Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

6/12/2019 11:33am
SwingHard wrote:
37 second video is all that is needed to know exactly what happened? Judge,Jury,Executioner! This a lose lose for both young men. If the young man...
37 second video is all that is needed to know exactly what happened? Judge,Jury,Executioner!
This a lose lose for both young men. If the young man was attempting to steal the bike,obviously it went terribly sideways for him. Does he deserve to die or live the rest of his life with a TBI?
I really doubt the young man that hit him with the ramp will go through life wearing this as a badge of honor whatever the outcome may be!
Did anyone see the Dad in the video clip with injuries from being hit with a hammer?
"After listing a motorcycle for sale online, the sellers, a father and a son, agreed to meet a buyer in the Lake Shore Plaza parking lot at the corner of Portion and Cenacle roads in Lake Ronkonkoma to complete the sale at about 3:30 p.m., Suffolk Police said. The buyer didn't pay, but instead assaulted the father and attempted to leave with the motorcycle, police said."
byke
6/12/2019 11:37am
SwingHard wrote:
37 second video is all that is needed to know exactly what happened? Judge,Jury,Executioner! This a lose lose for both young men. If the young man...
37 second video is all that is needed to know exactly what happened? Judge,Jury,Executioner!
This a lose lose for both young men. If the young man was attempting to steal the bike,obviously it went terribly sideways for him. Does he deserve to die or live the rest of his life with a TBI?
I really doubt the young man that hit him with the ramp will go through life wearing this as a badge of honor whatever the outcome may be!
Did anyone see the Dad in the video clip with injuries from being hit with a hammer?
"After listing a motorcycle for sale online, the sellers, a father and a son, agreed to meet a buyer in the Lake Shore Plaza parking lot...
"After listing a motorcycle for sale online, the sellers, a father and a son, agreed to meet a buyer in the Lake Shore Plaza parking lot at the corner of Portion and Cenacle roads in Lake Ronkonkoma to complete the sale at about 3:30 p.m., Suffolk Police said. The buyer didn't pay, but instead assaulted the father and attempted to leave with the motorcycle, police said."
Yeah but the dude was out cold and didn't look conscious in the photos with the EMT's, so do you think that info could have come from both sides, or just one side? For all we know, the sellers scammed the dude previously and he was trying to take a bike he already paid for. Regardless of all that, I think the important part will come down to what he was picking up when he bent over. If it was a hammer, the ramp-kid should be fine. If it was something harmless like a phone/wallet, the ramp-kid could be in trouble.
6/12/2019 11:38am
SwingHard wrote:
"After listing a motorcycle for sale online, the sellers, a father and a son, agreed to meet a buyer in the Lake Shore Plaza parking lot...
We are judging from a police statement as well. If that statement is correct I would hope the kid would not face charges.
Sluggo77
6/12/2019 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 12:17pm
Why would a thief use a hammer in broad daylight to steal a dirt bike? It's very likely Meth has clouded his judgment. If I were...
Why would a thief use a hammer in broad daylight to steal a dirt bike? It's very likely Meth has clouded his judgment. If I were trying to retrieve stolen property i'd probably show up with a cop instead of a hammer.
Sluggo77 wrote:
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young...
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young person taking matters into their own hands and impulsively replying to the ad by themselves. If I was young and dumb and saw my stolen bike for sale I might have done they same thing.
Really? You would show up with a hammer to retrieve what may or may not be your stolen property? I don't think I was ever that...
Really? You would show up with a hammer to retrieve what may or may not be your stolen property? I don't think I was ever that dumb as a kid.
I am just using a hypothetical to show that we are not 100% sure who is who here. From your point, why does that not apply to the kid who handled this issue without police and instead grabbed a ramp as a weapon? Is that not dumb also?Maybe he is the meth head who is desperate to sell stolen goods and things went for shiz.

My only point is we are not 100% certain about what happened and there is a possibility that the wrong guy got killed. Even if the chance is slight, it would kinda suck right? That is why judges and jury's decide what the appropriate penalty is and not civilians.

The Shop

6/12/2019 12:14pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young...
That is a theory but not a certainty. Judging by how enraged people are by thieves I could see a lot of people, especially a young person taking matters into their own hands and impulsively replying to the ad by themselves. If I was young and dumb and saw my stolen bike for sale I might have done they same thing.
Really? You would show up with a hammer to retrieve what may or may not be your stolen property? I don't think I was ever that...
Really? You would show up with a hammer to retrieve what may or may not be your stolen property? I don't think I was ever that dumb as a kid.
Sluggo77 wrote:
I am just using a hypothetical to show that we are not 100% sure who is who here. From your point, why does that not apply...
I am just using a hypothetical to show that we are not 100% sure who is who here. From your point, why does that not apply to the kid who handled this issue without police and instead grabbed a ramp as a weapon? Is that not dumb also?Maybe he is the meth head who is desperate to sell stolen goods and things went for shiz.

