Related:
Create New Tag
Alaveth Alaveth
8/7/2020 11:17 AM

I have a pair of light red/orange dirtbike pants and I want to dye them black, would that work? Or any recommendations?

Dirtydeeds Dirtydeeds
8/7/2020 11:20 AM

Absolutely brother 🤟🤟🤟

Spooner Spooner
8/7/2020 11:26 AM

My recommendation is to just buy new pants.

Brad460 Brad460
8/7/2020 11:44 AM

Plastic Dip...that way if you don’t like the black you can peel it off..

Or just spray paint...recommend a satin finish.

Camp332 Camp332
8/7/2020 11:49 AM

Depends Bro. Are you lifting weights while dying the pants?

United States of America

MotofactioN MotofactioN
8/7/2020 11:58 AM

Rattle can them with the camo spray!!! silly

VetMX.com VetMX.com
8/7/2020 12:22 PM

I was going to say a prayer..

brocster brocster
8/7/2020 5:06 PM

Get a bucket full of black dye and a trash can. Throw pants in the trash can then dump black dye out of the bucket. Problem solved.

For real, they probably will not come out black, more of a bronze ish color. Not worth your time or money.

profeshenal125 profeshenal125
8/7/2020 8:59 PM
brocster wrote:

Get a bucket full of black ...more

Or you could go to black top plant. And ask them to throw them into the tar tank. Pants would be original and real neato.smile

Bultaco Bultaco
8/8/2020 12:58 AM

As you’ve found, a moto forum is not the best place to ask about fabric and dye chemistry. Do a google search for artisan and commercial dye processes. All moto gear, thread, fabrics start out white and are dyed. So it is possible.

I think dying another color, using consumer grade dye, on top of red/orange will not give you results you want. At the price of new pants, on sale, I suspect you’ll be happier by working some extra hours and buying a set that are black to begin with.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry