Dual xgps160 with Litpro

mx724
Anyone running this setup? Ive been using it for most of the summer and the consistency in terms of logging good data seems to be a challenge.

One day it works great the next time my laps seem to be in an ocean. The issue arises when at the end of the day I sync the gps to the app. I dont know if this stems from sitting idle to long at the staging area or what. I sync a few sessions and its like it captures my ride to staging and thats it? Not the 6 laps i turned on the track. Or like I said a straight line over the Atlantic lol?

Ive used it with success about 6/15 rides. So when it works its great! do the gps units by Dual go bad or maybe its just buggy? Anyone else experience this? trying to solve the issue bc Its awesome when working as designed
|
Brent
9/20/2020 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2020 4:02pm
Mine has worked perfectly in the 9 months I've had it, has been sitting in 110 degree heat all summer and has even been run over after it fell off once, and has not missed a beat.

I wonder if you have a bad unit?

If you got it from LitPro they will probably replace it.
sandtrack315
9/20/2020 4:48pm
Mine works great, was just looking at line choices from today. Maybe you can get a refund/replacement?

I do tend to sync mine after each moto.
9/20/2020 8:25pm
Mine's fine, too. I stop it after each session of laps. I switch bikes and write down what time I'm on what bike. Otherwise, it's a headache trying to match up sessions with bikes.

I'm having a lot of fun with mine and learning a lot, too.
mx724
9/20/2020 8:39pm
Ive even had issues where I sync the data is corrupt and then I re sync a 2nd time and then It came thru. Odd. I just hate to get another unit and still have the same issues. Sometimes the tracks Im at dont seem conducive to syncing after a session as you need a decent 4g connection. Ive had success syncIng each session and also logging on off all day and syncing when I get home. So that in the general scheme didnt seem to make a difference either way. Today It logged nothing after 3 sessions but worked fine just last weekend. Gps in my experiences usually works or doesnt.

The Shop

mx724
9/20/2020 8:49pm
Now Im wondering if it makes a difference if you double tap the power button to end a sessions vs just powering it off? Maybe that matters? I cant honestly say I recall how Iv ended each session now that I think about it.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/20/2020 11:14pm
mx724 wrote:
Anyone running this setup? Ive been using it for most of the summer and the consistency in terms of logging good data seems to be a...
Anyone running this setup? Ive been using it for most of the summer and the consistency in terms of logging good data seems to be a challenge.

One day it works great the next time my laps seem to be in an ocean. The issue arises when at the end of the day I sync the gps to the app. I dont know if this stems from sitting idle to long at the staging area or what. I sync a few sessions and its like it captures my ride to staging and thats it? Not the 6 laps i turned on the track. Or like I said a straight line over the Atlantic lol?

Ive used it with success about 6/15 rides. So when it works its great! do the gps units by Dual go bad or maybe its just buggy? Anyone else experience this? trying to solve the issue bc Its awesome when working as designed
Where do you have yours mounted?

I’ve been using the XGPS for a year almost and 99% get good data. I have it mounted on the front fender right next to the number plate. I always double tap to start and double tap to stop. I also start and stop in the same location. Not sure if that matters, but since it’s been working I just keep doing it.
racerx217
9/21/2020 6:53am
I have had one for awhile now but really havent used it much. Yesterday after double tapping to stop the session it did not want to sync. Found i had to shut it off then back on and it would sync. You guys seeing that also? Also I have been getting good data and i sync after every moto. Also was weird last moto of the day yesterday it could not find the track i used for the first three motos, had to setup the track again for the fourth moto.
9/21/2020 7:02am
mx724 wrote:
Now Im wondering if it makes a difference if you double tap the power button to end a sessions vs just powering it off? Maybe that...
Now Im wondering if it makes a difference if you double tap the power button to end a sessions vs just powering it off? Maybe that matters? I cant honestly say I recall how Iv ended each session now that I think about it.
Hmmmm..... I always double-tap off. THEN turn it off. I bet it does make a difference... the chip inside probably needs to be told to shut down, not have the carpet yanked out from under it.
racerx217
9/21/2020 7:07am
mx724 wrote:
Now Im wondering if it makes a difference if you double tap the power button to end a sessions vs just powering it off? Maybe that...
Hmmmm..... I always double-tap off. THEN turn it off. I bet it does make a difference... the chip inside probably needs to be told to shut...
Hmmmm..... I always double-tap off. THEN turn it off. I bet it does make a difference... the chip inside probably needs to be told to shut down, not have the carpet yanked out from under it.
Has to be double tapped on and off. Do believe if you double tap slow to turn on it doesnt record right either. Otherwise its going to mess with the data.
mx724
9/21/2020 8:26am
Appreciate the feedback guys. I have it mounted to the helmet so its hard for me to start and stop right as i enter exit. I turn it on then ride to staging or if no staging right onto the track. Im pretty certain that I usually tap twice to start and end. But I think yesterday I just powered it off now recalling from memory. I ordered a new unit as it seems most dont have to many issues? I have encountered failure to sync requiring a 2nd or 3rd attempt 2 times or so.

Tho some of the amazon reviews indicate others having faulty data. Those are not all using the lit pro application or gps mode so not really apples to apples but makes me wonder still.
Brent
9/21/2020 10:07am
yes, double tap for start and double tap to stop recording.

However, one time I did have issues when I didn't double tap to stop - it's hard to double push the little button while wearing gloves - and it did screw up my lap recording.

I have a KTM's so I mount mine on the frame just above the fuel tank, so I can reach it easily.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
9/21/2020 10:44am
mx724 wrote:
Appreciate the feedback guys. I have it mounted to the helmet so its hard for me to start and stop right as i enter exit. I...
Appreciate the feedback guys. I have it mounted to the helmet so its hard for me to start and stop right as i enter exit. I turn it on then ride to staging or if no staging right onto the track. Im pretty certain that I usually tap twice to start and end. But I think yesterday I just powered it off now recalling from memory. I ordered a new unit as it seems most dont have to many issues? I have encountered failure to sync requiring a 2nd or 3rd attempt 2 times or so.

Tho some of the amazon reviews indicate others having faulty data. Those are not all using the lit pro application or gps mode so not really apples to apples but makes me wonder still.
Just start and stop when you put the helmet on at the truck in the same location. Another thing is that you need to make sure the GPS green light is solid and has a signal before you start recording. If it's blinking when you start I think it will throw it off.
Jesse318pnw
9/21/2020 12:16pm
I have one and love it. I had an issue yesterday where I did about 6 full laps and it said I did 2. This has happened once before.
mx724
9/22/2020 11:23am
Its also entirely possible I didnt have a solid green light for gps. I recall seeing that somewhere now that its been said.

Post a reply to: Dual xgps160 with Litpro

The Latest