Eddie Warren- where is he now?

GILLETT
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:54pm
Growing up Eddie was a family friend and my mom used to pick me up at school early so i could go and watch him practice. I haven't seen him since around 1988, but the last I knew he was in Australia. Does anyone know where he is now?
|
dboivin
7/13/2011 7:42am
hey Don, think he's still an Aussie. I have Sharon on facebook and she still talks to Marty...i'll ask her today and see if she can update me. I also run into Chris Stanick once or twice a month....will ask him also.
GILLETT
7/13/2011 7:58am
dboivin wrote:
hey Don, think he's still an Aussie. I have Sharon on facebook and she still talks to Marty...i'll ask her today and see if she can...
hey Don, think he's still an Aussie. I have Sharon on facebook and she still talks to Marty...i'll ask her today and see if she can update me. I also run into Chris Stanick once or twice a month....will ask him also.
Thanks Dan. I've been trying to get ahold of him to let him know about my Dad's passing.
mxnick
7/13/2011 2:45pm
GILLETT wrote:
Growing up Eddie was a family friend and my mom used to pick me up at school early so i could go and watch him practice...
Growing up Eddie was a family friend and my mom used to pick me up at school early so i could go and watch him practice. I haven't seen him since around 1988, but the last I knew he was in Australia. Does anyone know where he is now?
Been trying to track him down myself....let me know if you have any luck or PM me a phone number is OZ. I have an email, but it does not seem to work. Thanks!
Sondy132001
7/13/2011 3:14pm
Add me in too I'd love to talk to him it's been years.

S

The Shop

TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
7/13/2011 3:56pm
Haven't seen him around for a while - he used to work at a Kawasaki dealer south of Sydney
dboivin
7/13/2011 8:43pm
talked to johny today, said his mom has the info...just waiting on it.
eb
7/13/2011 8:56pm
Eddie was a bad dude B.I.T.D.
GILLETT
7/14/2011 3:54am
dboivin wrote:
talked to johny today, said his mom has the info...just waiting on it.
Thanks again Dan. I had Kitsch's number a while back, but now I just have Sharon's home number. Didn't know she and Marty were friends.
GILLETT
7/14/2011 4:01am
MCfan4life wrote:
'Fast' Eddie Warren, 1989 [img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5279/eddiewarrenratad.jpg[/img] [img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8331/eddiewarren893.jpg[/img] [img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2166/eddiewarren89.jpg[/img]
'Fast' Eddie Warren, 1989

Cool pics. I remember one day back in 1985 Eddie raced all 3 classes at Baja Acres- 125A, 250A, and OpenA, and never took his helmet off all afternoon and wasn't even tired. Of course he won all 6 motos. He and Keith Bowen used to have some great battles before they both turned pro. My first 2 bikes I ever had were his Eddie's practice bikes- a 1978 steel tanked KX80, and a 1981 KX80 with the number plate rear fender. Good memories.
ocscottie
7/14/2011 4:04am
I have a funny little Eddie Warren story. After i got hurt, they did a TV show about me and my Service Dog on a bay area show called "Mac and Mutley". When they talked about my accident they showed some footage of a guy riding, it was just a short clip and i am pretty sure it was Eddie at Saddleback. The producer of the show took some still pics of me riding and looked through archive footage and found the clip of him and he was wearing the same gear i was so she used his clip.

Someday ill have to convert that show and upload it.
7/14/2011 4:11am
GILLETT wrote:
Growing up Eddie was a family friend and my mom used to pick me up at school early so i could go and watch him practice...
Eddie is still Down Under and last I heard was working on the Railroad keeping engines and rolling stock running a couple of hours out of Sydeny.

I tried to get him to come to a couple of races a few years back as a guest of Kawasaki but he pretty much had no interest.

