who really cares. Until then people should just let him be. It's not like the kid is a bad influence and posting pics flipping the bird or dropping a bunch of F-Bombs in his videos.

I personally don't know the Deegan's but he seems like a very humble and respectful kid. That much can't be said for a lot of kids out there. Seeing where Brian was in his 20's to where he is now I'd say he was pretty successful at turning his life around for the better and that shows through his kids.
Agreed!
11/28/2017 8:26am
First few, or 8.

People love a good underdog... er, grown man competing against adolescents.
jj welks
11/28/2017 8:32am
First few, or 8.

People love a good underdog... er, grown man competing against adolescents.
H

Here ya go clown you earned this one. Are you a relative of Joey savatgy? You seem to not like Osbourne lol!
Braaaphole
11/28/2017 8:37am
SOAB_465 wrote:
John Tomac has a wildly different attitude than Deegan. Unfortunately, Dangerboy's career will probably be closer to J-Law's than Tomac's. All the talent and amateur success...
John Tomac has a wildly different attitude than Deegan. Unfortunately, Dangerboy's career will probably be closer to J-Law's than Tomac's. All the talent and amateur success in the world can't make up for the rebel-without-a-cause mentality.
I can certainly understand why you'd think that based off of Brian's past, however Haiden is a super cool and well mannered kid. We met them at Loretta's this year and I was impressed by the kid and Brian, not at all what one would expect. Haiden gave my kid all kinds of stuff after the races, including the front number plate off of his championship bike. If you watch his video from Loretta's it shows him giving it to my kid. He also gave him a set of goggles and some other things. They welcomed my kid into their pits and talked to him for a while. I wasn't a fan of Brian back in the day, but I'll easily stand up for him now. He's done a great job with his family and really matured over the years.
peelout
11/28/2017 8:41am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 10:54am
the kid rips, bro

nothing to hate there, unless you guys are jealous of his ol' man's arm tatts
cali11
11/28/2017 8:44am
Time will tell, you can have all the money in the world & dosent mean your going to be a champion. Sure it will help, but there have been a lot of fast mini riders that never made it.
TXDirt
11/28/2017 9:59am
Only two things will stand in his way

1. Injuries
2. Burnout

A lot of "making it" is simply a battle of attrition. He will be fast. No doubt. He will rise through the ranks with a lot of fast kids as well. Iron sharpens iron so to speak. Only a select few will make it to the top of the sport.

At his current pace, by the time he is 15 he will likely do more laps around the track in a year then many of you here will do in a lifetime.

That's a lot of seat time. A lot of missing out on regular parts of life. For many, it turns from a sport they love into something they hate.

Hopefully his dad will be able to guide him in the right direction. He's off to a great start. Obviously many laps still to be laid down...
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
11/28/2017 10:00am
He's a kid. He is really fast. He has been blessed with opportunities and seems to understand the importance of making the most of his opportunities...
He's a kid. He is really fast. He has been blessed with opportunities and seems to understand the importance of making the most of his opportunities. But------he's a kid. Time will tell.

BTW, Bryan Myerscough was the fastest minibike rider I ever saw (faster than Wardy). Bryan didn't accomplish the same success as a pro-----but was virtually unbeatable as an amateur (queue up the Sean Kelley fan boys for a debate)...... Shit sometimes happens along the way that shifts the sands of destiny.
This.

The dude has all he needs to make it. Whether or not he does is mostly up to him.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
11/28/2017 10:52am
I am all in on this kid. Definately see something special.
cali11
11/28/2017 10:58am
Acidreamer wrote:
We will see about an sx star when he gets on a 250F. As much as I hate to say it AC and forkner were way...
We will see about an sx star when he gets on a 250F. As much as I hate to say it AC and forkner were way bigger ams and they are struggling
TymeMoto wrote:
Dude AC finished 2nd overall on the East in supercross and 3rd overall outdoors
Acidreamer wrote:
After how many years of injury? Hes not a star like webb or Osborne is. Im not hating. Ac is my favorite 250 rider. Just being...
After how many years of injury? Hes not a star like webb or Osborne is. Im not hating. Ac is my favorite 250 rider. Just being realistic.
Dude Osborne is like close to 30 & it's his first winning season. AC has had a ton of injuries, he was killing it his rookie year.
mwssquad827
11/28/2017 11:47am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 11:47am
LungButter wrote:
One thing I like about the Deegan kid is he still goes to real school 4 days a week.
I agree... I saw this on a video and I actually gained some respect for deegan, he said something like “if he can beat homeschooled kids then the moto dads need to make a new plan” kinda made me laugh too.. I think it was a Transworld vid..
muGz.147
Fantasy
1922nd
11/28/2017 11:57am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 11:58am
Brian, and his wife, have done a fantastic job of teaching Hailie, Haiden, and Hudson how to fall in love with the process, as well as balancing other elements of a "normal" kid's life. My .02, is that Dangerboy will be very successful at the pro level. I think the questions like "is he more _____ or more _____" are completely irrelevant. He can be himself, ignore the comparisons, and get really far with the talent and work ethic he already has instilled in him. I'm a fan
11/28/2017 1:06pm
SOAB_465 wrote:
John Tomac has a wildly different attitude than Deegan. Unfortunately, Dangerboy's career will probably be closer to J-Law's than Tomac's. All the talent and amateur success...
John Tomac has a wildly different attitude than Deegan. Unfortunately, Dangerboy's career will probably be closer to J-Law's than Tomac's. All the talent and amateur success in the world can't make up for the rebel-without-a-cause mentality.
Hm? What makes you say that he is a rebel?

