FLY RACING

LLOYD22
6/3/2014 10:16am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2014 4:06pm
ordered a jersey, pants, boots, and gloves for a customers daughther on tuesday May 27th. The boots and pants showed up on thurday but no jersey and gloves, called WPS and they said it went by mail for some reason and it wouldnt make in time for here bday so they overnighted a new set so it would make it! That is customer service at its best!
|
hvaughn88
6/3/2014 10:19am
That's pretty damn awesome. I will admit, I was never a Fly guy before listening to JT$ on all the podcasts. But after listening to his stuff, stories like these and even buying some fly stuff myself (wore their jacket and gloves on my street bike today), I'm a huge Fly fan. Good on Fly for making your little girl's birthday awesome.
Jt$
6/3/2014 10:20am
Glad it worked out! We have a great group of people working around here. Thanks for your business as well.
peelout
6/3/2014 10:20am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2014 10:22am
i like most of their stuff, but that Team Italian Restaurant gear Trey was wearing this weekend was horrible...

what i like about Fly, besides being somewhat local to me in Utah (Idaho), is how far they have come with the quality of their gear and all their products. the first few years of gear was garbage. the new stuff seems really well made, especially the helmets.
Jt$
6/3/2014 10:23am
peelout wrote:
i like most of their stuff, but that Team Italian Restaurant gear Trey was wearing this weekend was horrible... what i like about Fly, besides being...
i like most of their stuff, but that Team Italian Restaurant gear Trey was wearing this weekend was horrible...

what i like about Fly, besides being somewhat local to me in Utah (Idaho), is how far they have come with the quality of their gear and all their products. the first few years of gear was garbage. the new stuff seems really well made, especially the helmets.
It's the highest selling colorway but as always, different people like different looks. That's the nature of this stuff as I have learned.

The Shop

enketchum
6/3/2014 10:28am
Check, check, mic check

there goes Barcia
cb49
6/3/2014 10:30am
Gear is awesome but gloves are crap.
early
Fantasy
2139th
6/3/2014 10:32am
I have an F2 Carbon helmet, its really light and for me very comfortable
EastFlorida
6/3/2014 10:32am
I bought Fly gear for my 14 year old and the rear stitching is coming out of the pants after 1 ride. This ride was on a TTR125 going slow on a pee wee course. I guess I'll reach out to them to see what help they can provide. I'm guessing I'll have to return it to RMATVMC first...
Xeno
6/3/2014 11:01am
The Fly "Black Ops" jacket is a very versatile piece of equipment. I thought it was just for chilly mornings at the track, until I took it on a trail ride. It's now my go-to riding garment.
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
6/3/2014 2:00pm
You guys can love fly racing as much as you want.
I will personally never be a fan.
They are the store-brand of motocross gear.
Taking market share from the smaller, more innovative, more core companies.
They copy and do not lead.
They will always be "budget" to me.
Jt$
6/3/2014 2:03pm
motokiwi wrote:
You guys can love fly racing as much as you want. I will personally never be a fan. They are the store-brand of motocross gear. Taking...
I am sorry you feel that way. I am here everyday in the office and I can assure you that you would be hard pressed to find a more "core" company. I don't really follow some of your points but that's ok, you're entitled to your opinion of course.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
6/3/2014 2:06pm
didn't fly sponser "the avalanche" at the end of his bmx career?
erikcrvjl
6/3/2014 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2014 2:10pm
motokiwi wrote:
You guys can love fly racing as much as you want. I will personally never be a fan. They are the store-brand of motocross gear. Taking...
Hm. They make motocross gear that looks good and fits good. What more do you want?
motokiwi
Fantasy
235th
6/3/2014 2:14pm
Jt$ wrote:
I am sorry you feel that way. I am here everyday in the office and I can assure you that you would be hard pressed to...
I am sorry you feel that way. I am here everyday in the office and I can assure you that you would be hard pressed to find a more "core" company. I don't really follow some of your points but that's ok, you're entitled to your opinion of course.
No hard feelings JT$, its not a personal attack on you, and I do feel that fly have significantly lifted their game over the years, so great work.

Its just not "my cup of tea"
Jt$
6/3/2014 2:15pm
motokiwi wrote:
No hard feelings JT$, its not a personal attack on you, and I do feel that fly have significantly lifted their game over the years, so...
No hard feelings JT$, its not a personal attack on you, and I do feel that fly have significantly lifted their game over the years, so great work.

