Disappointed

Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 9:14pm
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing but there is still those few dickheads that always seem to pop up when a Stewart is involved. The lack of respect the Stewart family gets within the industry from a percentage of fans really doesn’t look good and makes me wonder if there is a more deep rooted issue to it. I can totally understand why JS7 has walked away and wants nothing to do with the sport.
God speed Mookie on your recovery, boy you were looking fast.
|
Isaish305
1/13/2019 4:16pm
Even at the stadium at A1 people were saying mookie deserved to fall in the main and should quit. I like mookie, not my favorite guy out there but I dont understand the hate eaither.
Best wishes to his recovery I was super bummbed when it happened.

1/13/2019 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2019 4:23pm
Isaish305 wrote:
Even at the stadium at A1 people were saying mookie deserved to fall in the main and should quit. I like mookie, not my favorite guy...
Even at the stadium at A1 people were saying mookie deserved to fall in the main and should quit. I like mookie, not my favorite guy out there but I dont understand the hate eaither.
Best wishes to his recovery I was super bummbed when it happened.

I’m from Australia and I went to the US in 2009 to watch a round and the abuse I heard directed at JS7 was fucking sickening man. Kinda put me off ever going back to watch a race live. I think it’s a topic that should be talked about more IMO
kkawboy14
1/13/2019 5:02pm
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing...
Pretty disappointed with a lot of the comments I see around regarding Mookies crash on different social media platforms. The majority are good and well wishing but there is still those few dickheads that always seem to pop up when a Stewart is involved. The lack of respect the Stewart family gets within the industry from a percentage of fans really doesn’t look good and makes me wonder if there is a more deep rooted issue to it. I can totally understand why JS7 has walked away and wants nothing to do with the sport.
God speed Mookie on your recovery, boy you were looking fast.
Don’t worry.....it will get worse!

You can’t fix stupid!
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
1/13/2019 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2019 5:10pm
This sport is filled with a lot of people who don’t care for Malcolm or his brother because they look different than most people in the sport. People will claim that’s not the reason, but they can’t give you any other ones....

The Shop

abn166
1/13/2019 5:19pm
All of these internet shit talkers should make comments as if they were visiting him in his hospital room. I would hope they would see a fellow MXer lying there in pain. And then they might say things like I am sorry you are hurt, you looked great until you fell, you know, like you are actually talking to a real person. All of this internet bashing is unnecessary.
KDXGarage
1/13/2019 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 4:57am
How many posts before this goes to the dumbgeon?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
1/13/2019 5:26pm
normally with discussions like this i turn my head away and prefer it in the Dumbgon.

But this isn't the 1st time this has be spoken of and every time its swept under the rug.
Mookie is not my go to rider, but man! i don't know how you can not like the guy. Great personality, im sure he battles his own demons and always has time for fans.

Even in Reeds last podcast he talk a little about it and he cant get his head around it either.
Its not just social media.. Its at the tracks and races as well!

kiwifan
1/13/2019 5:27pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Why? Because you disagree with the OP?

I agree that the Stewarts get way too much hate/dislike. I certainly wish MS27 all the very best and hope he is back soon...er..ish
Mx746
1/13/2019 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2019 8:59pm
People bashing Malcom after serious injury are complete jerks.
Crush
1/13/2019 6:02pm
Karma is real.
Keith72
1/13/2019 6:02pm
On a more positive note, he is clearly the fastest in the whoops.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
1/13/2019 6:05pm
Malcolm is a great personality for our sport and we should be lucky to be able to watch him.

Hope he heals up quick and is ok.
Motodave15
1/13/2019 6:07pm
normally with discussions like this i turn my head away and prefer it in the Dumbgon. But this isn't the 1st time this has be spoken...
normally with discussions like this i turn my head away and prefer it in the Dumbgon.

But this isn't the 1st time this has be spoken of and every time its swept under the rug.
Mookie is not my go to rider, but man! i don't know how you can not like the guy. Great personality, im sure he battles his own demons and always has time for fans.

Even in Reeds last podcast he talk a little about it and he cant get his head around it either.
Its not just social media.. Its at the tracks and races as well!

What podcast is that? I would like to listen to it
DonM
1/13/2019 6:08pm
It's disappointing that any of the riders get the hate they do through social media...half the threads in here spew hate and disrespect towards riders everyday. I'm not sure where it it comes from but it is very disappointing ...I had one idiot in here today come after me because I called him out for disrespecting a current champion...these new types of trolls try to get everyone riled up by spewing hate and disrespect...they don't want to argue, they want to fight...anyone bashing Malcom after his injury is just plain idiotic and if they are doing it on here they should get banned...time to clean out the trolls...
rohleder644
1/13/2019 6:09pm
Keith72 wrote:
Until he's not. Them Stewart boys come by the "checkers or wreckers" tag line honestly. And I think that's where a lot of the unfavorable opinion comes from. It feels like several of these posts are dancing around racism. And I'm sure that's a plenty prevalent reason for Stewart hate. But let's not go labeling everybody that's over the Stewart's as backwoods rednecks.
Malcolm just ate shit in a big way. I hope he heals up quick. And in the immediate future is able to find some comfort in the hospital. You know that dude's hurting, and that sucks. I, for one, would love to see him get a full season in. Including the summer series.
1/13/2019 6:11pm
This sport is filled with a lot of people who don’t care for Malcolm or his brother because they look different than most people in the...
This sport is filled with a lot of people who don’t care for Malcolm or his brother because they look different than most people in the sport. People will claim that’s not the reason, but they can’t give you any other ones....
5 comments into the thread before the card was pulled! Congrats tool!
slipdog
1/13/2019 6:13pm
KDXGarage wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Why? Because you disagree with the OP? I agree that the Stewarts get way too much hate/dislike. I certainly wish MS27 all the very best and...

