Do the the factories put a few support riders on 125’s

CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
Will the factories put some support riders on bikes? Does Steinke finally get some husky support?
|
4/22/2018 12:40pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
Will the factories put some support riders on bikes? Does Steinke finally get some husky support?
The only factory supported rider I know of is Rene Hofer in the EMX125 class. Maybe the KTM & Husqvarna factories will support the series, time will tell.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
4/22/2018 4:16pm
The only factory supported rider I know of is Rene Hofer in the EMX125 class. Maybe the KTM & Husqvarna factories will support the series, time...
The only factory supported rider I know of is Rene Hofer in the EMX125 class. Maybe the KTM & Husqvarna factories will support the series, time will tell.
Kinda what I was wondering if they would put some of their sponsored amateurs on bikes.
agn5009
4/22/2018 4:25pm
Not a chance. If it was going to be a full series maybe. I don't think a lot of people understand what this class is going to be. Each race will be a "qualifier" to get into the finale which will be at Ironman I believe. We aren't going to see an actual series like the EMX125 series is in Europe unfortunately.

The Shop

Gukamonster
4/22/2018 4:31pm
If Villopoto is a Yamaha brand ambassador and races a YZ125 at Hangtown doesn't that count as factory supported? I think you will see some similar things in these races like that. Probably no full time team guy in a truck though. The 125 series sounds overall like a good long overdue idea.
jeffro503
4/22/2018 5:21pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
The only factory supported rider I know of is Rene Hofer in the EMX125 class. Maybe the KTM & Husqvarna factories will support the series, time...
Isn't Facchetti and Haarup factory supported from Husky? And I think some of the faster Blu-cru guys have some pretty hopped up bikes as well right? I also thought one of the guys on the TM was getting some good as well.

I don't mean factory bikes , I mean factory support.....as in Husky , Ktm , Yamaha and TM are supplying bikes?
4/22/2018 10:54pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Isn't Facchetti and Haarup factory supported from Husky? And I think some of the faster Blu-cru guys have some pretty hopped up bikes as well right...
Isn't Facchetti and Haarup factory supported from Husky? And I think some of the faster Blu-cru guys have some pretty hopped up bikes as well right? I also thought one of the guys on the TM was getting some good as well.

I don't mean factory bikes , I mean factory support.....as in Husky , Ktm , Yamaha and TM are supplying bikes?
Facchetti & Haarup are in EMX250's now but I'm pretty sure Haarup was factory supported by Husqvarna when he was on 125's. Great rider, looks like he's grown loads over the winter.
4/22/2018 11:11pm
We really need a EMX125 Pit Bits to get to the bottom of this! ML512 please!!!
roninho
4/23/2018 12:01am
First of all, as agn5009 allready said it is not a series but a bunch of qualifiers and a final. I would think that is not a format where giving free bikes is the best way to spend your money on as an oem.

In addition, i am not sure if OEM's would be interested to support riders in a full series, at least based on their involvement in EMX racing.

There are a bunch of riders who could race up front in EMX300 who would be very happy with a free bike. Would seem like a low cost way for Beta, Sherco etc. to present their bikes, but i don't see them involved.

The only way i can see some manufacturer involvement would be when the USA 125cc class becomes an age restricted development class like EMX125, then i can see the top LL riders getting support to run this competition. But don't think that has much to do with marketing but more with OEMS making sure that they have the next top pro riders under contract.

Post a reply to: Do the the factories put a few support riders on 125’s

The Latest