Dean Ferris- KTM

mxmaniac
Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 5:36am
Dean has picked up a 450sxf and intends on racing a round of the Australian titles up next at Murray Bridge.
I wondered if there is any potential moto openings on a KTM in the US?
|
PJRAUS
4/19/2019 2:48am
Dunno, but he needs to go to Murray Bridge and go 1 1.
Needs to get a win and some positive vibes happening before he heads over to the USA
Could be tricky on a new bike with a late start though..
mxmaniac
4/19/2019 2:51am
PJRAUS wrote:
Dunno, but he needs to go to Murray Bridge and go 1 1. Needs to get a win and some positive vibes happening before he heads...
Needs to get a win and some positive vibes happening before he heads over to the USA
I thought if he was going to try go dominate, the wise choice would be to ride a Yamaha that he knows inside out. it makes me think there maybe something bigger in the background being the reason to be on the KTM.
Hope so anyway!

The Shop

mxmaniac
4/19/2019 2:54am
PJRAUS wrote:
Dunno, but he needs to go to Murray Bridge and go 1 1. Needs to get a win and some positive vibes happening before he heads...
I am in Melb and went to the Murray bridge round a couple of years ago.. although flat, it is a great track with dirt I would happily eat haha
Jrewing
4/19/2019 3:04am
Good to win on another brand and prove he’s not Yamaha only
agn5009
4/19/2019 3:31am
So what exactly are his plans this year? Seems like he’s committing career suicide just bouncing around like this.
4/19/2019 3:55am
agn5009 wrote:
So what exactly are his plans this year? Seems like he’s committing career suicide just bouncing around like this.
Got to admit I questioned why he would switch to a KTM as if he dosen't kill it at the Aussie national it probably wouldn't look great to the American teams. Even if he doesn't get an offer from an American team he is still hot property in Aus.

Hopefully MXmanic is onto something.
tek14
4/19/2019 7:08am
He did tweak his knee just couple weeks ago and had to pull out from Factory Yamaha MXGP ride. Now he is ready to ride KTM back home?
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
4/19/2019 8:28am
It's a source of income until he finalises something stateside if it goes ahead and if it doesn't he has a ride here in Australia.

The bike he was using was his championship bike and a couple years old
js451
4/19/2019 2:28pm
I rode at Coolum Mx yesterday and Kirk Gibbs was there on a Yamaha so that may have something to do with dean on ktm. I didn’t know Gibbs had gone to Yamaha
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
4/19/2019 2:43pm
Personally I don’t think he has anything lined up for hangtown or he would be on his way over now to prepare rather than thinking about racing next round in Australia which is already 3 races into its series, I hope I’m wrong but it’s looking like a wasted year.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
4/19/2019 2:44pm
Wants a Bike He Can win on Ready To Race
4/19/2019 3:33pm
I am hoping he races over here this Summer, but never really understood his career trajectory. Seems like a really talented guy, but he has never seemed to stay in any particular series for very long. Why has he not been a full time MXGP or AMA rider???
4/19/2019 4:01pm
Access to KTM Factory Services for suspension and engines in the states ?
block75
4/19/2019 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2019 4:15pm
Most likely is that all the other teams are full and Raceline KTMs young 250 title contender Jy Roberts just had a pretty nasty crash and is out indefinitely, Raceline probably needs 3 bikes on the gates and Ferris can’t keep training by himself he needs race conditions to keep sharp so this fits well for both parties.

I can’t see him lined up on a factory bike or factory supported bike for hangtown at this stage as it seems to be too late in the season to have it sorted unless there is another big injury the US in the next couple of weeks. I believe he probably should have gone back to the US and kept training over there and even turn up on his own bike if that is his main goal to race in the US. I think we might see Dean still in Australia for SX and possibly full time next year but where he lands is the real question with 2 year deals done at most teams already.
MXMattii
4/19/2019 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2019 5:05pm
Wasn't there a rumor that Marvin his knee isn't still 100%, that he needs surgery and that the time between Outdoors and Supercross is to short to get all the work (in surgery) and rehabilitating done. That would also be the reason why last winter the surgeons didn't do everything, but only the highly necessary. To get him ready for supercross...