My only point is we are not 100% certain about what happened and there is a possibility that the wrong guy got killed. Even if the chance is slight, it would kinda suck right? That is why judges and jury's decide what the appropriate penalty is and not civilians.
The police statement did not mention anything about the kid trying to sell stolen property. I'm sure they would have ran the vin as part of they're investigation.
JM485
6/12/2019 12:15pm
I’m sure everyone here would be thinking perfectly clearly and logically in the heat of the moment after seeing your dad hit with a hammer and your bike stolen. . .

Maybe this will serve as a good warning to others not to attack people and steal their stuff.
6/12/2019 12:16pm
Sluggo77 wrote:
I am just using a hypothetical to show that we are not 100% sure who is who here. From your point, why does that not apply...

The police statement did not mention anything about the kid trying to sell stolen property. I'm sure they would have ran the vin as part of...
The police statement did not mention anything about the kid trying to sell stolen property. I'm sure they would have ran the vin as part of they're investigation.
You are however correct that we do not have all of the facts, we are just going off of a video and a police statement.
6/12/2019 12:56pm
Hopefully some of the stupid flowed out of the dudes head. No grey matter to lose, obviously.
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
6/12/2019 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 12:58pm
One thing that strikes me whenever I read a story about someone who successfully thwarts a robbery or assault are all the people who think that they are John Wick and would fuck up a thief or assailant. The John Wick story can't happen without a lot of people who aren't John Wick. What are the actual chances that you're the one that does the fucking up rather than being the one that gets fucked up? If you are, say, a Marine or otherwise trained in combat, the chances may be quite high. For most of us, the odds probably are worse than we think. In most things, people tend to overestimate their own abilities. Property isn't worth dying for (though protecting one's family is). For every story where the victim successfully turns things around on the thief, how many are there where the victim gets hurt or killed when he attempts to fight back? I'm not saying to never fight back; rather, for the love of God, exercise some judgment and don't get yourself killed because your pride won't let a thief go with something that, in the larger scheme of things, isn't even worth all that much.
FerCzD
6/12/2019 1:08pm
Thief assaulting people had that coming for sure. You can't go around life doing things like this and not expecting one time it will end up badly.

I don't know how I would have acted under this same situation, but being from a country with high violence rates and impunity I have been always told that when someone wants to take your stuff just don't put resistance against him, you don't know if this person might me armed or not (here we cannot have weapon possession, it is forbidden). Scumbags like this thief have nothing to lose. Things are replaceable, and karma always will get it's toll on trash/useless people.
6/12/2019 1:15pm
MPJC wrote:
One thing that strikes me whenever I read a story about someone who successfully thwarts a robbery or assault are all the people who think that...
One thing that strikes me whenever I read a story about someone who successfully thwarts a robbery or assault are all the people who think that they are John Wick and would fuck up a thief or assailant. The John Wick story can't happen without a lot of people who aren't John Wick. What are the actual chances that you're the one that does the fucking up rather than being the one that gets fucked up? If you are, say, a Marine or otherwise trained in combat, the chances may be quite high. For most of us, the odds probably are worse than we think. In most things, people tend to overestimate their own abilities. Property isn't worth dying for (though protecting one's family is). For every story where the victim successfully turns things around on the thief, how many are there where the victim gets hurt or killed when he attempts to fight back? I'm not saying to never fight back; rather, for the love of God, exercise some judgment and don't get yourself killed because your pride won't let a thief go with something that, in the larger scheme of things, isn't even worth all that much.
I agree with you on this but at the same time many of these thugs although intimidating are total pussies. The guys who attacked me were all bigger than me, had the element of surprise, were in their own familiar territory yet were fought off by a scared shitless 160 pound motocrosser who hadn't been in a fight since childhood. I guess it could have gone the other way but in the end the outcome was in my favor and I have no regrets defending myself.
byke
6/12/2019 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 1:16pm
MPJC & FerCzD, couple good posts there. If it were myself and a family member against a dude with a hammer, fuck it, take the stupid bike, we're leaving. However, if someone wants to risk it all and do something about it, I totally support that.
6/12/2019 1:22pm
MPJC wrote:
One thing that strikes me whenever I read a story about someone who successfully thwarts a robbery or assault are all the people who think that...
If only there was some way to determine the odds of one person hurting another. Someone should invent a 2 sided coin and flip it to find out.
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
6/12/2019 1:26pm
MPJC wrote:
I agree with you on this but at the same time many of these thugs although intimidating are total pussies. The guys who attacked me were...
I agree with you on this but at the same time many of these thugs although intimidating are total pussies. The guys who attacked me were all bigger than me, had the element of surprise, were in their own familiar territory yet were fought off by a scared shitless 160 pound motocrosser who hadn't been in a fight since childhood. I guess it could have gone the other way but in the end the outcome was in my favor and I have no regrets defending myself.
It sounds like you kind of had no choice - you'd already been assaulted, so provoking an assault is not at issue. If someone attacks you, assume the worst intentions from them and do everything you can to stop them. If that force ends up killing or maiming, then that's tough shit for the assailant (on my view, regardless of what any law says). Any presumption of fighting fair is gone at that point.

