btn
btn
1 of 3
Related:
Create New Tag
SPODEBOY SPODEBOY
1/15/2018 11:34 AM

he found himself without a ride as he was asked in his interview on the TV this Saturday?

I am a fan. I have the fever. But I was a little surprised at his response to the question? Aside from and association issues I would think that not riding the Nats, not showing up at one off races, and not staying in touch with the industry through social media where he would show himself training hard etc. might be a realistic factor.

I respect you Mookie but come now.

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
1/15/2018 11:35 AM

.....yes

yz133rider yz133rider
1/15/2018 11:37 AM
SPODEBOY wrote:

he found himself without a ...more

All this time away from racing and he isnt getting any younger. He really expects to have a factory ride based on his results? What results? One regional championship where he won 2 races and that was his best season to date? He went pro years and years ago not like hes still learning and new to the pros

Squirrelings Squirrelings
1/15/2018 11:39 AM

Mookie doesn't have the same view of himself and his situation as the know nothing Vital experts, so I can fully understand his response.

SPODEBOY SPODEBOY
1/15/2018 11:40 AM
Squirrelings wrote:

Mookie doesn't have the ...more

LoL. Perfect. And true!

bsharkey bsharkey
1/15/2018 11:43 AM

Honestly I don't believe any of this crap we've seen. Malcolm racing outdoor Nationals when he was just starting and no one really expected results and he did halfway decent so to not have a ride for outdoor Nationals after winning an indoor Supercross title seems totally crazy to me. I can't imagine he would have turn that down there's just no way

Mr. Knobby Mr. Knobby
1/15/2018 12:05 PM
SPODEBOY wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

All this time away from ...more

Sorry, but historically there is a long list of riders who got 'factory' level rides with a lot less, and continued to have them renewed with very poor performances.

Mookie owes absolutely nothing to anybody except himself, and he definitely owes nothing to a bunch of keyboard warriors on the internet. If the geniuses behind the teams think he's not worth a ride, they can say 'told you so" while posing for the championship photo. (which almost all of them will NOT be doing.)

yz133rider yz133rider
1/15/2018 12:13 PM
SPODEBOY wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Mr. Knobby wrote:

Sorry, but historically ...more

I cant think of a single factory rider whos won a championship then sat out the outdoors while healthy... Outside of mcgrath or reed when in their winning days.

Malcolm wasnt in that type of level at the time to be taking summers off.

nrosso391 nrosso391
1/15/2018 12:22 PM
yz133rider wrote:

I cant think of a single ...more

BOOM....we have a winner. Totally true. Malcolm barely gets the title, and I specifically remember him saying he wasn't going to do outdoors. He was healthy and the fastest he's looked in his career....So why not? NO ONE DOES THAT!

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
1/15/2018 12:40 PM
Mr. Knobby wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

nrosso391 wrote:

BOOM....we have a winner. ...more

Well......except for Reed and McGrath!

Mr. Knobby Mr. Knobby
1/15/2018 12:43 PM

"specifically"
Are you sure he had a ride? might be revising history a little bit.

kkawboy14 kkawboy14
1/15/2018 12:46 PM

No one had a new ride, he knew he would have to get a relief ride and then prove himself.

Was 12th good enough?

yz133rider yz133rider
1/15/2018 12:50 PM
yz133rider wrote:

nrosso391 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Well......except for Reed ...more

Yes except for reed and mcgrath who were on top of the sport. Wouldnt put malcom even remotely as high as those guys. I addressed already enough i thought for you but i guess not.

enketchum enketchum
1/15/2018 1:07 PM

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

TeamGreen TeamGreen
1/15/2018 1:10 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

No one had a new ride, he ...more

On that track...
With VERY LITTLE TIME on the RMZ...
With the new format...
Qualifying wisely and carefully directly from his heat...

12th was fine.

His results put him 17th in the series. He put down a 54.9 in qualifying (13th) & looked good and in control while trying different lines and combos. He made some moves on the fast guys during the night and I'm sure he'll find more speed as he spends more time on the bike.

