Dungey's awesome luck

jevyguy
7/27/2013 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2013 11:14am
Seriously!! How does ones chain "fall" off? Did he hit someone? Was it a tuff block... wait they don't have any of those. Really the dude can't catch a break. Of all the top riders I've ever heard I've never seen the kind of stupid bad luck he has had!
|
Frodad78
7/27/2013 8:38pm
How the fuck he got it back on is almost as much a miracle as it not coming off again!
BobbyM
7/27/2013 8:54pm
Frodad78 wrote:
How the fuck he got it back on is almost as much a miracle as it not coming off again!
countershaft first then roll the chain on top of the rear sprocket and pull the scooter backwards until the chain is back on...simple really, geez.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/27/2013 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2013 11:01am
Man I know what you're saying. I was just thinking the same thing today.

I don't know of anyone with worse luck with a motorcycle. And it's not like he's riding POS bikes, he's always been on the best equipment. And he's had the best mechanics money can buy. Yet, in the last 3 years, he's has some of the weirdest issues ever.

- 2011 Chain derailed: lost SX championship
- 2011 Ran out of gas: lost MX championship
- 2011 Electrical issues: same MX championship
- 2012 Broke gas cap off (when, ever, has this happened in the history of pro moto?)
- 2013 2 Bent shift levers in the same night!
- 2013 Broken air shock
- 2013 Broken electrical regulator on starter
- 2013 Chain derailed

He should start carrying one of those enduro fanny packs with spares, tools and gas.
honda341
7/28/2013 7:47am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Man I know what you're saying. I was just thinking the same thing today. I don't know of anyone with worse luck with a motorcycle. And...

I don't know of anyone with worse luck with a motorcycle. And it's not like he's riding POS bikes, he's always been on the best equipment. And he's had the best mechanics money can buy. Yet, in the last 3 years, he's has some of the weirdest issues ever.

- 2012 Broke gas cap off (when, ever, has this happened in the history of pro moto?)
- 2013 Broken air shock
- 2013 Chain derailed

He should start carrying one of those enduro fanny packs with spares, tools and gas.
If that chain hadn't derailed, he could have cut Villopotos lead almost in half in one weekend. And well, the first two would make the Villopoto fans a bit more humble... Ehh probably not.

The Shop

Xeno
7/28/2013 9:13am
RC says, "You make your own luck."
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
7/28/2013 9:18am
Xeno wrote:
RC says, "You make your own luck."
I guess he forgot how to in the NASCAR camping world truck series.
Xeno
7/28/2013 9:25am
Markee wrote:
I guess he forgot how to in the NASCAR camping world truck series.
Yes- he said it when he could do no wrong on two wheels.Smile
jevyguy
7/28/2013 9:27am
I wonder what RC would say now?
jeffro503
7/28/2013 10:00am
TriRacer27 wrote:
Man I know what you're saying. I was just thinking the same thing today. I don't know of anyone with worse luck with a motorcycle. And...

- 2013 Broken air shock
- 2013 Chain derailed

honda341 wrote:
If that chain hadn't derailed, he could have cut Villopotos lead almost in half in one weekend. And well, the first two would make the Villopoto...
If that chain hadn't derailed, he could have cut Villopotos lead almost in half in one weekend. And well, the first two would make the Villopoto fans a bit more humble... Ehh probably not.
The first two "issues " in your list here can be debated. And taking a step back and looking at "why" they may of happened......was it the bikes fault?

What position did RD put himself into to get the chain derailment? It was some hard core bar banging action between him and another rider , and when shit like that happens......yeah , your bike can break.
Lesson.......don't get in a shoving match on the track and break your friggin' bike......it happens. and it can happen to anyone.

Others have ran out of fuel on this track as well......it's notorious for having guys creep across the line while running on fumes. At "This track"........it is WELL KNOWN you do your best to preserve the bike. The other Suzuki's made it across the line just fine. I think every brand of bike has ran out of fuel there at least once.
Lesson.....don't ride your bike on the rev limiter through the whole moto....and if you "Know" moto..........you should "Know" this.
*** Side note.......you do know that RV and RD were only separated by like 4 points with 4 races ( 8 motos )....and neither one had any mechanicals. The better man won that year.

This all boils down to the " Coulda , woulda , shoulda " conspiracy type crap that never ends. Who says that if RD didn't break the bike....he wouldn't of wadded his brains out on the next jump or corner? Who says someone like RV wouldn't of poured it on even harder through the season to beat RD and make those points back the old fashion way? By beating your competitors?

You don't think guys like RV , Stewart , Canard , Barcia and a slew of other riders haven't had bike issues , or nagging injuries , and everything else that can happen in this sport?

