Does normal yz250f graphics fit on the cycra shrouds?

Edited Date/Time 5/25/2017 11:28am
Hey, have any of you guys got any experience with the cycra platics shrouds, and how the graphics fits on them?
Can you just buy any kit, or do you have to order from a graphics company (special made)
|
tomm55x
5/25/2017 9:42am
No, make sure and tell them you have cycra plastics.
gt757
5/25/2017 9:46am
you have to specify, the original shrouds are two pieces in terms of graphics, the cycra style is just one big decal so make sure you tell them you have cycra shrouds
GreaseMeter
5/25/2017 9:52am
Just did this last night on my 2016 yz250f. Put new cycra shrouds on and then installed graphics. Fit great, no trimming necessary. The Bolt holes were even dead center.
Anchor
5/25/2017 11:25am
Just did this last night on my 2016 yz250f. Put new cycra shrouds on and then installed graphics. Fit great, no trimming necessary. The Bolt holes...
Just did this last night on my 2016 yz250f. Put new cycra shrouds on and then installed graphics. Fit great, no trimming necessary. The Bolt holes were even dead center.
May I ask you what kind of graphics you got? Did you specify that you had cycra shrouds or did you order like it was original? From what I've seen it looks like the split might be the only diffrence on the shrouds, shouldn't bee to big of a problem I guess? Would be good if someone could confirm this or not.

The Shop

5/25/2017 7:58pm
As a graphic company, we ask the customer if they have stock or aftermarket plastics for this very reason. The templates most graphic companies use are totally different on the stock YZ250/450F bikes vs the Cycra Power Flow kits. To answer the question on the shrouds, the two piece stock template can be applied to Cycra's shrouds, but does not fit properly at all, leaving a lot of real estate uncovered and sizable gaps. You will look like you have no clue what you are doing showing up to ride. If you are going to spend hard earned money, be sure that you are getting the right product. There is zero difference in cost between the two templates, at least for our company and a few others I know personally.

Also, we use a different one piece side number plate template for the Cycra side plates vs the stock two piece ones. Always be sure to tell your graphic company what plastics you have, especially if they do not ask.
GreaseMeter
5/25/2017 9:09pm
Just did this last night on my 2016 yz250f. Put new cycra shrouds on and then installed graphics. Fit great, no trimming necessary. The Bolt holes...
Anchor wrote:
May I ask you what kind of graphics you got? Did you specify that you had cycra shrouds or did you order like it was original...
May I ask you what kind of graphics you got? Did you specify that you had cycra shrouds or did you order like it was original? From what I've seen it looks like the split might be the only diffrence on the shrouds, shouldn't bee to big of a problem I guess? Would be good if someone could confirm this or not.
I got 180. I didn't specify simply because I forgot. But everything fit great. Don't let the jerk off above jerk you around. He just wants to charge you the "after market plastic price".
JBecker 72
5/25/2017 9:22pm
Anchor wrote:
May I ask you what kind of graphics you got? Did you specify that you had cycra shrouds or did you order like it was original...
I got 180. I didn't specify simply because I forgot. But everything fit great. Don't let the jerk off above jerk you around. He just wants...
I got 180. I didn't specify simply because I forgot. But everything fit great. Don't let the jerk off above jerk you around. He just wants to charge you the "after market plastic price".
Fun fact, the Cycra Powerflow plastics graphics price were the exact same as the OE Yamaha plastic graphics price from Decal MX.

But, good for you. You got to call someone offering their knowledge and experience a jerk off.
ledger
5/25/2017 11:08pm
As a graphic company, we ask the customer if they have stock or aftermarket plastics for this very reason. The templates most graphic companies use are...
As a graphic company, we ask the customer if they have stock or aftermarket plastics for this very reason. The templates most graphic companies use are totally different on the stock YZ250/450F bikes vs the Cycra Power Flow kits. To answer the question on the shrouds, the two piece stock template can be applied to Cycra's shrouds, but does not fit properly at all, leaving a lot of real estate uncovered and sizable gaps. You will look like you have no clue what you are doing showing up to ride. If you are going to spend hard earned money, be sure that you are getting the right product. There is zero difference in cost between the two templates, at least for our company and a few others I know personally.

Also, we use a different one piece side number plate template for the Cycra side plates vs the stock two piece ones. Always be sure to tell your graphic company what plastics you have, especially if they do not ask.
Thanks for the info AG, hope to do business with you soon. Pay no attention to....you know.
5/26/2017 12:02am
ledger wrote:
Thanks for the info AG, hope to do business with you soon. Pay no attention to....you know.
You're welcome Ledger, and no worries buddy. Thanks.

Simply stating facts to answer the shroud question based on daily experience, but like in a lot of cases with reading text, things can be taken out of context. Did not read all prior responses, so stepped on some toes unfortunately with the "not knowing what you are doing." joke line I assume. Meant no harm and my apologies there, but why settle and not do it right if you now know the difference?
5/26/2017 1:58pm
As a graphic company, we ask the customer if they have stock or aftermarket plastics for this very reason. The templates most graphic companies use are...

Thanks for the answer AG!

Post a reply to: Does normal yz250f graphics fit on the cycra shrouds?

The Latest