I'm sure many theives are pussies, but finding out which are and are not could prove quite dangerous.
Ebs
6/12/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 1:33pm
I just talked with the investigators, they said the real crime here is someone was willing get their wig split open over a 2003 YZ250F.
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
6/12/2019 1:30pm
MPJC wrote:
If only there was some way to determine the odds of one person hurting another. Someone should invent a 2 sided coin and flip it to...
If only there was some way to determine the odds of one person hurting another. Someone should invent a 2 sided coin and flip it to find out.
Haha, yes, that would be a remarkable invention! I'm not sure it would work. Put Justin Bieber in a ring with Mike Tyson and I'll put my money on Tyson, regardless of what the coin says.
6/12/2019 1:48pm
Ebs wrote:
I just talked with the investigators, they said the real crime here is someone was willing get their wig split open over a 2003 YZ250F.
LaughingLaughing
face biter
6/12/2019 2:01pm
was that a confession from the guy that got hit with the ramp, or did it come from the dad or son selling the bike?
Jrewing
6/12/2019 2:16pm
Casting wrote:
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers. There is a...
The vital hive mind at its finest - virtue signaling and trying to score points to be more well-liked by your keyboard peers.

There is a reason why we have a criminal justice system. Those of you calling for Street Justice are no better than the wheelie boyz who ignore the criminal justice system and solve issues with street violence.

The would-be thief deserves his day in court, not death. Unless you just want to throw the entire bill of rights out the window, because that is exactly what you are cheering for in this situation.

Wycked31 wrote:
Casting, If someone (AKA Thief) is trying to steal something of value and assaults your family are you saying your willing to wait for the court...
Casting,

If someone (AKA Thief) is trying to steal something of value and assaults your family are you saying your willing to wait for the court system to do there job?

When I moved to Florida in 95 and not being in my house more than 3 months some scumbags tried to break into my house at night while I was home with my wife and dog. I was woken by my dog growling and went into my living room to find the POS arm sticking through a window trying to unlock my front door and enter. I carefully stuck a fully automatic rifle against his head and told him to stay still. I was shaking while holding his arm. His partner in crime jumped in their car and left the POS.

Make a story short, cops came and arrested him and me. I was arrested for having a few guns in my possession that were not transported correctly into FL. I have a FFL license but did not do the proper transfer from state to state.

So I spent the night in jail with the POS in another cell away from me. When he went up in front of the judge he was released. He had multiply arrests. I was fined little over $3,000.00 and had to do lots of paperwork to get my guns back.

POS got out and was walking the streets before a law abiding citizen.

I suggest you do not wait for justice from the court system when someone is assaulting your family or you could be burying them.

Wycked that’s a disgrace. Sorry to hear
Bruce372
6/12/2019 2:18pm
And if the story is correct and the thief really did attack the dad with a hammer, I am sure he is proud of his kid.

All that said, I am sure more facts will emerge... but on face value, it could be real, but does seem a little fishy.
byke
6/12/2019 2:23pm
Everyone knows you use the cheap $199 Big-5 shotty with a home intruder, not a $10k+ NFA full-auto rig.
6/12/2019 2:23pm
MPJC wrote:
Haha, yes, that would be a remarkable invention! I'm not sure it would work. Put Justin Bieber in a ring with Mike Tyson and I'll put...
Haha, yes, that would be a remarkable invention! I'm not sure it would work. Put Justin Bieber in a ring with Mike Tyson and I'll put my money on Tyson, regardless of what the coin says.
I'm playing along.

Wait, what was a loading ramp doing in a boxing ring? Is Mike Tyson the hammer or the son? Was the blood from an ear bite? I'm so confused.

Of course I wouldn't fight Mike Tyson in a boxing ring under normal regulations. I'd stand a much better chance out in the open with no rules and the element of surprise. Maybe a swift kick to the nuts would fix his voice while I run away to safety.
Infamous
Fantasy
2454th
6/12/2019 2:35pm
I don't know about you guys, but if someone hit my Dad with a hammer, he'd be lucky to live. Family trumps all. This isn't about a dirtbike.
dkg
6/12/2019 2:36pm
Casting wrote:
Reread what I wrote in my previous replies. I agree that the kid is in the right for hitting the thief who prior to that attacked...
Reread what I wrote in my previous replies. I agree that the kid is in the right for hitting the thief who prior to that attacked his father with a hammer.