Dunno if that rumor is true, because if it would've been the case, they could've and should've picked Ferris and maybe someone like Guillod as replacement for Herlings in Europe. So they could give Herlings a chance to chase the US Outdoor championship.
tek14
4/19/2019 9:40pm
I am hoping he races over here this Summer, but never really understood his career trajectory. Seems like a really talented guy, but he has never...
I am hoping he races over here this Summer, but never really understood his career trajectory. Seems like a really talented guy, but he has never seemed to stay in any particular series for very long. Why has he not been a full time MXGP or AMA rider???
He was MXGP full time 2012-2015 and lived in EU. He was Ice One Husqvarna Factory rider.
After that he just raced Australia/New Zealand championships.

PJRAUS
4/20/2019 1:37am
PJRAUS wrote:
mxmaniac wrote:
I am in Melb and went to the Murray bridge round a couple of years ago.. although flat, it is a great track with dirt I...
I am in Melb and went to the Murray bridge round a couple of years ago.. although flat, it is a great track with dirt I would happily eat haha
I raced a national at Murray Bridge...known as Mannum, back in 2001, yep...fantastic track, I too would eat that dirt..
brycepdh
4/20/2019 1:40am
PJRAUS wrote:
mxmaniac wrote:
I am in Melb and went to the Murray bridge round a couple of years ago.. although flat, it is a great track with dirt I...
PJRAUS wrote:
I raced a national at Murray Bridge...known as Mannum, back in 2001, yep...fantastic track, I too would eat that dirt..
Raced junior aussies at Murray bridge about 8/7 years ago and it was a mud fest. I would not eat that dirt...
mxmaniac
4/20/2019 4:11am
mxmaniac wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
brycepdh wrote:
Raced junior aussies at Murray bridge about 8/7 years ago and it was a mud fest. I would not eat that dirt...
poor bugger, man the conditions were prime time when I was there. like Chocolate cake
brycepdh
4/20/2019 4:16am
PJRAUS wrote:
brycepdh wrote:
mxmaniac wrote:
poor bugger, man the conditions were prime time when I was there. like Chocolate cake
Will have to say it made my mouth water from pictures in prime time conditions
PJRAUS
4/20/2019 5:07am
mxmaniac wrote:
PJRAUS wrote:
brycepdh wrote:
?????
4/20/2019 6:06am
I think he's flailing a bit now. He was pretty underwhelming on the factory Yamaha at the mxgp of GB. You can't not race and expect to be quick. That SX injury last year really didn't help him.
4/21/2019 5:43am
I think he's flailing a bit now. He was pretty underwhelming on the factory Yamaha at the mxgp of GB. You can't not race and expect...
I think he's flailing a bit now. He was pretty underwhelming on the factory Yamaha at the mxgp of GB. You can't not race and expect to be quick. That SX injury last year really didn't help him.
You’re right.. he’s gone Yamaha>Suzuki>Fill in MXGP Yamaha> Newcastle KTM in the past 6 months.
What’s going on !?!?
He keeps saying the plan is to race Hangtown but that’s a month away and he should be testing on his race bike on US tracks by now.
He is a great guy and I hope the best for him but it’s probably not going to work out this year.. it’s a shame one of the US factory teams are not helping him out.. Put him on Forkners PC bike FFS !!!
Dougy1
4/23/2019 3:34am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:34am
Have u guys listened to oz moto podcast with Ferris What a cluster fuck poor bugger ,I still dont understand how he can fly him and his family there for a Suzuki ride that never showed up ? Is Suzuki or jgr unreliable or was Ferris dreaming that there was even a ride there for him ?
No disrespect to the guy I’m sure he will sort something in Australia for next year but the Nationals is loooking sketchy considering he admitted he will never race Supercross again
SethGator
4/23/2019 5:36am
I am hoping he races over here this Summer, but never really understood his career trajectory. Seems like a really talented guy, but he has never...
was supposed to come here full time like Tommy Searle and was chewed up and spit out from SX.

Bearuno
4/23/2019 6:38am
No, he wasn't "chewed up and spit out from SX"

He did pretty well in his few 250SX races, I think qualifying for the mains every time?. But, he came home during the West series (I think?) break, and got hurt practicing over here in Australia.

Then went to MXGP, for the KTHusky team, mid season.

As I've written a few times on this site, I admire Ferris for his efforts at getting off his arse, and going, on his own 'dime' at times, to pursue the career he wants. Most riders, sit back and do the easier (for them) things.

It's just a damned shame injuries have got him, a few times now.

Post a reply to: Dean Ferris- KTM

The Latest