FS1

Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 8:56am
Can someone explain why the hell they go to replays at the worst time and miss every damn important part of the race on live tv?

Like its bad for the sport missing the action lol........
|
Roostermx58
2/5/2018 6:03am
Agreed!! They showed a replay on the last lap of the 450's and missed the live action! It would be awesome if they could do a split screen with replays like they do when watching multiple battles.
jwoltz
2/5/2018 6:05am
At minimum, show/announce the last 2 laps of the race.
2/5/2018 6:07am
I hate when there is close action and they cut away to a replay and you can hear the crowd erupt. You know some good action just went down but we missed it.
bvm111
2/5/2018 6:57am
I know it’s super duper cool to have it live but why not tape delay the race by 15 or 30 minutes so they can actually do a little production to ensure this doesn’t happen... just an idea!

The Shop

hamncheeze
2/5/2018 8:57am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 8:58am
If you go and listen to Daniel Blair on the Main Event Moto podcast he does a reasonable explanation of why it is impossible to catch every moment of the race on a night like Oakland where so much is going on. And even though Daniel is kind of becoming a Feld/Fox apologist and/or Feld/Fox defender on his podcast in many ways (and to the detriment of his own podcast IMO), I do agree it is almost impossible to catch it all on live TV when it comes to SX. It is catch-22, if they don't show the replay people are upset, if they do show it they risk missing the next piece of action.

One really cool thing Feld and Fox could do that would be really cool would be to offer up a "produced" replay of the races. Do some editing and run the race again on Sunday or Monday, and upload the edited version to VOD for the international viewers. That would be cool.
matze
Fantasy
3097th
2/5/2018 9:19am
hamncheeze wrote:
If you go and listen to Daniel Blair on the Main Event Moto podcast he does a reasonable explanation of why it is impossible to catch...
If you go and listen to Daniel Blair on the Main Event Moto podcast he does a reasonable explanation of why it is impossible to catch every moment of the race on a night like Oakland where so much is going on. And even though Daniel is kind of becoming a Feld/Fox apologist and/or Feld/Fox defender on his podcast in many ways (and to the detriment of his own podcast IMO), I do agree it is almost impossible to catch it all on live TV when it comes to SX. It is catch-22, if they don't show the replay people are upset, if they do show it they risk missing the next piece of action.

One really cool thing Feld and Fox could do that would be really cool would be to offer up a "produced" replay of the races. Do some editing and run the race again on Sunday or Monday, and upload the edited version to VOD for the international viewers. That would be cool.
C'mon when there is a close battle for the lead in the last minutes you can show all replays right after the race, it isnt that hard to figure out isnt it
bball35
2/5/2018 9:22am
If they don't show a replay then yall are upset about it. It was just bad timing on saturday. There was action all night. The best way to fix this issue is to have double screens.
motosmith
2/5/2018 9:28am
That was the worst coverage in the history of the sport.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/5/2018 9:31am
hamncheeze wrote:
If you go and listen to Daniel Blair on the Main Event Moto podcast he does a reasonable explanation of why it is impossible to catch...

How about a policy of no replays when there are 2 minutes left on the clock, is that too much to ask?
crockett
2/5/2018 4:38pm
If there is 5
Minutes left in a race and positions are close, wait until the race is done! Then show us a pass or crash, and include some highlights that weren't caught by the main broadcast! I'm sure there is so much amazing racing footage we never get to see
crockett
2/5/2018 4:39pm
Didn't they say the triple crown needs to fill time between races?
pbody
Fantasy
347th
2/5/2018 5:01pm
A couple of guys hit on it already, but there's plenty of time to show replays in between segments and post-race interviews. It would be better than most of the stuff they are currently showing.

And something I've been complaining for years which they actually had 2 segments in Oakland.... more reports from the pits. I think it was Taft they talked to after his heat crash. I want more of that stuff and less of the current boring filler. Injury/crash updates following heats and LCQ. Talk to Canard, team managers, mechanics, etc.

Similar to talking to Coaches at halftime, drivers after they crash, etc.

2/5/2018 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 5:24pm
It's not the replays that grind my gears, it's cutting away from last lap battles to show the leader coasting through his final 1/2 lap, just because he's the leader. PUT THE OBLIGATORY LEADER SHOT IN A SMALL SIDE BOX AND KEEP THE MAIN CAMERA ON THE ACTION, FOR FUCKS SAKE.

(i'm sorry for yelling)
Honda11
2/5/2018 5:26pm
i love all the coverage, but i do find it funny how they have a "Pass of the Race" before the race is even over (or half over in most cases)
2/5/2018 6:47pm
It's the director in the truck. And it doesn't only happen in Supercross/motocross. You can tell when the director doesn't actually understand (have any interest in) the sport he (or she) is running.
hamncheeze
2/5/2018 6:58pm
I re-watched the main events and yeah I have to say the end of the 250 race was pretty awful. The camera kept swapping around and they missed most of the Savatgy-Hill battle. Also missed those two getting by A-Mart while they were busy showing us Harrison and Chisholm. Honestly I could agree on maybe having no replays until the race is over. They just take too much time.

Overall the Oakland race was not one of the better broadcasting efforts. Plus the livestream had its issues as well.
Premixed112
2/5/2018 7:41pm
It's not the replays that grind my gears, it's cutting away from last lap battles to show the leader coasting through his final 1/2 lap, just...
It's not the replays that grind my gears, it's cutting away from last lap battles to show the leader coasting through his final 1/2 lap, just because he's the leader. PUT THE OBLIGATORY LEADER SHOT IN A SMALL SIDE BOX AND KEEP THE MAIN CAMERA ON THE ACTION, FOR FUCKS SAKE.

(i'm sorry for yelling)
Fucking agreed!

Not sorry for yelling.
Sully
2/5/2018 7:59pm
hamncheeze wrote:

Is Blair becoming an apologist/defender, or do you think he's just getting a bit more insight into how live television gets produced?
hamncheeze
2/5/2018 8:26pm
First off I like Daniel Blair. And I like his podcast. He was already on the Feld payroll doing Arenacross broadcasts but since he’s moved to Race Day Live and the SX broadcast I have noticed he is a bit sensitive to Feld issues on his podcast. He was really selling/promoting the Triple Crown 2 weeks ago. FWIW I think he’s awesome on the broadcast team and kills it on the floor in place of RC. And I’m not asking him to bag on Feld or Fox on his podcast but he should be bright enough to realize the Oakland production was not their best work.
2/5/2018 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 8:42pm
If they would start 15 min later ...eliminate some of the middle fluff and add 15 minutes at the end of the show for interviews and an entire race recap of both mains.....hey there’s an idea. Doubt that will happen though. They’re too worried about getting right into opening ceremonies of a college basketball game.
Betuel
2/5/2018 8:32pm
There is no time to show the replays at the end after the race. There is only enough time in the time slot for the race and post race interviews, then on to the next scheduled program. It’s either show the replays during the racing and risk missing something good or dont show them at all. Or do the double screen view.
NorCal 50+
2/5/2018 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 10:05pm
I wanna know why in the world there is silence during half the first lap because these guys have no freaking idea who is leading! They can't have a spotter telling them on the radio? Even local mx tracks do a better job telling us who is who.
Ted722
2/5/2018 10:16pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I wanna know why in the world there is silence during half the first lap because these guys have no freaking idea who is leading! They...
I wanna know why in the world there is silence during half the first lap because these guys have no freaking idea who is leading! They can't have a spotter telling them on the radio? Even local mx tracks do a better job telling us who is who.
They're still putting together the narrative on the fun fact. This week it was kittens.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/5/2018 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 10:34pm
EDIT: Wrong thread obviously, was reading ted722's post and forgot where I was. Laughing
Just visiting the cat thread a couple of times has caused this Laughing

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/5/2018 10:52pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
EDIT: Wrong thread obviously, was reading ted722's post and forgot where I was. :laugh: Just visiting the cat thread a couple of times has caused this...
EDIT: Wrong thread obviously, was reading ted722's post and forgot where I was. Laughing
Just visiting the cat thread a couple of times has caused this Laughing

Drinking wine again? Lol. Cat ads on Vital.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
2/6/2018 12:06am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Drinking wine again? Lol. Cat ads on Vital.
Beer today, plus a cheech.Laughing
JustMX
2/6/2018 6:27am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 6:28am
bvm111 wrote:
I know it’s super duper cool to have it live but why not tape delay the race by 15 or 30 minutes so they can actually...
I know it’s super duper cool to have it live but why not tape delay the race by 15 or 30 minutes so they can actually do a little production to ensure this doesn’t happen... just an idea!
I agree soooooooooo much.....

Our sport would be so awesome if it was condensed down just a little.

People not familiar with the sport are not going to sit through a 3 hour broadcast with so many commercials and filler pieces.

Musquains cooking? Really? Make up to mud? Nice to feature the diversity of the sport but there has to be a better way.

Just do like most of us probably do anyway, start an hour into the broadcast, cut out the fluff, and boom, you are caught up and live when the mains start.

Show the highlights of the qualifiers and lcqs. Get us to the mains live or a short delay.

New people could probably care less if it is live. They want to be entertained and have shorter and shorter attention spans.

Our current format sucks for them.

Bad Billy
2/6/2018 8:55am
It's not the replays that grind my gears, it's cutting away from last lap battles to show the leader coasting through his final 1/2 lap, just...

(i'm sorry for yelling)
What he said!

Post a reply to: FS1

The Latest