Extreme enduro tire selection

agn5009
What tire do you guys think is best for extreme enduro type of riding? I'm a big fan of the cheater and the ibex is decent.
|
JM485
8/21/2017 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2017 6:50pm
Cheater fan here as well, the price just can't be beat. I've used it at both an endurocross and a hard endurocross. It lasted pretty well for endurocross, but the hard enduro pretty much smoked it (although I spent a lot of time stuck and burning out on rocks). Still a damn good tire though, especially for the price.

GNCC Tackee is also good, made by Golden Tire if I remember right.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
8/21/2017 8:56pm
JM485 wrote:
Cheater fan here as well, the price just can't be beat. I've used it at both an endurocross and a hard endurocross. It lasted pretty well...
Cheater fan here as well, the price just can't be beat. I've used it at both an endurocross and a hard endurocross. It lasted pretty well for endurocross, but the hard enduro pretty much smoked it (although I spent a lot of time stuck and burning out on rocks). Still a damn good tire though, especially for the price.

GNCC Tackee is by Vee Rubber. I'm running one on my vintage hare scrambles bike and it's holding up great. Who makes the Cheater and Ibex?
ktm300hater
8/21/2017 9:16pm
JM485 wrote:
Cheater fan here as well, the price just can't be beat. I've used it at both an endurocross and a hard endurocross. It lasted pretty well...

Hman144 wrote:
GNCC Tackee is by Vee Rubber. I'm running one on my vintage hare scrambles bike and it's holding up great. Who makes the Cheater and Ibex?
Cheater is From Shinko. It's a good tire.

The Shop

agn5009
8/22/2017 2:18am
JM485 wrote:

Hman144 wrote:
Kenda makes the ibex.
RCF
8/22/2017 7:38am
My kid tried one of these extreme Enduros this year, we ran the kenda i b e x. Destroyed running the qualifying the day before , but he said it did hook up good the day of the race put a new one on only made it a lap and a half and his chain broke same thing tire look pretty roached. A lot of the other bikes had Kenda equilibriums and just straight up trials tires
BobPA
8/22/2017 10:43am
Another vote for the Shinko. For general single track/woods I love the IRC VE33, awesome tire.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/22/2017 10:56am
My buddy has this crazy soft tire from Goldentire. Looks insane for enduro stuff!
PTshox
8/22/2017 2:54pm
I'm running a goldentire fatty up front and it's the best tire I've ever used for pure traction.
agn5009
8/22/2017 5:12pm
My buddy has this crazy soft tire from Goldentire. Looks insane for enduro stuff!
Yeah I've heard they're pretty awesome. But supposedly they don't last very long at all.
JB 19
8/23/2017 6:57pm
I have a 19" Cheater mounted up, but haven't got to try it yet. Wish I had an 18" wheel. I've read reports where it still hooks even when it's roached because the super soft compound is what provides the traction, not so much the knobs hooking in the dirt. Hope to find out soon. Looks like a steal at 70$ shipped from Rocky Mountain.
Monk
8/23/2017 7:12pm
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah I've heard they're pretty awesome. But supposedly they don't last very long at all.
One race... @ $150 a pop, it's going to get real expensive fast!
JB 19
8/23/2017 8:04pm
JB 19 wrote:
I have a 19" Cheater mounted up, but haven't got to try it yet. Wish I had an 18" wheel. I've read reports where it still...
I have a 19" Cheater mounted up, but haven't got to try it yet. Wish I had an 18" wheel. I've read reports where it still hooks even when it's roached because the super soft compound is what provides the traction, not so much the knobs hooking in the dirt. Hope to find out soon. Looks like a steal at 70$ shipped from Rocky Mountain.
By the way, the Cheater is a bit of a heavy tire and I combined it with an STI Ultra Heavy Duty tube. I didn't realize what a beast those tubes are. It's like a tire on its own. The combo weighs about 9 pounds more than a Dunlop mx3s with a standard tube. Not a big deal for off road, but probably a deal breaker for moto.

Post a reply to: Extreme enduro tire selection

The Latest