He is a great guy and comited to bringing up a few kids and being a family guy.
7/14/2011 4:47am
i spoke to Eddie a couple of months back and he is doing well with his family in Northern New Souh Wales. I tracked him down so Matthes could do a podcast with him. I think Racer X are going to do an article for the website soon actually. If anyone needs to contact him just send me a pm and I will forward your contact details on to him. Cheers!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
7/14/2011 5:48am
Ross you need to convince him to line up at Coolum in the Vets class in a couple of weeks, another one of those great riders i used to see when Supercross actually used to come to South Australia Smile

Fast Eddie Warren, thats a name no kid growing up in aus into mx/sx will ever forget
GILLETT
7/14/2011 6:01am
Awesome guys. Thanks for the info. Eddie was my childhood hero next to my Dad. I wanted to be just like him. I actually still have a set of Answer gear he gave me in '86 i believe. His bikes were never washed because his dad said the water wasn't good for them. His gear was always dirty too. LOL. I remember his dad cleaning his HRP Flak Jak with a wire brush, and he walked around during every moto with a white 5 gallon bucket full of tools just in case. Man this brings back good memories.
MCfan4life
7/14/2011 3:45pm
itsORourke wrote:
i spoke to Eddie a couple of months back and he is doing well with his family in Northern New Souh Wales. I tracked him down...
i spoke to Eddie a couple of months back and he is doing well with his family in Northern New Souh Wales. I tracked him down so Matthes could do a podcast with him. I think Racer X are going to do an article for the website soon actually. If anyone needs to contact him just send me a pm and I will forward your contact details on to him. Cheers!
Welcome to Vital NOOB Tongue

Careful, it'll suck you in... Laughing
MCfan4life
7/14/2011 3:48pm
Eddie is still Down Under and last I heard was working on the Railroad keeping engines and rolling stock running a couple of hours out of...
Eddie is still Down Under and last I heard was working on the Railroad keeping engines and rolling stock running a couple of hours out of Sydeny.

I tried to get him to come to a couple of races a few years back as a guest of Kawasaki but he pretty much had no interest.

Welcome to Vital Ross. Always good to have someone as knowledgeable as yourself on board. Cool
GILLETT
7/14/2011 7:45pm
GILLETT wrote:
Eddie is still Down Under and last I heard was working on the Railroad keeping engines and rolling stock running a couple of hours out of...

Thank You very much! P.M. sent as well.
Xracer
7/14/2011 8:22pm
I always wondered where he came from, and how he ended up in Michigan for a while....is he a native Aussie? I remember hanging on the fence at Baja in my "125 Junior" days (remember that class?) and watching him, Keith Bowen and a kid named Dave Tambling (really fast...what ever happened to him?) tear that place up at warp speed in 125 and 250A. Most days it seemed Bowen and his Yamaha's had the upper hand, but I think it had a lot to do with mechanical problems that seemed to plague those early 80's Kawasaki's. The thing I remember most about Eddie was that Team Green rig parked by the starting line and the 2 or 3 bikes he'd have under the awning...unheard of at the time.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
745th
7/14/2011 8:32pm
GILLETT wrote:
Awesome guys. Thanks for the info. Eddie was my childhood hero next to my Dad. I wanted to be just like him. I actually still have...
Awesome guys. Thanks for the info. Eddie was my childhood hero next to my Dad. I wanted to be just like him. I actually still have a set of Answer gear he gave me in '86 i believe. His bikes were never washed because his dad said the water wasn't good for them. His gear was always dirty too. LOL. I remember his dad cleaning his HRP Flak Jak with a wire brush, and he walked around during every moto with a white 5 gallon bucket full of tools just in case. Man this brings back good memories.
Sure does bring back memories, I remember that bucket of tools vividly at a Delta motocross LL qualifier just as I was getting into MC Back in 84'

I was watching the 125 mod class on the concrete pad and asked the guy next to me who was that kid leading? he chimed up proudly saying "thats my kid, his name is Eddie Warren" I said "holy fuck he's fast!" He watched him fly by us smiling and said. "he's getting there".

