Did the meetings happen?

bustinnuts!
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2020 6:13am
How did the meetings go Wednesday with Feld? Did they release a date for Supercross to come back?

|
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/1/2020 5:18pm
I'd bet dollars to donuts SX isn't coming back this spring.
bustinnuts!
5/1/2020 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 5:30pm
soggy wrote:
Probably right, it’s just weird there has not been any info out yet, I’m pretty sure Steve from PulpMX said they were having a meeting this week, I could definitely be wrong though.
9bro9
5/1/2020 5:38pm
soggy wrote:
JetSon just took off his shirt.
JAFO92
5/1/2020 6:39pm
Is someone gonna get an asterisk by their 2020 AMA SX title?

The Shop

500guy
5/1/2020 6:41pm
Part of the problem is our AZ Governor is a Douche
FlaNard
5/1/2020 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2020 10:32pm
Bring it to Utah! Seriously! Utah has been working hard trying to be the action sports capital and the weather couldn't be better right now. Our Governor is actually pretty decent and would almost certainly support this.
aeffertz
5/1/2020 6:51pm
"They" said by Wednesday we will know and Tuesday afternoon they released the updated race schedule of May 31st. So the most recent update is the schedule got pushed back two weeks again (guessing because of the rise in cases).

My concern is, if we are doing more and more testing as the test become more readily available, won't the number of confirmed cases increase regardless? If we test more people, it only seems likely that more people will be confirmed to have it. A close friend of mine's dad was hospitalized and put on a respirator a few weeks ago and was confirmed positive for Covid-19. The entire household that became sick but didn't need emergency medical assistance were denied tests and were just told to self quarantine.

If testing is now more widely available, wouldn't the rise in confirmed cases simply reflect the uptick in testing?
bustinnuts!
5/1/2020 6:53pm
aeffertz wrote:
"They" said by Wednesday we will know and Tuesday afternoon they released the updated race schedule of May 31st. So the most recent update is the...
"They" said by Wednesday we will know and Tuesday afternoon they released the updated race schedule of May 31st. So the most recent update is the schedule got pushed back two weeks again (guessing because of the rise in cases).

My concern is, if we are doing more and more testing as the test become more readily available, won't the number of confirmed cases increase regardless? If we test more people, it only seems likely that more people will be confirmed to have it. A close friend of mine's dad was hospitalized and put on a respirator a few weeks ago and was confirmed positive for Covid-19. The entire household that became sick but didn't need emergency medical assistance were denied tests and were just told to self quarantine.

If testing is now more widely available, wouldn't the rise in confirmed cases simply reflect the uptick in testing?
Thankyou for the info, I hope your friends are going tobe ok 👍🏼
aeffertz
5/1/2020 7:03pm
Thank you. This was about a month ago and they have all recovered since.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/1/2020 7:19pm
aeffertz wrote:
"They" said by Wednesday we will know and Tuesday afternoon they released the updated race schedule of May 31st. So the most recent update is the...

yes and no. weeks ago you basically had to be dying to get tested, so there were certainly people that had it but were denied tests. now nearly any one can get tested (atleast in utah) so lots of people are getting tested and getting negative results. It works both ways.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
5/1/2020 8:02pm
aeffertz wrote:
Thank you. This was about a month ago and they have all recovered since.
Correct. Our governor in Minnesota said this explicitly. “As testing increases drastically expect case numbers to do the same.” I’m paraphrasing but that’s the message he conveyed
aeffertz
5/1/2020 9:00pm
soggy wrote:
yes and no. weeks ago you basically had to be dying to get tested, so there were certainly people that had it but were denied tests...
yes and no. weeks ago you basically had to be dying to get tested, so there were certainly people that had it but were denied tests. now nearly any one can get tested (atleast in utah) so lots of people are getting tested and getting negative results. It works both ways.
The negative test results don't subtract from the number of confirmed cases though. It will help the mortality rate but if people are only looking at the number of cases and they are increasing as a result of more testing, doesn't that almost paint a picture of "things are getting worse" if there isn't some sort of percentage also stated?