I disagree with hoping that the guy dies from his injuries.

It sounds like you got the raw end of the deal when you stood up to protect your family, and that is a shame.
Casting,

I've read through some of your posts. A few thoughts, like you I'm not hoping the guy dies. (Actually I don't hope that on anyone, karma etc.). I appreciate your discussion on rehabilitation. Just wanted to add that rehabilitation fundamentally relies on the concept of cause and effect. In this case the effect was immediate and may have imprinted the lesson much better than a few months in jail (of course if the guy is a determined thief, possibly only taught him to improve his trade, but then someone like that isn't going to be rehabilitated anyway). So, the starting point of rehabilitation occurred, a direct cause and effect.

You lost me when you mentioned "Street Justice". I've always viewed this as occurring well after the event when an individual(s) go out and attempt to administer their own breed of justice. In this case the kid was just responding in circumstances that were taking place.
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
6/12/2019 2:38pm
MPJC wrote:
Haha, yes, that would be a remarkable invention! I'm not sure it would work. Put Justin Bieber in a ring with Mike Tyson and I'll put...
I'm playing along. Wait, what was a loading ramp doing in a boxing ring? Is Mike Tyson the hammer or the son? Was the blood from...
I'm playing along.

Wait, what was a loading ramp doing in a boxing ring? Is Mike Tyson the hammer or the son? Was the blood from an ear bite? I'm so confused.

Of course I wouldn't fight Mike Tyson in a boxing ring under normal regulations. I'd stand a much better chance out in the open with no rules and the element of surprise. Maybe a swift kick to the nuts would fix his voice while I run away to safety.
I think your point must have escaped me. Mine was simply that one on one does not indicate even odds. Related to that, our odds of doing well in a fight - whether in a ring or elsewhere - are likely much lower than we think. 93% of people think they’re above average drivers. Some of them are wrong, though none think so.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
6/12/2019 2:42pm
50/50 chance the theif wins vs the bike owner unfortunately

Hopefully the thief got a nice bump on the head and will serve some jail time.
jeffro503
6/12/2019 2:44pm
It really is weird how dude's have changed in my years.

Now day's , some dude say's " Bro....just cower and let the thief take your stuff.....it's only stuff ".

My generation DID NOT act this way! I'm not sure if it's the over abundance of fucking soy milk , or dude's just to weak to stand up for themseleve's......and it did NOT used to be like that. It was even worse in my day if you knew the fucker! I had a dude steal my BMX. I knew it was him , so I put the word out that my mom was going to pay $100.00 for the return of my bike. Next day , the thieving piece of shit comes riding down the street to my house and said he recovered my bike.....wants my mom to pay. I got this big smirk on my face and beat the living shit out of that asshole! Like worse than normal! Because when you're 14 years old , your BMX is everything , and it made it even worse I knew the piece of shit!
OldYZRider1
6/12/2019 2:54pm
In the video here you'll see a medic tending to the kids dad and it appears he's bandaged on the left side of his head. I believe he's the guy you see walk back up to the back of the truck as the kid whacks the guy with the ramp. When the kid yells "he hit my Dad with a hammer" he points in this guys direction.

Also you'll see the medics tending to the perp. He's sitting up and conscious. Then they show him being loaded in the ambulance.

There's a shot of the ramp and a claw hammer laying on the pavement.

So if the guy hits this kids Dad in the head with a hammer; to me that assault with deadly force and a comparable response would be justified.
6/12/2019 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/12/2019 3:04pm
MPJC wrote:
I'm playing along. Wait, what was a loading ramp doing in a boxing ring? Is Mike Tyson the hammer or the son? Was the blood from...
I'm playing along.

MPJC wrote:
I think your point must have escaped me. Mine was simply that one on one does not indicate even odds. Related to that, our odds of...
I think your point must have escaped me. Mine was simply that one on one does not indicate even odds. Related to that, our odds of doing well in a fight - whether in a ring or elsewhere - are likely much lower than we think. 93% of people think they’re above average drivers. Some of them are wrong, though none think so.
My point is that you used a strict set of guidelines (Justin Bieber in a BOXING RING with Mike Tyson) to explain why you think the odds would be stacked against a person in a robbery situation. It's so out of context I can't explain it any better if you don't already understand why it's a poor comparison.

It's an apples to oranges argument. I just don't know who has the apples and who has the oranges. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Odds are exactly that. Before the fight starts you will ALWAYS have a 50/50 chance.

Post a reply to: Dirt bike thief gets conked in the head with a loading ramp

The Latest