David Bailey MXGP

ajv#26
|
PastranaWho
7/24/2017 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 6:13pm
Nothing but facts coming from bailey. I just think SX is the main focus for the US riders and you dont see that all out aproach like the GPs. The premiere outdoor championship right now is the GPs
Xeno
7/24/2017 1:32pm
The MXGP broadcasts would be much less boring if Bailey was doing the color commentary.

Barrzy256
7/24/2017 1:37pm
In my opinion, he's also picked one of the most boring GP's of this year, apart from Qatar. Loket normally produces great racing, I didn't feel like that happened yesterday

The Shop

RangerLee
7/24/2017 1:42pm
Wait, less ruts at a MXGP? I thought one of the points made here is that MXGP tracks are usually more rough than AMA MX tracks?

Did things change?
500guy
7/24/2017 1:46pm
RangerLee wrote:
Wait, less ruts at a MXGP? I thought one of the points made here is that MXGP tracks are usually more rough than AMA MX tracks...
Wait, less ruts at a MXGP? I thought one of the points made here is that MXGP tracks are usually more rough than AMA MX tracks?

Did things change?
it depends on who everyone is mad at this week.
7/24/2017 1:57pm
RangerLee wrote:
Wait, less ruts at a MXGP? I thought one of the points made here is that MXGP tracks are usually more rough than AMA MX tracks...

Did things change?
They are usually more rough.. nothing to do with ruts
ATKpilot99
7/24/2017 1:59pm
Yay David Bailey likes us. He really really likes us , lol.
Sodipop
7/24/2017 2:05pm
RangerLee wrote:

Did things change?
Dude. Ruts does not equal rough. Why is that so hard?
motomike137
7/24/2017 2:17pm
RangerLee wrote:

Did things change?
Sodipop wrote:
X2
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/24/2017 2:29pm
Barrzy256 wrote:
In my opinion, he's also picked one of the most boring GP's of this year, apart from Qatar. Loket normally produces great racing, I didn't feel...
In my opinion, he's also picked one of the most boring GP's of this year, apart from Qatar. Loket normally produces great racing, I didn't feel like that happened yesterday
saturday was great imo.
Didn't get to watch the sunday races yet
philG
7/24/2017 2:39pm
Loket had a downpour, on sunday morning , after a bit of overnight rain. The first races wernt so good, but seeing as they dont rip it deep there, the water doesnt go in, but runs off... its good prep.

Would have liked to go, but we are doing Lommel & Frauenfeld in a couple of weeks as they are back to back. Next year for sure,
ATKpilot99
7/24/2017 2:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 2:52pm
RangerLee wrote:

Did things change?
Sodipop wrote:
It doesn't equal rough but it does string out the field. More so than a rough track imo.
ATKpilot99
7/24/2017 2:56pm
It doesn't surprise me that mccread latched onto to Bailey's post . His (and MxGeoffs) obsession with comparing the two series' is amusing. It's like they need it for validation. The GPs don't need that validation.... never have . It's like they have this complex that's rooted back in the 80s.
Titan1
7/24/2017 3:14pm
As much as I hate to say it...MXGP is quickly becoming the premier motocross series in the world. And it has nothing to do with the GP's having better riders than America...because they don't...I blame supercross...American race teams only care about supercross...and its hurting the nationals. Both in terms of exposure and rider attrition.

And I've never understood the "sponsors only care about supercross" thing (and I'm as much of an "outsider" to this industry as one can be)...seems to me the same media outlets cover both series? (besides the nationals on NBC sports, and supercross on fox)...most of that media coverage is industry specific (its not like supercross highlites are on sports center and covering in Sports Illustrated and the nationals aren't)...though there are "supercross only" riders...I don't know of any "supercross only" fans (all the fans follow both series equally...and almost all of those fans are enthusiasts and participants).

If its the same media outlets covering both series, essentially the same fans following both series....can someone explain where the extra "sponsor" value comes from in supercross?

PRM31
7/24/2017 3:21pm
I think Bailey was spot on. Each series evolves and I think MXGP is very competitive right now and the tracks are quite good for the most part.

The weather was certainly a factor at Millville, but they knew it was going to rain and still ripped it a foot deep, or more. WTF...
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/24/2017 3:29pm
Titan1 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it...MXGP is quickly becoming the premier motocross series in the world. And it has nothing to do with the...
As much as I hate to say it...MXGP is quickly becoming the premier motocross series in the world. And it has nothing to do with the GP's having better riders than America...because they don't...I blame supercross...American race teams only care about supercross...and its hurting the nationals. Both in terms of exposure and rider attrition.

And I've never understood the "sponsors only care about supercross" thing (and I'm as much of an "outsider" to this industry as one can be)...seems to me the same media outlets cover both series? (besides the nationals on NBC sports, and supercross on fox)...most of that media coverage is industry specific (its not like supercross highlites are on sports center and covering in Sports Illustrated and the nationals aren't)...though there are "supercross only" riders...I don't know of any "supercross only" fans (all the fans follow both series equally...and almost all of those fans are enthusiasts and participants).

