Do you know someone like this?

7/11/2019 10:22pm
Or the old fat guy that flies past you when you think you are killing it.. and he is on an off road bike with a brake light haha
cwtoyota
7/11/2019 11:30pm
I'm wondering if you guys have or know friends like this. Buy's a new bike every year or so blings it to the max. Proceeds to...
I'm wondering if you guys have or know friends like this.

Buy's a new bike every year or so blings it to the max. Proceeds to tell anyone who will listen on how to dail in your bike. But when they finally do come out to the track to ride on a practice day.

Can be seen doing like one lap of practice and then in the middle of the session. Just pull over to like the middle of the track and just watch until the practice is over.

There's a guy we know like this and me n my friends gave him the nickname one lap.
I can't believe you're callin' me out on the internet Joe! Laughing

I knew kids like that when we were young, but they all faded out of the sport long ago.
These days our crew is pretty gnarly and we burn through some fuel, but I do have one buddy who buys a lot of bling he doesn't need.
cwtoyota
7/11/2019 11:40pm
Spudnut wrote:
What about the guy that stores his bike At your shop, never cleans up after himself, leaves bike dirty after riding half the time and doesn’t...
What about the guy that stores his bike At your shop, never cleans up after himself, leaves bike dirty after riding half the time and doesn’t return phone calls until about a week before the next ride or race day then acts like your best friend all week leading to? Has leaks all over the bike and just generally doesn’t give a shit about anything other than how much cash he can save by mooching off his riding buddies? Anyone got one of those?
I'll bet if you leave his bike out in the rain it will be 50% cleaner...
Keep that guy in your part of town for sure!

When I built my shop, I had a bunch of friends tell me I should get a four post or two post car-lift put in there. I am pretty blunt and always replied with stuff like: "What, so your forgotten junk can sit on there for 18 months leaking tranny fluid on my new concrete"?

Private track ownership is a similar deal to your shop dilemma.
Badd127
Fantasy
2111th
7/12/2019 12:00am
There are a lot of people that own supercars, but can't drive for shit. It's their money, spend it how they want.
I like people that pimp their bikes, always cool to check them out in the pits. I will never rag on someone for their riding, as long as they respect others and are having fun.

The Shop

TogaSet
Fantasy
3906th
7/12/2019 12:18am
Better than the friend I have that doesn’t ride for 3 years and you finally talk him into going out to the track. He does one sight lap then blows by you like you’re going backwards on his old ratty bike. Those guys really piss me off.
SwingHard
7/12/2019 12:54am
I'm wondering if you guys have or know friends like this. Buy's a new bike every year or so blings it to the max. Proceeds to...

Buy's a new bike every year or so blings it to the max. Proceeds to tell anyone who will listen on how to dail in your bike. But when they finally do come out to the track to ride on a practice day.

Can be seen doing like one lap of practice and then in the middle of the session. Just pull over to like the middle of the track and just watch until the practice is over.

There's a guy we know like this and me n my friends gave him the nickname one lap.
This is the same Guy that has super bright headlights on his Truck and also drives around with his Trailer mirrors extended or flipped up, ALWAYS!!
7/12/2019 1:42am
Gilby122 wrote:
I am that guy. Whistling
You should be proud.. I have a mate exactly the same.. He does drive me nuts sometimes but hes the first to ever offer any help when someone needs it.
HusqFan3
7/12/2019 2:42am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2019 3:07am

Not sure if i know anyone like that but am ashamed to admit I’m pretty sure i fit that description. Although i don’t pull over, i just continue circling the track at a snails pace...

I was actually just thinking to myself on the way back from the track last Saturday how silly it was/is for me to have purchased any mods for my 18’ FC250 when if I’m being honest with myself, even when it was bone stock i was realistically only capable of riding it to 40% of its potential and that’s on a good day.