tell'em we said hello from district 12/14Smile
GILLETT
7/14/2011 8:59pm
Xracer wrote:
I always wondered where he came from, and how he ended up in Michigan for a while....is he a native Aussie? I remember hanging on the...
I always wondered where he came from, and how he ended up in Michigan for a while....is he a native Aussie? I remember hanging on the fence at Baja in my "125 Junior" days (remember that class?) and watching him, Keith Bowen and a kid named Dave Tambling (really fast...what ever happened to him?) tear that place up at warp speed in 125 and 250A. Most days it seemed Bowen and his Yamaha's had the upper hand, but I think it had a lot to do with mechanical problems that seemed to plague those early 80's Kawasaki's. The thing I remember most about Eddie was that Team Green rig parked by the starting line and the 2 or 3 bikes he'd have under the awning...unheard of at the time.
He is originally from Clio, Michigan. I went to school in Millington, Mi. with his younger brother Ken. The races back then were awesome, basically like a national. Eddie, Keith Bowen, Dave Tambling, John Grewe, Mark McLaren, Jeff Stanton, Todd DeHoop, Dave Hollis, it was great. Speaking of the 3 bikes , when my dad and i used to go over to their house, his dad had stacks of Dunlop tires around about 7 trees in the yard, about 4 feet high. LOL
GILLETT
7/14/2011 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2011 9:03pm
GILLETT wrote:
Awesome guys. Thanks for the info. Eddie was my childhood hero next to my Dad. I wanted to be just like him. I actually still have...
Sure does bring back memories, I remember that bucket of tools vividly at a Delta motocross LL qualifier just as I was getting into MC Back...
Sure does bring back memories, I remember that bucket of tools vividly at a Delta motocross LL qualifier just as I was getting into MC Back in 84'

I was watching the 125 mod class on the concrete pad and asked the guy next to me who was that kid leading? he chimed up proudly saying "thats my kid, his name is Eddie Warren" I said "holy fuck he's fast!" He watched him fly by us smiling and said. "he's getting there".

tell'em we said hello from district 12/14Smile
The bucket of tools. His dad also wore a straw hat all the time, with a pair of blue overalls and a white t shirt. The great thing about Ed and Eddie is that they were both great guys. If I get ahold of him I will tell him you said hello.
dboivin
7/14/2011 11:21pm
the bucket and the straw hat. trademark Warren. His dad and uncle i believe were very very big Flat trackers back in the day. His uncle Jack was a great 40+ guy in the 80's.
dboivin
7/14/2011 11:25pm
not sure when i got this, probably Red Bud or Silverdome....think 87'. Eddie was one of the nicest guys around.

GILLETT
7/15/2011 3:15am
dboivin wrote:
not sure when i got this, probably Red Bud or Silverdome....think 87'. Eddie was one of the nicest guys around. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/20403/photos/49823/s1600_eddie_warren_jersey17.jpg?1310711028[/img]
not sure when i got this, probably Red Bud or Silverdome....think 87'. Eddie was one of the nicest guys around.

Damn Dan, that shirt looks mint. His uncle Jack always rode a 125, and back then it was the Woods Senior class. LOL I will try to get a pic of the Answer pants he gave me this weekend,
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/15/2011 5:41am
Good stuff. Eddie Warren was bada--. I remember seeing him on a video of the 87 125 Millville national. He was tearing it up on that KX125.
TomZ
Fantasy
4402nd
7/15/2011 11:27am
Great memories......don't forget Eric Posten and the Buchalter brothers ....Sanford and Sam.
Sondy132001
7/15/2011 11:34am
TomZ wrote:
Great memories......don't forget Eric Posten and the Buchalter brothers ....Sanford and Sam.
Tom you know Eric?? He lives out here by me still I believe, Eric is a great guy, I have lots of memories with Eric & Eddie both, always smiling, laughing and clowning around.

S
GILLETT
7/15/2011 12:05pm
My Dad used to work with Eric. Hey TomZ, what about Chris Stanick, Terry Young, Mike Roth? Another funny Eddie story- He was telling my Dad about how he had just got done riding with either Jeff Ward, Ron Lechein, or Jeff Matiasevich, and they were all dirty and stopped at a local Toyota store in Cali, and Eddie walked in and couldn't get anyone to wait on him because he looked all dirty in shorts and a t-shirt. Finally a salesman that recognized him helped him and he paid cash for a new truck. The foot in the ass comes to mind for all the salesman that didn't wait on him.

Post a reply to: Eddie Warren- where is he now?

The Latest