If its the same media outlets covering both series, essentially the same fans following both series....can someone explain where the extra "sponsor" value comes from in supercross?

60,000 seats at $50.00 each
Titan1
7/24/2017 4:34pm
Titan1 wrote:
As much as I hate to say it...MXGP is quickly becoming the premier motocross series in the world. And it has nothing to do with the...

langhammx wrote:
Everyone says that race attendance doesn't mean much in terms of revenue...and that money doesn't go to the teams/riders sponsors anyway...it goes to the promoter, sanctioning body, facility. Besides its not like the fans in the stands can see the sposnor logos on the bikes anyway (which would be the only sponsor benefit from butts in the seats).
jonesaustin
7/24/2017 4:39pm
Bailey wants the sport to have a aura of prestige, something we've lost to some degree since Carmichael dominated and we started seeing phrases like get'rdone. This isn't NASCAR, it's fighter pilots dogfighting with advanced machinery. More like F1. This sport should be branded that way imo.
steve_97060
7/24/2017 8:15pm
PRM31 wrote:
I think Bailey was spot on. Each series evolves and I think MXGP is very competitive right now and the tracks are quite good for the...
I think Bailey was spot on. Each series evolves and I think MXGP is very competitive right now and the tracks are quite good for the most part.

The weather was certainly a factor at Millville, but they knew it was going to rain and still ripped it a foot deep, or more. WTF...
we are still in the rutocross era, and it makes the racing boring...
Shaned9326
7/25/2017 6:29am
I completely agree with the fact that our big sponsors have basically killed real motocross on our side of the pond as supercross dominates everything and with that being said the riders don't really have much time to dedicate to actuall old school racing anymore and when the monster energy cup Becomes mes more important than the damn des nations to our rides and our fans than it's no wonder we have a problem winning it the way we did back in the old school days when bailey, o Mara, ward, Rc , and our guys couldn't wait to race the euros and hated to lose at any track in the world!! Realize times have changed and understand the pressure put on our elite pilots, but still think it's a shitty deal for everyone as battles between all the best riders in the world on a actual mx track trumps a damn 20 minute jump fest imo any day of the week and I've been to many races including suoercross, nationals, and gps!!! No comparison as suoercross more of a show and motocross more of a true balls out race especially when your racing for your country!! Enough venting, peace out mx brothers!!
RG1
7/25/2017 6:43am
I saw this on Instagram and thought it was cool. Why do gatedrop think it's worthy of an article though?
Tbteam
7/25/2017 6:59am
Don't take Davids words as a pure endorsement of MXGP and an indictment of the US series. We're in a pattern right now that's a bit troubling, and many of us are disappointed. It's an observation, and nobody is condemning anybody.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/25/2017 7:24am
RG1 wrote:
I saw this on Instagram and thought it was cool. Why do gatedrop think it's worthy of an article though?
They wouldn't think so if Bailey had praised the AMA circuit. I'm just guessing on that one though
RG1
7/25/2017 7:27am
RG1 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
They wouldn't think so if Bailey had praised the AMA circuit. I'm just guessing on that one though
Haha. I think you may be right
Camp332
7/25/2017 7:30am
Tbteam wrote:
Don't take Davids words as a pure endorsement of MXGP and an indictment of the US series. We're in a pattern right now that's a bit...
Don't take Davids words as a pure endorsement of MXGP and an indictment of the US series. We're in a pattern right now that's a bit troubling, and many of us are disappointed. It's an observation, and nobody is condemning anybody.
Hi buddy!

Yeah DB is spot on about the current situation in moto. At least how my eyes see things.
huck
7/25/2017 7:35am
While I see his comments and somewhat agree...imagine how fast these guys would be going if the tracks weren't rutted and rough!? Then would everybody be in an uproar about the number of high speed injuries?
motomike137
7/25/2017 7:37am
Tbteam wrote:
Don't take Davids words as a pure endorsement of MXGP and an indictment of the US series. We're in a pattern right now that's a bit...
Well said. Even though I admit to not following (watching) MXGP as much as I should I respect and love both series. To me the point here is really simple and been beaten to death on this forum... endless slot car like conditions do not make for great racing. Rough ass, bumpy, choppy, mogully (is it a word?) conditions can and usually do lend to good racing.
wfo4ever
7/25/2017 7:50am
langhammx wrote:
We have a winner!!! SX is where the money is because more people attend the races and the TV ratings are much better. That is what sponsors want, the most exposure possible to sell product.
Titan1
7/25/2017 8:30am
langhammx wrote:
wfo4ever wrote:
We have a winner!!! SX is where the money is because more people attend the races and the TV ratings are much better. That is what...
We have a winner!!! SX is where the money is because more people attend the races and the TV ratings are much better. That is what sponsors want, the most exposure possible to sell product.
Do the series/team/rider sponsors (or even the teams and riders themselves) see any of the attendance money? I was under the impression that they didn't see any of that money...

How much better are the TV ratings for super Ross compared to the Nationals?

Post a reply to: David Bailey MXGP

The Latest