ELI FREGGIN TOMAC

Edited Date/Time 2/20/2019 6:37am
I’ve been tossing the idea around in my head of a possible nagging injury that they haven’t disclosed. You guys think this might be the case or do y’all think he really just fell off the pace that bad?
|
slipdog
2/19/2019 8:00am
It's been disclosed, they're just not openly using it as an excuse...
2/19/2019 8:01am
slipdog wrote:
I literally JUST got told this. Back injury correct?
PRM31
2/19/2019 8:03am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2019 8:04am
Well, since they are not interested in sharing any injury information for fear of giving the competition some hope, I guess we’re just left to believe he’s not as fast as he was for whatever reason or just mentally weak. He said he was 100% from back injury so I’m assuming that’s not an issue.
kb228
2/19/2019 8:04am
He had a broken back in the off season and only rode like 4 days before a1. He said it was 100% healed a couple weeks ago on the whiskey throttle show. Theres your disclosure.

Im choosing to believe that his back isnt healed yet and that he lied about it. With that and him not riding in december, i understand why his season isnt going as good as it should be. Theres no other reason he shouldnt be gapping the field. Hes proven over and over hes capable of it in the past.

The Shop

2/19/2019 8:06am
kb228 wrote:
He had a broken back in the off season and only rode like 4 days before a1. He said it was 100% healed a couple weeks...
He had a broken back in the off season and only rode like 4 days before a1. He said it was 100% healed a couple weeks ago on the whiskey throttle show. Theres your disclosure.

Im choosing to believe that his back isnt healed yet and that he lied about it. With that and him not riding in december, i understand why his season isnt going as good as it should be. Theres no other reason he shouldnt be gapping the field. Hes proven over and over hes capable of it in the past.
I agree but I do think Webb would be an issue for him. Dude has seriously picked up the pace. But I guess you can never know until you see them both at 100%
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
2/19/2019 8:07am
slipdog wrote:
I literally JUST got told this. Back injury correct?
Yes, to me its always so funny on here how quickly everyone turns on a guy. Its been Webb the last 2 years and now all the Tomac Choke talk your all probably lucky to still see him out there, i wish they would just take the time off when there hurt but in his case i get it because he is still in the championship hunt, but it seems like a lot of guys probably most seem to try to ride through injury. Maybe its the teams i dont know but it doesn't seem like riding hurt does anything for there Careers.
2/19/2019 8:26am
Tarz483 wrote:
Yes, to me its always so funny on here how quickly everyone turns on a guy. Its been Webb the last 2 years and now all...
Yes, to me its always so funny on here how quickly everyone turns on a guy. Its been Webb the last 2 years and now all the Tomac Choke talk your all probably lucky to still see him out there, i wish they would just take the time off when there hurt but in his case i get it because he is still in the championship hunt, but it seems like a lot of guys probably most seem to try to ride through injury. Maybe its the teams i dont know but it doesn't seem like riding hurt does anything for there Careers.
You’re absolutely right. I love Tomac and I hope he gets whatever is going on straightened out. If that means take time off so be it.
rallendude
2/19/2019 9:38am
Definitions - fully healed up = bones are mended and muscle damage has repaired.

None of that means I'm back to 100% on the bike and have gotten all my testing done and found the settings that work best on this bike. Also doesn't mean I'm in tip top physical condition and ready to go toe-to-toe for 25 minutes.