Example with random numbers: 75% of tests were positive during strict testing. 25% of tests are postive with more widespread testing. I feel like it's an important detail to look at rather than just explicitly "number of confirmed cases". How can we expect the curve to flatten or decrease if we are only looking at number of cases when the testing is so much different?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/1/2020 9:16pm
soggy wrote:
yes and no. weeks ago you basically had to be dying to get tested, so there were certainly people that had it but were denied tests...
aeffertz wrote:
The negative test results don't subtract from the number of confirmed cases though. It will help the mortality rate but if people are only looking at...
The negative test results don't subtract from the number of confirmed cases though. It will help the mortality rate but if people are only looking at the number of cases and they are increasing as a result of more testing, doesn't that almost paint a picture of "things are getting worse" if there isn't some sort of percentage also stated?

Example with random numbers: 75% of tests were positive during strict testing. 25% of tests are postive with more widespread testing. I feel like it's an important detail to look at rather than just explicitly "number of confirmed cases". How can we expect the curve to flatten or decrease if we are only looking at number of cases when the testing is so much different?
We did it in summit county UT. We had one of the highest per capita rates in the US when this all started and testing was limited basically to anyone that was ill enough to be hospitalized. We've had a stay at home order for the past month and even while testing has rapidly expanded our curve has flattened.
mb60
5/2/2020 11:02am
All these guys writing what they keep hearing and speculation. The window for this to happen is the next week or so. Logistics and getting dirt wurx will take 10 days before to make this happen. I would really like to see the last 7 races as the next fan. But I don't see this happening unfortunately.
Bultaco
5/2/2020 4:08pm
As you test more the number of cases may go up. However the rate (positive tests / number of tests) of infection does not necessarily go up. The rate should go down. As mentioned testing so far has been biased towards positive results, since only the sick have been tested.

Ideally we test everyone in one day. All positives quarantine for two weeks. Everyone else is free to be normal. But we don’t 330 million tests. Or the labs to process, etc.

mingham97
5/7/2020 3:57am
How is the USA even considering holding an SX yet? 2500 people died yesterday because of corona in one day.

The USA can go down to 1 person unknowingly having the disease, you open up the sports and the country again without a vaccine (that no ones going to take even if one existed) and you are back to square one

kb228
5/7/2020 4:05am
mingham97 wrote:
How is the USA even considering holding an SX yet? 2500 people died yesterday because of corona in one day. The USA can go down to...
How is the USA even considering holding an SX yet? 2500 people died yesterday because of corona in one day.

The USA can go down to 1 person unknowingly having the disease, you open up the sports and the country again without a vaccine (that no ones going to take even if one existed) and you are back to square one

Look man, my work is dictating masks and they even removed the doorknobs off all of the doors to reduce high touch areas. As long as we are making smart moves like that we will eliminate coronavirus..

...sarcasm
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4295th
5/7/2020 4:34am
mingham97 wrote:
How is the USA even considering holding an SX yet? 2500 people died yesterday because of corona in one day. The USA can go down to...

3,698 people died yesterday from car accidents. How is the USA not considering shutting down automobile use.

Back to the subject though. I really Hope common sense can be used again at some point and the supercross series can continue. But common sense isn’t so common so my hopes are not high.
rangot
5/7/2020 5:01am
500guy wrote:
Part of the problem is our AZ Governor is a Douche
Part of the problem is a giant pandemic worldwide.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
5/7/2020 5:45am
mingham97 wrote:

vdrsnk04 wrote:
3,698 people died yesterday from car accidents. How is the USA not considering shutting down automobile use. Back to the subject though. I really Hope common...
3,698 people died yesterday from car accidents. How is the USA not considering shutting down automobile use.

Back to the subject though. I really Hope common sense can be used again at some point and the supercross series can continue. But common sense isn’t so common so my hopes are not high.
Was just going to look up this exact data point.