Pretty sure i chuckled out loud at myself on ride home thinking about it. As if the stock exhaust was the culprit for my pathetic lap times... haha
HusqFan3
7/12/2019 3:01am
Pretty embarrassing riding this thing only to have a kid on an 80 come flying by me... Thinking it must be because I’m running pump instead of u4.4. Yea, that’s DEFINITELY it now that i think about it: )

WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
7/12/2019 3:02am
Some guys just wants a nice looking bike. That's it. I don't blame them.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
7/12/2019 6:45am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2019 2:51am
I’m pretty much that guy. I just stuck a metric fuck-ton of money into a bike and I literally can’t put in two hard laps in a row due to carpal tunnel in the throttle hand.

mxb2
7/12/2019 6:48am
WCRider wrote:
Some guys just wants a nice looking bike. That's it. I don't blame them.
Bingo,their money , their decision.
Kenny Lingus
7/12/2019 7:47am
I find life to be a little less annoying if I don't give a poop what others do and focus on myself.
danman
7/12/2019 12:24pm
T-Fish wrote:
I’m pretty much that guy. I just stuck a metric fuck-ton of money into a bike and I literally can’t put in two hard laps in...
I’m pretty much that guy. I just stuck a metric fuck-ton of money into a bike and I literally can’t put in two hard laps in a row due to carpal tunnel in the throttle hand.

I conquer! T-Fish is the perennial, Hole shot by 2-3 bikes, then fade!
I hand it to him though, he matches me crash for crash when we race together! Inside joke here.
7/12/2019 1:09pm
He probably has just as much fun building his bike and doing one lap motos as everyone else who rides
mmain62
7/12/2019 1:18pm
Spudnut wrote:
What about the guy that stores his bike At your shop, never cleans up after himself, leaves bike dirty after riding half the time and doesn’t...
What about the guy that stores his bike At your shop, never cleans up after himself, leaves bike dirty after riding half the time and doesn’t return phone calls until about a week before the next ride or race day then acts like your best friend all week leading to? Has leaks all over the bike and just generally doesn’t give a shit about anything other than how much cash he can save by mooching off his riding buddies? Anyone got one of those?
Are you talking about your kids ? LOL
mmain62
7/12/2019 1:29pm
A couple years ago I sold my bike and was going to quit and take up RC cars because nobody ever wanted to ride. I sold it and 2 of my close friends started riding every Wednesday after work then maybe once on the weekends. So I piss my wife off buy another bike and they stop riding. Maybe its me? ha One of them only rides when he knows I can't , I swear. I said screw it and just started racing again and now I get to have fun racing against other 30+ guys and nobody tries to murder me on the track like they do in the under 25 classes. I also seen a giant toter home roll up just recently that had 4 brand new decked out bikes in it that went out for C practice. to each their own who cares really.
TeamGreen
7/12/2019 1:53pm
I might be that guy:
I’m old...
I’m fat...
I’m slow...
I hardly ever work on it myself...
And my bike looks GOOD!