Prejudging is about the worst thing one can do to anyone!!!

11/28/2017 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 1:17pm
SOAB_465 wrote:
Braaaphole wrote:
I can certainly understand why you'd think that based off of Brian's past, however Haiden is a super cool and well mannered kid. We met them...
I can certainly understand why you'd think that based off of Brian's past, however Haiden is a super cool and well mannered kid. We met them at Loretta's this year and I was impressed by the kid and Brian, not at all what one would expect. Haiden gave my kid all kinds of stuff after the races, including the front number plate off of his championship bike. If you watch his video from Loretta's it shows him giving it to my kid. He also gave him a set of goggles and some other things. They welcomed my kid into their pits and talked to him for a while. I wasn't a fan of Brian back in the day, but I'll easily stand up for him now. He's done a great job with his family and really matured over the years.
Braaaphole The reaction from your kid is priceless. Your kid showed what appreciation meant in that video.
Will Dangerboy make it as a pro? I have a horrible feeling that due to his popularity and skills moto will lose him to the car racing scene
Titan1
11/28/2017 1:20pm
How many current factory pro riders have more than 400K instagram followers?
JeepnMike
11/28/2017 1:38pm
cali11 wrote:
Dude Osborne is like close to 30 & it's his first winning season. AC has had a ton of injuries, he was killing it his rookie...
Dude Osborne is like close to 30 & it's his first winning season. AC has had a ton of injuries, he was killing it his rookie year.
That boy's gotta point. It also says something about the Baker Factory Whistling
PFitzG38
11/28/2017 2:30pm
SOAB_465 wrote:
Well there's definitely that., but that's what I mean by Brian knows the formula. I think he's seen that rebel movie. Time will tell and it'll be fun to watch.

I've had him pester me on a 65 a few weeks ago at Glen Helen until I pulled over to let him by to see what all he commotion was about - then pulled in behind him when I saw who it was to check him out. It was all I could do just to keep up with him on a 450 -on the big track and I don't think I could've passed him if I wanted to except maybe on the long straights or uphills.
toomanykaws
11/28/2017 2:31pm
Dangerboy has probably one of the best people on his side from the start. His dad knows the industry inside and out. Everyone can armchair judge. All anyone can do is wait and watch. I for one cant wait to see him in the pro class someday. Bet he has more fun than most who grinded out the road to being a pro. Nobody should judge any of these kids. They are still kids.
Spizzy
11/28/2017 5:48pm
Great parenting starts with running a big bore in the stock classes.
Helder
11/28/2017 5:57pm
Savage
11/28/2017 6:54pm
He's a kid. He is really fast. He has been blessed with opportunities and seems to understand the importance of making the most of his opportunities...
He's a kid. He is really fast. He has been blessed with opportunities and seems to understand the importance of making the most of his opportunities. But------he's a kid. Time will tell.

BTW, Bryan Myerscough was the fastest minibike rider I ever saw (faster than Wardy). Bryan didn't accomplish the same success as a pro-----but was virtually unbeatable as an amateur (queue up the Sean Kelley fan boys for a debate)...... Shit sometimes happens along the way that shifts the sands of destiny.
I think of Ben Riddle when reading this post. Absolute freak on a motorcycle, making you nervous just watching. However, injuries changed his career drastically.

Haiden clearly has the support and money to succeed for a long time. Barring any setbacks, Deegan will be fun to watch for a very long time.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
11/28/2017 6:57pm
, I think Brian Deegan and his family have been doing some stuff very right, keeping him in normal school, i was playing football this year to, putting all that puts the burn out probability a lot lower IMO,

also, Brian does not need the money from the sponsors to keep him racing, which is a good thing to keep things less stressful,

i think he has a better shot than most at making it as a pro, but there is a lot of things to go before you get there,
aeffertz
11/28/2017 7:32pm
LungButter wrote:
One thing I like about the Deegan kid is he still goes to real school 4 days a week.
That really shows in the way he speaks, too! Brian is really doing a great job!
Rockinar
11/29/2017 1:29am
Acidreamer wrote:
We will see about an sx star when he gets on a 250F. As much as I hate to say it AC and forkner were way...
We will see about an sx star when he gets on a 250F. As much as I hate to say it AC and forkner were way bigger ams and they are struggling
Look at his videos. Hes 11 and can rip a 450. He has talent. It just seems these superstar kids rarely pan out do to drugs, burn out, injuries. It seems the SX/MX superstars are the ones who sorta flew under the radar in amateurs.

Post a reply to: Dangerboy Deegan

The Latest