Do people really think we should remain on lockdown until not a single person dies from Coronavirus? Get a fucking grip people - this is very common sense. There will never be a green light “all clear” to go back to normal life. At some point, everyone will need to weigh the risks and assume some small potentiality of contracting the virus
danman
5/7/2020 6:18am
The problem with how we are controlling the opening back up of things is by using hard numbers. We need to switch to percentages.
If you are testing 1000/day and get roughly 100 positives, that's 10%. If you up the testing to 10000/day, you would expect to see 1000 positives. When that percentage begins to drop, that's when you have the conversation about reopening things. The other thing I don't understand, Why no one is mandating that masks be worn in public at all times? Doesn't that seem to be the wise thing to do for a while?

mingham97 - This is a virus, so there isn't a cure, there never will be. Your immune system needs to develop antibodies to help fight this virus. The problem, viruses mutate, OFTEN! Why do you think there are dozens of strains of the flu, which by they way, kill 10's of thousands of people per year around the world. Why don't we freak out about that? Yup, COVID is way more contagious, I won't argue that.
38special
5/7/2020 6:47am
vdrsnk04 wrote:
3,698 people died yesterday from car accidents. How is the USA not considering shutting down automobile use. Back to the subject though. I really Hope common...

Let's clarify that your 3,698 daily figure is GLOBAL.

US auto deaths average about 110 daily (~40k per year).
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/7/2020 7:22am
mingham97 wrote:

There aren’t going to be fans.
5/7/2020 7:28am
danman wrote:
The problem with how we are controlling the opening back up of things is by using hard numbers. We need to switch to percentages. If you...
The problem with how we are controlling the opening back up of things is by using hard numbers. We need to switch to percentages.
If you are testing 1000/day and get roughly 100 positives, that's 10%. If you up the testing to 10000/day, you would expect to see 1000 positives. When that percentage begins to drop, that's when you have the conversation about reopening things. The other thing I don't understand, Why no one is mandating that masks be worn in public at all times? Doesn't that seem to be the wise thing to do for a while?

mingham97 - This is a virus, so there isn't a cure, there never will be. Your immune system needs to develop antibodies to help fight this virus. The problem, viruses mutate, OFTEN! Why do you think there are dozens of strains of the flu, which by they way, kill 10's of thousands of people per year around the world. Why don't we freak out about that? Yup, COVID is way more contagious, I won't argue that.
They have proven that they want to scew the data. Older person who dies but had a lung ailment? They are getting marked covid probable on the death cert post mortem. The data and report is anything but above board so I don't expect it to change anytime soon.
mingham97
5/7/2020 7:34am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2020 7:39am
mingham97 wrote:

vdrsnk04 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:
Was just going to look up this exact data point. Do people really think we should remain on lockdown until not a single person dies from...
Was just going to look up this exact data point.

Do people really think we should remain on lockdown until not a single person dies from Coronavirus? Get a fucking grip people - this is very common sense. There will never be a green light “all clear” to go back to normal life. At some point, everyone will need to weigh the risks and assume some small potentiality of contracting the virus
Western Australia, a state of 2.5 million, has 11 active cases down from some 5/600. $2k fines for not isolating, prison for knowingly passing it on. We isolated, bars, restaurants, night clubs and gyms but they are due to safely open up in a few weeks once were back to 0 cases. Motorcross tracks open as of last week. No one will be in danger of dying from the highly contagious, highly deadly virus

So yes, lockdown should continue until their is a tried and tested vaccine, or until your CV numbers are 0
mingham97
5/7/2020 7:37am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2020 7:39am
mingham97 wrote:

731chopper wrote:
There aren’t going to be fans.
This will be good. Temperature tested of everyone on arrival at the stadium would be a bonus
toroP
5/7/2020 7:46am
vdrsnk04 wrote:

38special wrote:
Let's clarify that your 3,698 daily figure is GLOBAL.

US auto deaths average about 110 daily (~40k per year).
So,
Auto= ~10K deaths over 4 months
C19 = ~75K

Now, if auto accidents were as contagious as C19, we’d be in big trouble.

Post a reply to: Did the meetings happen?

The Latest