Decisions, decisions, Rockstar or Red bull?

JoePit
Currently have a 2017 YZ450F. Should have spoke to the guy that had 1 if each today at the track and was switching between motos. Real life problems right there. Have any of you rode both? Is it worth making the switch? Not gonna lie makes be jealous now that mostly everyone has electric start these days. My son has 2 TC50'S so I'm really leaning towards the Rockstar Edition Husky.
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
7/4/2018 2:29pm
If your son has a husky, get a husky. Hes gonna be ecstatic yall have the "same" bike
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/4/2018 2:34pm
Can't go wrong with either in my opinion but get the Husky. Matching bikes are cool.
JustMX
7/4/2018 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 2:50pm
I am confused, why would the guy be switching between Rockstar and redbull between motos?

Does one of them have a different ingredient that makes it better than the other for specific motos?

Is the guy just afraid to commit to one drink?

Are you hanging out in the pits at different tracks to sample other riders drink preferences?

Please confirm you are carrying little sample cups instead of sharing theirs.

Personally, I think a thread dedicated to discussing drink preferences is borderline non-moto.

I mean what is next, arguing which beer is best?
Kyle_McNab
7/4/2018 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 2:54pm
Do you mean ktm for vs husky rockstar? If so I’d say go for the husky so you lil dude will be pumped to be on the same bike as his dad. I’m sure the difference between the two are minuscule

The Shop

Zaugg
7/4/2018 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 3:01pm
JoePit wrote:
Currently have a 2017 YZ450F. Should have spoke to the guy that had 1 if each today at the track and was switching between motos. Real...
Currently have a 2017 YZ450F. Should have spoke to the guy that had 1 if each today at the track and was switching between motos. Real life problems right there. Have any of you rode both? Is it worth making the switch? Not gonna lie makes be jealous now that mostly everyone has electric start these days. My son has 2 TC50'S so I'm really leaning towards the Rockstar Edition Husky.
The differences are minimal between the FE450 and RE450. Mostly the touch points of the bike and of course the aesthetics. The KTM is gonna feel more precise while the Husky is gonna feel more comfortable. Power, performance, durability are all gonna be very close. As Maverick said, you can't go wrong with either.

Your kid is gonna be so stoked to have his dad buy a bike just like his. I'd make sure to take him with you when you go to pick it up.

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/4/2018 2:59pm
I like white better than orange.

They are both awesome, I see where you are in a bind...
JoePit
7/4/2018 4:11pm
Kinda what I figured. The fact that my son rides white kinda makes the choice I have to make the obvious one.

And yes JustMX dude at the track today was literally 2 spots over from me with both Factory Editions at his disposal. Why was he switching between motos you ask? Because he can would be my best bet.

My friend that has a 2018 450F just picked up a Rockstar Edition and based on riding it once he likes it much better than his blue bike. Claims it's much easier to ride. Likes the power delivery much better. Very smooth with a lot less vibration.

I appreciate the feedback folks and apologize for starting a pointless apples and oranges thread like this. I kinda figured the differences, if any at all would be subtle.

Make the little one happy and don't look back Smile
Spergen
7/4/2018 5:42pm
Neither, i would get a TM300. But then again I like being different to everyone else.

Post a reply to: Decisions, decisions, Rockstar or Red bull?

The Latest