I agree that the Stewarts get way too much hate/dislike. I certainly wish MS27 all the very best and hope he is back soon...er..ish
I think what he means is that threads about the excessive amount of hate the Stewart family gets usually degrades to a dispute of whether it's because of their lack of communication with fans or because of their race. The ya-huh, na-uh back and forth escalates into personal attacks between members and off to the Dumbgeon it goes.
slipdog
1/13/2019 6:14pm
KDXGarage wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Why? Because you disagree with the OP? I agree that the Stewarts get way too much hate/dislike. I certainly wish MS27 all the very best and...

slipdog wrote:
I think what he means is that threads about the excessive amount of hate the Stewart family gets usually degrades to a dispute of whether it's...
I think what he means is that threads about the excessive amount of hate the Stewart family gets usually degrades to a dispute of whether it's because of their lack of communication with fans or because of their race. The ya-huh, na-uh back and forth escalates into personal attacks between members and off to the Dumbgeon it goes.
^^^See look one post above
Honda11
1/13/2019 6:20pm
This sport is filled with a lot of people who don’t care for Malcolm or his brother because they look different than most people in the...
He is 100% right.
bents
Fantasy
909th
1/13/2019 6:21pm
Mookie got in shape and was top 5 fast, and it is a shame he got hurt like he did. He was on his way to his best season ever. Brutal.
1/13/2019 6:24pm
Keith72 wrote:
Until he's not. Them Stewart boys come by the "checkers or wreckers" tag line honestly. And I think that's where a lot of the unfavorable opinion...
Until he's not. Them Stewart boys come by the "checkers or wreckers" tag line honestly. And I think that's where a lot of the unfavorable opinion comes from. It feels like several of these posts are dancing around racism. And I'm sure that's a plenty prevalent reason for Stewart hate. But let's not go labeling everybody that's over the Stewart's as backwoods rednecks.
Malcolm just ate shit in a big way. I hope he heals up quick. And in the immediate future is able to find some comfort in the hospital. You know that dude's hurting, and that sucks. I, for one, would love to see him get a full season in. Including the summer series.
I don’t tbink that all people who hate/dislike the Stewart’s are rednecks at all.
Everybody is entitled to dislike a rider, but what I don’t understand is why the Stewart family seems to easily get the most hate in mx community. YES I agree them boys are checkers or wreckers but that is no reason for the continual hate and anti Stewart feelings I see within the community.

I think the fact that JS7 has nothing to do with mx these days says a great deal really. I think it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say he may be resentful for the abuse and racism he did cop and I just really think it’s a topic that isn’t talked about enough within the sport.

No I don’t think the mx crowd is mostly full of racists - I can’t stress that enough. 90% are great fucking people. BUT there is a problem with the attitude and distain within mx to the Stewart family.
1/13/2019 6:25pm
You just proved his point mate.
js451
1/13/2019 6:26pm
I think it’s got to do with their personalities and how much they enjoy their privacy. I really don’t think it has anything to do with how they look. James is a people pleaser and simply needs more time to recharge his batteries than most. Some people just don’t understand that and perceive it as being rude or ignorant.
1/13/2019 6:32pm
Honda11 wrote:
He is 100% right.
Maybe to you, but not true moto fans. I dont care for James, but think Malcolm is awesome. Not one single % has anything to do with his race. Sorry that you are so blinded by race.
1/13/2019 6:34pm
You just proved his point mate.
By calling BS, i am now a racist? Interesting logic you have, bet you are a fun guy.
Nighttrain
1/13/2019 6:34pm
bents wrote:
Mookie got in shape and was top 5 fast, and it is a shame he got hurt like he did. He was on his way to...
Mookie got in shape and was top 5 fast, and it is a shame he got hurt like he did. He was on his way to his best season ever. Brutal.
That is exactly what I was thinking when he crashed last light and he stayed down. Like many others I was looking forward to seeing him ride in person at the ATL SX. Malcolm seemed to have found a good fit in the Smarttops team and was on his way to a great season. Hope he heals completely and quickly.
TXDirt
1/13/2019 6:42pm
You don’t have to like someone to respect them. A lot of the “dislike” crosses over the line to pure disrespect and hate. We should all respect these racers. They are bad dudes on a dirt bike. When we put on our helmets we are all motorcycle riders.

I suspect a lot of the personal hate comes from people who actually do not ride or race. Possibly have never swung a leg over a bike.

I don’t know any folks who ride who don’t respect a fellow rider. We are all part of one big family. Just like when you see street riders wave at each other on the street. They don’t know each other. But they are fellow riders so the respect is mutual.
Excaliburbmx
1/13/2019 6:47pm
Tomac gets lots of hate. People dislike for many reasons I disliked Barcia and now I like him. I disliked James because of his arrogance but liked Malcolm.

Post a reply to: Disappointed

The Latest