Deano or Anderson?

davistld01
7/22/2017 5:10am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 2:17pm
Who will wind up 2017 as the team leader under the Rockstar Husqvarna awning? Jason Anderson or Dean Wilson?

I've said it before & I'll say it again...Jason Anderson ain't no championship rider. No, I'm not a fan. I think Jason rides like a punk most of the time, and is more interested in wrecking anybody in front of him that trying to find the fastest way up front. He gets a start occasionally, and can pull a win...but no way will he ever give Rockstar or Husqvarna a title. He will never be consistent enough.

Dean Wilson, on the other hand...just might. Not now, while Eli Tomac is having his day...but Dean is consistently improving & moving up in his finishes. His mistakes are few, and for this being his premier year on the brand, I think he's been damned impressive. He's not overly aggressive, not controversial & I think he really wants to show the world he has it in him. His finishes so far this year have to make the Rockstar team glad they signed him...and make other teams sorry they didn't.
|
JohnnyT_983
7/22/2017 5:15am
I like them both, but isn't Anderson super close with the guy that runs the rockstar team? Or the owner or something like that? I may be wrong but I thought I had read that some place.

I think Deano has potential and if he can stay off the ground that may be a championship down the road. Anderson could probably win a championship in SX if he could get some consistency and you never know. SX 18 could be crazy because nobody that can win a championship has had the worlds best consistency.
Should be good to watch regardless I hope.
RG1
7/22/2017 5:18am
I think Deano has it in him to be the number 1 guy at a factory team, but for '18 I think you would have to say that Anderson is going to be the number 1 rider there. At the minute he's probably the guy who is most likely to get you race wins and podiums. I would say though that Husky have a great team there and a perfect balance. On one side of the awning you have a guy who is aggressive, blazing fast, and is likely to be challenging for wins and podiums every week, but is also prone to getting himself in trouble and maybe missing some races. In Deano they have someone who has been extremely consistent all year, you know he's going to be top 10 every week and most weeks will be around the top 5 with the chance of some podiums.
7/22/2017 5:26am
Anderson won a Moto...has been battling for podiums...he is the man and will be the man. Dean just isn't on that level
Barrzy256
7/22/2017 5:27am
Deano needs 3-4s a lap for this to be serious. And I'm a Deano fan. I think he has it in him thorough, you don't lose he skills he used to have in the 250 days. Hopefully he finds that between now and next season

The Shop

kkawboy14
7/22/2017 5:28am
Dean is gonna have to take it from him!
downard254
7/22/2017 5:31am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 5:32am
Like the two posts above, Dean isn't there yet, but a good solid injury free season, building of some confidence and strength, and 2018 could be a damn good year for him. I for one hope to see it.

Edit: well, 2-3 posts above
Tzevtkoff
7/22/2017 5:36am
Anderson has a Wilson in each wrist.
philG
7/22/2017 5:47am
Barrzy256 wrote:
Deano needs 3-4s a lap for this to be serious. And I'm a Deano fan. I think he has it in him thorough, you don't lose...
Deano needs 3-4s a lap for this to be serious. And I'm a Deano fan. I think he has it in him thorough, you don't lose he skills he used to have in the 250 days. Hopefully he finds that between now and next season
This.. he is a great rider, but lacks the killer speed .. i think he is making small steps every week, but the time gap to the front guys is too big
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/22/2017 6:41am
Anderson is clearly the team leader but the team has great potential.

Deano has a ways to go to be a team leader and the pressure that goes along with that. Being a #1B is a nice spot to be in for him.
Sodipop
7/22/2017 6:50am
davistld01 wrote:
Who will wind up 2017 as the team leader under the Rockstar Husqvarna awning? Jason Anderson or Dean Wilson? I've said it before & I'll say...
Who will wind up 2017 as the team leader under the Rockstar Husqvarna awning? Jason Anderson or Dean Wilson?

I've said it before & I'll say it again...Jason Anderson ain't no championship rider. No, I'm not a fan. I think Jason rides like a punk most of the time, and is more interested in wrecking anybody in front of him that trying to find the fastest way up front. He gets a start occasionally, and can pull a win...but no way will he ever give Rockstar or Husqvarna a title. He will never be consistent enough.