I'm sure there are mental hurdles that also go along with recovering from injury at this level and constantly wondering if you can still put it on the top step.
2/19/2019 9:46am
He's in good enough shape to be out there, so as an employee who gets paid well, he should be out there IMO. It's the "fans" that can't see things objectively. There's no way he's in the riding shape of a guy like Webb or Roczen right now after being off all of December with a BROKEN BACK.
PRM31
2/19/2019 9:46am
He said he was 100% on the bike, that it no longer had any impact during race. His words. But listen to the interview, not me.
twizzler
2/19/2019 9:53am
To me Eli's secrecy is somewhat like James Stewart in a way. Never know what the hell is going on, nothing mentioned in media nor social media. We are all just here speculating. This sport and it's teams and riders need to open up and tell the truth and disclose what the hell is going on.
2/19/2019 10:06am
twizzler wrote:
To me Eli's secrecy is somewhat like James Stewart in a way. Never know what the hell is going on, nothing mentioned in media nor social...
To me Eli's secrecy is somewhat like James Stewart in a way. Never know what the hell is going on, nothing mentioned in media nor social media. We are all just here speculating. This sport and it's teams and riders need to open up and tell the truth and disclose what the hell is going on.
I agree but at the same time he’s an adult and it’s his business. Ya know?
logan_140
2/19/2019 10:16am
kb228 wrote:
He had a broken back in the off season and only rode like 4 days before a1. He said it was 100% healed a couple weeks...

Why are athletes in SX allowed to lie about injuries? Other sports they are fined for lying about injuries.
2/19/2019 10:17am
logan_140 wrote:
Why are athletes in SX allowed to lie about injuries? Other sports they are fined for lying about injuries.
Pretty sure those rules are put in place mainly for betting purposes, which SX does not have as far as I'm aware.
Bramlett321
2/19/2019 10:24am
twizzler wrote:
To me Eli's secrecy is somewhat like James Stewart in a way. Never know what the hell is going on, nothing mentioned in media nor social...
I agree but at the same time he’s an adult and it’s his business. Ya know?
The way Eli explained it on Pulp....he really made it make sense and at least made me see that yeah I might do the same damn thing in his shoes.
Texas Built
2/19/2019 11:49am
I’ve been tossing the idea around in my head of a possible nagging injury that they haven’t disclosed. You guys think this might be the case...
I’ve been tossing the idea around in my head of a possible nagging injury that they haven’t disclosed. You guys think this might be the case or do y’all think he really just fell off the pace that bad?
It was fully disclosed when he got passed by Chad Reed,
jevyguy
2/19/2019 11:57am
kb228 wrote:

logan_140 wrote:
Because there is no betting on the races like there is in sports
fox1nz
2/19/2019 12:03pm
He will not win a 450 supercross title. Its just not his gig to win..
Robgvx
2/19/2019 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2019 12:15pm
uk125250 wrote:
Did he break it before mxdn?
Ironman?
2/19/2019 12:18pm
fox1nz wrote:
I hope you’re wrong, but I think you’re right.
2/19/2019 12:24pm
twizzler wrote:
Why? They can keep it to themselves if they want.
BobKerr
2/19/2019 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2019 12:28pm
He just won San Diego two weeks ago.

Mental
fox1nz
2/19/2019 12:31pm
fox1nz wrote:
I downvoted this just so you know.
Be better if u explain yr reason for downvoting it.
2/19/2019 12:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2019 12:34pm
I still have a lot left in me and I plan on proving that, starting next week in Detroit.,
I am grateful to be leaving Dallas healthy and without injury"

so next week its BEAST MODE on ?? playtime is over ? how does that work ?
Dimblewambie
2/19/2019 12:43pm
WCRider wrote:
[u] I still have a lot left in me and I plan on proving that, starting next week in Detroit., I am grateful to be leaving...
I still have a lot left in me and I plan on proving that, starting next week in Detroit.,

2/19/2019 12:44pm
fox1nz wrote:
I downvoted this just so you know.
fox1nz wrote:
Be better if u explain yr reason for downvoting it.
Because Eli not only has the talent and skill to take a sx title, he’s one of the favorites each season. Saying he will not win one dismisses the clear fact that he’s quite capable of doing so.
2/19/2019 12:46pm
WCRider wrote:
[u] I still have a lot left in me and I plan on proving that, starting next week in Detroit., I am grateful to be leaving...

[img]https://i.gifer.com/8H4W.gif[/img]
he found the switch ... Smile life can be so simple

Post a reply to: ELI FREGGIN TOMAC

The Latest