captmoto
7/12/2019 4:17pm
Is this a different guy than what I saw today at Milestone? Red smoker Husky in the pits, rips around a couple times without a helmet, straps on helmet and heads for the beginner track. Really. Comes back smokes some weed, heads back to the beginner track, does 3 laps, packs up and goes home.
Flowdaddy
7/12/2019 7:28pm
Tricked out bike only to get lapped by kids on 85's. I might be that guy.... in reality I just like wrenching on my toys haha.
NoMuff2Tuff
7/12/2019 7:59pm
Flowdaddy wrote:
Tricked out bike only to get lapped by kids on 85's. I might be that guy.... in reality I just like wrenching on my toys haha...
Tricked out bike only to get lapped by kids on 85's. I might be that guy.... in reality I just like wrenching on my toys haha.
Sweet bike.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
7/12/2019 9:41pm
kNewc wrote:
I know a guy like this. He has some money and gets a new bike every year. You'll be riding around the track and all of...
I know a guy like this. He has some money and gets a new bike every year. You'll be riding around the track and all of a sudden he passes you. Then like half a lap later you get passed again - what the fuck? He's been cutting the track the entire time just to pass you lol. I like the guy and it's actually fun to ride with him but I've never seen him do an entire complete lap. I'll admit if the track is shit and I'm worn out I'll do a few laps and pull over myself.
Have you considered that some people actually go to the track to practice skill development and do so by working sections of the track - not just spinning laps? I'm not wealthy and don't buy a new bike every year. In fact, I just bought the first brand new bike I've ever had in my life last year. But when it comes to riding at the track, some days I spin laps. Some days I works sections (especially good sections with deep berms in the corners). I know I'm not alone in this as I have buddies that also like to work sections to practice cornering skills, etc. I often see some retired local pros training kids at the track 0 they are working sections, not just spinning laps.
Spudnut
7/12/2019 11:30pm
Spudnut wrote:
mmain62 wrote:
Are you talking about your kids ? LOL
I wish!
Spudnut
7/12/2019 11:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I might be that guy: I’m old... I’m fat... I’m slow... I hardly ever work on it myself... And my bike looks GOOD! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/12/359782/s1200_30F3A02A_E25B_409D_A148_3CA24239D2D4.jpg[/img]
I might be that guy:
I’m old...
I’m fat...
I’m slow...
I hardly ever work on it myself...
And my bike looks GOOD!

Is that you, Andrew?
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
7/13/2019 2:01am
Moto520 wrote:
What about the skinny bastard with the clapper that does a 40 minute moto like it means nothing. Gear doesn’t match, tire is bald, just smoked...
What about the skinny bastard with the clapper that does a 40 minute moto like it means nothing. Gear doesn’t match, tire is bald, just smoked a jimmy, boot buckles broken, ugly wife. Fast as hell with a bike that goes “ click click click tick tick click.” Asks me why i have anodized brake caps as i’m whining about my blisters.

We all know that guy too
This is Mike. He rides the shit out of that 81 YZ465. Always rides 2, sometimes 3 classes. Epic Laughing

colvin227
7/13/2019 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2019 12:34pm
Flowdaddy wrote:
Tricked out bike only to get lapped by kids on 85's. I might be that guy.... in reality I just like wrenching on my toys haha...
I’m with you, I enjoy the building portion and wrenching on the bike making it look nice As much as I do riding it. I’m lucky enough to be able to afford some nice things for my bikes and it’s my passion, so why not. Plus I love the industry and I just look st blowing money on shit I don’t need, doing my part to keep it afloat. Long live the VET LIFE!!!! No ego kids on 85s scrubbing past me as a case a tabletop doesn’t hurt my feelings in the slightest bit. I paid $30 to ride just like him.
7/13/2019 12:40pm
Yeeeep. I know about it. I’m the guy that used to be relatively fast. Love the sport. Now 48, fat out of shape and too busy with high paying high stress job and also grain farm. Brand new 2017 KTM 350SXF. Unridden. Stupid.

Patrick461
7/13/2019 1:18pm
I knew a guy that when White Brothers was at the height of the popularity this guy would order everything in the catalog for both his CR250f’s and both his 450’s he looked like Spud Walters factory set up. He had a motor home with a fun mover behind it he paid a guy to wrench for him (me). He would go to the track ride less than a lap. Pull over and watch 50 fast riders pound out Laps. Then he wanted his bikes washed and re prepped for every weekend. It didn’t bother me he paid very well (trust fund) 40 year old who never worked a day in his life. White brothers loved me and hooked me up with a cost plus 10% deal because this guy spent 30k a year from White brothers. He bought 6 bikes at a time from Honda of Houston in the early 2000’s Then I became they guy that most riders hate a busted up 40 year old former expert passing people on my 2015XR 650l on the mx track! Not going very fast at all simply riding a 650 as fast as it can safely go on a mx track. Which apparently is faster than half the riders can go on tricked out mx bikes.

Post a reply to: Do you know someone like this?

The Latest