Dean Wilson, on the other hand...just might. Not now, while Eli Tomac is having his day...but Dean is consistently improving & moving up in his finishes. His mistakes are few, and for this being his premier year on the brand, I think he's been damned impressive. He's not overly aggressive, not controversial & I think he really wants to show the world he has it in him. His finishes so far this year have to make the Rockstar team glad they signed him...and make other teams sorry they didn't.
Davalos

Classic thread.
YamaLink
7/22/2017 6:57am
davistld01 wrote:
Who will wind up 2017 as the team leader under the Rockstar Husqvarna awning? Jason Anderson or Dean Wilson? I've said it before & I'll say...

Sodipop wrote:
Davalos

Classic thread.
Coffee all over keyboard!
7/22/2017 8:50am
This isn't even a close discussion....Dean isn't even in the conversation of being the number 1 guy! Deano is a badass but knows his place.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
7/22/2017 9:15am
JA might make you eat those words soon
7/22/2017 4:15pm
What you saying about deano and anderson now then? Seems a bit quite from you guys!
Sodipop
7/22/2017 4:16pm
What you saying about deano and anderson now then? Seems a bit quite from you guys!
Obviously the same. I'd much rather have Anderson. Wilson is riding a little better in a depleted field. Andersons injuries are helping him get better finishes.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/22/2017 4:30pm
Dumbgeon
milliebays
7/22/2017 5:44pm
JA21 makes bad decisions. Im sure KTM loves him for taking BB4 out of the championship with that ego move a couple weeks ago.
Jay Cee
7/22/2017 6:00pm
davistld01 wrote:

Sodipop wrote:
Davalos

Classic thread.
YamaLink wrote:
Coffee all over keyboard!
Thank you all.. Stitches over here Woohoo
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
7/22/2017 6:36pm
Credit where credit is due.

Davalos IS riding well. Good for him.
BobbyM
7/23/2017 7:14pm
davistld01 wrote:

I say yer wrong... and yer the punk. Anderson is champ material and future title winner.
davistld01
7/23/2017 7:22pm
davistld01 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
I say yer wrong... and yer the punk. Anderson is champ material and future title winner.
Anybody that has to wreck 'em to pass 'me rides like a punk in my book no matter what you say. Is that how you won races?
TeamGreen
7/23/2017 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 7:31pm
davistld01 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
Old School Hi-5 to the Maico Bad Ass & the next round is on me.

Your post made me and the Canadian Red Plate "Number 2" laugh out loud.

A1 this winter?
7/23/2017 7:36pm
milliebays wrote:
JA21 makes bad decisions. Im sure KTM loves him for taking BB4 out of the championship with that ego move a couple weeks ago.
Ego move? Go play/watch badminton if that was too much for you.
TXDirt
7/23/2017 7:53pm
Anderson has Moto winning speed. Wilson doesn't. Yes Anderson has been a bit inconsistent but you will always pay for potential. Wilson is an excellent rider and easy number two on any team. Wilson is building his stock back up and there might be many buyers on the open market.

KRoc/Wilson
Eli/Wilson
Webb/Wilson
Marvin/Wilson
Barcia/Wilson

He his a solid number two guy.
FTB
7/23/2017 8:48pm
davistld01 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
If he does win one it'll be luck that got it for him. He has no brains.
917rider
7/23/2017 9:33pm
TXDirt wrote:
Anderson has Moto winning speed. Wilson doesn't. Yes Anderson has been a bit inconsistent but you will always pay for potential. Wilson is an excellent rider...
Anderson has Moto winning speed. Wilson doesn't. Yes Anderson has been a bit inconsistent but you will always pay for potential. Wilson is an excellent rider and easy number two on any team. Wilson is building his stock back up and there might be many buyers on the open market.

KRoc/Wilson
Eli/Wilson
Webb/Wilson
Marvin/Wilson
Barcia/Wilson

He his a solid number two guy.
Wilson/barcia
r.sal923
7/23/2017 9:40pm
Wilson to Honda , we can only hope.
milliebays
7/23/2017 10:46pm
milliebays wrote:
it was a bad decision motivated by ego. doesnt trigger me none. just stupid
7/23/2017 11:45pm
Hmmm. If everything keeps up, is it fair to say that Anderson/Dean/Osborne/Davalos is flat-out the best team in moto?
RG1
7/23/2017 11:52pm
milliebays wrote:
milliebays wrote:
it was a bad decision motivated by ego. doesnt trigger me none. just stupid
At that stage Anderson was still in the title hunt. Baggett was just as much if not more at fault in that move anyway

Post a reply to: Deano or Anderson?

The Latest