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

SPODEBOY SPODEBOY
1/15/2018 1:11 PM

I guess I posed this question because I thought, "I know he is an intelligent person, how does he not know?".. Maybe he was just stating what he wanted the camera to hear. But if not, and he really doesn't know, that kinda scares me.
BobbyM BobbyM
1/15/2018 1:22 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

On that track...
With VERY ...more

As you know these tracks are outrageous to the average rider. To be within 1 or 2 secs a lap to the very best in the world is something to be bragged about. Yet many of these jackoffs on here (you know who you are jackoffs ) blow me away. Afuckingmazing.

etccb etccb
1/15/2018 1:27 PM
nrosso391 wrote:

And he also stated at the time that he was going to start preparing for the 450. The factories could see what us idiots on vital could see and no, his phone wasn't ringing. He got a great opportunity here with JGR and I hope he works as hard as his peers off of the bike so it doesn't go wasted. He may not get another one like this ever again if he doesn't and then we can start over again with the I don't know why.....

NorCal 50+ NorCal 50+
1/15/2018 1:37 PM

Sometimes I wonder if his race and long dreds might be one reason. He looks very different in an advertisement than a lot of riders. There is racism in this industry, believe it or not.

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

JBecker 72 JBecker 72
1/15/2018 1:41 PM

I was surprised he didn’t have a ride last year after winning the east 250 championship in 2016.

TeamGreen TeamGreen
1/15/2018 1:41 PM
NorCal 50+ wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if his ...more

Demographically, "Race" works in Malcolm's favor.

Tuna Tuna
1/15/2018 2:00 PM
SPODEBOY wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Mr. Knobby wrote:

Mookie doesn’t owe his fans or detractors anything, at the same time we can have whatever opinion of him we want, whether valid or not. It’s an Internet talk forum.

jbomx363 jbomx363
1/15/2018 2:10 PM
NorCal 50+ wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Demographically, "Race" ...more

Demographics that "works" for this sport is 18-34 WHITE males.

I think his attitude comes off as quite nonchalant and some may see that as not giving a rats ass if he has a ride or not. Or if given a ride that he won't give 100%+ effort that these days seems mandatory to be a top tier guy. Meaning, the training/eating habits, etc. etc.

With that said.. I have no idea what shape the guy is in nor his training program or anything else. Thus... I have no opinion on what's keeping him back from the "good" rides.

All I know.. is I like the dude and was impressed by his whoops speed, as he and his brother always are quick through them. He did well in my book. And looking at that long whoop section at A2, and some more time on the bike, I think he'll do better this weekend.

GuyB GuyB
1/15/2018 2:18 PM
NorCal 50+ wrote:

I know he's called the Predator, but he's still from the human race.

GuyB GuyB
1/15/2018 2:19 PM
Tuna wrote:

Mookie doesn’t owe his ...more

Within reason.

Freedom of Speech does not equal Freedom to be an Asshat.

p0wn p0wn
1/15/2018 2:56 PM

Does anyone ....

Hate these bullshit thread titles?

TeamGreen TeamGreen
1/15/2018 2:58 PM
NorCal 50+ wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Demographically, "Race" ...more

jbomx363 wrote:

Demographics that "works" ...more

I'm guessing you're not in Marketing? Probably not in a sales position at one of the OEM's, either?

Having a rider that appeals to OTHER Demo's is how you present your product to those Demo's. I'm jus' sayin'...

Btw, pitching to the 18-34 crowd sorta sells bikes; but, it's the 34+ crowd that seems to spending the "real" money.

Rockinar Rockinar
1/15/2018 2:59 PM
JBecker 72 wrote:

I was surprised he didn’t ...more

What rookie has skipped outdoors and got a 450 ride? Nobody. And neither did Mookie.
kkawboy14 kkawboy14
1/15/2018 3:21 PM
kkawboy14 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

On that track...
With VERY ...more

I agree, I think it was awesome, the question really goes to the guys hiring him!

KennyT KennyT
1/15/2018 3:24 PM

Did he not get offered a ride or did he not accept any offers? I have no idea.

Maybe he has received a dozen offers but none of them were the dollar amount he was after. Maybe Malcolm is basing his worth off of the Stewart name and is expecting way more than his actual worth to the teams.

There is a NFL player that is threatening to retire next year if he gets the franchise tag....which means he will only make 14 mil for the season. Maybe Malcolm is willing to sit out if he’s not getting the $$$ he wants.
btn
btn
1 of 3

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry