Does Mookie really not know why....

mx617
1/16/2018 9:36am
hasko158 wrote:
Barcia threw a Honda bike and ride together within weeks, Mookie had 9 months! Not only could he not get a bike ready he is out...
Barcia threw a Honda bike and ride together within weeks, Mookie had 9 months! Not only could he not get a bike ready he is out of shape. That says it all to me.
tingo wrote:
But is he out of shape? I know that "fact" gets thrown around here a lot - why? Still waiting for Jeffro to eat his pitchfork-sized...
But is he out of shape? I know that "fact" gets thrown around here a lot - why? Still waiting for Jeffro to eat his pitchfork-sized helpings of crow for his predictions that Malcolm would drop anchor.

Here are his lap times from the Houston main, if anyone wants to look at actual data:

kkawboy14 wrote:
See he did drop anchor on that last lap Smile
Looks more likely lap 8 to me....
APLMAN99
1/16/2018 9:53am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if his race and long dreds might be one reason. He looks very different in an advertisement than a lot of riders. There...
Sometimes I wonder if his race and long dreds might be one reason. He looks very different in an advertisement than a lot of riders. There is racism in this industry, believe it or not.
TeamGreen wrote:
Demographically, "Race" works in Malcolm's favor.

I gotta respectfully disagree with that.

Put it this way, has race ever even been in the discussion when talking about Dungey, Villopoto, Carmichael, or really even any other top 20, non championship riders over the last couple of decades?

The only riders that I ever recall where race was actually discussed much were Jefferson, the Stewart brothers, and Hackley. There was some positive mentions, for sure, but there seemed to be a lot more underlying negativity.

Don't really want to derail anything, just my observations.
magoo1982
1/16/2018 10:13am
Shouldn't any pro that's getting paid to ride for any team, be ready to race a full race without all the excuses ... And when u have your own training facility at home , there should be no excuse unless u have had serious injuries like pourcel etc .that limits training time .. Dude should be able to do 40 lap main ...

The Shop

hasko158
1/16/2018 10:17am
hasko158 wrote:
Barcia threw a Honda bike and ride together within weeks, Mookie had 9 months! Not only could he not get a bike ready he is out...
Barcia threw a Honda bike and ride together within weeks, Mookie had 9 months! Not only could he not get a bike ready he is out of shape. That says it all to me.
tingo wrote:
But is he out of shape? I know that "fact" gets thrown around here a lot - why? Still waiting for Jeffro to eat his pitchfork-sized...
But is he out of shape? I know that "fact" gets thrown around here a lot - why? Still waiting for Jeffro to eat his pitchfork-sized helpings of crow for his predictions that Malcolm would drop anchor.

Here are his lap times from the Houston main, if anyone wants to look at actual data:

he dropped nearly 2 seconds a lap average the 2nd half of the race
jeffro503
1/16/2018 10:17am
tingo wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
mx617 wrote:
I predicted Malcolm was going to drop anchor about lap 8.......which in fact from the chart , he did , but not near as much as I thought.

As far as my prediction on where he would finish , I nailed that about as close as anyone possibly could , and the guys that argued with me about it should be eating crow right now! That's a fact.

I said that he would probably qualify about 8th......he didn't , he qualified 13th.
I said he would finish about 16th in the main......which he finished 11th........BUT.....

If we would have had Eli , Marv and Dean out there , he would have been right about where I said he would be.

So yeah , I was correct on my prediction. My whole point of that discussion was to prove he wasn't in as good a shape as what some thought he was. He said he had been training his ass off for 6 months......you still think that?

It was also a plate of crow I would have gladly ate , and would loved to of been wrong on. I was slightly off on the finish , but the placings were spot on , except he didn't qualify as fast. But again.....it's a new bike , team , and his first race of the season.

Here is a question for you guys.......you think he'll do the nationals? Do you think another team may sign him for SX 2019 if he skips the nationals again?
tingo
1/16/2018 10:34am
jeffro503 wrote:
I predicted Malcolm was going to drop anchor about lap 8.......which in fact from the chart , he did , but not near as much as...
I predicted Malcolm was going to drop anchor about lap 8.......which in fact from the chart , he did , but not near as much as I thought.

As far as my prediction on where he would finish , I nailed that about as close as anyone possibly could , and the guys that argued with me about it should be eating crow right now! That's a fact.

I said that he would probably qualify about 8th......he didn't , he qualified 13th.
I said he would finish about 16th in the main......which he finished 11th........BUT.....

If we would have had Eli , Marv and Dean out there , he would have been right about where I said he would be.

So yeah , I was correct on my prediction. My whole point of that discussion was to prove he wasn't in as good a shape as what some thought he was. He said he had been training his ass off for 6 months......you still think that?

It was also a plate of crow I would have gladly ate , and would loved to of been wrong on. I was slightly off on the finish , but the placings were spot on , except he didn't qualify as fast. But again.....it's a new bike , team , and his first race of the season.

Here is a question for you guys.......you think he'll do the nationals? Do you think another team may sign him for SX 2019 if he skips the nationals again?
Lol. Yes, in a magical land where 8=13 and 16=11, you nailed it. In a land where being off 5 positions (in a field of 22 riders) is nailing it "as close as anybody could", yes, you definitely nailed it. In a land where we can add riders that didn't even race to the results and place them at the front of the pack, you nailed it. In land where dropping anchor means starting in 11th and finishing in 11th, again you amazing being, you nailed it. You sir, are to be revered for your amazing skillz...and your humbleness...and your willingness to admit that you blew it.
tingo
1/16/2018 10:43am
hasko158 wrote:
tingo wrote:

hasko158 wrote:
he dropped nearly 2 seconds a lap average the 2nd half of the race
That lazy, out-of-shape, one-armed, good-fer-nuthin' Ken Roczen fella did the same, as did most of the rest of the field.

https://results.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1810/S1F1RID.pdf
MX-LIFE.
1/16/2018 10:44am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2018 11:03am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mx617 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I predicted Malcolm was going to drop anchor about lap 8.......which in fact from the chart , he did , but not near as much as...

With all due respect there is no couldve shouldve would've in this sport or any other sport what ever you do at the end of the day is what it is! Reed and the rest of these guys have always said you have to be in this to win this! Malcolm finnished 11th for get what happened to Eli or Marvin! Thats like this guy at outback arguing with me because the Vikings beat the Saints!
jeffro503
1/16/2018 10:54am
tingo wrote:
Lol. Yes, in a magical land where 8=13 and 16=11, you nailed it. In a land where being off 5 positions (in a field of 22...
Lol. Yes, in a magical land where 8=13 and 16=11, you nailed it. In a land where being off 5 positions (in a field of 22 riders) is nailing it "as close as anybody could", yes, you definitely nailed it. In a land where we can add riders that didn't even race to the results and place them at the front of the pack, you nailed it. In land where dropping anchor means starting in 11th and finishing in 11th, again you amazing being, you nailed it. You sir, are to be revered for your amazing skillz...and your humbleness...and your willingness to admit that you blew it.
Whatever you say slick. Like I said , if Eli , Marv , Dean and hell , even a Reed with a good ankle would of been out there....my prediction was spot on. I didn't predict Eli , Marv and Dean not racing......did you? Christ if the top 10 didn't race , you would be in here saying how Malcolm smoked everyone and won. Sit down , shut up and eat fucking crow!
tingo
1/16/2018 11:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
Whatever you say slick. Like I said , if Eli , Marv , Dean and hell , even a Reed with a good ankle would of...
Whatever you say slick. Like I said , if Eli , Marv , Dean and hell , even a Reed with a good ankle would of been out there....my prediction was spot on. I didn't predict Eli , Marv and Dean not racing......did you? Christ if the top 10 didn't race , you would be in here saying how Malcolm smoked everyone and won. Sit down , shut up and eat fucking crow!
All in good fun, Jeffro, but jesus man, you have a really hard time admitting that you were wrong. You can "what if" all day, but the reality is that those dudes weren't out there. And no, I did not predict that Eli and Marv would be out of the race, but I also didn't predict that Malcom drop anchor and get 16th - that you was you...and you were wrong. As far as Dean, at the time of your totally incorrect and oft-repeated prediction, we already knew that Deano was likely out. Even worse, you now try to add Chad's healthy ankle back in? Again, already known at the time of your prediction. Hell, why not add Dungey back in for a podium? I mean shit, if he was there, he probably would have beat Malcolm. And if that damned RC wouldn't have retired all those years ago, he probably would have been in front of Malcolm, too. I totally get what you're saying: it's really those guys that blew your prediction, not you.

Post a reply to: Does Mookie really not know why....

The Latest