Its just not "my cup of tea"
All good man, different strokes for different folks! Lots of companies to choose from these days.
jock
Fantasy
1st
6/3/2014 2:21pm
I have both Fox and Fly gear. The Fly gear gets worn a lot more times than the Fox stuff. I like both sets, but the Fly gear just seems to be more comfy on long trail rides.
Jack mehoff
6/3/2014 2:24pm
motokiwi wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
I am sorry you feel that way. I am here everyday in the office and I can assure you that you would be hard pressed to...
Jt are we going to get some. Retro style L BZ style gear this year ?
Jt$
6/3/2014 2:32pm
Cheetah print I hope.
Jack mehoff
6/3/2014 2:57pm
Nothing. Better then black in the nice summer sun
rallendude
6/3/2014 2:59pm
FLY has backed our local racing series for a few years now. I've never bought into the sponsoring deal much. I bought 3 sets of Answer stuff years ago for that purpose. They lost my registration and I never got anything out of it. The gear was good but that was all. I decided last year it was time for some new gear so I bought two new sets of FLY gear and went on and registered them. I generally do pretty well in local results but I didn't make but 12 races last year and missed he banquet. Our series organizer called me a couple weeks later to let me know they had some stuff for me. I ended up making enough FLY bucks to order me a new full set of gear for this year plus I got my kid a new set of gear, chest protector, knee pads and some goggles.

It looks like they've gotten the market share in MX and SX as well. I will continue to support those that support our sport. Thanks FLY Racing.
Matthes
6/3/2014 3:01pm
Jt$ wrote:
Cheetah print I hope.
The "Frenette" line...
6/3/2014 3:58pm
Imo fly has come along way, id rock there stuff anytime, and kudos for them making it affordable!!!! More mx companys need to follow. This sport is getting retardetly expensive! Especially cause of ktm. Everytime they put out a new model yr a HAVE to buy one! Iol no worries fly, ktm , keep up the good work, and jt i want in on the bto fan expierence next yr at the nj sx
7GP
6/3/2014 3:59pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
ordered a jersey, pants, boots, and gloves for a customers daughther on tuesday May 27th. The boots and pants showed up on thurday but no jersey...
ordered a jersey, pants, boots, and gloves for a customers daughther on tuesday May 27th. The boots and pants showed up on thurday but no jersey and gloves, called WPS and they said it went by mail for some reason and it wouldnt make in time for here bday so they overnighted a new set so it would make it! That is customer service at its best!
Always nice to hear something positive!

The Fly stuff is killer. After hearing the guys on pulp talk about Fly's marketing strategy, which focuses more on amateurs, fast local guys and privateers, it sounds like their target market is the guys who actually race and follow the sport. What's more core than that? Keep up the great support guys!
6/3/2014 4:14pm
Fly gear is great even use their snowmobile gear and yes one of the best companies I've ever dealt with
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
6/3/2014 5:26pm
Fly has a great marketing strategy IMO. Lots of lines of gear for whatever price point you want. Doing a great job!
DJS721
6/3/2014 5:28pm
Having seen the facility, I can vouch for JT$'s points: WPS and Fly are strong supporters of the sport, and really are a grass roots company. Everyone there is dedicated and truly care about the customer, as evidenced above with the first post. Too many companies have lost touch with the importance of service, and this company has not! They are the real deal and live this just like the customer does; in fact they are their customer.

I purchased a set of Fly Evolution gear (pants, jersey, gloves, and the re-branded Leatt chest protector):Great gear, very comfortable, and great quality so far. Still not 100% sold on the magnetic zipper flap on the pants, but I like the adjustment on the side. So far the gloves are holding up well, and I really like the chest protector fit and feel. I like my gloves a little longer in the palm, but this is minor from my perspective. I will buy Fly again, the colorways are clean and the quality is strong.

Support companies that support the sport, I know they are always my first choice
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1950th
6/3/2014 5:37pm
Only thing I don't like about my fly gear is how hard it is to get in the UK. I love the gear and usually order it from the US as the UK dealers only seem to have limited stock. By far the best kit I have ridden with fit is perfect and it stands the test of time.
Jt$
6/3/2014 8:13pm
chrisgg90 wrote:
Only thing I don't like about my fly gear is how hard it is to get in the UK. I love the gear and usually order...
Only thing I don't like about my fly gear is how hard it is to get in the UK. I love the gear and usually order it from the US as the UK dealers only seem to have limited stock. By far the best kit I have ridden with fit is perfect and it stands the test of time.
Which dealers do you frequent? I was international manager before USA now so I may be able to help. I know the UK distributor pretty well and I'm sure we can get you sorted.
BobPA
6/3/2014 8:22pm
WPS is awesome.

Just bought my first set of Fly kinetic gear, only have about 3 rides on it but it's descent so far. Fits well and it looks like my knee braces won't tear them to shreds.
Flip109
6/3/2014 8:26pm
I don't personally like the look of the current fly gear, but they seem as core as a mx gear company can get besides maybe Troy lee. They support a lot of riders and privateers it seems. Maybe I will try a set next year.

Post a reply to: FLY RACING

The Latest