Why focus on one dudes issues..........and just ignore the other riders problems they have faced?
jeffro503
7/28/2013 10:12am
BTW.......what I said above.....I guess falls into what RC said " You make your own luck ".
Overdrive
7/28/2013 10:23am
How many championships in how many short years? lol Your kidding with this bad luck thing right???? The dude has had an amazing run and an amazing career to date.
IWreckALot
7/28/2013 10:28am
TriRacer27 wrote:

- 2013 Broken air shock
- 2013 Chain derailed

You forgot suicide shifting in the Monster energy cup.
malachi177
7/28/2013 10:28am
Hey people....lets not forget Dungeys suicide HAND shifting at the MEC because of a f'd up shifter!!!!!!!!
malachi177
7/28/2013 10:29am
Damnit IWreckALot...you holeshot me!!!!!!
jevyguy
7/28/2013 10:42am
Overdrive wrote:
How many championships in how many short years? lol Your kidding with this bad luck thing right???? The dude has had an amazing run and an...
How many championships in how many short years? lol Your kidding with this bad luck thing right???? The dude has had an amazing run and an amazing career to date.
Never in any of my posting did I say Dungey would have been more successful if he wouldn't have had such bad luck. He is an amazing rider that has accomplished a lot in his short 450 career. I was simply saying that his luck is much less than stellar! How many dnf's/bad races has #5 had because of strange mechanical failures? Now how many dnf's/bad races has #2 had because of strange mechanical failures? It's because the Kawasaki is so much more inferior... right?
Xeno
7/28/2013 10:54am
Running out of gas has nothing to do with luck...
mjskier
7/28/2013 11:00am
When Ryan won the 09 250 outdoor championship by 11 points, Pourcel had a blown engine, and 1 gate malfunction.
If you look at most riders' career, lucks usually goes both ways.
silver753
7/28/2013 11:04am
mjskier wrote:
When Ryan won the 09 250 outdoor championship by 11 points, Pourcel had a blown engine, and 1 gate malfunction. If you look at most riders'...
When Ryan won the 09 250 outdoor championship by 11 points, Pourcel had a blown engine, and 1 gate malfunction.
When RV broke his leg in SX, did Dungey get "lucky"?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/28/2013 11:09am
TriRacer27 wrote:

- 2013 Broken air shock
- 2013 Chain derailed

honda341 wrote:
If that chain hadn't derailed, he could have cut Villopotos lead almost in half in one weekend. And well, the first two would make the Villopoto...
jeffro503 wrote:
The first two "[b]issues[/b] " in your list here can be debated. And taking a step back and looking at "why" they may of happened......was it...
The first two "issues " in your list here can be debated. And taking a step back and looking at "why" they may of happened......was it the bikes fault?

What position did RD put himself into to get the chain derailment? It was some hard core bar banging action between him and another rider , and when shit like that happens......yeah , your bike can break.
Lesson.......don't get in a shoving match on the track and break your friggin' bike......it happens. and it can happen to anyone.

Others have ran out of fuel on this track as well......it's notorious for having guys creep across the line while running on fumes. At "This track"........it is WELL KNOWN you do your best to preserve the bike. The other Suzuki's made it across the line just fine. I think every brand of bike has ran out of fuel there at least once.
Lesson.....don't ride your bike on the rev limiter through the whole moto....and if you "Know" moto..........you should "Know" this.
*** Side note.......you do know that RV and RD were only separated by like 4 points with 4 races ( 8 motos )....and neither one had any mechanicals. The better man won that year.

This all boils down to the " Coulda , woulda , shoulda " conspiracy type crap that never ends. Who says that if RD didn't break the bike....he wouldn't of wadded his brains out on the next jump or corner? Who says someone like RV wouldn't of poured it on even harder through the season to beat RD and make those points back the old fashion way? By beating your competitors?

You don't think guys like RV , Stewart , Canard , Barcia and a slew of other riders haven't had bike issues , or nagging injuries , and everything else that can happen in this sport?

Why focus on one dudes issues..........and just ignore the other riders problems they have faced?
yeah yeah, coulda woulda shoulda. That's not the point of this post so I'm not even going to respond specifically to your comments.

All I'm saying is that he has had some of the flat out weirdest luck with his bike. Yeah, sure, banging bars can cause your bike to fail - happened to Canard this year and a few others as well, but most of his bike issues have nothing to do with how he rides. If anything other riders rev the bike way more than he does and bang into other riders more than Dungey. And stuff like electrical issues, gas cap breaking off, blown shock, etc. come on, you can't blame that on him.

If anything he is one of the smoothest riders out there. But the dude is a bike killer for sure.
honda341
7/28/2013 11:14am
mjskier wrote:
When Ryan won the 09 250 outdoor championship by 11 points, Pourcel had a blown engine, and 1 gate malfunction. If you look at most riders'...
silver753 wrote:
When RV broke his leg in SX, did Dungey get "lucky"?
Leading the points. Both instances, I believe Dungey was leading the points/tied when his bike malfunction caused him to lose 20 plus points and the points lead. Dungey was leading the supercross points when Villopoto broke his leg.

Post a reply to: Dungey's awesome luck

The Latest